Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #1  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Thumbs down I'm so driven and my haters.....

Aren't..... Anyone else losing weight have people constantly NOT encouraging you? Constant negativity? I was the second biggest one in the family, Now after losing 96lbs && going from a 24 to a loose 14, everyone is trippin on me.... Jealousy is ugly I tell you. cause that's what I've narrowed it down to being. Nothing but pure absolute jealousy && they're too narrow minded//lazy to do anything about thier weight. And they can't stand it that I'm so self motivated && DRIVEN that their words don't bother me and make me turn to food for comfort. Ohhh.. Booo hooo!

I get more attention from STRANGERS.

It kinda dampens my ego a lil bit and I think what attributes to my whacky sense of body image when I look in the mirror... Cause I know I'm lookin DANG GOOD compared to how I use to. It makes me sad and cocky at the same time. Cause I know what it is and makes me so much more motivated to get down to my goal or surpass that.

If it wasn't for me loving my husband so much (it's all his family, I don't talk to mine ) I'd tell them all to F themselves. HAHAHA And grow up. Jeeze, just stop trippin on me...

Sorry for the tantrum... Needed to vent in a place where I know I'd be understood!! <3
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I've actually been really lucky with OUTSIDERS. My two dearest friends have been motivated by my success to step into action themselves, so I don't have to worry about that. My co-workers may talk about me behind my back, I don't know, but to my face they're supportive and full of questions. My mom is the queen of back handed compliments, but I do receive them.

However, I have a jealous husband!! So yeah! Dampened ego? Definitely!

But we have to remember who we're doing this for. I am so much doing this for myself. I feel really good about myself and that's fantastic! We should feel really good about ourselves. We haven't done anything wrong. I think it really shakes up peoples' idea of reality when we take ourselves out of the fat category and into the normal category. We go from the person they know they aren't as bad as to just another person they don't measure up to. We shake up the balance of the way their world is ordered. Some people use that imbalance to their advantage and change their own lives. Others deal with it really inappropriately with jealously and negativity.

But we know better. And I have to think that as we maintain a loss, a new "normal" develops in the balance of the fat world.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

I hope I do get haters. I'm confrontational like that.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
We go from the person they know they aren't as bad as to just another person they don't measure up to.
Gosh, Eliana, you are giving me a lot to think about today! That is so true, huh? I know I personally am probably the fattest person in my family, circle of friends, co-workers, etc. So that means that every single person in every one of those groups always has someone -- ME -- that they are not as bad as! What happens when I'm not the fattest anymore? Then one of them has to take that title, and NOBODY wants THAT! I have never thought about this before, but there really probably are some people who, even if they love me with all their hearts, at least subconsciously have something to lose if I get thinner. Very interesting!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #5  
Alberta Gal

S/C/G: 154.2/151.2/125.0

Height: 5' 3"

Daughter of Venus, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your attitude. For some reason, reading your post helped me with a tricky situation I'm dealing with at work. Thank you. Goodbye, Ms. Doormat. Hello, Ms. Sticking up for myself!
HalfPint71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Lawl I'm glad it helped. I kind of thought I was just a b****. but there are a few people I want to sideswipe with my weightloss and be like oh really? You want to cry on
my shoulder about what a size six cow you are in a passive aggressive way of telling me what a jabba the hut I am? Here's MY size six shoulder. Cry away, cause you really could use some toning.

So vindictive.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I had someone tell me how good I am looking...but then she added "even if you give up right now you won't be a failure"... This was NOT a friend, just someone I see pretty often. I was NOT talking about loosing weight at all. AND she is FATTER that I am and looks ten years older than she actually is.

The funny thing is that I until she made this comment I have sort of been obsessing on how it would be "OK to go off plan" just for a "few days" to celebrate loosing 30 pounds... but THAT comment will probably keep me on plan for another 20 pounds at least!

Last edited by nancymae; 08-27-2010 at 11:51 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Lol. I'm all sorts of passive aggressive to haters. It gets ugly. Like, they say, "Oh, you finally lost enough weight to buy new clothes! I really thought you'd never actually get to that point, you weren't looking all that into the weight loss..." and I'd respond, "Yeah, I love them. I'm sure you'll love to have my trendy hand me downs when I lose the next 20!"
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote