Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Saturday 8/28/2010

Hello I am getting ready to start the Ideal Protein diet before I invest in all this money are the results that good?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Dear Sheila,
The answer is "YES:

In 21 wks, I have lost 87.5 pounds and 45 inches.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #3  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Saturday 8/28/2010

Introduce yourself to and ask questions right here!

The sun never sets on the 3fatchicks Ideal Protein Forum, overnight highlights from yesterday's chat thread:
- Linden, JessicaCourez, RockyMonarch, and xanthia carried on the welcome and encouragement
- wonderful results posted by brendaleeg and loves2swim
- cool NSV (non-scale victory) from Pegsi
- a somewhereinneverland found us-
- and more bra talk from the melting ribcage gang (O)(O)!

Check it out in yesterday's chat thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...27-2010-a.html

-- personal comment --
I'm up waaaaaaaaaaayyy too early on a Saturday. GRRRR
--

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.

Create a bookmark or favorite for it in your browser!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff
Tickers and signatures:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...forum-help-40/

Search
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. A picture's worth a thousand words so here's a screen shot:

The operator, "site:" , tells google to look only at that specific website. The search term, "ideal protein", will tell google to only look at pages that contain those words. Add whatever you're looking for in the forum and Bob's your uncle.

Other helpful links
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Clicking the link will open a PDF file.
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf

Progress Photos Thread in this forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

Exercise Thread in this forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-28-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
My latest dilemma - I put my hubby on IP two weeks ago (plus two days). I figured it would be nice if we went through the stages together. He has already lost almost 14 lbs!!! He is totally going to leapfrog me and I am going to have to put him on phase 2 and 3 WAAAY ahead of going on it myself. I am the one going to the IP clinic, so I'm going to have to figure out the new phases all on my own, sans help from my coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damgi
I hear ya on the figuring out the phases for DH ahead of my schedule. I think he'll be there before me so I have already started the research. I admit this pain is self inflicted. (I know some of you probably are wondering what is wrong with him that he can't research himself) I love the internet and I LOVE this site! You all have been so helpful. So I actually semi enjoy trying to figure out how to get his skinny butt through the rest of the phases.
I'm sure you are both taking full advantage of the sage advice offered up in the Life After Phase 1 STICKY!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Today is the day!!!!! I barely slept at all last night!!!! Leaving for the airport around noon!! Going to go in for a weigh-in this morning since I will be gone for two weeks and a bit! I will try to stop in every now and again when I get access to the internet!!! Have a good couple of weeks everyone!! Talk to you when I get back and my feet have hit the ground again!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I'm sure you are both taking full advantage of the sage advice offered up in the Life After Phase 1 STICKY!
Sage, eh? I prefer thyme and marjoram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Today is the day!!!!! I barely slept at all last night!!!! Leaving for the airport around noon!! Going to go in for a weigh-in this morning since I will be gone for two weeks and a bit! I will try to stop in every now and again when I get access to the internet!!! Have a good couple of weeks everyone!! Talk to you when I get back and my feet have hit the ground again!!!
[Novak]Excited you are.[/Novak] You made it! Have a wonderful time with Brandon, Susie. After he figures out who that gorgeous woman is hugging and kissing him, don't be surprised if he can't stop looking at you and your transformation!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-28-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default You did it!

Hey svelting,

Thank you, thank you, so much for reminding everyone that some of us post when others are asleep. I wanted to suggest it, but thought it too self-serving.

Now if you all want to see what goes on in the wee hours of your night (or morning), hop into yesterday's daily thread, OK? I'm not suggesting that it's inspired. But it's there.

HOH! Wait a minute. I just saw this. "Saturday chat open
The West Coasters having gone to bed, I'll close the thread. Let's take the party here:
IP Daily Chat - Saturday 8/28/2010"

For those of you who say stuff like "Well, in the states, where I come from" when you visit Hawai'i . . . This is one of the states, even though native Hawaiians were forced into it and disinfranchised. We happen to be 2,500 miles from the California, SO we are really the west coast, sorta. And the southernmost part of the country.

OK, OK. I think that's the only rant I've ever posted here (and ever will) and it's mostly out of respect for Hawai'i. And, more important, I REALLY APPRECIATE Svelting's inclusion. Thanks so very much.

Moreover, if you all come to the Big Island, please ask me to show you around, or lend you a bedroom.

Last edited by Linden; 08-28-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #8  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Sage, eh? I prefer thyme and marjoram
Herbal humor... interesting. I'm more of a basil gal, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hey svelting,

Thank you, thank you, so much for reminding everyone that some of us post when others are asleep. I wanted to suggest it, but thought it too self-serving.

Now if you all want to see what goes on in the wee hours of your night (or morning), hop into yesterday's daily thread, OK? I'm not suggesting that it's inspired. But it's there.
Already did, and was ready to multiquote all my comments, but someone slammed the door while I was on the phone with my sister

Good stuff, though. I am impressed that so many people are stepping up with such great advice, and that the newbies seem truly dedicated to sticking with the program and getting the full benefits. I for one find the discourse much more useful than ME ME ME pity parties, and trying to figure out ways to game the system. I'll probably get slammed for that, but the forum has become much more comforting and supportive again... which I think you recently pointed out, Linden.

So, thank you all for making this such a helpful (and fun) place to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Old 08-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #9  

Quote:
Already did, and was ready to multiquote all my comments, but someone slammed the door while I was on the phone with my sister
oops.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #10  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
For those of you who say stuff like "Well, in the states, where I come from" when you visit Hawai'i . . . This is one of the states, even though native Hawaiians were forced into it and disinfranchised. We happen to be 2,500 miles from the California, SO we are really the west coast, sorta. And the southernmost part of the country.

OK, OK. I think that's the only rant I've ever posted here (and ever will) and it's mostly out of respect for Hawai'i. And, more important, I REALLY APPRECIATE Svelting's inclusion. Thanks so very much.
Similar story for Alaska, where I spent a number of years, and which is also represented on these boards... but truly, what do those people in the lower 48 know anyway?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #11  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Similar story for Alaska, where I spent a number of years, and which is also represented on these boards... but truly, what do those people in the lower 48 know anyway?

Old 08-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 241.6/150

Congrats 87.5 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
Dear Sheila,
The answer is "YES:

In 21 wks, I have lost 87.5 pounds and 45 inches.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Quote:

Good stuff, though. I am impressed that so many people are stepping up with such great advice, and that the newbies seem truly dedicated to sticking with the program and getting the full benefits. I for one find the discourse much more useful than ME ME ME pity parties, and trying to figure out ways to game the system. I'll probably get slammed for that, but the forum has become much more comforting and supportive again... which I think you recently pointed out, Linden.

So, thank you all for making this such a helpful (and fun) place to visit.

Novak - Thank you for this comment. I've been on many different weight-loss discussion forums in the past, and that is my pet peeve: dieters discussing every single cheat and gain, and then rationalizing it all somehow. The next thing you know, they're asking how to incorporate alcohol, potatoes, or brownies into their low carb diet.

I have to say that THIS forum has been nothing like that for me. Everyone does seem to be so focused on the IP program and with following it correctly. Very inspiring and motivating. So, thanks to ALL of you!

This is Day 10 for me and I'm down 7.8 lbs.

Have a wonderful weekend, all.

~Linda
Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default I recommend IP whole-heartedly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Hello I am getting ready to start the Ideal Protein diet before I invest in all this money are the results that good?
Sheila, congratulations on making one of the best decisions you will probably ever make. My husband and I started this program 10 weeks ago this Monday. He is off two medications, blood sugar is normal, my blood pressure is now normal, he has gone from a very tight size 46 pants to a size 37 pants, and I have gone from a very tight size 16 to a loose size 8. All of this in less than 10 weeks! I thank God for finding out about IP! You will not regret it!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #15  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
I've been on many different weight-loss discussion forums in the past, and that is my pet peeve: dieters discussing every single cheat and gain, and then rationalizing it all somehow. The next thing you know, they're asking how to incorporate alcohol, potatoes, or brownies into their low carb diet.
Wow, you must have gone back and looked at some of our old threads!

But seriously, you are so right. This is a difficult mental undertaking, and the support we need comes from strength and encouragement, not rationalization and forgiveness for every infraction. It happens, we all understand that, but, "Move on and do better" should be the mantra rather than, "It's okay, you're only human." On the contrary, I would suggest that we all need to be a little super-human here.

So thanks for joining us and voicing your opinion. I've been beating this drum loudly for quite some time (while dodging a few bullets), and it's nice that people are finally gathering with me in the percussion section. I firmly believe that the forum is most valuable when we all help each other to succeed, rather than simply forgive each other for failing.
Closed Thread