Old 08-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #1  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Default The "Venti" Thread

Hehe, I'm so clever. Anyway... I saw this in the 300+ club, and thought we should have one over here too. This is a place to vent about anything. It doesn't have to be about weight loss- just whatever is bugging you today. 'Cause it's good to let things out.

Last edited by singforthedayx; 08-29-2010 at 09:56 AM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #2  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

As for me, this whole year is bugging me. I just found out my grandmother is sick again. She was diagnosed with lung cancer last year and against all odds, she made a full recovery. It's back now, and they're giving her 6 months to a year tops.

This is on top of my grandfather (from the other side of the family) passing away in April from Alzheimer's, and having to put my dog to sleep in June. (He was epileptic and went into a seizure that didn't stop...)

So yeah... bad year. Is it 2011 yet?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

That's terrible about your grandmother My dad just began treatment for a Stage IV diagnosis and my DH just got laid off.

I totally agree about being over 2010.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #4  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

for singforthedayx and junebug41.
Best wishes for both of you and your family members.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #5  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by singforthedayx View Post
As for me, this whole year is bugging me. I just found out my grandmother is sick again. She was diagnosed with lung cancer last year and against all odds, she made a full recovery. It's back now, and they're giving her 6 months to a year tops.

This is on top of my grandfather (from the other side of the family) passing away in April from Alzheimer's, and having to put my dog to sleep in June. (He was epileptic and went into a seizure that didn't stop...)

oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #6  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

<----hugs for both of you, I'm very sorry.

I hate that i can't ever get closure on an ex when he just keeps coming in and out of my life whenever he so pleases. He comes in and it's okay. . . then poof he stops everything for months on end. I want to get over him, but how? And once I think I am over him he pops up again. =[
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by singforthedayx View Post

This is on top of my grandfather (from the other side of the family) passing away in April from Alzheimer's)

Aww

I'm sorry about your grandfather. Mine died from Alzheimer's last years after 11 years of sickness. He reached such an awful stage of vegetation that when my dad told me he died my first reaction was that I felt happy that he died and he wasn't suffering anymore. And then I felt so awful for this. I hope your grandfather didn't suffer like mine did. I wish no one that.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #8  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetyladyserenity View Post
Aww

I'm sorry about your grandfather. Mine died from Alzheimer's last years after 11 years of sickness. He reached such an awful stage of vegetation that when my dad told me he died my first reaction was that I felt happy that he died and he wasn't suffering anymore. And then I felt so awful for this. I hope your grandfather didn't suffer like mine did. I wish no one that.
Well, he got to a point where he didn't want to eat or drink anymore... and he was pulling out his IV, so we think it was a choice he made all on his own. He honestly didn't look like he suffered too much. When we visited him on his last days, he still had a smile on his face and was being the wise guy that he always was. I understand what you mean about being relieved, and it's totally okay. I was too, not only so he wouldn't be starving anymore, but because playing that waiting game was so hard. And now I'm doing it again... *sigh*

I'm sorry for your loss. I totally understand what you've been through. If you want to talk more about it, send me a private message.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #9  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

My vents aren't as serious as some, but...

My 9 month old is *slowly* cutting a new tooth. And is consequently back to waking up 4 or 5 times a night for an hour at a time. I wish babies were born with all their teeth.

Also, my husband won't get off his butt and get moving on his homework! I hate sounding like his mom, trying to get him to stop procrastinating, but he's the one who wanted to go back to school! If he doesn't do well he'll get all depressed and then I'll have to deal with that too! I'm 'bout ready to just do his work for him...
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess View Post

Also, my husband won't get off his butt and get moving on his homework! I hate sounding like his mom, trying to get him to stop procrastinating, but he's the one who wanted to go back to school! If he doesn't do well he'll get all depressed and then I'll have to deal with that too! I'm 'bout ready to just do his work for him...
Oh man, this was me with my husband. He gets stressed soooo easily, so I'd totally have to deal with that too! Luckily he's a little smarter these days and doesn't take so many classes at once.

I'd like to vent about a few random things, but mostly today it is the perils of working with your mother :-/ We own an insurance agency, and often it isn't such a big deal but maaaan, when she's feeling sub-par, and my dad happens to be by the office being a bit of a grump, it makes for a really crappy Monday. That would be long story short, anyway. About a dozen other things are ticking me off today, also about work.. but it requires so much detail, and I don't want to write a novel or two. Sometimes feeling backed in a corner just blows. And I don't like that after such a great weekend, when I start the week feeling pretty good, I get that positive bubble burst 10 minutes after walking into work.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/197/140

Height: 5'4"

My lame vent - I am sick with a cold and it sucks bad. Oh, and I took Nyquil last night and still feel out of it. I just want to feel better.
Kaitlyn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

for all you lovelies, vents big or small.

Mine falls into the smaller category. I am feeling so lethargic and sleepy this week. I thought that my change in foods and increase in exercise had changed this, and it had - for the first 6 weeks. Its like now I'm in Week 7, I have hit a wall. And my weight doesn't appear to be dropping this week either. So that's my vent. Maybe every 7 weeks I'll have a week like this for the rest of my life. Or not!

Another vent - I'm meant to be an artist, I rent a studio to paint in and I'm meant to be looking for opportunities to exhibit and sell my work. But I haven't painted in over 2 months and I don't feel like painting or making anything at the moment either. It's sad, I feel like I'm losing what I'm meant to love.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #13  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

Even though I know I have to lose weight, today I went to the doctors for a blood test and she began talking to me about losing weight saying "Next week when you come back in we will talk about diet and nutrition, you are carrying a little too much weight for your height. I guess I just got my feelings hurt. I told her before she asked that I was putting more fruits and vegtables in my diet and starting to go to the gym. I know she meant it to help me but it just really hurt. I still went to the gym afterward but I don't know it just made me feel really crappy inside. Not motivated to lose weight but more like I wanted to go indulge on a box of zebra cakes just to say screw her. Even though I didn't do that, I just wanna lay around and cry.
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
Another vent - I'm meant to be an artist, I rent a studio to paint in and I'm meant to be looking for opportunities to exhibit and sell my work. But I haven't painted in over 2 months and I don't feel like painting or making anything at the moment either. It's sad, I feel like I'm losing what I'm meant to love.
I have a few friends that are amazing, professional artists and they have these ebbs and flows as well. They always come out of it. Sometimes it's just waiting for the inspiration to make its way around again
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatgirlAmy View Post
Even though I know I have to lose weight, today I went to the doctors for a blood test and she began talking to me about losing weight saying "Next week when you come back in we will talk about diet and nutrition, you are carrying a little too much weight for your height. I guess I just got my feelings hurt. I told her before she asked that I was putting more fruits and vegtables in my diet and starting to go to the gym. I know she meant it to help me but it just really hurt. I still went to the gym afterward but I don't know it just made me feel really crappy inside. Not motivated to lose weight but more like I wanted to go indulge on a box of zebra cakes just to say screw her. Even though I didn't do that, I just wanna lay around and cry.
That would frustrate me to no end. You're working your behind off and one of the benefits is NOT having your doctor harp on your weight and because you're not at goal yet you STILL have to hear about it! Ugh! I promise, in due time...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
<----hugs for both of you, I'm very sorry.

I hate that i can't ever get closure on an ex when he just keeps coming in and out of my life whenever he so pleases. He comes in and it's okay. . . then poof he stops everything for months on end. I want to get over him, but how? And once I think I am over him he pops up again. =[
Wow! Do I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I have been dating this guy off & on for 5 freakin' years. It's been going really well for the last 2.5 years or so and then about 3 weeks ago he broke up with me. This Friday would've been our 5 year anniversary. I'm freaking miserable. I miss him sooo much I can barely stand it. And I'm afraid that just about the time I seriously accept that I'm going to move on, that he's going to come back. It's what he's done every other time. I just want him to make up his freakin' mind.

Oh and i'm with you guys with the over 2010 thing. My boyfriend (well, ex now)'s aunt died in June, and my grandma died in July.

There have been good things this year, but right now the bad is seeming to overwhelm them
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote