Atkins - 30 lbs by Christmas Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 30 lbs by Christmas Challenge

cher37
08-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Okay ladies - here we go - should we decide on our weekly weigh-in day?

Katygooser
08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Okay, so how do I join the challenge?

Everlasting
08-27-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm a fan of Mondays because it's always in the back of your mind that you have to weigh in when its weekend and you want to indulge or overeat. :) I'd love to lose 30 more by Christmas.

MellyWag
08-27-2010, 11:38 PM
was this in response to the challenge that is already started? Because if so the official day is Mondays. If not, we have one that's already started with ladies if you want to join

Katygooser
08-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't know, this is my first day. I would like to join a challenge. I am sure I can do it. What is the other forum Melly?

sandyfanny
08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm with you, ladies. I can lose 30 pounds by Christmas, and I'd have lots of pretty things to wear...I have an awesome closet full of clothes I LOVE and can't get into.

My best weigh-in day is Saturday morning, 'cause I weigh at my doctor's office and it's the only day I can get there in the a.m. But I'm flexible...I can weigh in on Saturday and post on Monday. Would that work? You guys can pick a day...no worries.

What do I have to do to join the challenge...I'm in.

Shells
08-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Whatever you decide will work for me .... I am flexible

ghost girl
08-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Whatever you decide will also work for me. I do like the idea of Saturday or Sunday.

cher37
08-28-2010, 08:33 PM
was this in response to the challenge that is already started? Because if so the official day is Mondays. If not, we have one that's already started with ladies if you want to join

I don't know, this is my first day. I would like to join a challenge. I am sure I can do it. What is the other forum Melly?

umm..ok, I looked it up & there is another challenge on the "weight loss support" forum

...it's your call ladies, do you want to continue a separate challenge in the Atkins forum?(& if you do, Saturday seems to be the day of majority for weighing in)

so let me know :)

/cheryl

Shells
08-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I like the idea of an Atkins challenge myself

Katygooser
08-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I didn't realize this was an atkin's only forum. I am not doing Adkins, so I guess I will have to find the other one! Best of luck all!

ghost girl
08-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Cher
You decide, I still need to lose the weight, anyway that holds me accountable I am all for.

sandyfanny
08-29-2010, 10:33 AM
I like an "Atkins Challenge," but I'm good with an "Any Way You Want It" challenge too. We'd have a theme song...

cher37
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Okay then ... let's say we have our own Atkins thread & Christmas Challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join (keeping in mind though that our goal is to lose weight following the Atkins WOE)

Have a good week ladies - weigh in day is Saturday :D

& Be sure to record at weigh in:
SW: (at beginning of every 'week')
CW:
GW:

DebinCA
08-30-2010, 01:09 AM
In your post it said Atkins WOE...what is WOE?

Also, do we have specific ideas to reach this....incremental goals, appx 2 lbs per week, as in x mins of x type of exercise & frequency for each week???

Ideas, Ladies?

Thanks!

LTs girl
08-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm all in. Sorry I have been out of town for the weekend. I think having our own Atkins challenge is great! And don't feel that you can't join us if you aren't doing Atkins. Saturdays work for me.

Not sure I can weigh in this weekend. I am going out of town again to see my hubby. It's been 3 months so I am really excited. So I may have to start next week. That still gives me plenty of time to lose 30 by Christmas.

Shells
08-30-2010, 01:20 AM
WOE = way of eating

IMHO .... however you want to lose the weight is up to you. Obviously if its an Atkins challenge then low carb will play a role. I would think the exercise is completely personal ... some will, some won't, some will find a happy medium which suits their lifestyle.

I would also think that it would function as a sounding board for what we find works for us week to week, or what we found to be the challenges.

cher37
08-30-2010, 01:07 PM
... I am going out of town again to see my hubby. It's been 3 months so I am really excited. So I may have to start next week. That still gives me plenty of time to lose 30 by Christmas.

I am so excited for you! I pray he'll return safely to you :hug:

WOE = way of eating

IMHO .... however you want to lose the weight is up to you. Obviously if its an Atkins challenge then low carb will play a role. I would think the exercise is completely personal ... some will, some won't, some will find a happy medium which suits their lifestyle.

I would also think that it would function as a sounding board for what we find works for us week to week, or what we found to be the challenges.

Yep. I agree :) , personally, I allow myself to be easily influenced to try previous dieting methods, especially when I'm discouraged, so with the majority on track with Atkins I hope it'll give me the encouragement I need

... on that note, here's some :dust: going out to everyone!

/cheryl

hairchick40v
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
I am in.. Weigh in on Sat.. very good!! Its funny Cheryl, my friend and I say that same saying... "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I hope to realize that by July of next year!! 30 by Christmas for now!!

cher37
08-30-2010, 07:04 PM
....You're well on your way to feeling skinny HairChick!!!! :goodluck:

/cheryl

sandyfanny
08-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Thirty pounds by Christmas sounds like a dream, but I know we can do it. For me, it'll mean staying on Atkins Induction as closely as I can, making sure I don't eat too much cheese, and walking every day after school.

I don't really lose weight unless I walk often - at least 5 times a weeks. So, our work is cut out for us, ladies! We CAN! :carrot:

LTs Girl, I'm so happy for you. It's so romantic to have such wonderful reunions with your guy. ENJOY!!!

cher37
08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Me too.. cheese for me = no weight loss :(

I plan to stay on Induction - pretty much indefinitely... for the rest of my life (just kidding :dizzy:) - although sometimes it seems like it!

Eggs are my best friend, even when I have to force myself to eat them :frypan:

and Water Rules !!!!

sandyfanny
08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
I think I'll have to live below 40 grams of carbs the rest of my life unless I plan to gain the weight I lose back...and I don't want this ever again.

I lost 80 pounds and regained it over 8 years. Losing it a second time is AWFUL! And I'm eight years older, and it's just plain harder.

So I'm limiting cheese, walking, and doing my best. I still hate water; I haven't drunk nearly enough of anything today. This morning was a disaster, so I didn't pack any water nor stop to buy any. I'm drinking Crystal Light right now.

Losing thirty pounds is an AWESOME gift to myself!:ink:

cher37
08-31-2010, 08:51 PM
well, I didn't have my salad as planned, hubby brought home some Godfather's Pizza & to make matters worse .. I just saw a picture of myself in our local newspaper. I feel like crying, making myself throwup (but I won't b/c I hate puking), locking myself up and never eating again - who IS that fat old woman????

I know it took 2 years to put on this weight, but how come it takes twice as long to lose it?? :cry:

Shells
08-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I go to fitcamp classes (like a bootcamp) 3 times a week and will be starting some hot yoga .... so that will help with my program to lose 30 pounds by Christmas. I really need to tone up and this class will definitely help with that.

Shells
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM
So is this Saturday our first weigh in?? Will there be a new thread started for it?

AydaKenzington
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
How do I join? :exercise:

cher37
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
How do I join? :exercise:

You just did :)

So is this Saturday our first weigh in?? Will there be a new thread started for it?

This is it! Check in with your weekly results on Saturday & anytime else you need to!

cher37
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Cher!!!!!!! and everyone else!!!!!!! Long time no see! I've been back here on and off but I need to get serious about weight loss! I love the idea of 30 pounds by Christmas! Can I join? We weigh in tomorrow as the first weight? I hate seeing pics of me and I feel the same way Cher...who is that old fat woman? You know we will look younger when we lose weight ;) I hope I can still join :)

:welcome3:Leslie !!

... come on down & weigh in tomorrow!!!

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm afraid to weigh in this morning. It's been a rough week - first full week of school with students. Yikes! I haven't eaten anything really terrible - if I don't count the bar of dark chocolate - but I didn't get my water in, and I've been so dehydrated I felt it every day. Must figure out how to drink my water and teach school at the same time; it doesn't sound hard, but it was.

And I haven't eaten many veggies - mostly chicken, beef, ham, mayo, onions, some red peppers, asparagus once. I've been too tired to cook when I get home...absolutely worn out! So I'm not looking for a loss; I just hope I don't show a gain.

hairchick40v
09-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Ok well I guess I am the first to weigh in!! Yikes!!! 234.8!!! Beer is the devil!!! I love it, but I will try to refrain from drinking it for a while!!!! I need to strict up for a few!!!! Better luck to all of ya'll!!

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Much better than I feared. I'm down two pounds from last week. So this is the weight at which we're beginning...our weight today? I'm in at 217.

I'm really excited about our challenge...how many weeks is it until Christmas Day? Somebody, please do the math; I hate math :dizzy:

I feel really motivated about our challenge! YAY US!!!!

cher37
09-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Ok - just weighed myself, am at 221 (down 7 lbs from Friday) .... looks like a lifetime of eggs, bacon, m-i-m's, salads,chicken & lots of water for me if I want to lose this weight! ... it also feels like going to bed without snacking & waking up hungry ... hmmm - sounds like discipline? Yep. Gotta have it to stay in control :dizzy:

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow! Seven pounds is all kinds of amazing. Great! Keep up the good eating... :carrot:

cher37
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Much better than I feared. I'm down two pounds from last week. So this is the weight at which we're beginning...our weight today? I'm in at 217./QUOTE]

Great Job Sandy!! Keep it up & you'll reach your Christmas goal!!!

[QUOTE=sandyfanny;3466971]I'm really excited about our challenge...how many weeks is it until Christmas Day? Somebody, please do the math; I hate math :dizzy:

I feel really motivated about our challenge! YAY US!!!!

I calculated exactly 16 weeks till Friday Dec 24th - so if everyone lost a minimal 2 lbs/wk, that would equal 32 lbs down by Christmas! :tree:

Be encouragement chickies! This CAN be done!!:cheer2:

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 01:36 PM
When I meet our challenge, I'll weigh 187...way below 200! It sounds so good. I'll have all kinds of clothes to wear during the holidays. I have lots of pretty clothes to wear on the way down...and when I get there. I'm going to practice visualizing myself at 187. This is going to be GREAT WEEK, pretty ladies!

Shells
09-04-2010, 02:01 PM
197.6 ..... I started an fairly intense exercise program last week so my trade-off, I think, is a bit of water retention in the muscles that have been working.

Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work and lets encourage each other. 30 pounds by Christmas would be awesome ..... I am just imagining the beautiful clothes I can wear to the Christmas parties!!

hairchick40v
09-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Yay!!! Everyone is doin great!!! Cher37, WOW!!! 7 lbs in a week!! Thats amazing!!! I am jealous, but also motivated!!!

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Yes! We're going to be the prettiest, happiest ones!:hug:

AydaKenzington
09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
204 this morning. TOM :mad:

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
AK, you've been so successful with your weight loss! I'm impressed. What does TOM mean? And why the cranky face? I'd be really happy if I'd lost as much weight as you have...Congratulations! And welcome to our challenge! ;)

Shells
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
TOM = time of month

sandyfanny
09-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember what that means since I don't have Tom in my life anyway. I don't miss him! No wonder you had a cranky face, AK! :kickbutt:

AydaKenzington
09-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Sandy, thanks so much for your kind words! Your last comment made me smile - yes that is very much the reason for the cranky face! :D

ghost girl
09-05-2010, 03:42 AM
My weight is 281, I lost 3 pounds this week.
I don't remember gaining it this slow!

cher37
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Great job Ghost Girl!!

... Leslie, we've been watching Biggest Loser since season 2 - I was really motivated by it (when I used to exercise a lot), but now, unfortunately - it just leaves me discouraged (I don't think I'll ever see 13-20lb/wk weight loss), especially b/c this conversation eventually arises during the show:

my hubby comments: "if they can do it how come we can't"
I reply: "I could too, if I was on a fat ranch"
to his reply: "excuses, excuses"

(ok. enough of a snapshot into my exciting life! :dizzy:)

JerseyGyrl
09-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Great job [COLOR="DarkOrange"]
my hubby comments: "if they can do it how come we can't"
I reply: "I could too, if I was on a fat ranch"

Exactly Cher!
I've never cared for TBL because it isn't realistic. Average people don't exercise severely hours a day or have personal chef's.

cher37
09-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Exactly Cher!
I've never cared for TBL because it isn't realistic. Average people don't exercise severely hours a day or have personal chef's.

Before my hip injury, I used to...
exercise at the gym 4hrs/day (2hrs am + 2 hrs pm)
+ walked the dog 2hrs/day (45 min am + 30 min lunch + 45 min pm)
+ walked to & from work 15 mins x 2)
= 6.5 hrs/day every day x 5 days + Saturdays & Sundays

every day for 3 months & lost 38lbs

... my point being - it IS possible to work out a lot - unfortunately with the distractions of life & work, it becomes too much & that's why I said that I could do it if I lived on a fat ranch (where my only focus is exercise & lose weight)

Shells
09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I couldn't do it, not realistic for my life at all. I have had periods of time when exercise focused strongly but it came at a cost to other things, I could not continue to exercise even 2 - 3 hours a day and not be neglecting my family or work or .... but thats just me. Now I work 12 hour shifts, fit exercise in when I can, make an effort to get at least 1 hour 3X week in as well as some dog walking etc. but it has to fit my life or else I will not maintain it.

I have watched the biggest loser off and on if I happen to be home ...... but I applaud them for sticking with the program and for being willing to put themselves out there on international tv

cher37
09-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Yep, Shells, it was hard - that's why I'm so glad I happened upon Atkins and now exercise 1-2 hrs/day (dog walks + pilates)!

- Losing weight, whether with an extreme or moderate exercise routine, requires dedication and determination.

- So stay focused ladies & have a great week!! I'm looking forward to our next weigh-in on Saturday!!

sandyfanny
09-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Please let's not discuss TBL on our challenge thread. I don't watch it and don't want to read about it. I'm living in a real world challenge every day and could care less about temporary tv reality participants.

If TBL is an interest, please start a "TBL Fan Thread." :p

sandyfanny
09-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Ouch, ouch, oweeee! This thread is a little more specific than some; we are FOCUSED on supporting each other in our 30 Pounds by Christmas Challenge. I'd really like to keep the focus...I'm just sayin'...

Starting a "TBL Fan Thread" is a good idea; the show has millions of fans and regular viewers. Enjoy.

sandyfanny
09-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Ghost girl, I love your ticker...it's so cute! And it's counting you down. Three pounds is a really good loss. Keep up your witchy ways and you'll be down 30 pounds, no problem!

I lost two pounds this week and was glad to get it. Thanks, Cher, for the encouraging words. Enjoy your Labor Day and be safe.

LTs girl
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Hello all,
life is good, weight is bad. My hubby is home. Yay! and we found out he doesn't have to leave so soon. However, my weight has done nothing but go up. I will weigh in next Saturday with everyone. I was traveling and didn't have access to a scale. So next week it is.

I think we should start a new thread next Saturday. I agree with Sandyfanny that it should be a strictly weigh in thread.

LeslieLou- I would love to discuss Biggest loser any day of the week. We love that show.

ghost girl
09-06-2010, 02:51 AM
I had hoped for more than three pounds this week.
I am doing Atkins 100% and now I only weigh each Saturday, It was really getting me down watching the scale go up and down daily.

sandyfanny
09-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Ghost Girl, celebrate your loss and stay on plan...our bodies are complicated, and they just won't always do what we want them to! A three-pound loss is excellent. I'm a little jealous...just a little because I know how hard you worked for that loss. The weight will come off.

Lts Girl, traveling always seems to affect my loss; I showed a five-pound gain in one week on a weekend trip...but I lost it the next week (and then mysteriously regained part of it). I think we tend to drink less water; we're eating food that we don't know for sure what's in it; and we might miss our walks or the exercise in our daily routines. Celebrate your guy's being home with lots of indoor exercise and yummy Atkins' eating. Make that man a pot roast! :love:

sandyfanny
09-06-2010, 09:31 AM
My first Santa sighting...yesterday in the grocery store, a Paula Deen special holiday recipe magazine. My very next thought was: "The 30 Pound Challenge! OMG...it'll be here before we know it!"

If I were 5'10", a man, and had amazing metabolism, I'd live off of Paula Deen. Since I'm none of the above, I did NOT buy that pricey, FAT magazine.:mrsclaus:

cher37
09-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies :flow2:

Now's the time to drink our water, eat our protein, & lots of veggies!

Our weigh-in is in 5 days :D

Have a good one!!

/cheryl

p.s. We'll continue using this thread to record our weight losses & any struggles that we may have in reaching our 30lb weight loss goal.

hairchick40v
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Labor Day was not good to me :0( But today I shall prevail!!!! Back on track and eating Atkins induction ALL THE WAY!!! No cheats!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Sunnynurse
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Good morning. I just happened upon your thread and wondered if you allow late joiners? I fell off the Atkins wagon in the spring and have gained quite a bit. A 30 by Christmas challenge is just what I need to get back on track. I weighed in today at 223.

cher37
09-07-2010, 11:05 AM
:welcome2: Sunnynurse - many of us here are starting again!

Be strong everybody - Our weigh-in is in 4 days!!!!

Here's sending out some :dust: to Ghost girl, Hairchick, LTS girl, Sandyfanny, Shells, and Sunnynurse!!! (hopefully I got everyone)

sandyfanny
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Welcome Sunnynurse! I'm a second time around Atkins girl too...I know it works if I just work it!

Labor Day wasn't perfect, but not too bad. Back on track today. I enjoyed stocking my fridge at school today, and it was great to have cold water and a good lunch handy.

More signs of Santa yesterday...the Dollar Store has their decorations, Christmas wrap and all sorts of nonsense all over the place... :p

Cher, thanks for the encouraging words and that big sprinkle of :dust:

Sunnynurse
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Cher and Sandy. It's very tough to get back on track. But......I'm going to do it! Good luck to you guys.

sandyfanny
09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
It is tough to get back on plan, but I think it's tougher to carry an extra 8 ten-pound bags of taters. I have good days and not so good days and moments when I think it's too much to deal with, but I know that my health and my happiness are more important than sugar and flour.

We CAN DO IT!:broc:

ghost girl
09-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Welcome SunnyNurse and best of luck.

cher37
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Well ladies - it's 'hump day' today & I don't know about you, but I am dog-tired and I need an extra shot of energy and motivation to get through today! (maybe another :coffee: will do???)

...3 more days til weigh-in!

Shells
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
It is hard to get motivated. I have a bootcamp class today that I need to push myself to go to. I wear shorts to it and have gotten it into my head that I look ridiculous ...... and I have to keep brushing that negative thought away and just remember what I am doing this for.

cher37
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Good for you Shells! Bootcamp :drill:!!!

You go girl!! ::cheer2:

sandyfanny
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Bootcamp is such a great thing to do...you get lots of gold stars for actually going! I wish I had time to do something like that; the most I can do is walk my dog. I leave home before 7 and never get home before 5, which includes an hour and half commute to school. EXHAUSTING!

I'm with you, Cher. It's only Wednesday, and I'm wiped out. High school kids and all the hoo-ha that surrounds teaching just sucks the life right out of me. I'm walking Puddin' around 7; I have to rest up! :p

AydaKenzington
09-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I realized today that when I lose the 30 lbs from this challenge (when we all lose these 30 pounds!!) I will have lost 102 total and be just 20 from my ultimate goal. That got me really excited! Thanks Cher for starting this challenge and best of luck to everyone participating! We got this :D

cher37
09-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Ayda-K...I'm sorry, I missed you :hug: You'll be well on your way to meeting your goal for sure!!!!

.... on a side note .... I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!! :woohoo:

I quote: "Regarding the exam, it was a very well thought out analysis of the transcript. You hit everything that I thought about it myself. I simply cannot add anything extra to it."

so I guess I can say goodbye to emotional eating :o

LTs girl
09-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Congratulations on passing your exam Cher!!

I know I haven't posted much lately. Still around, just enjoying time with my hubby.

Chat with you all later.

cher37
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Enough with yesterdays emotional eating, I'm getting back on track - drinking my water & eating my eggs!

With 2 days to go til weigh-in, I've gotta mind my p's & q's :)

Have a great day chickies!

/cher

pssst... I'm thankful for this challenge - after yesterdays little splurge, I would've thrown in the towel, and continued eating off plan - but because we have a weigh-in, last night before bed, I 'pulled up my socks', said to myself, "self - this is only a blip. you can turn around from this & chose to start eating properly again to lose weight for Saturday" .... (just thought I'd share)

BellaLucia
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
May I join? I'm doing Atkins-SBD now. I'd love to lose 30 by Xmas!

calluna
09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd like to jump in also...I was 184.6 last Saturday, 4th September. I'm not sure if I can manage 30 lbs by Christmas, but if I don't it won't be for lack of trying. :)

I've been using Atkins for about 6 weeks now, as a change from my first 7 1/2 months of calorie counting this year; I think my metabolism got too used to what I was doing and I got pretty badly stalled. So, I decided to shift a bit and take a different approach to eating, and of course continue my exercise regimen. If I don't exercise my weight number just sits there, I'm afraid. The scale is moving again... I think I will manage 2 lbs this week.

AydaKenzington
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Welcome Calluna! Congrats on your progress!! Remarkable!!

Shells
09-10-2010, 12:05 AM
ARGH .... totally blew today, first time in a very very long time. Entertained family and hadn't really planned for the events of the day .... ah well, tomorrow is a new day and it starts with bootcamp at 930 am

cher37
09-10-2010, 10:54 AM
1 more day til weigh-in :goodscale

... be strong ladies & have a great day :)

/cher

nona337am
09-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Ladies!

I want to join you all in this Christmas challenge. I am optimistic in trying to achieve the goal of losing 30 pounds by Christmas!

So today I have officially started the Induction phase. If you have any recipes for breakfast/lunch/dinner/SNACKS that you really like please share it with me! I'd really like to know what you women are eating during the day on Phase 1. I don't want to get stuck eating the same things over and over again.

Thanks for letting me share this journey with you xoxo

sandyfanny
09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Nona, welcome! Glad you've joined us...check the "What's for Dinner - A Place to Post" thread for menu ideas; there are lots of recipes embedded in our posts. There's also a recipes' thread for low carb on the main forum page. Again, all of them aren't for induction, but it's very helpful.

Also, I love Linda's Low Carb site; be sure to check out her recipes and menus. Not all are suitable for induction, but many are or can be adapted. Here's the link:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Shells, you've come a long way with your weight loss, and you're handling your little oopsie really well. No worries.

Weigh in tomorrow, buddies. Here's a big sprinkle of:dust: for all of us! Can't wait to see how we've done.

readyfreddy
09-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi - can I join? I'd like to lose 30 by new years!

AydaKenzington
09-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Am I the first to weigh in this morning? I am excited to say I am at 199.2!!! It has been 4 years since a ONE has started my weight. Hope you all did well this week. Can't wait to hear everyone's results!!

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I ran over to my doctor's office this morning and weighed in...down one pound. Not so much, but at least I'm showing a loss. I'm disappointed a little; I was hoping for TWO pounds.

If I'm really honest with myself, I have to admit I didn't walk myself or the dog three days this week, didn't drink enough water or eat all my veggies, and got into the Peter Pan by the spoonful. And I had ricotta cheese three or four times.

I also realize I've eaten beef all week. My cook once, eat four times was beef - a roast and big meatloaf. I only ate chicken once. Fish, not at all. I'm switching to chicken, eggs and fish this week; I'll have to cook more, but I think I'll lose more. And I'm temporarily tired of beef.

I really have to do the 1972 Induction if I want to lose 30 pounds by Christmas! It's grocery store day, so I'm only buying induction '72 foods, except for asparagus and cauliflower - just can't live without 'em.

That's it, challenge buddies, for last week. It's a new day every day. Can't wait to hear from everyone. You inspire me! :chicken:

:mrsclaus:

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Good for you, Ayda! That's a terrific way to start your challenge...and breaking through to Onederland is awesome. Have a great week!

Shells
09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I am very pleasantly surprised at my loss this week. I am 195 (I weighed twice because I didn't believe it!!) So that is a 2.4 pound loss.

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Way to go, Shells! That's an excellent loss. Keep working that boot camp...I think it's awesome that you do that.

Shells
09-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I meant to say that you are doing great sandyfanny. How is it going with your work day?? I have to get back into taking my lunch from home. I can usually get something Atkins friendly at work but would rather take my own. My work day starts at 7 am and my first break may be anywhere from 8:15 am or as late as 10:30 am, so I have to have snacks with me and I make sure i have a great breakfast.

readyfreddy
09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Ayda - Congrats on one-derland!

Sandy - hang in there!

I lost 2 lbs since yesterday! I know initial loss is fast (water?) and then it stalls out but it is really encouraging.

I already lost 12 of the 30 I'd gained, but then I gained 5 of that back, so I am still losing regained weight which isn't fun but oh well!

Today my plan is:

bfast- black coffee, 2 eggs (2)

lunch - sushi (I eat the fish off the top), soy (1), and half an avo sliced (I think this is one net carb but I always count it as 3)

snack - 1/4 cup peanuts (emergency snack because I will be out shopping, I do normally limit nuts) (3 net)

dinner - steamed veggies or salad (10 I am counting high because I will have a large serving!) and LOBSTER (1) with BUTTER. We are going to Mortons steak house but I already had filet mignon this week (thank you trader joes and their $13 for two filets! I made it with truffle salt, sooooo good).

Total - 20

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 01:19 PM
My work day is a nightmare...I get up at 5:30, leave for work about 6:45, sign in about 7:40, and have my first class at 8:00. I teach two 90 minute classes, start a third class, break for lunch at 11:45 - 12:15 (every other week I have lunch duty, so it's not much of a break), and teach again until 1:30. My school day officially ends at 3:20 if all goes well and there aren't any meetings. It's a 45 minute commute home.

By the time I get home, I'm exhausted, dehydrated and hungry. Having the fridge in my classroom helps...I've been eating two cheese sticks about 9:30 - between the morning classes. (I have a couple of cups of coffee with heavy cream before I leave for school) I've been taking my lunch to school...this week lunch has been protein and fat and not much else.

Sometimes I snack on protein/fat when I get home and drink some WATER! I eat dinner pretty early, walk Puddin' when I have it together, but then I have problems with night eating...around 9 or 10 I want to eat...usually something sweet...using artificial sweetner or I get into the Peter Pan with a spoon. Not such a good idea!

I know this is more than anyone wants to know, but I welcome suggestions, ideas, feedback...whatevery comes to mind. I'm going to have a better week this week! :dizzy:

readyfreddy
09-11-2010, 01:29 PM
If you want to try this feel free - if not, ignore!

Can you cut it down to 1 cup of coffee? Some say it messes with your blood sugar.

Heres the schedule I would TRY to have

6:30 - big breakfast (ie 2-3 eggs and sausage etc).

9:30 - snack (ie cheese stick)

12 - lunch with veggies! or if on lunch duty another snack, cheese stick

3:45 - snack (veggies! avo, cucs, mushrooms etc with ranch dipping)

6:30 - dinner

9 - preplanned snack - ie a sf jello cup.

I would definitely add veggies if you are not eating them. And, I know some teachers hate this because you can't leave the classroom, but have a huge thing of water on your desk and drink it throughout the day.

Good luck!

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I appreciate your taking time to think this out for me. Your plan's a good one. I'm going to try it; I haven't been eating enough during the day and eating at night instead. I can work in some sort of veggie snack between 3 and 4...or I may try a low-carb protein shake if I don't have veggies available.

I like your idea of a pre-planned sf jello snack at night. The good news is I'm completely out of peanut butter; the bad news is I've eaten a 16 oz. jar in two or three weeks, with a spoon. And I won't be buying any more for a long time.

The big breakfast is the most difficult for me. Until school started, I got up around 8:30 or 9:00 and ate a nice big brunch around 11. I can't face cooking or eating so early. BLEH! I'll try the egg cups with bacon and sausage you bake ahead and re-heat. Cooking up all that first thing in the morning is probably not going to happen except on weekends and holidays.

I don't think I can make on one cup of coffee; I'm not even going there right now.

But I know you're absolutely right. So thanks again. :rollpin:

hairchick40v
09-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Ok... So I weighed in this morning, but we have company so I forgot to do it til after I had my coffee and Breakfast.. So... 235 for me... I am a little dissapointed, but, knowing that I had eaten softens the blow... Better luck to everyone else... By next Sat... I will have lost some weight!!!!

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh, Hairchick, I know how you feel. I really wanted to lose more than a pound this week. You made me feel better, though; I weighed after two cups of coffee. Maybe they weighed three or four pounds! LOL

cher37
09-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Great jobs ladies !!!!

... just checking in on my lunch hour (ending in 5 mins)...

I'm @ 220 lbs = 1 lb down from last week, hopefully next week will be more :^:

Sandyfanny - have you thought of omitting cheese for one week & pack bottles of water? (not environmentally friendly, I know, but easy to access if on your desk & replaced throughout the day)

Hairchick - have hope, you'll see a loss soon :)

sandyfanny
09-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Thank you for the suggestions...Oh, I hate to think about doing without cheese even for a week. When I'm not on Atkins, I eat more cheese than I do now...but maybe that's part of how I gained 80 pounds. Okay, I'll try no cheese for a week starting today. I can pack deviled eggs instead and have those for my snack or for breakfast at school.

I have plenty of water in my little fridge; I just forget to drink it. I'm rodeoing 25-30 16 and 17 year-olds for 5 1/2 hours straight every day Mon. - Fri. It's hard to remember to drink when I'm keeping track of what they're doing (or not doing) and teach at the same time. I haven't hit my school groove yet. "Please hit the groove!"

I do allow my students to have water with them in class, so there's no reason I can't drink it. (The ladies' room is only two doors away). I just stay so preoccupied with what I'm doing, I forget.

I appreciate the encouraging words. Let's all have a better week this week!:hug:

Avezy44
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm in! I weigh in every Monday :)

Clanori
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm in if its not to late.Just starting my second week of induction.Starting weight was 197.5.Today's weight is 194.5

Shells
09-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Sandyfanny .... the biggest change I had in my life when I started Atkins was having a high protein breakfast EVERY morning. On days I work I get up at 5:15 and I started that specifically to get my breakfast in and not be rushed. I DO NOT have the sugar lows I used to have if my breaks were later or it got so busy that going for a break was not going to happen. I usually have eggs, but sometimes have yogurt and berries or a slice of ham rolled around some cheese .... anything that gives me the fat and protein to satisfy in the long run. Its worth getting into that habit.

ghost girl
09-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Not doing very good this week stayed the same 281. No loss no gain!

sandyfanny
09-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Lori, welcome! It's not too late to join our challenge...post often and happy eating.

Ghost girl, you lost six pounds very quickly; I'm sure you'll have a better week this week. I only lost a pound.

Shells, thank you. I'm sure you're right. I haven't been eating enough protein early in my day. The last time I got up at 5:15 every morning I was fostering two precious little German Shepherd puppies. It took me extra time to rodeo two puppies! It's worth getting up 15 minutes early if it means I can start my day with fat-burning, appetite-controlling protein - I'm going to have to tell myself that over and over to make it happen. And if I cook it, I can make myself eat.

I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. So, Cher, I'm off cheese for the week and I'm eating a big breakfast.

AydaKenzington
09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey Sandy, you might also want to try putting an Atkins friendly snack in your fridge at work that you can eat in the car on your commute home. That might keep you satisfied so you can push your dinner back a bit and maybe stave off the late evening cravings? Just a thought ;)

Cher, I like your new pic. Very pretty!

luckie13luv
09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm in!!!

I'm only on day 3 so I'll post my original weight.

Gah! That is SO not the number I want to be!! Hopefully I'll have a lower number to post next week!

Good luck to all the ladies! Let's be big losers this week! :)

readyfreddy
09-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Go luckie!

So I told you guys that I ate a lot last night for dinner and man did I. I had a 3.5 lb lobster!!! (I ate about half), and then my fair share of an appetizer platter (a few oysters, prawn, and a scallop wrapped in bacon). MMMM. I managed to completely avoid the bread, dessert and dipping sauces so it wasn't completely off plan but it was just a TON of food. I also (sigh) had 3 glasses of champagne.

So this morning I felt better than I'd felt the past few days and was CONVINCED that I'd knocked myself out of ketosis. Well I just tested and its darker than it was before!! I was in small and and now I'm in medium! I don't think I am dehydrated either because I literally drank 2 large pelligrinos this am and have been drinking water all day.

So I am wondering if I feel better because this is day 3-4 and I am over the "flu" or if it is because I feel better being in more ketosis? Or just coincidence. Any thoughts?

Also - what is your alls take on the drinking while on induction. I know it is a no no.... so I try to just have one glass of wine/champ (at 3 carbs a piece) but occasionally, like last night, I have more. From when I did this before I know that booze doesn't seem to affect my ketosis (so long as it is low carb - ie dry wine or vodka with soda water etc.

Again, I maybe drink 1 time per week but I'm just not sure I want to give it up.... but maybe if you said it was bad enough??

:)

Thanks for listening to my ramble.

sandyfanny
09-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi everybody and good morning,

Uggghhhh...Monday morning. Didn't want to get up; I never sleep well on Sunday night. But I'm cooking breakfast: 2 sausage patties and a boiled egg. At least not eating at night does make me feel hungry in the a.m.

I don't want to eat, but my tummy does. So, I'm doing the breakfast thing. This is as big a breakfast as I can face. So, let's have a 100% day and a great week! :dust:

Shells
09-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Way to go Sandyfanny .... its not about the size of the breakfast, its about the content and that looks like a breakfast that will last you well into the morning/afternoon

sandyfanny
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
This is the first time I've seen my doctor since March. He was really pleased at my weight loss, my walking, and my blood pressure! Yay!

Shells, thanks for the encouraging words re: breakfast. I did better this morning and didn't need a snack before lunch, which is good because I'm also taking Cher's advice and omitting cheese just this week to see if it helps me lose a bit more. (I'm a cheese FREAK and always have been.) I took the cream Havarti with herbs to my daughter as part of her "moving in" present. She loves it as much as I do, but she's a forever size ZERO.

My best news: When I weighed Saturday morning after 2 cups of coffee, I had lost a pound; when the nurse weighed me this afternoon (after lunch, a big bottle of water) about 3 p.m., the pound is still GONE. I was afraid it was just a little scale fluctuation, but apparently that pound is GONE.

Let's have a 100% week, one day at a time. :carrot:

sandyfanny
09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm making this tonight to eat for breakfast for the next couple of mornings. All I have to do in the morning is cut myself a nice, big slice and pop it in the microwave. :p

Not a new recipe, but adapted for Atkins Induction...and it's delicious.

3 large eggs
1 pound mild sausage
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/3 c. heavy cream diluted with 1/3 water
Salt, freshly- ground pepper, red pepper flakes to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if using glass pan)
Crumble the sausage into a frying pan on medium. Cook and drain the sausage. Whisk eggs with cream and seasonings. Spray a baking dish or pie pan (I like a pretty ceramic quiche pan) with Pam. Lay sausage in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle the cheese on top of it evenly. Then pour the egg-cream mixture over it evenly. Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 minutes in glass or ceramic dish. If you're using metal, 375 degrees.

Let it cool a few minutes before you slice into servings. Makes 4 - 6 servings.

Everybody loves this as a breakfast / brunch dish. If it's brunch, serve with a green salad, grilled or steamed asparagus, a thick slice of fresh tomato.

sandyfanny
09-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Hey Cher, you might notice that my elimination of cheese lasted two days - Saturday and Sunday. I know I'll have a piece of my breakfast quiche - probably for dinner with some French Onion Soup I've made. My dinner has evolved along with my afternoon.

However, my cheese consumption will be waaaay down to 1/2 c. shredded in a week instead of at least 1 1/2 POUNDS a week! That sounds crazy when I add it up at approximately 4 oz. a day...and I was eating more than 4 oz. most days. YIKES! :ink:

DandyDiva
09-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I just started today and would love to join this group. I dont care if i dont have as much time before christmas. I just want to set a goal, that seems close and reachable. My previous goal was dont gain any more weight and that dident work out. :?:

luckie13luv
09-13-2010, 10:58 PM
DandyDiva!

Of course you can join! I just did a few days ago! Good luck!

DandyDiva
09-13-2010, 11:08 PM
:carrot: Its my first day of induction I remeber this tired feeling cant wait till this week is over the energy drain usually subsides by the second week. :shrug: I hope...

cher37
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Wow!!! Lots of activity here in the last couple of days!!! :welcome2: and "Hello" to all the new ladies!!!

Well, kind-of indulged this weekend ... date night with hubby Friday night - tried out a new-to-us restaurant that had w-a-y too big portions, said 'no' to the potatoes, but 'yes please!' to the homemade dinner rolls (oops!), and the carrot soup shooter, and banana mocha roll - the salad, lamb (melted in your mouth) & brocolli were yummy too!! ... lesson learned... don't skip lunch before going out for supper :hungry:

Hey Cher, you might notice that my elimination of cheese lasted two days - Saturday and Sunday. I know I'll have a piece of my breakfast quiche - probably for dinner with some French Onion Soup I've made. My dinner has evolved along with my afternoon.

However, my cheese consumption will be waaaay down to 1/2 c. shredded in a week instead of at least 1 1/2 POUNDS a week! That sounds crazy when I add it up at approximately 4 oz. a day...and I was eating more than 4 oz. most days. YIKES! :ink:

I also noticed that you had a GREAT doctor visit!!!! :woohoo:
Betchya feel wonderful eh!!!

ghost girl
09-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Sandy congrats on a great Doctor visit.
And Welcome Dandy!

Kyrren
09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Not read the entire thread yet, but I want to join!! My 40th! birthday is Dec 2 and I'd like to be down 30 lbs by then. Starting weight was 208 several weeks ago, lost some gaind some and counting my official start weight as 204. Hope you guys don't mind if I join!

readyfreddy
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Sandy - Congrats on a great doctors visit! Hi to dandy and kyrren - I'm new too!

I lost another lb today! yay!

I am a little apprehensive about this weekend. We are going to see a football game and I know there will be a lot of drinking/food. We are going to do a bbq so my plan is to eat just the hot dog or hamburger pattis, no buns, and maybe put some nuts in my bag in case I need a snack.

Im also going to bring wine since I Know there will just be beer otherwise.

I didnt really get an answer to my qu before - does anyone else drink on induction? Am I sabotaging myself? I do count it in my carbs and it doesnt seem to slow weightloss but ?? help!!

luckie13luv
09-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Ready- I haven't drank on the diet, so I wouldn't know. Sorry! I would think it would be slowing you down, but if you're still losing THAT'S GREAT! Just maybe you'd lose a little more if you weren't drinking. Not sure!! I believe that you should set yourself up to win. So if you need a little wine to avoid drinking too many beers, I think you're doing good. Its better than not, and over doing it on the beer.

Have fun at the game!!

Shells
09-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I did not drink on induction and am still really careful with it. Does it slow my weightloss .... possibly, I did induction in January and posted great losses but have moved up the ladder and while I still lose it is definitely slower. I try to eat close to induction most days but with the knowledge that if I climb the ladder one day because I want 1/4 cup berries on my yogurt then I am still doing Atkins. I have drank since .... but its not my first choice of where to get my carbs from.

In induction I drank soda water with a slice of lime at events involving alcohol ... no one had to know I was not drinking alcohol and I stayed on plan.

sandyfanny
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Readyfreddy, I don't drink much on Induction...I'm on it 80 pounds worth, so this isn't a two-week deal for me. If I drink, I drink one beer or one club soda, vodka and lime or a glass of wine. The weeks I've had alcohol haven't been good weeks for me.

Remember, alcohol lowers your inhibitions and may allow you to eat more than you normally would or eat off plan. It's the "just this once" mentality.

When I'm with friends who are drinking, I typically drink diet ginger ale with lots of lime and ice or club soda and lime.

Regardless of whether you're drinking wine, beer, or vodka...it eventually metabolizes and your body reads it as SUGAR.

Here's a tip, though: If you're determined to drink wine, buy inexpensive wine and dilute it by 1/2 with sparkling water or club soda. You'll feel as if you've had a couple of glasses, but you've only had one. (Red wine dilutes better than white I think) Or try 1/2 diet coke, 1/2 red wine and a slice of lime.

I know you'll make wise decisions that are best for you. Also, keep in mind: nobody else really cares what you drink, so make it work for you.:hat: (That's club soda in the glass LOL)

readyfreddy
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Hehe thanks for the input!! I know you are all right. It's better when I don't. I'm going to try to stick to soda water but bring the wine jic and only have 2 glass max!! Thanks!!

sandyfanny
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Welcome, Dandy and Kyrren!

Please post with us often and keep us company on our journeys. You'll find this is a supportive, all -about -success group. So I'm sending everyone a big old sprinkling of :dust:

Four more days until we weigh in. I'm having a great week so far. Today was very stressful - a couple of very cranky kids and a nutso mom, but all is well. I didn't eat my feelings; I repeated my mantra: "These people are all temporary in my life."

DandyDiva
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
"does anyone else drink on induction? Am I sabotaging myself? I do count it in my carbs and it doesnt seem to slow weightloss but ?? help!!"
In my experience hard liquor has always been better than wine. A shot of tequila or a dirty martini extra dry basically just vodka and olive juice, have been perfect. I rely heavily on my keto strips and those two have never led me out of ketosis. Just be careful not having carbs in your diet makes it harder for the liquor to absorb so a little goes a long way.:D
Hope that helps.
Today im so tired, I left my lunch but went home for it. Did not want the temptation of being hungry and trying to find something low carb to eat quickly. Am i the only one who notices the lack of protein out there?:(

hairchick40v
09-15-2010, 10:07 AM
I have found that I cannot drink on induction... I cannot drink martini's or anything remotely like them... I am more of a beer(budlight) or bloody mary girl... The beer is a huge no, no... The bloody marys although lower in carbs, are so high in sodium that I blow up like a puffer fish... I had 4 this weekend and I am still bloated, even after 3 days of water pills... I am hoping for some movement on the scale this sat... But Idk... Good luck to all!!!!

sandyfanny
09-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Good morning, Challenge Buddies!

Today is Thursday...only one more day til we weigh in! So have a great 100% day. I want to see better results this week...I've tried really hard and walked EVERY day. ;)

Kyrren
09-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Tried twice now to write a note on my son's new netbook and wiped it out. so will try to post later when I can get to my computer!

Kyrren
09-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Ok, on those little netbook laptops, everything is super small and I kept hitting some button that would toss me out of this forum. So frustrating!

Ok, I started induction sometime in the middle of August and did really well for 2 weeks. Then had a night/weekend of going out off and on with hubby ( he had been out of town for work for about 6 weeks, off and on!) and blew it.

So, Monday restarted induction and am sticking to it this time. I have added some form of exercise each day. Today is the first day I didn't get up before the children and do it, so I am going to have to work it in sometime during the day. But my mom is going to be here and she should be able to preoccupy the kids for about 1/2 an hour.

I do have to adjust my carbs/calories whenever necessary for breastfeeding, because I am 5 months postpartum, but things seem to be going well and he is eating like a champ!

Looking forward to the challenge!

readyfreddy
09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I lost another lb! Yay! Thats 4 lbs my first week of my (modified) induction!

Thanks Dandy and all the others for response to my booze question! :)

sandyfanny
09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Good job, Readyfreddy! We chose Saturdays as our weigh-in day. Weigh in with us again on Saturday if you'd like. Keep up the good work...:carrot:

DandyDiva
09-16-2010, 10:30 PM
:?: Do you all think I should weigh my self as much as I would like to? Every day or more? Do you think weekly is better? What do you do? Just wondering?

AydaKenzington
09-16-2010, 11:03 PM
:?: Do you all think I should weigh my self as much as I would like to? Every day or more? Do you think weekly is better? What do you do? Just wondering?

In my experience weekly is best. Every once in a while I'll get in the trap of weighing every day and and I seem to become obsessed with it. It's really unhealthy for me because I'll let the slightest fluctuation dictate my whole day. I've had to start keeping my scale in the trunk of my car just to avoid the temptation! Plus I feel like I've accomplished much more if I see 2 lbs lost at the end of a week as opposed to .2 here or .5 here each day over several days. But this is all just my opinion of course. Best of luck to you! :D

sandyfanny
09-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Try once a week if you're constantly on the scales. It's more fun for me to have a little mystery every week until Saturday.

sandyfanny
09-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm very curious to see what I weigh tomorrow morning. I'm hoping I'll lose maybe three pounds. I've been careful this week to cut my cheese down to 1/2 c. shredded in a recipe; I've walked EVERY day; I've stayed out of the Atkins dessert recipes; I've had eggs and sausage quiche for breakfast four days this week and ate breakfast the other two.

I'm trying hard; I hope it's paid off. I've been HUNGRY this week. I know I've eaten less, no beef, pork three times, chicken and eggs for the remaining meals. I'm hoping the hungry (I think it's both physical and mental) is temporary. I haven't been able to get in all the water I'd like. Teaching school is incompatible with drinking lots of water during the day, but I've made sure to have a couple or three big glasses at night. We'll see.

Good luck to all of us! :lucky:

AydaKenzington
09-18-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm hoping for 3 pounds tomorrow too Sandy. I really hope we make it! Congrats on walking every day...that's awesome! Good luck to everyone in the morning!!!

fatmac
09-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Okay, so I wasn't even going to ask to join this challenge because I'm so late. But then I just read through all 9 pages and I can't keep myself away from this one! So, may I join?

30 pounds by Christmas. Yes. YES.

(SW) Sept 4: 181
Sept 11: 176.4

GW: 151 - WHOA I just realized that's my lowest adult weight!

Good luck with the scales!

sandyfanny
09-18-2010, 08:42 AM
No worries...you're on your way! We've officially been on the challenge for two weigh-in Saturdays. This week was our third week of the challenge; today is weight-in number three.

I hope you'll post often; you'll find lots of support and good ideas with us "Santa Babies"!

I'm up early and literally just waiting to go weigh at my doctor's office! Open those doors! I'm getting dressed right now!

(It's so much more fun in a challenge; it's made a real difference in my motivation and my choices.):mrsclaus:

hairchick40v
09-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Woo woot!!! 231.2 yay!!!! I was 235 last sat.. So almost 4 lbs forms this week!! Hallelujah, I have been on a plateau, I still am only a lb down from the 232, I had reach before my beer binge.. No more beer til I am 145!!

fatmac
09-18-2010, 08:59 AM
173.0! :carrot:

Down 3.4 from last week, and down 8 overall!

sandyfanny
09-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Down to 212 this morning! I'm so excited...the strict week paid off in a big way. Four pounds! Yes!

HELP Question: How do I change my separate weight- tracker for the 30 pound challenge...it didn't change when my main weight-tracker did. And I really want it to show 219 as the starting weight; 212 as the current weight; 189 as the goal weight, so it'll be separate from the main tracker. Help, please!

Weigh in, Santa Babies...I want to know how your week went! Good Luck!:cheer2:

sandyfanny
09-18-2010, 11:16 AM
WAY TO GO, Hairchick and Fatmac! We are so AWESOMELY ATKINS!

AydaKenzington
09-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Great job everyone!! I weighed in at 198.4. I've been trying to talk myself out of being upset about it all morning. .8?? I know it's a loss and that's better than gaining or staying the same but I just feel like I worked so hard. I think I'm going to try a 'strict week' this week and see if that won't help. I am very inspired by everyone's success this week. Keep it up lovelies! :D

Sandy, the second ticker won't automatically change when you change the first one. You will have to change it manually as well. You can change your sw to what you started the day you accepted the challenge, cw to what you are now and gw to what you will be in 30 lbs from the sw. Hope this helps??

sandyfanny
09-18-2010, 11:39 AM
It's hard not to be discouraged...count it as a pound, and keep rollin', Ayda! You've done a fabulous job with your weight loss, and a pound is one less you're totin' around.

A strict week last week moved me off the one or two pound loss...Let's have a super 100% week! :hug:

cher37
09-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Great job ladies !!!!!

TOM is paying me a visit this week = + 3 lbs this week, so ... here's my stats:

last week @ 220lbs
CW: 223lbs

sandyfanny
09-18-2010, 03:21 PM
TOM is so inconvenient! He's always messing up our plans...Not to worry...you know it's the dreaded TOM BLOAT. Eat lots of cucumbers...the long, sweet English ones - excellent for getting rid of water. :cool: (Cool as a Cucumber? LOL)

Have a great 100% week!

Shells
09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Only down 1 pound this week. It is the TOM here too and I worked night shift last night so its like weighing in the middle of the day. However, it is a pound and I know next week will be reflect better.

sandyfanny
09-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Good for you, Shells, down a pound in spite of TOM! Have a great week! :grouphug:

ghost girl
09-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Yay and congrats ladies!
I am not doing so well , 280 thanks to TOM....
Hopefully next week will be a good one.

sandyfanny
09-19-2010, 09:04 AM
TOM is awful; it's been all up on our thread this week! Boo...Hiss...Boo on TOM! :p

This week will be much better, Ghost Girl, and reflect what's really going on. Have a great 100% week!

sandyfanny
09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Who's in? I have the following ladies: Cher, Fatmac, Ayda, Hairchick, Shells, Ghost Girl, Readyfreddy, Lts Girl, DandyDiva, Kyrren, Luckie13 as active on the thread.

Sunnynurse, Calluna, Clanori, Avezy, FoodObsessed, Nona, and DebinCA may be in, but we haven't heard from you.

If I've left someone out or made other errors, I apologize. Please correct me.

It would be fun to tally our loss as a group, so if you're in, please weigh in and post.

Good Luck! :dance:

hairchick40v
09-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Sandy that would be awesome to total the loss as a group!! Good job ya'll!!!! Here's to more weight every week!!!!

sandyfanny
09-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Have you guys noticed how many "views" we've picked up in just a few weeks? I hope they're cheering for us!

DandyDiva
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Sorry a mary kay party kept me from weighing in yesterday but i'm down 6 pounds to 267. I'm so juced. but is it just water loss? should i not het too excited like my friends keep telling me? :?: I'm glad for everyone who stuck to there program this week, wether you loss a lot or a few ounces, or tom is messing up your weigh in. Sticking to your plan is still really good and shows alot of will power on our parts.:hug: Have a great sunday...

luckie13luv
09-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Well, I cheated yesterday, and today. :( But.....

Yesterday I was 283. That's still 12lbs from last week.

Starting: 295
Current: 283
Goal: MUCH lower. haha.

I'm sure its a lot of water weight because I was sick for part of it, and didn't eat too much. So this week won't be as big of a loss. Especially after my weekend cheat. I feel real guilty about it, but I didn't have any good food left, and my willpower was broken. Now I know I've got to keep good, YUMMY snacks and foods in STOCK at my home, or I'll go get something that is not on Atkins.

Oh well. I'll be full force again Monday.

Have a GREAT week ladies! Real proud of us!

sandyfanny
09-19-2010, 03:40 PM
DandyDiva and Luckie13...Way to Lose! You guys had such a great week! :dance:

The best way for me not to cheat is not to buy it. We make those good decisions at the market, and we're not faced with the "Will I? Won't I?" decisions. Consider emptying your home of foods that aren't good for you. If you have other family members to consider, try keeping their foods in separate sections of the fridge, separate cabinets if it bothers you to have them in the house. (Atkins suggestion)

Pay no attention to the nay-sayers. Weight is weight; remember we empty our fat cells through ketones excreted through urine and our breath. Water weight is part water/part fat...that's what I think! Read your Dr. Atkins book for an explanation of "water weight."

Make your week count, everyone!

luckie13luv
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
The cheating was a result of going out and getting the bad foods. I have purged the house of all bad stuff. Just had a really weak day, so the husband and I went out knowing we were going to cheat.

I'm still serious about losing the weight, so I'm trying to not beat myself up over it.

sandyfanny
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Luckie13, we're in a relatively short challenge, but I'm on Atkins another 77 pounds. We're in for the long haul, and we're going to have some detours...Absolutely no beating up on self allowed.

You had a great week last week, and you're going to have another one this week. No worries. :hug:

sandyfanny
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I felt like having something junky tonight, and I'm tired...so dinner is a couple of Hebrew National (kosher) franks split and browned dipped in a ranch dressing/grainy mustard mixture. A lot like a couple of hot dogs...

If I'm hungry later, it's a salad. I should get some veggies in today. I haven't felt like eating much of anything. :carrot:

readyfreddy
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi ladies - I was gone all weekend. Congrats to those of you that lost for weigh in!

I left for my vacay at 144. Yesterday I weighed midday at 143...BUT went over to a friends house for dinner and all they served was thai food. I chose a meat and veggie dish but I know the sauce will have a lot of carbs and i had about a half cup rice. Calorie wise it was ok but of course it was not okay for Atkins.

I am back on plan today and I will weigh tomorrow. I'm hoping whatever the gain is from the carbs will be gone then.

All weekend I was SOOOOOO good so I am bummed I messed it up but it would have been socially awkward to refuse the food. :(

fatmac
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
So, I've been on Induction since Sept 5, but I'm going to have to go off plan tomorrow. I don't feel comfortable with this at all.

I have an all day conference for work to attend, that will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I will eat my own breakfast at home, so I'm really just concerned about lunch and dinner. I am gluten intolerant, and have requested gluten-free meals, but last year they were filled with potatoes and sugar.

Sigh. I guess I'm not really asking for advice, but more complaining, as I did NOT intend to go off plan this early. Oh, and there's free wine. I can't pass up free wine.

readyfreddy
09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Fatmac - make the best choices possible - dont binge just because you are "offplan"! (my vice) Good luck!

ghost girl
09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Fatmac I agree with Readyfreddy just make the best possible choice and let it go.
I have Celiacs disease ( i cannot have any gluten products) and will often pack a lunch or snacks to have handy, just incase. I can so relate if you order a gluten free meal they tend to overload with rice or potatoes.

sandyfanny
09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
I posted this on the "What's for Dinner" thread, but I'd like to hear from the challenge ladies on what's going on with me.

I don't have much appetite at night. Maybe I'm too tired to be hungry, or maybe the Atkins magic has kicked in:

I'm having a small scoop of ham salad: deli baked ham chopped very fine in the food processor, mayonnaise, a little grainy mustard. I used pork rinds to scoop the ham salad.

When I got home from school, I iced the last cup of coffee from this morning, added a packet of Splenda and some heavy cream for a delicious, refreshing treat. Maybe it cut my appetite? :dizzy:

So why aren't I hungry? Did I do enough serious Induction last week to banish the big appetite? Or am I just tired of what there is to eat, so I'm not bothering...I feel sort of hungry, but there's really nothing I want.

I had a square of the sausage and egg breakfast dish this morning with coffee and heavy cream; I had about a cup of raw spinach, 4-6 oz. of chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken, a couple of tablespoons of ranch dressing and a handful of pork rinds, water to drink. About 2:30 I had a handful of pork rinds and water. After school, the iced coffee and around 6:30 ham salad and a few pork rinds. More water.

I don't understand why I'm so not hungry tonight. Same thing last night and Saturday night. I don't get it? Any thoughts, challenge buddies? :?:

Zaftig Mama
09-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I just began induction, but would LOVE to lose 30 by Christmas, not sure I can do it, but I'm game for a challenge. Feel free to inspire me, I could use it!

luckie13luv
09-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Welcome Zaftig!! Good luck! We're all cheering you on!!

Sandy, I got like that too. I think once you get over the hump of induction, it seems like appetite decreases. It sounds like you've made great choses to eat today, and thats great. I think if you're not hungry, then ok! You've eaten some great protein and veggies, so you're on track! If you ate only like one meal, and weren't hungry, then maybe you need to see why you've lost your appetite. Try to not read into it too much. Let your body do its thing!

ghost girl
09-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Sandy I think after a while your appetite decreases, just a s lucky said you are making great choices. You had talked about the heat, when it's real hot I don't have much of an appetite. Oh but Fall and Winter look out all I want to do is cook and eat. I bet you will have a nice big loss this week.

Kyrren
09-21-2010, 08:38 AM
down 6 pounds!!! sorry about the late post, crazy busy weekend!

Clanori
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Good morning ladies.Sorry for the late weigh in.I just got my new scale.I am down 3 more pounds so I am very happy.That is a total of 7 pounds since induction : )

LTs girl
09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Okay ladies, I know I have been MIA for about 2 weeks now, but I am back. Let's just say that I haven't been following a plan and paid dearly for it. 10lb weight GAIN. Yep that's right. Up ten pounds. That's all I have to say about it and moving on. Induction day one.

CW: 182

Will weigh in with everyone on Saturday.

Zaftig Mama
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I am only day 2 induction and I almost tackled one of the kids for the peanut butter pretzels they were eating, but I resisted!

So far I am enjoying my mixed greens salads with lean proteins for lunch, very satisfying.

Tonight I can't wait to attack the shrimp!!

Thank GOD for hard boiled eggs!!!

Zaftig Mama
09-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Okay ladies, I know I have been MIA for about 2 weeks now, but I am back. Let's just say that I haven't been following a plan and paid dearly for it. 10lb weight GAIN. Yep that's right. Up ten pounds. That's all I have to say about it and moving on. Induction day one.

CW: 182

Will weigh in with everyone on Saturday.

Best of luck to you and don't sweat it, just move on. Hey, I haven't even lost 10lbs to gain back so you are still ahead of me.;)

sandyfanny
09-21-2010, 05:46 PM
We missed you; I'm so glad you're back. No worries...enjoy the good eating on induction and you'll be where you want to be in no time. :hug:

Linsy
09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I've looked in this thread a few times and finally decided to join. I want to lose 30 pounds by Christmas! I usually weigh on Mondays but I'll just switch it to Saturday.

I don't remember my exact Atkin's starting weight, but when I weighed yesterday I was down 5 or 6 pounds in the first week. :D

sandyfanny
09-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Yay, you two!!! :dance:

As soon as I have time I'm going to tally our total loss. I think we did, as a group, lose in spite of stupid TOM and various detours.

Everybody, have a great week. I'm good except I'm having trouble again getting the water in during my work day. I forget, work like crazy, and then at 3:30 realize I'm dehydrated. No bueno! :devil:

DGirl150
09-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Is it too late to join the challenge? Sorry if it's already been posted...I've got a headache and don't feel like reading through all 12 pages. :^:

ghost girl
09-22-2010, 03:20 AM
Lori Congrats on the 7 pound loss, Way to go.
And Welcome Zaftig and D girl 150.

fatmac
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Oy.

I was doing SO well at that conference yesterday - ate my own breakfast of eggs at home, ate a pile of lunchmeat and cheese for lunch, ate cheese and broccoli at the social, and the special dinner they made for me was chicken breast with a garlic-tomato salsa, steamed vegetables, and mashed potatoes.

I drank about 7 glasses of white wine. I ate the potatoes. I attacked two pieces of cheesecake (but I didn't eat the crust!). Dear lord.

I was too afraid to weigh in this morning, but I did make a decision: I'm off cheese. I'm really, really struggling to keep it under 3-4oz per day, so it's just going to be easier to not keep it in the house. It's a nice treat when I'm out but it's going to have to get out of my fridge.

Today's menu:
B: 3 eggs scrambled in 1 T butter
L: chicken breast with 2oz broccoli and 1T butter, and hardboiled egg
D: hamburger patty and hot sauce, with 2oz broccoli and 1T butter
S: hardboiled egg

But, congrats to everyone else who is doing well!

LTs girl
09-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Fatmac: Good for you to not let one day turn into an week binge. Way to get back on track!

cher37
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
... sounds like everyone is doing well - thanks ladies for your encouraging words to one another :grouphug:

- good to report I lost my weight gain from TOM's visit, now, let's see how the rest of the week pans out :crossed:

sandyfanny
09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Today was unbelievable...I threw my lunch in the trash instead of the garbage before I left for school...then we had a bomb threat at school, and we were outside for hours - no water, no bathrooms, no lunch...nutso teenagers. YIKES!!!

Went directly to Chili's after school...tall vodka/club soda/lime and a steakhouse sandwich without the bread - steak tips, lettuce, provolone cheese, and grilled onions. Very yummy. I hope I don't pay for the vodka and the cheese on Saturday.

I'm feeling dehydrated and tired this week. The water thing is aggravating. Every morning I remind myself to drink water during school, and every day I don't get nearly enough. It's making me feel bad, and I feel fat! :ink:

cher37
09-23-2010, 12:07 PM
...[B]I'm feeling dehydrated and tired this week. The water thing is aggravating. Every morning I remind myself to drink water during school, and every day I don't get nearly enough. It's making me feel bad, and I feel fat! :ink:

:wave:... I was thinking of you this morning & now, since you posted this, I'll let you know what was going on in my brain :dizzy:

have you tried???

- drinking 1 bottle water before eating breakfast
- drinking 1 bottle water after breakfast
- drinking 1 bottle water before eating lunch
- drinking 1 bottle water after lunch *
- maybe sneak a bottle in during the afternoon *
- drinking 1 bottle water before eating supper
- drinking 1 bottle water after supper
- and then 1 mid-evening

there you go, not including any water from teas, this equals 8 bottles/day!!

sometimes I pretty much have to gulp it down, besides my coffee in the morning & green tea at night, all I drink is water (no juices-I have a citric acid allergy)

* I'll switch up my water with a crystal lite packet at lunch & mid-day (I really like the regular ice tea, and the raspberry flavour)

I hope this helps :goodluck:

/cher

readyfreddy
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Im going to be happy if I lose 1 lb this week! Sun I had thai food. Mon-tues I ate TONS of beef jerkey. I'm finally back in ketosis and on plan. Ugh silly me.

Next time screw the rudeness - I am not eating thai food or going off plan for anybody! Its just not worth it.

Eh onwards and upwards.

sandyfanny
09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I appreciate the support and you guys giving me some slack on my Chili's outing...today was decidedly better.

Cher, thanks for the "water schedule." Maybe I'll do better if I have a plan. I'm going to try it because, once again today, I didn't drink much and know I'm dehydrated. I think I finished a 20 oz. at school, have downed 20 oz. since I got home, and I'll do another bottle before dinner. Maybe a bottle over the course of the evening. And I'll start the plan tomorrow.

Only more day until weigh in; I'm still feeling fat. I saw my doctor this afternoon and complained about my weight going up and down. He says to pretty much ignore daily/even weekly single weigh-in's and watch a monthly trend. Whatever. He's a guy...what does he know??!! :dizzy:

DandyDiva
09-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry I havent been posting as often as some but I subscribed to this post and every morning when I wake up I get the e-mails of everyones posts. It is a very encouraging way to start the day. Reading of everyones sucesses and setbacks helps me to be strong. I start my day reading what you ladies are up to, doing my makeup with a side of bacon. Any way I been on track trying to eat before I get weak, and loose will power. I am supposed to meet friends for lunch tomorrow, so we will see how this goes. we usually go junk out in the hour lunch we are alloted. I am also getting sick, this makes me want soup with lots of noodles. Augh I guess the first two weeks have meen too easy. Talk yo you ladies tomorrow.... Wish me well...:smug:

fatmac
09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Morning, everyone!

I've been super crazy busy with work, but after my slip earlier this week, I've been 100% on plan and the scale has rewarded me with getting back to last week's low!

Also, I feel like a million times better cutting cheese out.

cher37
09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm feeling really good too, despite this head cold that just won't leave :headache:

...sounds like everyone's doing their best to stay on track :woohoo:

so stay focused, tonight being a Friday night & everything!

TIPS for Tonight:
- choose chicken wings instead of pizza
- be a tea-total'r (sp?), say not to booze tonight
- drink your water! (gee...that should be my mantra huh!?)

DandyDiva - try some of Sandyfanny's cauliflower soup! It's yummy comfort food for a cold!

...anyhoo... I'm going to a scrapbooking meet tonight so I gotta run & get some stuff :)

Sending out some :dust: to all you ladies! Have a great day!

readyfreddy
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I lost 2 lbs! yay! sorry - its not sat yet but I was too excited :)

Im going out tonight so I am going to limit it to white wine only 1-3 glasses.

Keep going everyone!

sandyfanny
09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
You posted great Friday night tips, Cher, but it was too late for me! We went directly to Chili's again after school...I didn't even bother to eat this time. Went directly to a Cuba Libre...(I used to bartend!) diet coke and a shot of Captain Morgan's...I made friends with the Captain!

And realized at 3:30 that I had drunk 2 cups of coffee and about half a bottle of water all day...no bueno. This week may not be so pretty... :devil:

fatmac
09-25-2010, 09:25 AM
This week's weigh in - up 1 pound from last Saturday. 174.0.

That's really to be expected, as this week included Tuesday of the wine and cheesecakes, and yesterday, when I decided it would be a good idea to drink a bottle of wine.

It's ok - back on track! How did everyone else do?

sandyfanny
09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Okay. Lost no pounds, zero, nada, zip...but I'm not surprised. I've felt fat all week...fat and dehydrated. Here's what I've learned this week:

Eliminating cheese does work for me (6-8 oz. total this week).
Drinking water is a must to lose weight and feel good.
Eating two small salads every day works.
Limiting or eliminating artificial sweeteners works for me.
Bottled flavored water, even 0 carb, doesn't work for me.
Alcohol is not a "feel good" on the scales. (I had two drinks this wk.)
Eating lots of salty, prepared foods is not a good idea.
Drinking an Atkins shake for breakfast does not work for me. What worked for me last week was pretty much 1972 induction. Dammit! Fatmac, we're going to do mo' betta' this week. :p

fatmac
09-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Sandy- I realized this week that I need to go back to basics, too. Meat and vegetables and eggs and water. No cheese, no artificial sweeteners, no processed crap.

sandyfanny
09-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Induction basics is so NO FUN...but there's not a lot of cooking, choices to make and shopping is ridiculously easy. I'm trying to talk myself into feeling GREAT about the whole thing!:mad:

AydaKenzington
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Lost 3.8 this week. So much better than my .8 last week. I was inspired by you all and basically ate meat and veggies all week (with a few almonds or peanuts thrown in occassionally). No artificial sweetners, cheese or any processed 'diet foods'. It wasn't as hard as I thought and obviously it worked.

After my weigh in last week I was watching Too Fat for 15 (LOVE this show) and after one of the kids had a disappointing weigh-in despite working hard and eating on plan, a counselor said that we can never predict when or how our bodies will let go of the weight. I had never heard it put quite like that before and it inspired me/made me feel better. Hope you all can take something from it as well.

Sandy, reading your post was like reading something I had written myself. All of those things hold true for me as well!!

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to read how you all did. I really was so inspired by all of you last week!

sandyfanny
09-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm watching the thread ...I can't wait to hear our results!
Ayda, you ROCKED this week! :dance:
I'm counting on everyone for inspiration and :dust:

cher37
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Induction basics is so NO FUN...but there's not a lot of cooking, choices to make and shopping is ridiculously easy. I'm trying to talk myself into feeling GREAT about the whole thing!:mad:

"What'you talkin' 'bout Willis??!!"

I have found such a freedom following Atkins WOE. I know the foods that are acceptable & I eat them in as many different ways as I can - like...

oven baked brocolli (w. olive oil, garlic, red pepper chili flakes)
oven baked cauliflower (w. olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, black pepper)
steak with sauteed mushrooms, garlic in olive oil & butter
yummy salads with chicken, bacon, ranch dressing
- or greek with feta, black olives, red onion
- or caesar chicken w. parmesan cheese
top dog hot dog quick lunch/supper/evening snack
oven baked parmesan coated chicken
stir fried shrimp w. butter, olive oil, garlic & parsley
sf/ff jelly with whipped cream
coffee w. whipped cream & french vanilla splenda sprinkled on top

ok - I'll stop (if anyone wants a recipe, just PM me :))

/cher

cher37
09-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Yay!!! I'm down from last week's TOM gain:

30 Pounds by Christmas Challenge :mrsclaus:
Starting weight: 228
Today's weight: 218
Goal: 198
Pounds to go: 20

sandyfanny
09-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for such a great post, Cher. That's a really positive way to look at our WOE...freedom! What's not to love about that? I'm going to eat off of your posted list this week.

Congratulations on banishing TOM and then some! :p

Linsy
09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I have not had the best week. I haven't been eating enough! Yesterday I gave in and ate ranch dressing (twice!), which seems normal but the ranch had sugar in it because we don't have any without. It was delicious and I scarfed a bowl of spinach with ranch on it. I feel a little bit guilty but there's definitely worse things I could have eaten :lol:. I also haven't been drinking quite enough water and ate shredded beef from Qdoba which had about 8 carbs for a serving...I'm not sure how much I ate though.

All of that aside though, I'm down 4 pounds from Monday, at 266. :yay:
Good luck to everyone else and congratulations on your losses!

sandyfanny
09-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Your week was excellent, Linsy! I'll take a four-pound loss ANY WEEK! Are you kidding me? Here's a recipe for homemade ranch dressing from Atkin's site.

The buttermilk isn't for induction, but I don't see why you couldn't use heavy cream and thin it with water, add a little lemon juice, stir it...buttermilk!

http://www.atkins.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe190/Garlic-Ranch-Dressing.aspx

Have another awesome week! :dizzy:

Linsy
09-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Sandy that looks awesome! Thank you so much. I'll definitely try that but with heavy cream. I've been wanting to eat ranch on my veggies so bad!

ghost girl
09-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Lost 2 pounds this week.

sandyfanny
09-26-2010, 09:46 AM
What a good week, Ghost Girl! You're right on track to make your challenge goal, no worries...Congratulations! You're gonna be HOT by HALLOWEEN!:spid:

Clanori
09-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Lost 1 pound this week.Probably would have been more but went to a friends birthday party Saturday night and had a piece of cake.Let me tell you it was not worth it.My stomach felt terrible for the rest of the night.

sandyfanny
09-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Good job, Clanori! Have a great 100% week!

sandyfanny
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Everyone, here's a BIG sprinkle of

:dust: for us! :hug:

Linsy
09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Is it normal to have a complete loss of appetite on induction? I've heard that loss of appetite is normal but mine seems extreme. I have a few questions about it if anybody can give me some advice.

Today I've eaten 1 deviled egg (2 halves), 2 sausage links, 2 stalks of celery, a dill pickle half, a pepper, ranch for celery dipping and that's it. I also munched on a bit of green bell pepper. It's 7:29PM right now, way past my usual dinner time, and I'm NOT hungry. I feel almost like I need to force myself to eat dinner but the sound of food almost makes me feel queasy.

Will not eating stall my weight loss? I'm not eating enough veggie carbs and I'm afraid if I don't eat the veggies that the fat I'm eating will cause me to gain. Should I try my best to force myself to eat? This is only time I can remember NOT wanting to eat...LOL.

Also, will this pass? I feel like I've been on induction a little over a week but I feel like this should have come and gone already. Thanks to anyone that can help. :D

cher37
09-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Is it normal to have a complete loss of appetite on induction? I've heard that loss of appetite is normal but mine seems extreme. I have a few questions about it if anybody can give me some advice.

Today I've eaten 1 deviled egg (2 halves), 2 sausage links, 2 stalks of celery, a dill pickle half, a pepper, ranch for celery dipping and that's it. I also munched on a bit of green bell pepper. It's 7:29PM right now, way past my usual dinner time, and I'm NOT hungry. I feel almost like I need to force myself to eat dinner but the sound of food almost makes me feel queasy.

Will not eating stall my weight loss? I'm not eating enough veggie carbs and I'm afraid if I don't eat the veggies that the fat I'm eating will cause me to gain. Should I try my best to force myself to eat? This is only time I can remember NOT wanting to eat...LOL.

Also, will this pass? I feel like I've been on induction a little over a week but I feel like this should have come and gone already. Thanks to anyone that can help. :D

hmmm.. let's see Linsy, if you equate your food into "meals" ....

egg, sausage = breakfast
pickle = quick snack
celery (2 full stalks) & a full pepper w. ranch dressing = lunch
some pepper = quick snack

yeah, you're missing supper, 1 low day should not cause a stall, but... if you're really concerned about getting in your carbs, have a couple slices of bacon, or a hot dog w. mayo, or some coleslaw (higher carbs in cabbage) made w. mayo + mustard.
** I'm always concerned about getting in enough water for the day, so be sure that you are too :)

- try to think about what factors are contributing to your lack of appetite ie. stress? pre-occupied with other things (end of the month sometimes gets to me ie. bills, house pymt coming up), is it time for your mthly cycle to start? I will have a loss of appetite where maybe I'll have supper only on the day before I start, or what about the weather? is it hot where you are?

hope this helps, I know it's a quite a bit later from when you posted - have a good night & just try not to get discouraged - sometimes after a successful week, we try to look for reasons to talk ourselves out of sticking to losing weight - for me, it's a fear of failure - so I try to talk myself out of sabotageing my weight loss plans

sorry for the rambling, it's late in the night :faint:

good night,
cher

Linsy
09-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Come to think of it, have been under a lot of stress lately. My boyfriend is visiting next month and I've been worrying about everything being perfect so maybe that's part of the problem. I also forgot to mention that I ate a hamburger patty with some cheese on it with lunch so that could count as dinner based on your food sorting. I actually feel a little bit hungry now but it's really late and I'm tired so it can wait until the morning.

I haven't been eating enough for at least a couple of days. Yesterday I made a salad for dinner with ranch and chicken, and I could hardly even eat it. I ended up putting it down before I'd even finished half. I hope this appetite loss will pass, I need to get all of my fat and veggies in!

Your post made me feel better. Thanks for the advice Cher! Goodnight.

cher37
09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Linsy - It's wonderful that your bf is visiting soon & you want everything to be perfect, but be careful not to fall into the trap of setting up unrealistic weight loss expectations - I've done it before (thinking "maybe if I don't eat this or that, then I'll lose more weight") & end up bingeing - so don't deprive yourself of food, just eat sensibly and monitor your intake. Look at how far you've come - 14 lbs lost already - You're doing great! :cp:

readyfreddy
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry to be MIA for most of the weekend. Just busy!

I lost 1 more lb by sat so I am down to 141 now. Thats 7 lbs loss so far!

I am really liking the 1-2 lb weightloss per week. It feels realistic and maintainable. I guess I am doing OWL since I have things that are off induction.

Let's keep going and get to our goals!

On a side note... I started trying to lose weight when I got up to 156 a few months ago and that put me into the "overweight" BMI category. I lost about 8 with diet and exercise but stalled out for a month or two which is why I went back to Atkins. So total so far I have actually lost 15 lbs which is exciting. I also feel good being back in healthy BMI zone. Now I am just trying to get to the middle of that zone so a small weight gain doesn't put me back into the unhealthy zone.

chantal2628
09-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi, is it too late to join the challenge? I started today and saw this and thought it would be a good motivator!

Linsy
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Cher, it's not really that I'm stressed about losing weight before he gets here...the more the better of course, but I know that if I deprive myself I'll end up binging and messing up my plan and that will do more harm than good. I just have a few things that I need to get done and it's stressing me out. Thank you for the compliment! I'm happy about the 14 pounds too. I can't wait until my jeans start feeling loose. I'm trying to concentrate on getting my water in and eating every few hours to keep my body fed even if I don't feel hungry. Hopefully soon the appetite loss will pass. :crossed:

I do seem to be better today. I woke up late so I ate breakfast in the afternoon...2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. I'm going to be making meatloaf for dinner which is one of my favorite foods, yum! Thank you for the kind words.

girlygirlNL
09-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Hi All,

I am new here, but I read through this entire thread and I really love the way you guys support each other! I would love to join this challenge. For myself, I would like to say goal by Christmas. I think that I can do it even though as I get closer to goal, I know my weight loss will slow. :)

readyfreddy
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Chantal and Girly - welcome. Join in.

cher37
09-28-2010, 03:32 PM
:welcome2: Girly & Chantal!!!!

islandchick1
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone :wave: I would love to join the Christmas Challenge if it's not too late.

Judy

StephanieM
09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I would be amazed if I hit goal by Christmas at the rate I lose! But starting induction tomorrow, this may just be the kick I need to do that.

I'll join to hit 20 pounds by Christmas :) I'm at 159.6 today, but tomorrow will be my official "before atkins" weigh in.

girlygirlNL
09-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome. It is much appreciated. I weigh in on Saturdays as well so it works out perfectly for me. I also take measurements every Saturday because I lose so slowly.

This week-end I ate from a higher rung and I think I determined that my CCLL is not 60! LOL. It was a cheat - not exactly. Ugh. In any case, back to basics for a few days and then we will see where we are. I lost one pound last Saturday and I hope to add one to that by this Saturday.

Here is to a good day!

readyfreddy
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok - I felt a little unmotivated yesterday! Back at attention!

Goal for this week - lose 1-2 lbs

Goal for Oct = lose 5 lbs

Goal for Nov = lose 5 lbs

Goal for Dec = lose 5 lbs

Total - 17 lbs!

sandyfanny
09-29-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm freaking out because I can't walk today; it's tropical storm time here on the coast. Rained like crazy yesterday, but I caught a break in the action and took Puddin' on our walk. Today, no such luck!

I'm out of school tomorrow (flooding); it's an optional teacher work day, but this teacher ain't working. It's supposed to be better tomorrow around lunch time; I'll get a walk in then even if we have to dodge the puddles and watch out for the storm drains. Stressful...my roof is leaking in the sunroom.

I have some carb cravings, specifically bread, floating around, but since there's no bread in the house, I'm in no danger. I'm cooking sweet potato treats for Puddin'. She loves the smell of taters cooking!:devil:

cher37
09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
It'll all be alright :)

We've been having crazy rainstorms here lately ('bout 3/day) & my walks with the dog are limited to 5-10 mins.

If you really want to get in some exercise - try some pilates/exercise dvd's (or if you have cable you may be able to pull-up an exercise show on demand). If not, then, make sure you get in your water and get in some good-night's sleeps.

... walk away from the carbs (& the cheese ... sandyfanny :)) - good on yah for not having any bread in the house! you can always make a m-i-m to satisfy your 'desire' for something!

Hope you have a great night!

Linsy
09-29-2010, 11:24 PM
I think I've been eating too much artificial sweetener. I had a bottle of Crystal Light today and yesterday and sugar-free jello today and yesterday for dessert. I need to cut down on that a little bit.

I had some of the leftover soup from last night, but the leftovers had potatoes and corn in it. I spent at least 5mins taking out every bit of corn and potato I could find, but I may have missed some little pieces. The soup was thick, pretty much like shredded steak and not liquid-y at all so it was hard to see. Hopefully I got all of it out. I'm a little bit worried about it. :crossed:

I'm glad it's not storming here, but admittedly I don't exercise even though I have a lot of extra time on my hands...I should probably start walking. I've tried indoors tapes because I'm self conscious about going outside and walking, but I find even the modified versions of them too hard. Does anyone have any suggestions for easier exercise tapes until I feel confident enough to go outside and walk? I heard walk away the pounds was a good one.

cher37
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
...I should probably start walking. I've tried indoors tapes because I'm self conscious about going outside and walking, but I find even the modified versions of them too hard. Does anyone have any suggestions for easier exercise tapes until I feel confident enough to go outside and walk? I heard walk away the pounds was a good one.

My sister does "Walk Away the Pounds", my doctor suggested that I do pilates b/c of my bursitis so I do a "Peel Away the Pounds Pilates" (not everyday though), I'm physically active at work + the dog walks help me to get in my exercise.

/cher

Linsy
09-29-2010, 11:37 PM
I might try walk away the pounds. Does your sister like it? I'd like to have the confidence to walk around my neighborhood but I think there's people who live nearby that I used to go to school with. I wouldn't love to see anyone right now at my heaviest weight...not even strangers, lol :o. Thanks for all of your help Cher.

StephanieM
09-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I think I weighed in at 159 even today, but I can't remember.

I'm feeling good after day one, I feel less bloated then I normally do and it's been hard getting enough carbs and calories. I find I get so full on Atkins.

Even did some lifting today, which I've been trying to get back into.

Edit: After day one I am at 157 :) I suspect that is mostly due to water weight as I was peeing like nuts yesterday!

onelife2live
09-30-2010, 09:31 AM
In your post it said Atkins WOE...what is WOE?

Also, do we have specific ideas to reach this....incremental goals, appx 2 lbs per week, as in x mins of x type of exercise & frequency for each week???

Ideas, Ladies?

Thanks!

I think WOE stands for Way of Eating.
I am up for the 30lbs by Xmas challenge :carrot:

islandchick1
09-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Good morning ya'll.
231 and holding.
SW 233
CW 231 :cb:
GW 203
Have an AWESOME day everyone :)

sandyfanny
09-30-2010, 09:56 AM
It sounds as if everyone's working hard on our challenge...Yay, us!

Onelife, we don't have a specific number of pounds each week, but Cher did the math when we started, and we need to average about two pounds per week to make 30 by Christmas. Most of us are up and down on the scales, but doing our best...whatever that is.

No exercise prescription. Some of us exercise; some of us don't. I walk my dog every evening if possible.

Welcome! :comp:

readyfreddy
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
I need to exercise more! This week has been crazy and I haven't gotten to it. Maybe tonight....

sandyfanny
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Me too!

sandyfanny
10-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Saturday's coming up quickly, Christmas Challenge buddies...I have no clue what I'll show this weekend. It's been a tough week - the most rainfall in our area EVER over three days, school schedule disrupted, too few walks. I haven't been off plan in terms of what I'm eating, but I know I haven't had enough water.

I'm still having such a hard time doing such a simple thing. Makes no sense. It's really just that I HATE water, and I don't want the artificially sweentened drinks either. Maybe it's an extension of "There's really nothing I want to eat that I can have, and there's nothing I really want that I can't have either" thing. Weird. I get hungry, and I eat. But I don't want it.

Enough with the complaints, already. I hope everyone has a great weigh-in. I hope the scales move at least a little for me. Here's a big sprinkle of :dust: for our Friday night. :dizzy:

islandchick1
10-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Good morning everyone :)
Hope ya'll have an WONDERFUL day :sunny:

StephanieM
10-01-2010, 09:46 AM
156.8 today! A new low I have never seen before :)

SW: 159.4 (I found where I wrote it down)
CW:156.8
GW: 140

sandyfanny
10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Way to Lose, Stephanie!

DandyDiva
10-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Sorry I am just weighing in for last week I lost one pound last week and one pound this week... Slow and steady is what the wii scale keeps telling me. After last weeks one pound loss I had a bad weekend so im not super shocked. I guess at least im going down. Two pounds in two weeks? better than a gain right? Im going to stay with family this weekend so I plan to stay on plan, and not loose myself. i'll try to check in often for encouragement. I also plan to buy a bike this weekend. I know what I lack is exercise. Hows everyone else doing?

sandyfanny
10-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Way to go, Dandy Diva...I'll take a one-pound loss with joy this week. I don't weigh until tomorrow, so we'll see. I'm proud of you for planning to eat well and buying a bike. Exercise makes us feel better; I have to make myself do it, but it does become a habit...a good one. :)

cher37
10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Sorry I am just weighing in for last week I lost one pound last week and one pound this week... Slow and steady is what the wii scale keeps telling me. After last weeks one pound loss I had a bad weekend so im not super shocked. I guess at least im going down. Two pounds in two weeks? better than a gain right? Im going to stay with family this weekend so I plan to stay on plan, and not loose myself. i'll try to check in often for encouragement. I also plan to buy a bike this weekend. I know what I lack is exercise. Hows everyone else doing?

I've been 'thinking about' using my wii scale to monitor my weight - but I haven't made it a priority to boot-up my wii fit yet! Guess I should eh!? I'll aim for tomorrow morning's weigh-in! :goodscale

/cher

Shells
10-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I think I forgot to post last Saturday ... only a 1 pound loss .... but a loss all the same. I am taking a holiday to California starting today so I will not be able to weigh in tomorrow or the next week.

I will catch up with everyone once I can access a computer again.

Good luck everyone.

cher37
10-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Okay, just weighed myself on Wii Fit Plus & am about 6.5 lbs heavier than my bathroom scale :fr:

...guess I'll adjust my starting weight to reflect my new current weight, I'm not totally discouraged, I still lost weight from the beginning of this challenge - just have a different starting weight now :dizzy:

New SW: 234.5 lbs
Today's CW: 227.5
Revised GW: 204.5

From this point on, I will weigh myself every morning on my Wii & throw out the bathroom scale!

Hope everyone's having a better day than me :D

/cher

AngeBella
10-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi Girls, New to this forum.. On my second day of the Atkins Diet, so far so good. I am very encouraged after reading all of your posts and would like to join in the challenge! Good luck and I'm so PROUD of you all!!!! :)

Starting SW: 165 lbs
Today's CW:165 lbs
Goal Weight: 115 lbs

DandyDiva
10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I've been using the wii scale since I started.... Id never switch in the middle if it ment id gain weight. Even if it is only in my mind that,there's a difference.

cher37
10-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I know, my hubby was trying to talk me out of switching scales - but...I figure that I might as well bite the bullet & face reality that I'm not as tiny as I thought I was :tantrum: hee hee!!

sandyfanny
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Cher, that's the biggest bummer ever. I'm so sorry that your diminuitive size is a teeny bit larger than you thought...RATS! But, of course, the weight you've lost is still the weight you've lost...congratulations on not freaking out! :hug:

sandyfanny
10-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I guess there's something to be said for not really wanting anything - I lost 3 pounds this week. I'm very excited about my weigh-in this morning...hope everyone else has a good one. Yay, Us for staying with it!:dancer:

I'm on my way down the coast a bit to see my daughters...what a good day!

StephanieM
10-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Welcome AngeBella!

Congrats on the loss sandyfanny!

SW 159.4
CW 155.6
GW 140

I'm down another 1.2 pounds. This is insane, I'm not used to this. I know a lot will be water weight, but it's nice to make progress for once after a month long stall with calorie counting.

Clanori
10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm down 1.6 pounds today so I am happy with that.Great job on the losses everyone : )

cher37
10-02-2010, 11:32 AM
:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

Great job ladies - looks like a nice trend here ... everyone's losing !!!

Here's my stats:
Challenge SW: 234.5 lbs
Last Week's Weigh-In: 224.5 lbs
Today's CW: 222.4 lbs (-2.1 from last week)
Total loss to-date: 12.1 lbs
30 lb GW: 204.5

p.s. I like my Wii scale now :)

Zaftig Mama
10-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Congrats all!!!!

islandchick1
10-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Good afternoon ya'll.
SW 233
CW 230 :dancer:
GW 203
Three lbs. loss this week :D

Zaftig Mama
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Way to go!!!:cheer2::congrat:

islandchick1
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Thank so much!

StephanieM
10-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Looks like everyone is having good, steady losses! I know I'm losing quick because it's just the first week, but I'll be happy with 2 lbs a week until I hit goal.

Linsy
10-03-2010, 02:10 AM
It's so hard to read my scale! I have one of the scales with the little lines. I'm pretty sure I lost at least 1 pound though, putting me at ~265. I have a Wii and Wii fit, I should start using that scale. I'll weigh on it tomorrow and report in.