Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm all in. Sorry I have been out of town for the weekend. I think having our own Atkins challenge is great! And don't feel that you can't join us if you aren't doing Atkins. Saturdays work for me.

Not sure I can weigh in this weekend. I am going out of town again to see my hubby. It's been 3 months so I am really excited. So I may have to start next week. That still gives me plenty of time to lose 30 by Christmas.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

WOE = way of eating

IMHO .... however you want to lose the weight is up to you. Obviously if its an Atkins challenge then low carb will play a role. I would think the exercise is completely personal ... some will, some won't, some will find a happy medium which suits their lifestyle.

I would also think that it would function as a sounding board for what we find works for us week to week, or what we found to be the challenges.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #18  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs girl View Post
... I am going out of town again to see my hubby. It's been 3 months so I am really excited. So I may have to start next week. That still gives me plenty of time to lose 30 by Christmas.
I am so excited for you! I pray he'll return safely to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells View Post
WOE = way of eating

IMHO .... however you want to lose the weight is up to you. Obviously if its an Atkins challenge then low carb will play a role. I would think the exercise is completely personal ... some will, some won't, some will find a happy medium which suits their lifestyle.

I would also think that it would function as a sounding board for what we find works for us week to week, or what we found to be the challenges.
Yep. I agree , personally, I allow myself to be easily influenced to try previous dieting methods, especially when I'm discouraged, so with the majority on track with Atkins I hope it'll give me the encouragement I need

... on that note, here's some going out to everyone!

/cheryl

Old 08-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

I am in.. Weigh in on Sat.. very good!! Its funny Cheryl, my friend and I say that same saying... "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I hope to realize that by July of next year!! 30 by Christmas for now!!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #20  
cher37

....You're well on your way to feeling skinny HairChick!!!!

/cheryl

Last edited by cher37; 08-30-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: oops!

Old 08-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #21  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default We're On Our Way!

Thirty pounds by Christmas sounds like a dream, but I know we can do it. For me, it'll mean staying on Atkins Induction as closely as I can, making sure I don't eat too much cheese, and walking every day after school.

I don't really lose weight unless I walk often - at least 5 times a weeks. So, our work is cut out for us, ladies! We CAN!

LTs Girl, I'm so happy for you. It's so romantic to have such wonderful reunions with your guy. ENJOY!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #22  
cher37

Me too.. cheese for me = no weight loss

I plan to stay on Induction - pretty much indefinitely... for the rest of my life (just kidding ) - although sometimes it seems like it!

Eggs are my best friend, even when I have to force myself to eat them

and Water Rules !!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #23  
Less Juicey

Default Ditto!

I think I'll have to live below 40 grams of carbs the rest of my life unless I plan to gain the weight I lose back...and I don't want this ever again.

I lost 80 pounds and regained it over 8 years. Losing it a second time is AWFUL! And I'm eight years older, and it's just plain harder.

So I'm limiting cheese, walking, and doing my best. I still hate water; I haven't drunk nearly enough of anything today. This morning was a disaster, so I didn't pack any water nor stop to buy any. I'm drinking Crystal Light right now.

Losing thirty pounds is an AWESOME gift to myself!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #24  
cher37

well, I didn't have my salad as planned, hubby brought home some Godfather's Pizza & to make matters worse .. I just saw a picture of myself in our local newspaper. I feel like crying, making myself throwup (but I won't b/c I hate puking), locking myself up and never eating again - who IS that fat old woman????

I know it took 2 years to put on this weight, but how come it takes twice as long to lose it??

Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #25  

I go to fitcamp classes (like a bootcamp) 3 times a week and will be starting some hot yoga .... so that will help with my program to lose 30 pounds by Christmas. I really need to tone up and this class will definitely help with that.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #26  

So is this Saturday our first weigh in?? Will there be a new thread started for it?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

How do I join?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #28  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydaKenzington View Post
How do I join?
You just did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells View Post
So is this Saturday our first weigh in?? Will there be a new thread started for it?
This is it! Check in with your weekly results on Saturday & anytime else you need to!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #29  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Cher!!!!!!! and everyone else!!!!!!! Long time no see! I've been back here on and off but I need to get serious about weight loss! I love the idea of 30 pounds by Christmas! Can I join? We weigh in tomorrow as the first weight? I hate seeing pics of me and I feel the same way Cher...who is that old fat woman? You know we will look younger when we lose weight I hope I can still join
Leslie !!

... come on down & weigh in tomorrow!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #30  
Less Juicey

I'm afraid to weigh in this morning. It's been a rough week - first full week of school with students. Yikes! I haven't eaten anything really terrible - if I don't count the bar of dark chocolate - but I didn't get my water in, and I've been so dehydrated I felt it every day. Must figure out how to drink my water and teach school at the same time; it doesn't sound hard, but it was.

And I haven't eaten many veggies - mostly chicken, beef, ham, mayo, onions, some red peppers, asparagus once. I've been too tired to cook when I get home...absolutely worn out! So I'm not looking for a loss; I just hope I don't show a gain.
Closed Thread