Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim #4

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Wonderslim #4

Kristikins
08-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey yall! We hit 500+ posts, so I thought I better give us a new home...hope everyone finds us over here!! Come join our WS fun and movement challenge!! :carrot:

jyoyo78
08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm here, I'm here...thanks for starting new thread Kristi!

JanellBea
08-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Found ya!

Kristikins
08-27-2010, 10:20 PM
YAY!!! Now where's everybody else??

JanellBea
08-28-2010, 12:11 AM
I just read the challenge rules on the #3 thread and it sounds great!!! If any of you are like me, you have a TON of exercise videos sitting around that you have collected over the years. I will list a few of mine and see if anyone wants to join me. I think it is fun to be doing the same thing. So here are a few of my choices:

Walk Away The Pounds
Windsor Pilates
Jillian Michaels 30-day shred
Power 90
Biggest Loser Yoga for Weight Loss
Slim in 6

So, Sept 1 is the day?

jyoyo78
08-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah...I have lots of videos too...ugh. I have the 30 day shred....actually like that one :o) And walk away the pounds. like that one too...but I don't like Leslie Sansone's laugh...it's a little irritating...lol

Sept. 1 here we come!!! Watch out!!

JanellBea
08-28-2010, 02:34 AM
I am excited too! I love a good challenge, I am that typical "A" type personality who is very competitive! I love the extra push that a challenge gives me:)

Are you going to do the videos or do you have something planned? I am thinking I might just do a variety of videos through out the week. I am contemplating going back to Curves, I love that it is only 30 minutes and you are done!!

mollymai
08-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Hello every one. I messed up when I started the last thread it was actually the fourth so this one is the 5th thread. lol What a way to throw everyone off, but we are still going strong so tha's all that matters :).

Anyway my summer recess was over Sept 23rd and I went back to work, I received a couple of complements, one from a co worker, my husband and my son, it made me feel really good. I also notice that I do better a work because I have my WS meals and my water and at home I have most of my food prepared already and the only thing I need to make is veggies. I use my crockpot more now because the meat is good and juicy that way and it holds the seasoning well, gotta love that crock pot lmao.

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't get paid until Sept 30th and I am running out of my favorite foods from WS, but I will to the best I can to substitute and eat moderatlely.

I will weigh in tomorrow, but I know my results will be low because I ate pizza yesterday and the other day had Fosters Freeze, just needed to splurge.

Type to you all soon.

Waterwoman64
08-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Jyoyo - before I forget.......BIG YAY!!!! on your loss!!!
Kristi - I like your plan. Think I will begin (gulp - this means sign up, pay up and commit - gulp) to water aerobics. It is Mon, Wen & Fri early mornings. then will walk on either Sat. or Sun.
Thanx for starting our new thread! How do you tell how many posts there are?
Jennell - I don't (surprisingly) have any videos. I do have all the books and cookbooks though - Ha! Can probably tell by that alone how much I really need to do some kind of exercise!! Am so glad to get everyone's recommendations on what videos they like here. I will be doing outside walking as much as possible until the rains hit - then indoors on the treadmill if I don't swim.
Molly - Sooooo glad to hear people are noticing and complimenting you!! I agree about the crockpot too. Sounds like you have the right attitude about the food and all.....you can make it until the next WS comes in.
Hey - did you miss the Challenge discussion? Are you in or out?

Waterwoman64
08-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey - had another question for the Challenge........Do we keep points for this?
Have never done one of these, but it sounds so good.
Sept. 1 sounds good to me for a start date. Hope we hear everyone on this!

goddessmeg
08-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Day 1 = Success!!

I had a great Day 1. Well, I felt a little icky in the AM and had to rush to the bathroom (TMI, sorry) but since then I'm fine. I didn't cheat and stayed on program 100%. I was awfully hungry for dinner so I'm going to move the fruit from the AM to the afternoon snack. I also just had soup for my entree at lunch and I'll try one of the "meals."

Of course I weighed myself this AM. And according to my scale, I've lost between .5 and 2.5 pounds!!!!!

Today is MY day. My DH and stepson are now at the State Fair. I just hit a Croc's warehouse sale and got 2 pair for a total of $10. I'm watching "The Nanny" and enjoying the quiet in my house.

Life is good!

Destinova
08-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Found you guys!!! I've been still sticking to the plan pretty religiously! I got a new shipment- I really like the WS Alfredo, Mac & Cheese, & Steak Mac & Cheese, & Coconut Chocolate bars. The PB&J bars are really good too! I do not like the cookies -blah, tastes like cardboard!! The sour cream & onion rings are REALLY good, and there is a lot in the bag! Now only if they made PIZZA!!! As for the shakes, the cocomint is my favorite! I purchased a couple of blender ball bottles from Amazon, and they really work good. I freeze mine then let them melt a bit, and they are really cold, frothy, and yummy!!! I am a big fan of WS!!

JanellBea
08-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Happy Saturday Ladies!

Congrats on your first day and loss goddess!!

Desti, I just purchased a couple of things from the fit-fresh website and I am really happy with them. One is a big, 28 oz, bottle with a little paddle blender inside it, so it mixes things up really well, makes sure nothing gets stuck on the bottom, and best of all, while you are drinking, you can 'freshen' it up by just hitting the button and it re-mixes all over again. Really likn' it!!

Water, I like the idea of assigning a points value for the challenge, and then of course we could have a winner at the end of the month!! I love competition, it keeps me on my game!! Maybe we could incorporate eating on plan? Water? and the exercise? maybe have 3 chances to earn points each day? Just a thought.

Love the Nanny re-runs - actually, I love mindless TV! I have been having a lazy Saturday morning watching paid programing. It is SO tempting to buy those wonderful little gadgets:)

I havent actually comitted to the plan yet, I do well for a day and then slip the next - too many stresses in my life right now. Hubby and I are going away for Labor Day weekend (leaving thursday) and then I plan on getting back on the plan the day after Labor Day. I am going to do this!! I will start the exercise challenge on the 1st though.

Hope you are all having a great day, we are having beautiful weather here in Missouri.

BTW, someone ask for snail mail - I am too new to send private messages, I have to wait for 20 posts and 20 days, so I will send it when I can.

mollymai
08-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Jyoyo - before I forget.......BIG YAY!!!! on your loss!!!
Kristi - I like your plan. Think I will begin (gulp - this means sign up, pay up and commit - gulp) to water aerobics. It is Mon, Wen & Fri early mornings. then will walk on either Sat. or Sun.
Thanx for starting our new thread! How do you tell how many posts there are?
Jennell - I don't (surprisingly) have any videos. I do have all the books and cookbooks though - Ha! Can probably tell by that alone how much I really need to do some kind of exercise!! Am so glad to get everyone's recommendations on what videos they like here. I will be doing outside walking as much as possible until the rains hit - then indoors on the treadmill if I don't swim.
Molly - Sooooo glad to hear people are noticing and complimenting you!! I agree about the crockpot too. Sounds like you have the right attitude about the food and all.....you can make it until the next WS comes in.
Hey - did you miss the Challenge discussion? Are you in or out?

I missed the challenge thread. I going to have to check it out.

Kristikins
08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi girls! Molly - I remembered that you started the "thread 3" which should have been "Thread 4" but figured it'd be really confusing to the others as to why I skipped #4!! And I figured it really didn't matter anyways - so here we are with a second #4 :D and by all means - JOIN Water's CHALLENGE!!! It's gonna be a GREAT motivator! Can't let my peeps down!!

Water - I think points is a good thing too, course have no idea what those points will be good for except just to say "WOO HOO I'm the winner - or weiner as the case may be!!")

Destinova - good for you - so glad you're enjoying WS, I am too! Are you joining our challenge??? It's gonna be fun...twisting arm!!

Meg - I do my fruit in the afternoons too! Helps me get from lunch to dinner (still getting a shake in between) without binging! I LOVE to chew!!

Janell - I love the Nanny too...I saw some of the episodes this morning, but then dashed out the door around 11 headed to get groceries. I'm the one who asked for snail addresses - had no idea that you had to be here for a while to be able to PM...oh well, just send it to me when you can!

And you other girls too...I want your snail addresses so I can send yall some goodies...I'm a crafter and love to make things! I try not to make junky stuff - and mostly my crafts are paper based (I don't DO fabric!!)!!

Got to tell yall about this...Thursday night I went to a Coupon Class - HELLO...how cool is that...it was a fundraiser at my sons school and there were about 50 ladies there (not bad in a school from 3yr preK to HS Senior with about 150 kids total!) Well, this lady taught me (FINALLY) how to use my coupons the right way! So today I decided I was ready for the challenge - had my coupons, my list (made from my weekly menu), the sales flier and off I went. We average $100 a week on groceries so that's all I took....My bill was $114 BEFORE she rang my Kroger Plus card and coupons...final bill...$76.44!!!! YAY ME!!! I was SO excited!! Got everything on the list - plus stocked up on some stuff that was 10/$10 (you don't have to buy 10 to get those items for $1!!) I was soooo impressed with myself and when I got home hubs was pretty tickled too!

This afternoon hubs and I went to a near by "college town" - they have fabulous shopping and restaurants that our dinky little town doesn't - I went to Cato's just to try on britches to see where I was...Started this in April in a 26, TIGHT 26 I'm now in a 22!! YAY!! I didn't buy anything, just wanted to see. I'm down 38.5 pounds - so you'd think I'd have dropped more sizes than that - but all my weight is around my hips and rear and belly...working on it though! We ate at Logans and I had the Baked sweet potatoe and the health nut salad with my very own WS honey mustard dressing!! and Water...did eat 2 rolls and a bunch of nuts, but I'm ok with all that!!

Oh as for my videos - I have the Shred too - kicks my butt!!! I hate the jumping jack part, I got too much a'jigglin!! I also have Susan Powter Stop the Insanity VHS (way old, but love it - and love her!!) - couldn't figure out how to download the C25K on the Pod from the podcast link - but gonna get son to see if he can do it - not sure if I can run/jog as I've got some buggered up bones in my feet; but willing to try!

Gosh I've rambled like a crazy girl...sorry yall...enjoy the night!!

JanellBea
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Kristi - WAY TO GO!! Isnt it fun to shop and fit into smaller sizes!! I love to shop, especially outlet mall shopping. We are going to the lake next weekend and there is a fabulous outlet mall there - I will have so much fun! I love to bargain shop, so when I find something I love in a smaller size, I buy it and put it in my closet with the tags still on. As I lose weight, I keep trying on until it fits and then I rip the tags off! So, every 10 pounds or so I get to go shopping in my own closet.

I do not do the jumping jacks when I do the shred, no way-no how! I just do the best I can and go through the motions without leaving the ground. I remember Susan Powder too. I wish I had some of the old "Sweatn to the Oldies" videos by Richard Simmons - I wonder if he still sells them? They were so much fun!!!

Well, I am going to sign off for the night. My nephews are racing motocross tomorrow so it will be a fun day.

JanellBea
08-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Oh, I keep forgetting to ask if anyone is on facebook. If so, you can friend me. You can search for me under Janell Johnson Pottorff.

PaulaM
08-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Just found this new thread. I have been so frustrated with this site, it takes forever and two days to get a single thread to come up, so I quit posting. I've lost 22 lbs, still hanging in here. September 1 is my birthday so I'm not going to stick to it on that day, sorry. I've been exercising two and a half hours a day four days a week since last November, at my age that's enough for me. But I'm behind you all the way. haha

JanellBea
08-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Paula, I think it is really slow at times too. I just keep hanging in there and for me, it has gotten faster. That is a lot of exercise!! Wow, how do you do it? Are you one that loves to exercise, or do you make yourself do it? I have never been one that enjoys it, but I know I have to make it a part of my daily life to be healthy and strong. What type of exercise do you do?

goddessmeg
08-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Day 2 = Success!!

Well, I'm into day 3 (dont' worry, at some point I'll quit my daily count) and so far, so good!! Stayed completely on program yesterday and so far today too. I'm liking the food, but I don't think I'll even try the oatmeal (hot cereal brings back too many bad memories of suffering through it every morning as a child!) and get the choco cereal instead.

Kristi: Ican't PM yet either. I'm also getting into couponing. A CVS just opened right next to my work parking lot. So I clipped my coupons this AM and I'll do a big shop there tomorrow before I come home from work. I've read the saving blogs on how to do it, so I think I'm set! My friend takes what she "saves" in coupons each week and puts it aside for her kids. Then she uses the money to pay for their trips to AZ to see her parents. Great idea, no?

Paula & Janell: I find the site super slow too. I keep hoping it will get better but so far no luck!

Kristikins
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
slow for me too - today it was a bit quicker, but for about a week it's been rediculous!

Janell - what a great idea to bargain shop for smaller sizes and then when you get to that size, you are all ready with some outfits...Glad to know that I'm not alone in the no-jumping jack shred!!

Paula - WOW that is a ton of exersize..I'm interested to know if you love exersize or if you just make yoursef too...I'm not a lover of it, but know if I don't do it -I'll stall like crazy!

Meg - WTG on your successful first few days! We don't mind at all for you to post your daily count!! Your enthusiasm is adorable and contagious!! So keep it coming!!

I'm on FB too: Kristi Curtis Judkins, Janell - I'll look you up next time I'm on there!!

Waterwoman64
08-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Paula and anyone else that is having probs. with slowness of the website. Since I am not experiencing the problem, it is either 1) that it has always been slow and I have just not noticed - Ha! or 2) have Adblock Plus that helps alot.
Also, Paula, since you are already exercising 4 days a week, and every other day is all that is required for the challenge you are already doing more than us!
Anyway, it is up to you on whatever way you want to do it. Big congrats on your 22# loss!!!
Jannell - I have gotten videos and books both on Amazon.com.......you might find that old Richard Simmons one there.
I have not heard anymore from anyone about the extra points for staying OP and getting water in for the Challenge. What's the consensus? I am okay with that if everyone else wants to. That way we would be going for 3 points every other day and 2 points on the other two. So that would add up to a maximum of 16 possible points per week. Right?

Waterwoman64
08-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Of course, I forgot stuff on the last post.......will try again.
Goddess - We like hearing from you and you do not have to apologize for your 'daily report'! Just glad to hear things are going well for you and it helps all of us to stay accountable.
Kristi - Yay!!! on your shrunken size!!! It is a cool thing to be that much smaller........just think, I would bet you will be in a size 18 by the Holidays.......it is entirely feasible! Then, with all that moolah you are saving on groceries you can save up for a new wardrobe!!
It's funny - I am always using that phrase "Big Wiener"! Speaking of which...
The Challenge again. Am not sure, but there must be some Noteriety for being the winner of the

Waterwoman64
08-29-2010, 09:45 PM
oooooooooooooPPPPS! Don't know how I managed that, but poked something wrong and my message posted in mid-sentence. What I was going to say is that there must be some Noteriety for being winner of the FIRST 3FCWS CHALLENGE! Maybe we could bribe Kristi into crafting the certificate! However, if you are the winner, Kristi, someone else would have to do the certificate for you.
Maybe we should seek out our moderator to find out how these things work exactly?

JanellBea
08-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I have been on other support boards where the winner gets to fly a fun banner. It is also fun to have a weekly winner that gets to 'wear the crown' as they say. Us newbies can't have signatures until we have 20 days and 20 posts under our belts, but can after we have met those requirements. I am ALL about prizes:)

So, how about points for exercise, points for water, and points for eating on plan? Is that too complicated? Just a suggestion.

Kristy - great to see you on facebook - you have a beautiful family.

Kristikins
08-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I'd love to be "in charge" of the weiners certificate or goody prize or whatever!! But if it's me (and it SO will be :D somebody else better step in!!)

I'm all for points for it all...that's just more of keeping accountable!

Janell - Thanks!! I love my family :D I didn't have time to browse your pics, but your profile pic is adorable - yall look soooo happy!! I think it's fun to really "see" other folks instead of just an avatar pic! But you are beautiful in both!! I don't get to FB as much as I'd like to - just a quick post every once in a while and might have time to read all the updates on everyone - but most of the time not :( Dang job!

Yall have a good day - I've got to get busy!

goddessmeg
08-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I have a tiara sitting on my desk (every woman should have one!). I could wear it in honor of the Challenge winner!

Day 3 went well. My "lean" meats these next couple of days won't be so lean. I have ribs in the crockpot for tonight. I did broil off (some of) the fat first. I had a t-bone steak thawed for last night, but DH wasn't hungry when I was so I had a left over pork chop.

I purchased a Single Serve blender and have it in my office now so I can whip up my shakes whenever I need to. I forgot my little container of milk for my cereal and it's just not the same dry!

jyoyo78
08-30-2010, 12:56 PM
The points thing sounds good for the challenge. As for the staying OP thing...would that be eating WS style? Or staying OP for the "style" we've chosen for ourself? As for me, I've been mixing the WS with South Beach...so I'm not strictly WS. Thoughts? Also...how much water? The straight 64 oz? Or just whatever we decide for ourselves? Ugh..so many questions...ha ha ha.

It past challenges I've done, the winner/wiener got to have a crown as their avatar for a certain period of time....until they were de-throned :o) I'm fine with something like that.

Kristi/Janell....I don't do the jumping jacks either...I do more of a jog in place type thing while I move my arms up and down...jumping jacks kill my shins too much. I get terrible shin splints.

Kristi - as far as not running/jogging for the couch to 5k stuff...just walk briskly, then slowly....as long as you're getting your fanny off the couch and out of your craft room...that's all that matters :o) You can build up to the jogging.

Weekend was fun. Went away to a Keith Urban/John Mayer concert. There was a lot of drama with the people I went with, but that aside, it was fun. I want to go back to a concert there....without them next time...he he he

Today is my b'day!!! Woot, woot!! Going to lunch with a friend today, then going to dinner with my parents tonight. I will be as good as possible...no promises...thankfully the challenge doesn't start until Sept. 1 :)

PaulaM
08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Somedays I love it more than others! Mostly I do it because of how it makes you feel afterwards! I used to be a gym rat in my 20s and 30s, then we moved to CA and I had a three hour a day commute. I exercised at various gyms at lunch time but finally it got to be too much and I quit. That's how I gained all this weight, cause up until then I ate pretty much what I wanted to. Stupidly once I quit exercising I kept on eating the same, plus getting older and now menopause. Don't do like I did, get it off at an earlier age cause it's slow going now. As for what I do, I joined the Y. My typical workout is half an hour on the treadmill, interval speeds, so it goes faster and slower and goes on an incline and flat. I find that is helping more than just doing the same speed all the time. Once a week I take a Zumba class, it's an hour and it's FAST, but so much fun. If you can try it out I think you would all love it, you're just dancing and forget how hard you are working. Anyway, first I do treadmill, then circuit training with all the weight machines, and then I go and swim in the pool to cool off, but I found I could do more and more laps all the time so that's helping too. If you hate to exercise but can dance or swim I think that makes it so much easier. I have to have my R and B and funk music on my iPod for the treadmill or I would pass out from boredom.

I'm so glad we have this thread, so many nice people and it encourages us to stick to it.

jyoyo78
08-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Almost forgot...someone asked about how you know how many posts are in a thread. Look at the top right hand corner of someone's post. You'll see the number sign (#), then a number....for instance this post is #30 (unless someone posts before me while I'm trying to get this typed) :) The font is white on my computer screen...so I can barely see it...but it's there...hope that helps.

JanellBea
08-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Paula, thanks so much for the exercise tips - I know it is something I must learn to enjoy to keep the weight off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOYO!!!! Hope you had a fantastic day!!!

As far as the challenge goes, I LOVE the idea of the crown as the avatar - like you said, every girl needs a crown:) I am open to whatever everyone else wants to do - Sept 1 is almost here!!!

pinkpoodle
08-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi, I am new here but wanted to join this topic. I have read most of the last wonderslim #3 but am still reading through it and hope to read through the first 2 threads also.
My name is Shannon. I am doing the New lifestyle diet ( it is just the wonderslim stuff under another name and I acutally have ordered stuff from the wonderslim site when I ran short on a few things).
I started on june 9th 2010. I have lost right about 30 pounds. I have heard of people losing lots very quickly but mine has been slower. I am ok with that. As long as I am losing. I have gotten quite a bit of motivation, inspiration and ideas from reading the past posts here on the subject and I would love to join you all in your challenge and weigh ins etc.
My main downfall has been lack of exercise....I need to start that and I think that will help a lot.
I started at 245 pounds. I am down to 215 now. I am only 5 foot 2 and want to lose at least 100 pounds total ( goal weight of 145, even though that is still above what the charts say I should weigh)
Anyways, I guess I better make an intro..My name is Shannon. I am 39 years old. I live in Tucson arizona. I am married. I have 4 kids ( 22, 19, 13 and 8). I am going to be a grandma in december. I have a poodle and a chihuahua that I adore and they are 2 of the best companions I could ask for.
I have struggled with my weight all my life but this has been my all time high. I got to the point where I was telling myself that I would just be obese forever and that it was ok...but I just kept gaining more and more and started having health issues related to the weight. I stopped going out, I do not like anybody to see what I look like, I just feel like I stopped living my life. I had thought of having weight loss surgery but am afraid to do so and figured after trying just about every other diet possible that this would be my last ditch effort to get this weight off.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Thanks
Shannon

jyoyo78
08-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Welcome Shannon...so glad you found us. We all seem to post pretty regularly...so join in the fun! :) Noticed you said you need to do the exercise thing, well so do the rest of us, so make sure you read up on the exercise challenge...starts on Sept. 1...so get in gear girl!

JanellBea
08-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Shannon and welcome! Congrats on your loss, you are doing great! What is the cost comparison between NLD and WS? I am in the same boat as you with the exercise - don't like it - dont do it! I am excited about the exercise challenge to get my fanny moving! I have a friend who has a stables in Cave Creek, is that close to you?

Waterwoman64
08-31-2010, 02:00 AM
Joyoyo - :bday2you: - have been wanting to see this one forever!!! This is all of us singing you your bday song!!! You can exercise all that celebrating off on Wednesday!
Thanks for answering the # of posts question......I have never noticed that and was looking all over.
About the Challenge - I think the goal would be the recommended 64 oz. then don't get more points for more, just as one would not get more points for exercising more than 4 days per week, huh? Then OP to me would mean what I normally do for my program.......with NO Cheats. For example, today, I was totally OP all day, after dinner was over, had done shakes and all to reach my calorie goal. BUT then at 9:15 got the munchies......and something happened. Figured I could have a lite snack of about 60 calories that would not take me over by too much, and totally lost it......went back for more :?: Pretty disappointing - and also would not give myself credit for OP if we were on the challenge today. Would get a point for water and a point for exercise though as I began my swim aerobics this a.m.
How does everyone else think about that? The Crown Avitar sounds great too. Found a sticky where one group had a monthly challenge and it is on their wall for eternity of who the monthly winners were. We might just want to do something like that too if we haven't killed ourselves by the end of September!
:welcome3: to Shannon! You can share your New Lifestyle hints with us too. Congratulations on your 30 Lbs!!!!!!!!!!
Jannell - a fun banner would be cool too......Just think, you are only a couple of posts away from getting all the goodies!!!
Goddess -:queen: a real life Tiara - how neat is that! I haven't tried any of the cereals yet, know that Kristi is a big fan of them. Is the oatmeal different from regular oatmeal in nutrition content?
Paula - Your story sounds alot like me - at 40 my metabolism really took a flip! But, I too, wanted to continue eating like a kid at a carnival! With the subsequent weight gain, have been dieting and yo-yoing since. This really is the end of it all for me I hope and for all the rest of us too.
I know one thing for sure, that if I had this month long stall before meeting all of you, I would have given it all up weeks ago. Thank goodness Kristi gave me that 'little pep talk'.......:cheer3:

Xobella88
08-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone ! I am new to this forum I have been in search for a forum for wonderslim and am glad I finally found one!! I completed my first week and the scale is saying I gained ... I weighed in on day 3 because of exitement and I was down 2 lbs then weighed in on day 7 and I am up almost 6 lbs how!!!!! I'm gonna cry!!! I know my TOM is about to be here but that's such a big gain I am scarred to go on if I will keep gaining. Please help thnk u!!!!

Christina

goddessmeg
08-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow! Lots of action, between BIRTHDAYS and new peeps! Welcome!!!

I have to say, after 4 days OP, I am feeling really good. I realized that I've actually lost my cravings for carbs! Me, the person who would eat carbs only for the rest of my life!!!

A couple of challenges for me: every Tuesday, a group of us in the office go out for "Taco Tuesday." Well, the taco place is now closed, so we pick a different place. I put my request in for a place that does salads. Hopefully that will work out. If not, I put a "lunch" into my bag and I'll keep that here at work if they pick a place where I know I won't be able to get lean and green.

Tomorrow night DH and I have tickets to the baseball game. Not just regular tickets, but Event Suite tickets (thanks, DH's boss!!!). I suspect that there will be tons of (FREE) food there!!

Lastly, I have been stepping on the scale every AM and so far I've only lost 1.5 pounds. I know it's going to take time. My head knows it but my eyes want to see a 50 pound loss in 4 days!!!!

goddessmeg
08-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Guess who just spilled a vanilla shake down her shirt and pants???? Yep, me! Luckily I have a t-shirt here (from my work-out bag. Go figure, it was clean!!) and there wasn't too much on my pants!

JanellBea
08-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Goddess - you will smell like vanilla all day now - people will want to know what perfume you are wearing:)

Bella - did you weigh at the same time of day? same clothing? that does seem strange. Maybe your scale went kaput! I have a love/hate relationship with the scale, I need to wean myself off and only weigh once a week, but it is hard.

I'm ALL about 50 lbs in 4 days - when u figure it out - let me know, I'll pay BIG BUCKS!!!!!

Kristikins
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
WOO HOOO!! Anyone notice my ticker??? Finally it's moving again! I'm now down 39.5 pounds!! YAY!!! Getting closer to playing with my IPOD w/out feeling guilty :D !!!

Meg - I think having a real tiara is a wonderful idea...I may have to hunt one down - but it's gotta be really sparkly!! You are right the cereal isn't near as good w/out milk!! Keep hanging in there girl...

Yoyo - GREAT idea on speed walking instead of running or jogging - walking I can do, just not sure about the running..I'll be downloading the C25K app tonight to get started on that! So glad your concert was good, sorry you had to endure drama though - I HATE teenage drama (and that's what it usually boils down to!!). Hoping your next concert is better!! Oh...and you have a package on it's way to you!! :D

Paula - I LOVE R&B and funk...of course I LOVE disco too!!! And classic rock..that'll get my booty shakin!!

Shannon - Welcome to our group - I'm interested in knowing about your tips too!!! So bring'em on! So glad you're up for our challenge too! I think exersize is a hard thing for most of us to get into - hopefully with a little competiton we'll all be movin and shakin! As for your goal weight - mine is more than the charts too - but hey, ya gotta start somewhere right!! Congrats on your loss thus far! Keep it up!!

Water - I like the deets you've prepared for our challenge and totally agree with you - should be for "our" plan, water (64 oz) and movement! Woo Hoo..it's TOMORROW ladies!! I'm SO ready!

Christina - Hang in there, don't let TOM get you down! Don't weigh anymore until after that...just make sure you're eating enough - and be sure to write all your food down somewhere..join our challenge and re-evaluate in a couple weeks!!! You can do this...WELCOME to our group!!

JanellBea
08-31-2010, 04:26 PM
KRISTI - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Remiind me how long you have been on WS? Do you have an average weight loss per week? I am so ready to get started!!! I am looking forward to being at my goal weight by the first of the year - a New Year to really celebrate my new body!!!

This is my 20th post, so once I hit 20 days I will be a real member and be able to add fun stuff to my signature:)

Waterwoman64
08-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Christina - :wel3fc: and PLEASE don't give up. It seems as if most everyone has problems at their TOM it sounds alot like water bloat to me.......or maybe it could also be that scale thing. Just hang in there........keep up with your water drinking and plan and give it some time. Thanks for joining us.....and am reminding you that our September Challenge starts tomorrow.
Kristi - :broc: See.....just "thinking" about all that exercise got the scale going down for you! YAY! for you!!!!!
Janell - :carrot: 20 posts! You are a real member.......you were with your first post......now you will get the perks. It is so much fun to get all the goodies! and great to have you posting with us!
Know you are all set for tomorrow!
GoddessM- It sure is great to lose the cravings! Mine now are only psychological unless I have eaten one of the no-no foods......then the physical side effects of that stuff kicks in. Your BB game sounds great! Am sure you will enjoy it.....the free food (does that mean free of calories? ha)
Okay all.........I will be :swim: bright and early tomorrow a.m. when you are just getting out of your jammies!!
Watch out World.........here we come!:moped::woops::bike2::exercise::running:

JanellBea
08-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Water, LOVE your post!! How in the world do you get all those fun things? I love the little swimmer:) All I know how to do is smiley faces :) :) :) Tomorrow I will be dong the treadmill, I think I will walk this week and then start a new video series next week when we get back from our weekend get away.

So, do we just post our daily exercise minutes, water and if we were OP or not? Want to make sure I get things right.

See you all in the morning:)

Waterwoman64
08-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Hey Jannell - See where it says more at the bottom of the smiles after you go to advanced post? Well, there is soooooooo much more! I do get carried away sometimes! Glad to know someone else will too!
Well, we are all the writers of this challenge......so that is what I intend to do, will post exercise & time and OP and water consumed. Have gotten a little notebook and have been posting everyday to keep track of all of this and calories too.
I just hope everyone that possibly can will join in on the Challenge and Kelly, or Molly or whoever else.......even if you can only post once a week.......PLEASE
join in and get moving with us!!!!!!!!!

goddessmeg
09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Good Morning Gals! Happy 1st of September to us all.

I'm feeling great! I was able to have a salad for lunch yesterday (even tho the dressing was blaaa. I need to find individual packets of dressing). And as of this morning, after 5 days on program, I have lost 3 pounds!!!! Now, I figure if God didn't want me to weigh myself every day, He'd wouldn't make me wait to get hot water in my shower!!!

mollymai
09-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey Jannell - See where it says more at the bottom of the smiles after you go to advanced post? Well, there is soooooooo much more! I do get carried away sometimes! Glad to know someone else will too!
Well, we are all the writers of this challenge......so that is what I intend to do, will post exercise & time and OP and water consumed. Have gotten a little notebook and have been posting everyday to keep track of all of this and calories too.
I just hope everyone that possibly can will join in on the Challenge and Kelly, or Molly or whoever else.......even if you can only post once a week.......PLEASE
join in and get moving with us!!!!!!!!!

I will join the challenge. I wear a gowear fit which is just like the bodybugg. I will get my stats from there and post it.

Also concrats to all the losers and welcome to everyone that has recentky joined.

Kristikins
09-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Good morning ladies! I have officially made it to 40#'s!! Yes I know I weighed two days in a row...but like Meg said, "if God didn't want me to" :D....

Janell - I began my weight loss journey on April 16th. It was with my local doctor - and was much like WS - only I had 2 shakes (150 cals each) and 1 bar (avg 150 cals) and my own L&G meal of 550 cals per day. I weighed in with her every other week and restocked on food. It was a 12 week program and I was down 28 (I believe) when it ended. I then jumped into WS on July 12th and am now at 40 total lost! I enjoy the WS more than docs stuff cause I'm able to eat every couple hours so I don't feel like I'm starving myself! I would have an average loss per week - but I weigh so often - I guess if I counted it out it'd be about 2 pounds per week just on WS...BUT I've not been exersizing like I should - so this challenge is gonna get this fat that's left to melt right off!! Congrats on your 20 posts!!

Water - WOOHOO Challenge Day 1 is finally here!! So far so good - but it's only 9:18AM here :D ...How early do you get up to do your water aerobics/swimming??? Wish we had a Y here that'd be SO much fun! Oh and I like your little busy smily guys too! I don't usually go hunt them down for some reason...

Meg - WS has a WONDERFUL Honey Mustard dressing - it comes in individual packets - 14 packs to a box around $7 or so dollars per box...it is absolutly wonderful! I'm a huge fan of creamy dressings and HATE the vinegrette's - I'm NOT a vinegar person (don't like pickles, olives, kraut, etc)...but this dressing is awesome and only 28 calories per packet! It's great for a dipping sauce too!! I ordered 3 boxes of it a couple weeks ago! If I know I'm going out to eat I'll throw a packet in my purse and I'm ready for anything!! Love the hot water thought - I agree with ya! I can't stay off the scale either, but I try not to obsess about what I see - most of the time!

Christine - are you still hanging with us???

Hope Kelly's doing good...missin her!!

Hump Day girls...enjoy

PaulaM
09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi girls, just checking in. Today is my birthday so I'm going to a lovely fish restaurant, their salmon is fantastic! Everybody hang in there, we are doing it!

Kristikins
09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
:woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Paula!! Hope you have a great day and enjoy your salmon tonight!!

FYI girls...DD has WS cereals on sale this week!!! I've got my order in!!

LindseyLouWho
09-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey ladies!

After a long hiatus (probably over a year) from posting on 3FC, I'm back and trying Wonderslim, since I gained a few lbs this summer while I was in Belize and Costa Rica for study abroad programs and want to get it in check RIGHT NOW. Haha. I've also been kind of stagnating when it comes to weight loss in general, just because of life stuff and not being committed.

That's why I'm trying Wonderslim. I figured it would be just the thing to get me recommitted to weight loss since it's so structured and is easily adaptable to a busy lifestyle. I got my stuff yesterday and started officially today, so yay! So far so good, and I've tried a couple of the shakes and the oatmeal and they've been tasty. The shakes I noticed are a little gritty unless you let them sit for a minute after shaking vigorously.

Anyway, I'm a pretty busy college senior right now, so I might not be able to keep up with all of the personal responses like many of you, but know that I am always reading (and have been lurking for a few weeks now)!

jyoyo78
09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Welcome Lindsey!! Glad you've decided to join in after lurking for so long :)

Congrats on the loss Kristi!! Woot Woot!!!

Okay...it's challenge day ladies!! Get off your arses and start exercising....otherwise I will be wearing that crown of weight loss jewels!! Yeehaw!!

If the weather holds out, I will be walking to my C25K music on my lunch break. I really hope I can do that everyday...although living in Washington, I know that ain't gonna happen....rain, rain and more rain is what our Falls and Winters are like.

Ok...also, eating on plan today!! Ugh!! Which for me means...no sugar and no bad carbs...as in white stuff. I do allow myself brown rice, whole grain, blah, blah. That's where my whole WS mixed with South Beach comes in to play ;)

I need to fill up my water jug too..make sure I get those 64 oz down...Lord knows I've downed enough coffee today!

All for now...I'll check in later!

Kristikins
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Lindsey - WELCOME to our group! WS is a great way to jump start your loss and get you back on track!! Did I see your starting weight correctly?? How'd you loose that?? That's pretty impressive girl!! As for gritty shakes..you MUST try them in a blender!! I use the Hamilton Beach single serve blender and add ice - YUM! Makes'em frothy - I also squirt in some S/F DaVinci flavored syrups - double YUM!! Belize and CR?? WOW!! Bet that was some beautiful terrain!! What are you studying?? Good luck to you - sorry for all the questions, but "inquiring minds want to know :D"

No way YoYo - that crown is MINE!!! I downloaded the c25k app last night - won't get to do it today though :( had lunch with hubs (i love that guy) and we have church tonight...

It's about an hour till quittin' time!! YAY!!!

JanellBea
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the new posters! I love all the activity here.

Lindsey - Congrats on your great loss, did you do WS before? You are an awesome motivation for me!!!

I did my exercise today (30 min on treadmill) and already have my 8 glasses of water in - yeah! How would you like to report? Daily? Weekly? A separate post just for stats? Is there one person who will keep track of points? Oh, so many questions.....

LindseyLouWho
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Since Kristikins and JanellBea asked, I lost the bulk of my weight just by counting calories and trying to eat a balanced diet full of fruits, veggies, healthy fats, lean proteins, and whole grains... that kinda deal. However, I kind of found that I was a little obsessive with counting calories to the point where I felt like it was harming my relationship with my boyfriend. It's kind of complicated, but basically I was letting it interfere with my social life and I honestly was not at all happy.

As an alternative, I decided to just try eating when I was hungry and stopping when I was satisfied, which worked out great. I even lost quite a bit of weight that way while still eating calorie dense foods. HOWEVER, I'm also a major stress eater, so whenever life stress came around (MCAT studying, applying to med schools, being in a foreign country for an extended period of time), I would snack even when not hungry, which is how my weight loss sort of stagnated and even crept up quite a bit this summer while I was away. So that's why I decided I needed to go "back to basics" by doing a calorie controlled, structured diet like Wonderslim to give me the confidence that I used to have that I can stick to an eating plan and successfully lose weight.

After I get back to where I was last November, which is the weight you see on my profile, I'll decide if I want to lose another 20 with Wonderslim or if I'd rather try intuitive eating again. It may all depend on whether I get bored with the WS foods or not. :P

And back to Kristikins other question, I'm an International Studies major with a minor in chemistry and I'm hoping to go to medical school next fall. In Belize, I was on a health team with a group near the Guatemalan border. I did a study abroad program required for my major in Costa Rica. Both countries are very beautiful, but Costa Rica is a lot cooler temperature wise in most places (but rainier right now!), which made outdoor activities a lot more pleasant.

MutableParadox
09-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Still here. Flying by. 2 more days til vacation then you can expect an overload from me =P

Glad to see everyone is doing well!

LindseyLouWho
09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Quick question for you chickadees. For the puddings, have any of you tried making them ahead of time and then letting them sit in the fridge to get cold? This is the way that normal Jello pudding or something would be made, but none of the packages seem to list this as a prep method. I'm worried that the thickeners aren't that stable and I might end up with cold runny liquid or something if I let it sit for too long.

MutableParadox
09-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Quick question for you chickadees. For the puddings, have any of you tried making them ahead of time and then letting them sit in the fridge to get cold? This is the way that normal Jello pudding or something would be made, but none of the packages seem to list this as a prep method. I'm worried that the thickeners aren't that stable and I might end up with cold runny liquid or something if I let it sit for too long.

I'm not sure, but I might try this tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Waterwoman64
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Lindsey - Hi. The only pudding that I ever tried.....which was early on was the chocolate marshmallow. It sat in the frig. and kinda got forgotten and got a crust over the top like regular pudding will. Don't know if it had been in there too long (probably 4 days) but I did not like it at all.
However, I adore the cheesecake and make it in a shaker cup that has a cover. It does not get a hard film over the top........and is YUMMY!!!

Waterwoman64
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Janell - you have brought up some good questions about the challenge. I did find in the Over 50's support group a sticky where they are doing a Sept. challenge. Their moderator posted her goals (they are doing a 4 point thing) and then said to please make one initial post for yourself (on the sticky area), then edit it each day.
She has the goals at the top of her post and then the days laid out. It looks kinda like this:
3FCWS Sept. Get Movin Challenge
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes every other day
2. Stay OP with your eating
3. Get in at least 64 oz. of water per day

9/1 - I swam for 1 hr; 1 stayed OP and drank 105 oz. water today = 3 points
9/2
9/3, and on down. Here would be my problem........I don't know how to start one of these sticky's for us. But that would be ideal. So we need one of these computer savvy gals who would know how to make us a sticky to start us out. You can go to that site to see what she has done if you need clarification.

JanellBea
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, I tried and couldnt figure it out. Do you have to be a moderater to start a Sticky? We could just start a new thread called the WS September Challenge?

LindseyLouWho
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
I believe you do have to be a moderator to "sticky" things. I'd recommend starting a new thread and just subscribing to it, since they usually only sticky articles that will be useful for months/years. But it doesn't hurt to ask, I suppose!

jyoyo78
09-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about water....but I don't know how to make a sticky...I'm assuming you'd have to be a site moderator or something of that nature.

@Lindsey - I've only made pudding a couple of times but it didn't seem to set all that much either time. I've never tried this...but seems like someone else did a while back...putting it in the freezer...apparently it makes a sort of ice cream'ish treat. Don't take my word for it, but it's worth a shot I guess.

@Mutable...can't wait for you vaca so we can start hearing from ya again :)

I'm so stinkin' proud of myself today. I've already had over 64 oz of water, I did a half hour of C25k and I've been eating OP ALL DAY LONG!!! I was even offered salt water taffy and I turned it down! Go me!!! It's only 730...so i won't claim my 3 points yet, cause I don't want to jinx myself....but I'm awfully close to three points!!

Waterwoman64
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Okay, did it........thanks Janell and Lindsey and Jyoyo.
It is called the WS September 'Get Movin' Challenge. and you will find it under our Wonderslim #4 place. If everyone posts once and then edits daily, or whenever they can fill in their days it should work out .
So if you guys are still online and can jump in on the challenge thread yet tonite, it would be great! Or whenever you think you can claim your points Joyoyo - ha!
I think you are going to do great!

jyoyo78
09-01-2010, 11:11 PM
awesome water! gonna go find it now :o)

JanellBea
09-01-2010, 11:12 PM
YOYO, I am SO STINKN' PROUD OF YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!! We need to take the time to pat ourselves on the back and say, "you know what, I did GOOD today"! Good for you!!!!!

I am going to go post on the challenge thread and then head to bed. Great day 1 everyone!!

Kristikins
09-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Good morning girlies!!

Lindsey - Good luck with your studies...sounds very interesting...and quite stressfull...but we're here to help you with that part!! I've never made the puddings at all so I can't give an opinion...I think I'd try it though, the worst thing that could happen would be that you'd have to choke it down or throw it out..or maybe if it didn't set - it'd at least be COLD so you could reblend it and drink it! You are an awesome inspiration and proof that perserverance pays off!! So glad you're here!!

Kelly - GREAT to see you!! These next 2 days will fly by for ya and unfortunately so will your vacation :( but you will SO enjoy being off!! I'm looking forward to seeing you more!!

What's up with you girls changing your avatars?? I had to do a double take to make sure you were who you said you were....did I miss the memo on changing mine?? :D

I'll have to find that challenge site...but I did earn 2 point for yesterday...no time for movin with church and all...but today I'll get those 3!!

May be having some good news to share in a few days about the J-O-B hunt...fingers crossed!! Just sooo much to consider!!

Goin' to find the challenge...later gaters!

goddessmeg
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Good Morning, Ladies!

Well, the baseball game was Great last night. I was able to have salad with a chicken tender on it. But then I had another chicken tender and a slice of a quesadilla. :mad: I skipped the "adult" beverages and had water. I even kept walking when I saw the lavish dessert carts outside the door. This was a very swanky suite. I now know how the other half lives!

:?: Any suggestions on fiber products? I know I need to add something to my diet, but I don't want it to be "harsh" if you know what I mean. I have a coupon for Phillips' Colon Health Probiotic + Fiber, but I'm open to whatever works.

JanellBea
09-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Good Morning Ladies! It is almost Friday!!! Hubby and I are heading to the lake tomorrow for a wonderful long weekend away. Hubby is also looking for a new job and is going to have an interview at the hospital at the lake, so we are super excited. We have always wanted to buy a lake house there and now we may have the opportunity to actually live there:)

Kristi - can't wait to hear about the job possibility, keeping fingers crossed!

jyoyo78
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow, jobs everywhere...my DH is having a job interview today. Fingers crossed that they offer him enough money to get him away from where he is now. Right now he drives and hour and twenty minutes ONE way to work...ugh!! We gotta get him closer to home! Good luck on the job stuff Kristi and Janell's hubby :)

Question about the exercise portion of the challenge. What is the maximum points we can "earn" for exercising? I know the rules say every other day...but what if I skip two days....but then work out two days in a row...know what I mean? So is the max 3 or 4 points a week? Sorry for all the Q's....I'm anal, I know!!

Waterwoman64
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Yay! See that people are finding the Challenge thread........
Those still missing that said they would be up for the challenge are: GoddessMeg, Molly, Shannon, Pink Poodle.....and how about you too Lindsay?

This moving is really going to help me for sure and it is so much fun to have all of us doing it together! It would be great if everyone that posts here would join this challenge........the more the merrier! :carrot:

Kristi - just had to let ya know.......I saw that Kelly had changed her avatar and I decided to update mine too for September! This is the month of changes - scale, behaving better, etc. and thought it would be good to get my area cleaned up. Saw two avatars that I really liked that had to do with swimming or swimsuits, but they were both guys ......so that would not quite do. The one that is the girl you already have........:^: Anyway, am thinking of this chickie with her beach towel.

Jyoyo - I personally don't care how you get your four days in......my thought is that if you want to do it four days in a row or however in order to do 4 times in a week that should be sufficient. This is all mainly to get us moving:ebike:

GoddessMeg - your suite experience sounded great!!! The best part of it all was the awesome self-control you showed at the food (and beverage) offerings!! Meg - WS has a bar with fiber and I think that Kristi takes something.......I have never had to take anything extra so can't tell you from experience, but am planning to order the bars next time around.

Am :crossed: for all the job seekers out there.......sounds good for everyone.

jyoyo78
09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Jyoyo - I personally don't care how you get your four days in......my thought is that if you want to do it four days in a row or however in order to do 4 times in a week that should be sufficient. This is all mainly to get us moving:ebike:

So four points.....got it! Just want to make sure in the end I didn't add up more points than everyone else was allowing themselves. Cause I'm gonna win this thing fair and square!! lol

LindseyLouWho
09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Waterwoman, I think I'm going to sit out of the challenge this go round, just because I don't want to put any extra pressure on myself! I do plan on posting here to keep myself accountable, though. Good luck to the rest of you ladies, though, and maybe I'll join you next go round when I'm more used to WS.

Speaking of which, I was totally, 100% OP yesterday with Wonderslim's program. No extra exercise for me, but I do make it a point to park on the top (4th) level of the parking garage at school and to use the stairs. I try and work in little things like that, since exercise has always been super hard for me to get into unless it's an outdoor activity like hiking, which I usually only have time for on the weekends.

Kristikins
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
AAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh Lunchtime!! I went and did my Week 1 day 1 of C25k..OMG...kicked my butt!! Not to mention that it's 87 here today - a LOT cooler than it has been being, but still 87 with NO SHADE/NO CLOUDS/HIGH NOON all around that walking trail (needless to say I need to change my undies now) :running: It measures 3/4 mile and I went around 1 3/4 times in that 30 mins! I was pretty tickled! I can totally see how training like this can get you in shape and build endurance!

As for fiber - I drink metamucil everynight! I know, that's quite an "old lady remedy" but it works and it's not really bad - the berry kind anyways.

Got to tell yall a funny about hubs...we car pool to work everyday except Thursdays (cause he's in a cycling club and needs to get home in a hurry to meet up with those guys)...Wednesdays is his day to drive (the only day I'm willing to be w/out a car at work!) So he brought me to work yesterday, came and had lunch with me and at 5:00 i was waiting on the front porch of the office on him as I do every wednesday...5:10 no David, 5:15 still no David (convinced now that he's forgotten me and BOY will he be in BIG trouble) finally at 5:20ish he drives up. I said "did you forget me?", he just grinned and said "it's actually worse than that"...seems he was waiting on ME to pick him up. He was t the back door of his building right in front of his car...waiting and waiting - talking to a tenant there who'd almost convinced him that I was mad at him and was gonna make him walk home then it hit him...DUH...it was pretty funny!! Poor guy..now he see's how embarrassing it is when your brain doesn't work right!!! Welcome to my world!

jyoyo78
09-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh Kristi....that is SO funny!!! Thanks for sharing ;)

Were you able to download the C25K stuff that I had posted the link for? If so, how did you like the music? And congrats on getting in your walking!! Awesome!!! Your lbs are gonna melt away like ice cream on a hot day!! Woot!

Kristikins
09-02-2010, 05:33 PM
:D Yeah, never a dull moment in my house!!

I wasn't able to sync that podcast to my Ipod for some reason. I could play it on my computer but couldn't get anywhere beyond that...so I bought the app and am able to use my own music!! I walked/speed walked to Adam Lambert - some Flashdance soundtrack tunes - and some Footloose soundtrack tunes - oh and..appropriatly Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls!!! Yep - that fat's gonna melt off of me kind of like all my liquid was today :D it was HOT!!!

Have a meeting tonight at Sons school - to discuss his senior trip...they are going to IRELAND....couldn't yall just die!!! I'm hoping to go, just not sure if it's gonna work out for me or not...

Oh...and guess what showed up 4 days early...UGH...but I feel good - hopefully that surgery I had in March is kicking in and it won't be bad anymore!!

goddessmeg
09-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Kristi: Does your son need me to go along on that trip too??

Here's a funny for everyone. Part of our staff just moved into a big fancy $72.5 MILLIONbuilding (I work at a University). These people are really just customer service people, but they are paid better than those of us who do the real work. But I digress. Anyway, so they moved into the new building and we're left in the rotting building that doesn't even have a restroom on this floor (I get my exercise going up and down stairs!!) And there's signs up all over telling students to go to the new building. But they're a little wordy and students being students don't pay attention to them. So my boss and a couple of others were making signs for the lobby which is now darkish. They were reading off what the sign (Staff Only) said and I added: "Only pretty people allowed." Somehow I thought it was much funnier than they did!

jyoyo78
09-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Meg....they must not have thought it was funny cause they're ugly...ha ha ha...just kidding!! lol But that is funny :)

LindseyLouWho
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Just popping in to say... have any of you tried mixing your vanilla cream shakes with orange soda instead of water? I did that today with a little bit of ice and it tasted just like a creamsicle!

jyoyo78
09-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Yes, I have Lindsey...so tasty!! :o)

jyoyo78
09-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Kristi....got your package...thanks for the b'day gift ;) super cute and yummy for my lips...lol

JanellBea
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Hello Ladies! Loved the hubby story:)

I had a good day with exercise and water - so I am pumped! We are going out of town tomorrow and wont return unti Monday, but I am planning on doing a lot of walking to make sure I get those points.

Meg, what university do you work at? My hubby and I both graduated from Concordia in St. Paul.

Anyone watch the "Housewives" shows? I love/hate them. Not sure why I watch the trashy TV, but I do.

mollymai
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey ladies,

just want to inform you all that I will be backing out of the challenge, but I will continue posting.

goddessmeg
09-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Janell: I work for the U.

3.5 POUNDS LOST!!! That's my official weigh-in for the week. Of course a part of me wishes it was a higher amount, but I have to be realistic.

I'm also going to drop out of the challenge. I think/hope I will be doing all of the things, but I don't want the added pressure of having to keep track of it all. Besides, I can wear my tiara whenever I want!!

Kristikins
09-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Good morning girls!!

Meg - :D I'll be going on that trip too looks like!! YAY!! There's 11 kids and 9 grown-ups listed and the cost will be around $1500 per person - the kids have already planned some fundraising ideas to help out, so that's a good thing! Only 1 problem I can see - we have to pack in backpacks...ummmm I'm not really good at packing lightly...UGH!! Guess that means, no laptop, no crafting goodies and very little clothes! It's suppose to be chilly and rainy there during that time (spring), so I guess no need to worry about a hairdo either! Now to get passports - and save up all that dough!

I've not tried using diet soda's in my shakes...I'm not a fan of carbonation - does it stay fizzy or does the powder take some of that away??

Yoyo - You are very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

Janell - have a good trip!! Be safe and make good choices!

Molly - :( Sorry you won't be joining us on the challenge, guess you couldn't handle that I'm gonna win :D JK...we understand...just be sure to post here still!

It's FRIDAY..need I say more??

Kristikins
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Meg - you were posting the same time I was... CONGRAT'S on your loss!!!3.5 is GREAT girl!!! We all want it to be more, but you are right...we have to be realistic or else we set ourselves up to fail for sure!!!

:( sorry your're not challenging w/ us too....

LindseyLouWho
09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I hope no one here is/will be having much trouble with Earl! Just a few showers here.

Goddess, congrats on your weight loss! That's great! Hopefully next Wednesday I'll have some good numbers to talk about too. :)

Janell, I don't watch the Housewives show, but recently (like the last week), I have watched a few of those terrible MTV reality shows like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom. I must say that although the drama was a novelty at first, I don't know if it could keep me entertained long term... Haha. I liked Teen Mom though, for some reason. I guess because it's more realistic and down to earth?

Kristikins, that trip sounds like lots of fun! In terms of packing light, what I've recently found useful is rolling all of my clothing so that the space in the bag is used more efficiently. Might be something to try if you haven't before. About carbonation in sodas, the shake was a teeny bit fizzy, which I could see some people as not liking. You could always let the soda go flat in the fridge for a while before using it to avoid that problem. In fact, I might do that just to avoid any weirdness that having that much carbonation in a closed vessel like my smoothie attachment for my blender might cause.

As far as me, two days on plan so far! I did have a little sugar free jello yesterday, but according to WS I can have as much of that as I like. I made the hot cakes this morning for the first time and I must say that I was very impressed! I made them exactly as the package called for and the pancakes turned out light and fluffy. The texture might even be better than most from-scratch pancakes I've made at home... Haha.

Tomorrow I go to the salon for a hair cut and eyebrow wax (LONG overdue... Haha) so that I can look presentable for my med school interview next Friday. I'm pretty excited about that whole process, but I'm also a little nervous!

ibme
09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Hello,

I hope you guys can help me- I am confused as to how to do the program :dizzy::?: I see the instructions on the DietDi$ect website, but it doesn't sound like the way you all are doing it??? It seems like alot of you are tweaking the plan? I was doing Medifast 5&1, but I soooo like the taste of Wonderslim compared to Medifast! I want the same results as Medifast, so do I have to tweak it too?

Do you eat the starch? Is anyone doing a version of Medifast's 5&1 but with Wonderslim products? I looked at doing that, but WS products are higher in carbs and some are lower in calories.

I am totally confused..help! :dizzy::dizzy:

Also, what about fat servings and things like Jello? I saw someone post that we can have Jello, but I cant find that info :( I didn't buy a starter kit, I basically bought the wonderslim products that I have tried and liked.

PLEASE, can somebody help me figure out this plan-- there seems to be different versions and I am so confused :(

LindseyLouWho
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Ibme, I follow the instructions on the DietDirect website (under where the starter packs are) that you can find in the PDF which outlines the 1000-1200 calorie meal plan for women, including the starch at dinner and the fruit at my morning snack. Sugar free gelatin use is discussed in the "instructions" portion of that file. Others here tweak the plan to their goals/preferences. I do not know what sort of results you're getting on Medifast or what calorie levels you're currently on, but changing things might affect your results. That being said, if you like the taste of the Wonderslim products more, which plan are you more likely to stick with to reach your long term goal? Something to think about.

goddessmeg
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
ibme: I've been on the Wonder Slim plan exactly 1 week. I am basically following the plan that they have on their website, except I have moved the fruit from the AM snack to the afternoon snack (to keep me filled up). So my day looks like this:

Breakfast: a breakfast item (I do a cereal & 2 oz. milk) and a shake
AM snack: a shake
Lunch: soup or a lunch entree (w/ the veg. Joe, I eat 1/2 of an Arnold's sandwich thin), and a snack bar (I find I get hungrier w/ the soup rather than an entree)
Afternoon snack: shake w/ fruit
Dinner: Lean and Green meal
PM Snack: a dessert

I, too, wonder about tweaking it a little more since I'm fearful of getting tired of the shakes, but so far I'm not sure how to do that.

I am very pleased with this program. I have liked just about all of the foods and with eating every 2-3 hours, I don't really get too hungry. I've also lost my carb cravings!!! My DH had popcorn last night and I didn't have one single bite of it!!! That's about as amazing as a man walking on the moon!

Waterwoman64
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Lindsey - I understand - you really do have a full plate. Also, if you stay on plan I would bet you will reach your goal anyway by the end of next month for sure! It's just great you are posting and sharing with us all. Your Teen Mom reminded me of one of my favorite movies......Juno.
Kristi - Great Job!!! You probably sweated of 3 #s in that heat!!! Too funny about your DH story - it'll take awhile for him to live that one down!! The Ireland trip sounds absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!
Janell - Am sure you will have a great weekend at the lake.....good to hear your exercise is going well and that you have some planned for your time away too. Note - I Love all that "trashy tv" too.......the Housewives (East & West coasts)........all of it.
Jyoyo - your workouts really sound hard!!! Good going girl - keep it movin!!!
Molly - Will look forward to your posts anyway. If this challenge works out, maybe everyone will be up for another next month. It has really helped to re-motivate me and get me off my butt!.....or but, as in "But I don't wanna exercise!!" :)
GoddessM - YEA!!!!! You deserve to wear that tiara for those 3.5 Lbs. anyway! You know what? I still love the taste of the shakes. Loved the bathroom sign story! ha
IBMe- Looks like Meg & Lindsey have outlined it pretty well......A lot of the WS people have switched from Medifast.....think the plans are pretty much the same, aren't they? The WS just tastes better. My schedule is something going in the mouth every hour from 8 a.m. to 6 or 7 pm. Water every other hour, breakfast at 8am of shake & fruit or other breakfast selection; 9am water;10am shake or bar; 11am water; Noon WS supplement sometimes with a slaw type salad; 1pm water; 2pm shake; 3pm water; 4pm shake; 5pm water & 6pm dinner L/G. I love it that we are allowed a starch and usually have mine here, or sometimes switch dinner and lunch out. Being able to have a fruit (either alone or mixed into a shake) is a big treat too.

Sorry for the long post........but I missed yesterday :^:

mollymai
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Good morning girls!!

Meg - :D I'll be going on that trip too looks like!! YAY!! There's 11 kids and 9 grown-ups listed and the cost will be around $1500 per person - the kids have already planned some fundraising ideas to help out, so that's a good thing! Only 1 problem I can see - we have to pack in backpacks...ummmm I'm not really good at packing lightly...UGH!! Guess that means, no laptop, no crafting goodies and very little clothes! It's suppose to be chilly and rainy there during that time (spring), so I guess no need to worry about a hairdo either! Now to get passports - and save up all that dough!

I've not tried using diet soda's in my shakes...I'm not a fan of carbonation - does it stay fizzy or does the powder take some of that away??

Yoyo - You are very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

Janell - have a good trip!! Be safe and make good choices!

Molly - :( Sorry you won't be joining us on the challenge, guess you couldn't handle that I'm gonna win :D JK...we understand...just be sure to post here still!

It's FRIDAY..need I say more??

ROFLMA0:lol::joker:

Waterwoman64
09-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Kristi - I didn't see you posting on the Challenge board yesterday or today.......what a nag, huh? :rollpin: Know you are doing your stuff, cuz I read here about it......You just may win as hard as you are exercising at least on the scale:)
My friends gs went on a trip to England last year, and one of the things he did was rounded up yard work. Everyone says you never see kids doing that sort of thing anymore, and it seems to be true..........so he made a $wad$ doing that. Of course, they all did the old group car-wash thing too, but I think his yard business brought him in the most $$.

Lindsey - the SF jello is yummy........we have that alot! Also, I will add about a tea. of the dry sf jello (orange) to my vanilla shake........probably would be alot like the orange soda one you do. There really are many ways to perk up that vanilla, so I always include at least a box in each order.

Hope everyone has a great week-end.........be safe! :dancer: and have fun/

jyoyo78
09-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Holy smokes ladies. I can NOT believe I stayed OP today...it was really difficult....but I kept telling myself I did NOT want to have to admit to another screw up. Yay ME!!! However, I didn't drink nearly enough water today...nor did I get off my rump, but whatever...tomorrow's another day. And I'm still gonna win the challenge, no matter what Kristi tries to tell ya'll...that crown WILL be mine!!! All MINE!!! buwah ha ha ha ha!!!

ibme
09-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all of the help! I don't know why I obsess about the rules of the program so much.. I think it is just my personality! I even went so far as to call Diet Direct's customer service yesterday and asked to be e-mailed all of the versions of their plan so I could obsess more lol

I am going to start the plan Monday as written and see how it works. I love the idea of having a starch and fruit!!

Have a great weekend!

goddessmeg
09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I just got back from grocery shopping. DH worries that I can do that and not be tempted. I've told him that my carb cravings are gone. But today was a little bit of a struggle.

But here's kind of a sad/judgmental story. I saw a rather Large woman picking up a package of cookies at the grocery store. And I thought to myself, "you don't need those, lady." Then when I left the store, I saw her in her van, already stuffing the cookies in her mouth. There, but for the Grace of God, goes I!!

Anyway. Kristi Here's my travel light secret: black clothes, light accessories (scarves are best) and a big bottle of Fabreez!! Seriously, I've traveling for a month at a time with 2 pairs of pants!!! And yes, I am proud of it!

mollymai
09-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all of the help! I don't know why I obsess about the rules of the program so much.. I think it is just my personality! I even went so far as to call Diet Direct's customer service yesterday and asked to be e-mailed all of the versions of their plan so I could obsess more lol

I am going to start the plan Monday as written and see how it works. I love the idea of having a starch and fruit!!

Have a great weekend!

LOL I did the same thing. I chatted with diet direct about that and they were no help. I was so used to the MF way and I wanted to use WS the same way, but it does not have all the nutrients and vitamins and I was sort of scared that I will be malnutrition. I had to learn that this plan is not 100% the same and I had to incorporate more than MF plan request.

Good luck and it will work as long as you work it.:)

LindseyLouWho
09-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey ladies! Pretty quiet over here on the weekends, which is pretty normal for 3FC from what I remember...

So far I've been 100% OP, or at least as far as the guidelines I've set for myself. I fudge a little and usually use more veggies in dinner than they call for and might use more "optionals" like salsa, but it's always within my calorie budget of 1200. The first day I went a little over, but it was due to my particular choices for WS products.

I really like that for dinner I got to have an entire can of tuna for my tuna salad under their program! It was really filling and I had it over a lovely bed of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. I tried these new Wasa Crisp n Light things with dinner... reminded me of a combination of rice cakes and styrofoam in texture! Haha. They tasted alright though, were large and only 20 cals a piece.

I am thus far THRILLED with Wonderslim. My mom is doing this program along with me, long distance from Texas, and she's really happy with it too. I guess it's working well because we both have quite the sweet tooth, so all of the shakes, bars, and puddings really sit well with us.

Sorry if my posts are a little wordy... Haha. I guess the newness of the program has turned me into a chatterbox. :lol:

JanellBea
09-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Hey Ladies! Checking in from the beautiful lake! Wow, the weather here is just amazing, hope you all are enjoying the same beautiful fall weather:) I have not been on plan with my eating, but have done plenty of exercise.

I can't remember if I told you, but hubby is interviewing for a job here next week, so we actually did some house hunting today. We looked at a beautiful home on the lake, with a fabulous deck and landscaped backyard that lead to a beautiful stone walkway down to the huge dock. The walk to do the dock and back was quite a workout. We climbed at least 75 steps one way - and it was SO steep. My calves will be burning tomorrow:) I will update my challenge page next.

As far as MF goes.... I am converting from MF to WS. I loved MF and the results are amazing. For health reasons, I cannot have that much soy - and almost all of the MF products are soy based. I love the taste of WS, love that it costs so much less and love the abundance of choices. I am however worried that I won't see the same results as MF since the carb count in WS is higher. I was very strict keeping my carbs around 70 on MF and it is hard to do that on WS. I am going to give it a go and WILL be 100% OP Tuesday.

BTW, I see a lot of smack talk on winning the challenge..... Did you not hear that I am going to be crowned victorious!!!!!

Mirtika
09-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Janelle,

Just be judicious. I know that with WS, low carbers need to stay away from the pasta stuff (high carbs). I cant' even understand why they have the mac-n-cheese, pasta alfredo stuff. Crazy. It's cheaper to buy store boxed mac-n-cheese, way cheaper, if one is gonna go nuts with carbs. The snack bars are pure candy. Don't bother if you want to keep to a low to no sugar plan. Read the nutritional info and go for the stuff that's more sensible.

As far as the fruit drinks: The BariWise ones are way way better than the WS ones, so consider those.

As far as fears of nutrition, get a solid, good multivitamin, particularly one that's two for a complete day's dose and split them between two meals. Most top quality multivitamins will cover what Medifast was supplying in shakes, etc.

I also worry a lot about that quantity of soy.

I don't do the WS Plan. I simply use WS and BariWise and Kay's Naturals and other DietDirect products in my attempt to increase protein and cut down daily carbs (though I got my latest batch of Kay's Naturals from Netrition.com along with some other low carb staples, like FiberGourmet high fiber, lower calorie pasta the Nature's Hollow sugar free breakfast maple syrup that's way better than anything Diet Direct has. Also like the Smuckers one.) The Kay's sweet BBQ snack mix is really fun, and the Bariwise biscotti make for a nice treat with the hot cocoa in the evenings (when I personally get my snack cravings)

Also, the BariWise smoothies were fine if you want more variety.

Waterwoman64
09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Jyoyo - I'm getting kind of scared now!:fr: You have stayed OP on a Friday...excellent! The weekends are always hard and especially holiday weekends. We all must have been nuts to start a challenge in a month with a holiday! The only problem here, from this month to the end of the year are all are holiday months.....eek! What are we gonna do?

Lindsey - great to hear that your only cheats are more veggies and extra condiments. You are sure to do well with this program. It's so neat that you are doing this with your mom. Can she post on 3FC too? PS - your posts are not too wordy at all.........I really enjoy reading them.

Janell - the lake really sounds wonderful - will keep our fingers crossed for your plans! :crossed: That must have been 60 oz. of water yesterday not 6, huh???!
Hopefully you will find the results you want with WS. How long did you do the Medifast and are you finding many of differences?

Mirtika - I really like your explanation of the word "diet". I have been dieting for wayyyyyyyy toooo long and this time round have wanted to stay way away from the word 'diet'. Have you seen the WS 3FC Sept. Challenge? You should jump in with us!:trampo:

:wave: to everyone else on WS!! or anyone else just 'lurking'...

jyoyo78
09-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Mirtika - thanks for the netrition info..they have quite a selection! I'm the same as you. Not following WS to a T, but using the products to supplement my eating throughout the day...doing the good carb - higher protein plan.

Janelle - living on the lake would be awesome! That's my dream location someday.

Water - unfortunately, weekends are my weakness too....last night was off plan...and have already been off plan today...ugh!! I gotta kick it into high gear here!!

Meg - I have a similar grocery store story. I had a box of those single serving healthy pop popcorn. There was a lady in line in front of me (she was severely overweight, in a wheel chair and was missing one leg..I was thinking along the lines of...diabetes related), she looked at them and asked if they were any good. I said yes, I liked them and it was nice to be able to make a single serving so I'm not tempted to eat a whole bag to myself. She said...oh no, I can't do that....I HAVE to have the whole bag to myself with the real butter. I just thought to myself....really??? That might be part of your problem. But then I felt bad for thinking that :(

Anyway...making roast for dinner, cut off as much fat as I could and will make LOADS of veggies to go with it. Now I need to drink some water!

Girls night last night, went to dinner at a brewery (very delicious meal), then went to a bar and sang karaoke all night!! It was SO fun! There were only like 3 other people besides us singing, so we got to sing lots of songs. Felt like a rock star! lol

goddessmeg
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM
There's a sale on DietDirect today only (code: LD10) for $10 off a min. order of $100. I just stocked up on cereals (which are .50 off) and puddings which I LOVE. I practically lick the bowl out!!!

I added SF cherry jello mix to my vanilla shake this AM. Yum!! I love all things cherry flavored so I'm excited by that.

This next week is going to be filled with challenges. Tonight we're taking the boys (my stepsons) out for dinner. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and DONUTS will be provided for our office. I have been wrestling with this alllll weekend. I would kill for a good donut. I think I will have to have one. Then Wed., DH and I will be gone all day, out of town, at a medical appointment (nothing serious!!). But doing WS will be impossible. So I'll just try to keep it all in check.

It's nice and cool here right now and I haven't showered yet. OMG, what's happened to me??!!! I think I'm going to take a walk!!!!!!

Mirtika
09-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I stocked up on hotcakes (love em, eat em every day just about), snacks (I had only a few of the puffs/chips), and oatmeal (which I finally figured out how to make taste great for me with some almond breeze). Also, the Bariwise fruit drinks (trying the Pineapple and the Mango Peach this time, as the others were pretty good). I plan to mix the pineapple with lite coconut milk and see if I can make a high-protein pina colada. :D

Happy Labor Day, ladies!

JanellBea
09-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Hello Ladies! I am home and ready to rock! I did well with my exercise and water ths week, but have not been doing the program, but tomorrow is the day!!

I am officially starting WS tomorrow, so I am sure I will need lots of support to get me through the first few days. If it is like MF, the first 4 days are a bear and then it is very easy - I hope it is the same with WS.

I am off to unpack and prepare for going back to work tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone.

goddessmeg
09-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Janell: I found the first 4 days to be cake! Hope it's easy for you!

LindseyLouWho
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Janell, I had the same experience as goddessmeg. They were pretty easy for me. I was never really hungry (and if I was I could have some sf jello), and I remember that I was just so excited to be trying all of the new foods. Hopefully you'll have a great experience too!

Waterwoman64
09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Jannell - the only thing I recall from those first days was a slight headache. Just be sure to keep your water intake up.......this is very important. Am sure you will do great!

GoddessM - Good luck with your challenges this week. But, a walk! See, you are already making better choices!

Kristi - Where are you girl???!!! I am really missing your posts!!!!!!

I really crashed and burned yesterday.......did have a short (15-20 min.) walk early in the a.m. with the pup, but it kind of slid downhill after that. Good thing today is another day. It is going to be super busy and that can be a mixed blessing. Will just have to plan and get everything in.
Hope everyone has a good one!

Kristikins
09-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm here, I'm here....WHAT A WEEKEND!!! Thanks for missin me Water!! So much going on - didn't have time to check in or even read up - so I had a page and a half to catch up on...had a crafting day at my house yesterday (spent Sat and Sun getting ready for it) with my Mom and a couple buddies from a nearby town. We had SO much fun!! (and of course had some groovy grub!) So my OP eating yesterday was a joke!!!

First off, let me say thanks to you ladies who are "light packing savvy!!"...those ideas are GREAT!! Although I've talked myself out of going on the trip and after my mother/son chat last night, I'm afraid he's not going either...I really want him to - I think it'll be a GREAT trip and he'll love it - somethings going on w/ him, not sure what it is yet though...he gave some blah blah about being on a plane that long over the ocean and not being able to see what he wants - has to stick w/ group, etc...yall, my son is ALL about FUN, always has been, so I'm really confused about his thoughts!! I told him he has until Friday to make his decision and he needs to really think about it - I KNOW he will regret not going - if I can just convince him of that!!

Lindsey - girl have you not noticed that we are ALL chatterboxes here??? That's part of what makes us da-bomb!!! :D so post away!!

Water - you asked what were we gonna do with all these upcoming holidays and our plans...we are gonna keep on going tha's what we are gonna do! Noses to the grindstones - no stopping...

Those grocery stories are quite sad yall! I have been that girl (ok, not the one missing a leg in a wheelchair) but I've been the one who buys a box of little debbies and scarfs'em in the car on the way home...I've also seen people that I want to introduce to WS, but then have to stop myself - cause it's not my place to point out the obvious to them, all we can do is keep doing what we can for ourselves and if you're fortunate enough to live in a small town (like me) people will notice the transformation and will ask us our story. Then we can tell them about WS and 3FC!

Janell - I hope the interview goes well for your hubs! The lake house you viewed sounds lovely - sounds like a perfect place to have a 3FC gathering - sittin on that big ole deck and we can race up and down those 72 stairs :D

Oh...and BTW...you girls are dreamin...dreamin I tell ya...VICTORY WILL BE MINE and I shall wear that crown with pride..and I really do want world peace ;D!!

jyoyo78
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, Kristi....at least you want world peace...and not whirled peas :D

Yes, a 3FC get together at the lake house sounds like what we need. So, hopefully Janell's DH lands that fab job so our dreams can come ture ;)

Okay...weekend is OVER...back to reality and to being ON PLAN. This weekend I was naughty. I actually wasn't THAT bad...but I definitely was NOT on plan. Plus, no exercise, no drinking enough water everyday...it was a flop! bleh!

First day of school for the boy this morning...big bad 8th grader this year. He comes out all dressed, asks me if I can "gel" his hair (I don't think he's done his hair all summer!) Then I go in the kitchen and he comes in a few minutes later and says, "smell me". So I oblige and say, "oh yeah, smellin' good". Then he says, "okay, do I look like I spent the summer in L.A.?" HA HA HA...what a little twirp! lol He spent like 6 weeks with his dad in LA and he thinks it was the coolest thing EVER!! This morning he was even wearing the sunglasses he got in LA...he had them hanging off the front of his shirt (it was pouring down rain this morning...ain't now way he's gonna need those things today). Sheesh....he'll be 13 on Saturday....I can already see the teenager NOW!

goddessmeg
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Gals, I am 1 stinkin' pound away from moving to "overweight" rather than "obese" on the BMI chart!!!!!

jyoyo78
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
That is SO awesome Meg!!!! WEIGH TO GO!!!

Kristikins
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
YAY MEG....That 1 stinkin pound will be gone in just a few days - you can count on it!!! WOooooHHhhooooo!!!

Yoyo - girl, you might as well get ready to hang on case the teen years will FLY by! Is he your only?? Oldest?? I don't wanna tell ya stuff you already know if you have or have had teens already!! Mine's 17..UGH...sometimes teen boys have just as much drama as teen girls - and most of the time is because of the teen girls :dizzy: That's funny though that you had to smell him, and gel his hair and even though it's raining, he had his shades :cool: what a cool dude! I bet the girls will OO oo and Aahhh over him today! Get ready for the stories!!

jyoyo78
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh yes, he always has stories....he's quite the ladies man already UGH!!! His girl drama started two years ago!!! Sheesh! He's my only child...I learned my lesson...lol..just kidding.

The years have already flown by...I can't believe I'm the mother to an almost 13 year old...makes me feel so old. I TOTALLY remember the 8th grade!! Now I have a kid in the 8th grade....yikes! Just so weird to think about sometimes.

The latest argument is what his bedtime should be....I let him compromise and his bedtime is now 9:30 on school nights...unless he gets bad grades, then it's back to 9:00. Hopefully that will be enough to get him to get good grades!! Which he is totally capable of, but is too lazy to put in the effort...drives me batty!!!

jyoyo78
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Didn't somebody on here say that they use a Go Wear Fit? How do you like it?

LindseyLouWho
09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone!

Nothing too exciting to post today. I've been completely on plan since I started doing Wonderslim and tomorrow is weigh day, so hopefully I will be happy with what I see! Tonight I tried out some fat free bleu cheese dressing, which I must say is a lot less awful than fat free ranch, which was nice... Haha.

JanellBea
09-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Hello Ladies! Day one and so far so good!

Meg - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby ate Chinese for lunch and his fortune cookie said, "Monday your dream will come true", well, the interview is Friday, so wouldn't it be amazing if they called Monday and offered him the job!

If we move there, you can definately all come down and sit on my big ole deck wth me - that would be so cool!!!

Waterwoman64
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Lindsey - hey, I agree that the FF Blue Cheese is "less awful' :D Have you tried to make any of your own dressings yet? Will look forward to hearing from you tomorrow .......... you can do the happy dance then!

Jyoyo - Think it is Molly who has the GoWear or the Body Bug. They really do look pretty cool. I just Loved hearing the back to school story!! It really takes me back to fond memories.......It sure will help you in your parenting to remember back like you do to what it was all like to be 13......that is unless you were one of those 'perfect kids'. ha. :cool: Your guy really does sound like he is the coolest! Hey, didja post on the Scoreboard yet today?

GoddessM - Oh - to just be Overweight again!!! My goal totally!! Bet you will be there by the end of the week too :carrot:

Kristi - Glad you had such a great weekend - it really sounds like you all had a blast! Now today, we are all back at it........and since we all kinda had some 'slippage' :^: over the holiday will be even more determined!
Sure hope your son comes around......most of us would be glad to sign up and pretend we are students and go with you!

Janell - Love that fortune cookie...........would be just great for it to come true!!
I want my fortune to read 'You will be thin and gorgeous before the Holidays'
he.he. Somehow, methinks your hubby has a better chance at his fortune!

Well, my luck........the pool is now going to be closed for renovation for 2 weeks.......so went to the library and rented the Walking videos that you guys talked about. If I like them, will go ahead and order them on Amazon or somewhere like that. I have to figure out how to hook up our spare dvd player on our other tv so I can do the treadmill while hubby watches baseball on the big tv. That hook-up may turn out to be a real trick...:tantrum:......think it would count as exercise??!!

LindseyLouWho
09-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey everyone!

I'll try and make a longer post later, but I just wanted to fly by and say that the scale was down 6 POUNDS this morning! :carrot:

Kristikins
09-08-2010, 10:15 AM
:cp: WOO HOO Lindsey!!! You go girl!!! All of your hard work and determination has paid off BIG TIME!!! AWESOME loss!!! So proud for you!!!

Water - I posted on the scoreboard today - and got me all set up for the next week too (which starts today btw)!!! As for my son, I think I'm figuring him out - seems he's hangin with a couple girls (only friends) at school instead of his usual ones (he goes to a private school, so there's only 13 kids in his class so it's not like there's a huge pool of kids to choose from - but they're all good kids for the most part) anyways, these two in particular aren't going on the trip and they are encouraging him to not go. Just got wind of that last night from another mom, so I'll be having another "talk" with him tonight about that!

Yoyo - I'm totally with you - I remember being, well, now a senior in HS as my son is - YIKES!!! I try to be understanding and open to his thoughts and opinions, but sometimes that's really hard - to listen and not comment!! Lets see, my Robby (sons name) has been a BIG sleeper since birth, yep, not lying, at 2 weeks old was sleeping all night. He is now 17 and still goes to bed between 8:30 and 9PM on school nights - his choice! We told him in 7th grade that the 8:30 bedtime could be bumped out to 9 (we were gonna see how that went and then extend it more the next year) but he still chose to disappear at 8:30. These days, even though he goes to bed at 8:30 or 9 doesn't mean he's sleeping - he's usually texting someone till 10ish...wow that's a lot of useless info for ya!! :dizzy: Anyways, he's our only too - so we've spoiled him rotten (or someone has anyway)...but he is a good kid, luckily!

I think I've mentioned before about the WS dressing - the honey mustard is FANTASTIC and only 28 cals!!! Yall should give it a whirl!!

Gotta get busy girls...yall have a good day - will be going to the county fair at some point today to get our booth set up...UGH...

jyoyo78
09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey everyone!

I'll try and make a longer post later, but I just wanted to fly by and say that the scale was down 6 POUNDS this morning! :carrot:

Yowsa!!! That is SO awesome Lindsey!!! So proud of you!! :dance:

jyoyo78
09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
So far so good on the 930 bedtime. My son is the same way...will listen to his ipod, text his dad/friends for a bit, or whatever. As long as he keeps his grades up and doesn't start giving me trouble in the morning with getting up, then he can keep his 930 bedtime.

I need to order more WS stuff...BAD!!! DH and I talked about putting ourselves on a budget last night. We have NO idea where all our money goes! It's totally ridiculous. We nickel and dime ourselves to death every month. Anyway...so I'm gonna have to figure out how to work in the WS stuff to my grocery bill...this should be interesting!

Also....Kristi....how do you "learn" how to coupon shop? I'm very interested in that...especially now that I'm limited in how much I can spend at the grocery store...no more tossin' whatever into my cart, then throwin' it out cause it goes bad before we can eat it.

Kristikins
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM
There is an awesome lady in our town who has mastered the art of couponing! She taught a class for a small fee ($10) and donated the proceeds to our kids school as a fundraiser! It was great! In our town we only have locally owned grocery stores, Walmart and Kroger. We also have Walgreens and Rite Aide. She taught us about Kroger mostly - first of all Walmart never ever doubles coupons and they look at you like you are stealing from them when you use coupons, so that's not encouraging at all!! Kroger on the other hand doubles up to $.50 coupons, plus you can load Ecoupons onto your Kroger Plus card from the net and you can use the Ecoupon and a MFG coupon for the same items and you only buy when stuff's on sale - that way you get the full benefit from your coupons! Rule of thumb is to get the Sunday paper (where the coupons are ) and get 1 per person in your house; that way, for instance in my case, I get 3 - so when Rice a roni goes on sale at Kroger 10 for $10 ($1 each) and I have a $.50 Ecoupon (not doubled) and a $.50 MFG coupon (they double to $1) I can get a box of that for FREE (plus they give me $.50 to boot)!! Most of the times it doesn't work out like that, but you can get stuff super cheap if you plan it out! If you get more papers, you can get more of the items on sale - use coupons - stock up and won't have to buy that item again until it's on sale again! I got 2 giant bottles of Old Spice body wash (Robby's junk) for $.93 each last week cause it was on sale, I had Ecoupon for it and a B1G1 free coupon and a $1 off purchase of 2! I also got a jug of TIDE laundry det. I've NEVER bought tide (it's too expensive) BUT Kroger had it on sale for $7.99, I had a $2 off Tide Ecoupon and a $.50 MFG coupon that they doubled - so I paid $4.99 for that jug of tide!!! Can't even get cheap junk that cheap!! I also did a deal like that and got a jug of Era detergent for $2.99. Does that make sense?? It's hard to splain in type - so I hope it does! You can search Youtube for some groovy ideas on organizing your coupons - I use the binder method and have fixed it to match the Kroger store layout! (I know obsessive right)...It's lots of fun to go couponing - it's like a challenge to see how much I can get and how little cash I have to give for it! So far I've saved about $77 in 2 weeks! Not too shabby!!

As for Walgreens/RiteAide - you can use a WaG or RA coupon from their sales flier and a MFG coupon too - plus WAG does register rewards (gives you coupon for certain items fo their full price you paid, so next time you buy that item it's free or you can use it next trip on anything - just towards your purchase! RA gives lots of rebates...something to look into!!

As for budgeting WS - I got the 12 week kit (cause that's the cheapest way) I think it was $500 after all the discounts. You can change things around so you don't get exactly the kit contents if you want (i did), then you'll have stuff to last you for quite a while and it's the stuff you like! Our grocery bill has shrank because of it too - cause all we get for me at the grocery is produce (fruit)/almond milk and occasionally yogurt (if it's on sale and I have coupons!!) - the L&G meal is dinner that I cook and eat w/ my family - so that's the same..I think it averages out to be around $41 or so for my WS a week by doing the 12 weeker...

Does any of this info help???

jyoyo78
09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes! Helps a lot! We have Fred Meyer here....which is where I shop anyway...they're owned by Kroger, so I'm thinking I can do the same thing there. How do you get Ecoupons? And can you explain the Double MFG coupons a little more? This is something Kroger automatically does? Or only on certain items?? Sorry for being a dummy...lol...just trying to figure out this moolah stuff...ugh! I don't go to rite-aid or walgreens very often...maybe I'll have to start though! Mostly I think I'm gonna have to start actually looking at all the ads/coupons and junk I get in the mail...bleh! There goes my weekends! Just kidding :)

jyoyo78
09-08-2010, 05:24 PM
PS...I'll have to talk to DH about the WS stuff...see if he'll let me go ahead with the 12 week kit. I've even thought about getting the protein shake stuff they have at the store...it ends up being cheaper than WS, but I gotta check the labels first, make sure I'm getting at least the same nutrients and such. I found a jug of stuff that has 32 servings for $34.99. 100 cals, whey protein, no sugar, very low carb content...gotta compare the rest of the shizzle though...and see if it really works out or not.

Kristikins
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
The Ecoupons you get from the Kroger website - and after you choose which ones you want, you load them to your Kroger Plus card (the little "hey I'm a bonafide shopper here" card you get from them) then when you scan the card before you check out whatever items you are purchasing that you have Ecoupons for the amount of the coupon will automatically be deducted from the price of the item - it shows on your receipt in ()'s. As for doubling - they automatically double anything that's $.50 or less...I don't do WAG or RA very often myself -unless they just have an outstanding deal - then I will go there! Yes it does take time to plan your menu along with the sales ads and coupons/ecoupons etc, but I usually begin it on Sunday afternoon - hubs is on a bike ride and Rob goes to his job - I miss my Sunday afternoon nap because of it - but I like to feel like I've accomplished something - and cutting my coupons out - getting them in the binder then searching out the sales really is fun!!

As for the other protein shake stuff - Martika has some great info on her WS review thread - she's compared tons of brands and has found a few that she mentions that are the best - nutrition wise and price wise - and taste!!

This will blow your mind too - Those WAG register rewards I told you about - well evidently you can use them at Publix and Kmart to pay for your purchases! We don't have Publix here - so I'm not really up on them but if I understand right you can use one per denomination to pay toward your grocery purchase - Kmart will take'em all!! We don't have Kmart locally either (about 45 mins away)...

JanellBea
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Hello Ladies! Day 2 and all is well:)

WOO HOO on the 6 lbs - that is awesome!!!!!

I need to go update the challenge thread, have a great night.

jyoyo78
09-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow Kristi...I definitely need to start coupon shopping! lol I'll have to go check out mirtika's thread....hopefully the one I ended up buying at Costco gets a good review from her :)

Waterwoman64
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Lindsey - :bravo: You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to get a ticker to keep track? I just love mine........would love it even more if it would start movin!

Jyoyo - I ordered my new WS stuff on the 5th....then GoddessM posted a great coupon code the next day - dang!! I missed it, but it was really nice of her to share that with us! If the WS is only averaging about $40 per week, am sure you are saving on less groceries and for sure less eating out. I did read the reviews that Mirtika did some time ago too, and that may just be the thing for you to do also. In fact, I may be doing a new budget next month and having to move some of the spending around for a new refrigerator (ours is making noises like it is about to bite the dust and is as old as the hills.........so). But anyway, think my point is that if you make that change, please share with us so we know how it works for you. Would not mind considerating that option either if it works.

Kristi - The opposite sex!! The bane of teenagers! It is great that you have spies out there to help keep you in on things ;) You really did have a sense of something else when you were talking to him the other nite anyway......Hopefully, he will come around for you......like you said, he really is a good kid.
I agree with the menu planning with the ads and prior to shopping. It does take a little more time, but totally pays in the end!!! Also it is nice to have a plan for the week to go by and one is less apt to come home tired and want to order pizza cause there is nothing in the cabinets to eat and too tired to think about what to make.
Hey, saw that you rode the bike 5.5 miles!!!!!!!! Am impressed!
FYI - I am keeping my challenge month all on one post for convenience...that way will not have to look back all the time.

:wave: to anyone out there lurking.........where did all those newbies go?! You all could not have given up already!

mollymai
09-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Didn't somebody on here say that they use a Go Wear Fit? How do you like it?

I love the fact that it shows my calorie burn through out the day as well as steps, how long did I sleep at night and calorie deficit.

goddessmeg
09-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm here! Our appointment actually didn't take all day so we got back early. I added ground flax seed to my cereal yesterday and today. So far no er, results, but I do feel awfully bloated! I'm working on lots of water today to keep things moving!!

How does one get a ticker? I know I can't post it -- yet, but i want to be prepared.

Kristikins
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi all! Meg - sorry I know I have a ticker, but it was trial and error till I figured it out and now I have NO idea how it got there :dizzy:

Molly - that's cool stuff...what is it - like a spy implant in your arm or something??? Talk about high tech!!

YoYo - I think EVERYONE should coupon shop - its WAY fun and totally rewarding to go out of the store with a buggy load of stuff for minimal price!! If I can keep our grocery bill going down week after week - I can figure my WS into the regular budget...now that's sweet!!!

So glad its thursday...that means tomorrow is the coveted FRIDAY!!!!

goddessmeg
09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Ground flaxseed is my new best friend ;) !!!!

Kristi: I hate to rub it in, but today is my Friday (I work a flex schedule with every other Friday off)! Hubby is now talking about doing a mini vacation with my stepson this weekend. Personally, I don't think his behavior warrants it. He's 11 and DH had to have a frank discussion w/ him yesterday about the evils of XBox Live. PEX (that would be Psycho Ex-wife) doesn't have a clue, lets SS get away with murder and uses video games as a "babysitter" so she can obsessively clean her house. Ah, the joy that is our lives sometimes!!!

MutableParadox
09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow. This vacation has been busier than normal work days. haha. I'm sorry I still haven't posted much. I'm kinda broke at the moment so buying WonderSlim is not happening right now.

I've been on a few dates recently which have been exciting. =X I started school yesterday night and it was just as I thought. Boring, haha. I've already got a paper due next week ick!

I have to work ½ day today at work even though I am on vacation. I figured as much though.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Kristikins
09-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Meg - I can imagine the agravation you are going thru with the PEX...there are so many parents/guardians these days who use video games/TV to educate the kids just cause they don't wanna deal with'em...you stand your ground and keep up the good work! You may not get the popular vote, but doing the right thing now will be better for you in the long run!!

OMG is that KELLY????!!! YAY!!! I figured you were soakin up the sun on some beach somewhere - with a drink in your hand (the kind with the little umbrellas!) with buff beach dudes all around you with fans and sunscreen and thinking of your poor 3FC pals slavin away at our desks....so sounds like you are enjoying your vaca - even though you had to work today...UGH what's with that??? Dates huh...a few....huh....would that be a few with the same lucky guy or a date with a few lucky guys???? Do tell....

Waterwoman64
09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
GoddessM- Okay, it looks as if you will be able to get a tracker real soon, huh?!
You go up to the purple bar on top to User CP, then choose Edit Signature and a screen will pip up to add weight tracker. Just follow the directions....is really pretty easy. Have fun!
Also, I have some ground flax that a friend gave me some time ago. Keep it in my freezer and add it to shakes or oatmeal on occasion. Do not have the problem like alot of people do with needing the extra roughage, but am a big believer in pushing that water!!

Kelly - Great to hear from you. Really like it when you let us know you are still around. Did you see Jyoyo is going to test drive a new shake for us? Maybe that could be a more affordable for you too.

Well, my day was tooooooo busy and only earned one stinking point for the challenge! The water point, of course. Hope to be on better behavior tomorrow! Will check back with you all then :^:

mollymai
09-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Hi all! Meg - sorry I know I have a ticker, but it was trial and error till I figured it out and now I have NO idea how it got there :dizzy:

Molly - that's cool stuff...what is it - like a spy implant in your arm or something??? Talk about high tech!!

YoYo - I think EVERYONE should coupon shop - its WAY fun and totally rewarding to go out of the store with a buggy load of stuff for minimal price!! If I can keep our grocery bill going down week after week - I can figure my WS into the regular budget...now that's sweet!!!

So glad its thursday...that means tomorrow is the coveted FRIDAY!!!!

lol. It's just like armband that the biggest loser contestants wear. And no it's not implanted in my arm ROFLMAO. 24 hour fitness has them, amazon, ebay.

goddessmeg
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
2.5 MORE UGLY POUNDS GONE. TOTAL OF 6 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS!! GONE! I have to keep moving the scale around on the floor til I get a consistent number. I believe a new scale is on the shopping list today.

I just moved into the "overweight" catagory of the BMI!

We are going away this weekend (just 1 night) and I'm even thinking that I'll bring my swimsuit!

Kristikins
09-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Water - I only earned 2 points for yesterday myself...been super duper stressed so I've been enjoying having lunch w/ hubs or running errands instead of walking and no time at night to ride the inside bike either...hoping tonight I can get some sort of movement in..I know what hubs has in mind ;) ...does that count???

Molly - that sounds really groovy - I'll have to look into that...but you have to admit with all the info it gathers about you it DOES sound like a spy device!!

Meg - OMG..that's GREAT!!! Congrats on your loss and your new position on the BMI scale! I'm sooo looking forward to that myself!!

I'm down another pound...42.5 total officially (and today is my real weigh in date too!)...I'm pretty pleased, although yall know I wanted it to be more...I tell ya - my tummys been soooo upset the past few days, I'm surprised it's not a bunch more pound lost...nerves really kicks your guts out!! :stress:

jyoyo78
09-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Way to go Meg!! That is AWESOME!!! Huge high five from me!!! And ugh to the whole EX thing. Mine lives in another state, but when my son goes to stay with him, it is H - E - double hockey sticks when he gets back and I have to "de-program" him. It's a constant struggle....the same thing happens when he goes to my ex's parents house too. He get away with murder, then comes home and thinks it will continue...it's always a rude awakening for him. Oh well, I will prevail and someday he will be thanking me for it...I hope :)

Kelly - I'm in the same boat, running low on WS stuff and don't have the cash at this moment to get more. Like Water said, I did end up getting a HUGE bag thingy of protein powder at Costco. It was $29.99 and has 80 servings, so that's about $.38/serving...not too shabby. It has 23g of protein, 130 calories, 1 or 2 g fat, can't remember the carb or sugar grams, but they were comparable to WS. The cholesterol is higher than WS. This morning was the first time trying it. I made it like I made the WS stuff...in the magic bullet with ice and SF flavor...it was a lot thinner than WS, which I don't mind. I didn't really like that WS was so thick. Anyway, I'll just keep using this stuff for now. Once it's gone, I might try some of the stuff Mirtika was talking about a while back....I think it was Solgar Whey Protein...I'd have to look again to be sure. I think that stuff ended up being around $1.00/serving.

I've got to get my butt in gear with the challenge! Ugh!! Yesterday I went to the Greek Food festival. I had a lamb gyro, it was amazing...as always. But then I got a sweet treat too, which I totally shouldn't have had!! Today I'm supposed to go again. I will try and stick with the Greek salad and a little bit of the lamb stuff they serve. And I am definitely staying away from the Baklava!! Why oh why does it have to be so yummy. lol

Here's to a good weekend full of OP eating!! Oh and some of that exercise crap too!

jyoyo78
09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
hoping tonight I can get some sort of movement in..I know what hubs has in mind ;) ...does that count???

Sounds like our hubs' have the same work outs in mind tonight...ha ha ha:hug::dancer:

Kristikins
09-10-2010, 02:56 PM
:o so is it just tonight or is it all the stinkin time with you too??? I guess things could be worse though....

Robby's X girlfriend (the evil one who gave me that dang cupcake) had the X issue too - her mom would tell me stuff - she was VERY strict with her, but her dad just let her do whatever she wanted...unfortunately she decided it was cool to fight at school - get this - over a BOY; how UNCOOL is that??? She ended up getting carted off to jail..yes I said jail...I'm sure her mom is mortified at the whole situation - her dads response was "well, at least she kicked the other girls butt"...yeah, that's teaching her something valuable for life long class!!! (I knew she wouldn't last long with Rob - she was totally not his type and what a sabatager to boot!!)

Just hang in there and stand your ground...your son will thank you someday and it's totally ok if he doesn't like you all the time - he'll grow out of that stuff and realize that you were the ONE who did what was right for him!!

Greek food??? I've never had greek food (unless you count greek yogurt :dizzy:) I've never had lamb either...I do love the "my big fat greek wedding" movie though...what's lamb taste like?? (and don't say lamb - duh!!) :devil:

jyoyo78
09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Down with the sabatagors!!! I can't believe she landed in jail and to get that response from her dad...oh yeah, there's a real winner! Or should I say WEINER!!! My X isn't quite that bad. Although, my son is only 13 so...we'll see. And heck no, I could care less if that boy hates me....he hates me every other minute, then the next minute he wants to snuggle up and watch a movie together...so yeah, no worries about that from me...he he.

So...lamb pretty much tastes like lamb...you know what I mean??? he he. The way they cook the lamb for a gyro it reminds me of sausage patties. It's in thin long strips and it seriously looks and feels like the consistency of a sausage patty. The gyro is the meat (you can do chicken or just veggie too), tomotoes and tsaziki (sp?) sauce, all wrapped up in greek pita flat bread...it's like a greek taco! lol the sauce is actually made with greek yogurt. I buy it at Costco sometimes and use it as dip for my veggies...or you could dip crackers or whatever in it too. It's nummers.

So, yeah...today for lunch was another gyro, but I was able to keep myself away from the baklava...so that's good :o)

I actually buy whole wheat greek pitas at Fred Meyer (Kroger), there in the bakery section by all the specialty breads. Then I make mini pizzas with them. I get sugar free pizza sauce, then load it up with veggies, sometimes meat...some lowfat cheese, cook at about 350 or so for like 12-15 minutes....SO DELICIOUS!!!!

k...I should work now :O

harvester
09-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Sorry I've been absent for awhile. We've had a lot going on around here. I'm going to spend this weekend getting myself organized.
I've been hovering around the same weight for the last few weeks. I need to buckle down and lose the rest of it. I know my problem is 1) eating too much in the evenings and 2) believing I can eat the same junk all the males in my house eat over the weekend.
Obviously I'm delusional!

jyoyo78
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM
oh Harvester, you can do it!! You're SO close!!!! Get on it lady! :)

JanellBea
09-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Hello Ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Meg - congrats!!! You are doing awesome!!!

Hubs interview went well today, they are calling him back for round 2 - so keep those fingers crossed! We all want to meet at the lake house - right!!

You all are talking about X's, well, I don't have one of those, but I have a crazy aZZ sister who is the world's WORST mother. I am trying to raise her 17 year old and it is a challenge. Kelly and I don't have kids (by choice) it is definately a challenge to try and take over a teenager who has been used to having 100% freedom, no boundaries, no responsibility, blah blah blah! So, I don't chime in much on the kids/X issues, but know I am cheering us all on.

Eating has been great all week, I am wanting to take the weekend off, I know I shouldnt, but I have a tendancy to go SO extreme, that I am thinking I need to learn a little balance and moderation. Just kickn' it around in my head.

Anyone else have allergie issues this time of year. It seems everyone around here is battling sinus/allergie stuff and it seems I am right there with them..

Well, off to cook something mavalous for dinner, have a great weekend everyone!

Waterwoman64
09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Kristi – First of all…….YAY! :carrot: for that scale moving down!!!
o.k., you got me doing research!!! WebMD said ½ hour with your husband would be 85 Calories; Ehow said 1 hour would be 385 calories. Geez, I can find anything on the internet! Anyway, here is a story problem for you gals based on the above information. Calories burned on the ehow method with my DH would = 32.05 calories………you do the math :lol:
WebMD also said that time with your sweet hubby is good for stress! (& 9 other things)

GoddessM - :dance: You too, get the happy dance.......great going for 2.5 more lbs - GONE!!! Put that swimsuit on and enjoy your weekend!

Jyoyo - I LOVE Gyros!!!! Seems to me that they really should not be very many calories.........did you look them up? Alot of times things like that can be deceiving though. But I really would like to know........the good thing about eating that kind of stuff for lunch is that you can count your calories and maybe make it still work for the rest of the day. As long as it isn't the carb type things that set off an eating spree - like potato chips and some other things do to me! Well, then the baklava.........oops! :(
Is the protein stuff vanilla and do you doctor it up for flavor or what? The price is definetly right and sounds as if the protein is more than WS. I take a multivitamin anyway and don't count on the shakes for that, so sounds good. Keep us posted would ya?

Jannell - Yay with the interview news!!!!!!!!!!! Better be getting those packing boxes out!!
Sounds like your crazyAZZ sis is real lucky to have you.......and the 17 year old is lucky too!!!!!!! That's how old I was when I went to live with my sis and her husband for 2 years. It was such a good change and experience. One of these days (hopefully) that kid will look back and thank you. It has got to be a rough go having a teenager nowadays. I admire all of you who are doing this hard and important job of parenting.
I probably should not encourage one to go off program, but I did that alot at the beginning and did not suffer for it. Agree that we need to learn moderation and sometimes also need a break. Really don't believe you will go overboard this early in the game. You can also go to WebMD and look up those exercises - ha! :belly:

Well, I am going to wait a couple of hours to post on the challenge spot....the day is not over yet, and the exercise video may come out yet!

This was my breakfast concoction…….I was hungry for oatmeal, but only have the regular and wanted to start my day with more protein. So made regular oatmeal (for 2) that calls for 1 ¾ C. water & 1 C. oats. I added a package of vanilla WS to the water prior to cooking & whisked it all in along with ¼ c. raisins. Then when it was done, had some cinnamon on top with a little milk. It was really pretty good and dh did not realize the difference in his………that was the ‘taste test’ :hungry: So, got the benefits of protein and had my urge for oatmeal breakfast taken care of too!

JanellBea
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Water, BAHAHAHAHA!! Love your 'math', gotta tell ya, hubby and I are right there with ya! That made my night:)

Love the oatmeal idea, I bet it was really filling too. I didn't buy any WS oatmeal, but have some of the steel cut oats, I may try this tomorrow. It is raining like crazy here, so we are enjoying a quiet evening at home listening to the rain.

BTW, crazy aZZ sister isn't thankful at all, she is bad to the bone!! So you must have a really cool aunt and uncle - that is awesome and so glad they were there for you. Are you still close to them?

Waterwoman64
09-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey Jyoyo and Kristi............are ya going to let that Janell beat us in the challenge? Haven't seen you post yesterday or today...........nag nag :)

Harvester - thanks for poppin' in on us! Yep, that evening snacking urge really gets to me too.............am trying to save up calories just to have a couple hundred for that event. I love, love, love the WS cheesecake!!! That is, if I can just remember to make it ahead in the afternoon or morning.
I really cannot eat the same junk as my DH........really would prefer not to have it in the house at all. As I, too, become delusional at times and think I should be able to indulge...........NOT a good thing for me.

Nitey Night all..........

Waterwoman64
09-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Janell - Sorry, just saw your last post. It was my sister and her husband that I 'got shipped off to live with'. That's how I saw it back then and was pretty pouty about it all at first. Sis is a little over 12 years older and we became very close in the end. My brother-in-law was a stable male figure and they had a good and loving home. I learned to cook, clean and even called my sis one day when my friends wanted to skip school to ask her permission. It was a long time ago, but will be forever indebted to them and love them all the more for what all they did for me.

We are starting to get rain more too......mostly mornings with fog. Seems too early for winter to set in am really not ready for it. At least it has been clearing up the next day or later in the same day. There are times that I just love to hear the sound of the rain pitter-pattering on the roof.......can be great sleeping weather.

Have a great weekend!

JanellBea
09-11-2010, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE=Waterwoman64;3475821]Hey Jyoyo and Kristi............are ya going to let that Janell beat us in the challenge? Haven't seen you post yesterday or today...........nag nag :)QUOTE]

YEP! finally you all realize that I, THE QUEEN, will win the challenge :D:D:D

I love sleeping with the sound of rain hitting the windows, so peaceful. I made it through another OP day, going to go update the challenge thread. I can't wait for my signature option to show up, I want to get my ticker going.

JanellBea
09-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Testing out my new signature.....

LindseyLouWho
09-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth! Haha. I've been really busy the past few days with traveling, but I'm back home now and ready to start a new week!

MutableParadox
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I can't make an order until Friday, but I think I'm going to get the starter kit and just follow it to the letter because I remember why I started this in the first place. I hate cooking and I don't have time!

Full time working, almost fulltime school, and my roommate's mom (I live with them) just had major surgery so I have been taking care of her. The last thing I want is to think about what to really eat.

I haven't weighed but I feel like I gained back every lb of weight. I've stopped exercising because I'm too tired and I'm back to fast food bc yea this week has been crappy..haha so much for a vacation. Going back to work tomorrow. I get to work 10-4 go to class from 5-6:30 and work 6:45-9:30pm. icky Monday.

Anyway, I am done ranting, haha. I hope everyone is well. =) I'll keep checking in as much as possible. Probably more when I am back in the WS game and have something good to post. =)

Waterwoman64
09-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Janell - Love your new signature! The personal slogan and all the rest! Now, let the games begin, huh?!! :boxing:

Kelly - Boy, it is soooo true about getting WS for the ease of preparation and no brainer eating. That is what I got it for also in the beginning.......not wanting to be slicing and dicing all the time like with the SB plan. Your roomies will probably leave your food alone too :)
Don't worry, you are entitled to "a rant" with your schedule it is easy to become frustrated. Just remember we are all pulling for you and know you can do this too! :grouphug:

Lindsey - Good to see you back from the wilds! :sunny:
Hey, why haven't you gotten a ticker, tracker (or whatever they are called) too?

MutableParadox
09-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Kelly - Boy, it is soooo true about getting WS for the ease of preparation and no brainer eating. That is what I got it for also in the beginning.......not wanting to be slicing and dicing all the time like with the SB plan. Your roomies will probably leave your food alone too :)
Don't worry, you are entitled to "a rant" with your schedule it is easy to become frustrated. Just remember we are all pulling for you and know you can do this too! :grouphug:

I appreciate the motivation. I like to make things harder than they should be. I'm thinking of making a pudding with milk and mixing in the cereal for breakfast kind of like a parfait, haha. That sounds really good. I think I have a couple shakes left and a couple cereals lying around so I might try that.

I'm cleaning my room now. Luckily I finished all my homework yesterday. Took me 3 hours. Ick!

Have a good night and hope everyone has a happy Monday! =D

goddessmeg
09-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm baaack from our mini-vacation. And I'm at the same weight, so I am pretty dang pleased about that! I broke down and purchased a new scale on Friday so things should be more accurate.

And wouldn't you know it, but I ran into my ex-sis-in-law BEFORE I got my hair cut! She didn't remember me (It's been 6 years) but I made sure to flash my honkin' engagement ring and tell her that I've remarried. My Loser-boy ex, when I kicked him out, moved BACK into his parent's basement!

Anyway, I'm having dinner w/ the gals tonight at a Mexican place but I'm going to keep it on plan!

JanellBea
09-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Meg, love your SIL story!! Hope the loser ex is enjoying life with the parents:) Great job maintaining during your vacation.

Water - I'm lookn' forward to wearing that crown :) :) :)

goddessmeg
09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Janel: His parents actually have died since and his family have booted him out of the basement. And he's been laid off from the place where he worked for 30+ yrs. sooooo happy to not be with him anymore!

Funny for all: yesterday I was walking around with an XL sticker on my shirt! Great! Now I'm announcing how fat I am to everyone!

Someone finally noticed that I've lost weight. Of course she knows I'm on the program.

I've been doing some research on "regular" grocery products that I can use and I'm very interested in Special K protein plus. It has more protein than the WS cereal!

Onmywaytome
09-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone.I have been reading this thread for a while as I wanted to know a little more about wonder slim. Friends back home in Canada are doing the Ideal protein and I was looking for something that compared to it.You have all convinced me..so I ordered today. They tell me it will take 2 weeks for it to arrive..I am in Asia... If you have any tips , recipes I will take them all.
Also tips on this site ...what is this 20 post thing all about?

Have a great day..

jyoyo78
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I have a friend that does the Ideal Protein diet. She is doing wonderfully at it. It sounds a LOT like WS, except that WS seems to have more options for different meals to eat, which is always nice.

The 20 post thing is....in order to get a signature or have a ticker, you have to have posted at least 20 times and also been a member for 20 days. Hope that helps....and WELCOME!!! :)

Onmywaytome
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks Jyoyo78, now I understand. I am sure I will be on here for 20 days..I also hope to have my order before then and have started. Can't wait to start. So until then I am back at the gym after being away with 2 stress fractures in my foot..day 2 and so far so good..just taking it slow so I do not get discouraged.

goddessmeg
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Trying out my new signature!

JanellBea
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah for the new signature Meg - I was so excited to get mine too!!

Is everyone having a fanatastic day? My kids were really good today, so I am a happy camper. I have 3 IEP's to do this afternoon, which I dread like the plague, but I have to get them done, so I am in for an afternoon of boring paper work - YUK!

goddessmeg
09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, I just checked out Trader Joes and Whole Foods for WS subsitutes. TJ's has frozen pomigranite seeds! Their brand of soy powder is $10/can. No better prices on snack/meal replacement bars. Same story for Whole Foods. But they had many different kinds of soy powder including Solgar (I think that's how it's spelled.) Kashi cereals have higher protein, but their serving is 1 cup. I think a serving of 3/4 c. or 2/3 c. would pretty much equal WS's cereal. I actually got out of both stores without buying any treats!!!!!

Someone I supervise is using the Jillian Michael's powder, says it tastes great and I think it's pretty much the same as the WS shake/puddings.

jyoyo78
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Yay for new signatures and tickers :o)

Janell...are you a teacher? What grade?

goddessmeg
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I just found a great website: minimus.biz

They sell individual packages of stuff: like individual salad dressings, jams, peanut butter, etc., etc.!! $20 minimum to get free shipping. I ordered 81 packets of salad dressings for $20.13! It's all brand name stuff. Think of the stuff you see in restuarants, etc. Plus the have indiv. servings of snacks and so forth. Just what we like for portion control.

JanellBea
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Yay for new signatures and tickers :o)

Janell...are you a teacher? What grade?

YES! I am a teacher - are you? I teach in a very unique environment. My classroom is in an adolescent residential rehab center for teens with drug/alcohol addiction. I have 25 kids, the average stay is 60 days, so my kids are coming and going all year long. It is a challeging environment, but I love it! I am the only teacher, so it is like a one room school house. I have grades 7-12 and I teach all subjects.

pradaboy
09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Well, I don't know who remembers me from april/ early may, but I'm back! Started wonderslim again today. Only have a 2 week supply ao going to try that for now.

jyoyo78
09-14-2010, 06:18 PM
I remember reading your posts Pradaboy....but I didn't join the discussions until right around when you fell of the face of the earth ;) Welcome back though!! Great to see you again!

Janell, that does sounds challenging, but also very rewarding I'm sure. I'm not a teacher. Holy smokes I would NOT survive as a teacher, I'm sure I'd go to jail for going ballistic on their butts!! he he I crunch numbers, I'm better at that....lol

Thanks for the website Meg...sounds like a good idea to have those individual servings, that way I dont' have huge bottles of stuff that only I eat anyway!

LindseyLouWho
09-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Janell, kudos to you for taking on the challenge of teaching those kids. I really don't think I could do that, if for no other reason than you're getting new students all the time. It must be rewarding, though, in the cases that you get to see their progress over their stay.

Pradaboy, it's nice to meet you! I'm pretty new here and have a busy schedule, but I try to pop in when I can...

Speaking of which, I just got in from my day of labs and need to eat dinner and do some biochemistry homework! Haha. I better get busy with that.

I hope you ladies (and gents!) have a wonderful evening!

Waterwoman64
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Onmywaytome - :wel3fc: will look forward to getting to know you better and watching your journey!

GMeg - Great new signature! and good to hear that your mini-vaca. went so well! I am looking forward to a little trip the 19th to return Thursday. Am trying to behave and especially exercise until leaving.....then will be staying at a place with a pool and exercise room. So at least if I cannot eat OP, will be getting in some exercise!

Janell - Wow - what a challenging job you must have! I admire anyone who can do something to make a difference in the world - my hat is truly off to you:hat:
Glad to see you are still in the challenge........even tho you are kicking our butts!:exercise:

Pradaboy!!! :bravo: am really glad to see you back. I was lurking in early April and joined in May just after you left........and very much remember you! So what's the scoop with ya?

Jyoyo - I thought that you and Kristi had taken off together for parts unknown and exciting. Didya see that Janell is whooping us on the challenge? Today I took back the dvd's I had rented from the library on the Walk off the Pounds. Will probably order a couple on amazon or somewhere though. Until then, am strapping my current book on the treadmill and reading and walking. Am just waiting for one of our dogs to try to hop on too!

pradaboy
09-14-2010, 11:51 PM
im in a good relationship, just passed our 5 month mark a few days ago. work is going well and got a promotion recently which came with a benefits package finally after 4 years(that my company pays 100% of).
so i decided i should finally get back to taking care of me.
i got to where my 3 flight of stairs up to my apartment was becoming dreadful, that's when i knew it was time to get back on track.

goddessmeg
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey, all! Good morning. It's a bright day now that the rain has ended.

My boss is wearing boots today which is helpful because I can hear her stomping around. It warns me when she's coming! Luckily she has something else to micro-manage today so (so far) I'm being left alone!

DH has been out of town at training and this would usually be a time for me to binge, but I'm under control (for the most part! ;p )

Have a great day!

Kristikins
09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi gang!!! I'm still here...just been SUPER DUPER busy lately!! My job stress has ended...my boss is no longer with our firm - which is a huge relief off my shoulders!!! ahhhhh....so now I'm waiting on a new advisor - no idea when that'll happen - in the meantime, I'm cleaning my office like nuts! Got to get rid of all the stuff with his name on it, etc...so I'm staying busy!! I've got to post on the challenge - just cause I've not posted, doesn't mean I'm not doin' it...Janell...don't be wearing that crown yet... ;)

Prada...I remember you...wondered what happened to you - if I remember right, you went on a camping or hiking expedition and never returned :( so glad to have you back...and congrats on your relationship AND your promotion!!! Getting that stuff in order can certainly put you in the right frame of mind to take care of self too!! Welcome back!!

Janell - your teaching job sounds neat - I'm sure it DOES have it's fair share of challenges though...I too admire you for that feat!!

Kelly - come on back girl...you know we are here rootin' for ya! WS is the EASIEST no-brainer plan I've ever done!!

Welcome to the newbies!!!

pradaboy
09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Prada...I remember you...wondered what happened to you - if I remember right, you went on a camping or hiking expedition and never returned :( so glad to have you back...and congrats on your relationship AND your promotion!!! Getting that stuff in order can certainly put you in the right frame of mind to take care of self too!! Welcome back!!

Thanks so much! I went to Hot Springs, Ar and totally fell off the wagon. Went on a crazy eating binge! lol

Late nights at the casino there that had a breakfast buffet.

But I'm back and glad to be here!

Kristikins
09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh yummy...a breakfast buffet...my favorite kind of buffet to find!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast foods!! That would totally be my downfall too!! We are so glad to have you back among us!!

So I went to the challenge site and caught up on my posts...Um..yeah..Janell..about the over achieving you're doing...we need to talk :devil: jk...I do think you're whoopin' our behinds girl!!! Keep it up!! I'm still going strong though..now since my work stress has ended (or at least relieved somewhat) I can kick my booty into high gear and start walking again!! YAY!!

Gotta get busy yall!! Happy Hump Day!!

JanellBea
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Hello Friends!

Thanks for all the teaching comments, I love my job, as challenging as it is. There really is nothing like connecting with a kid and knowing that you have made an impact - I know it is cliche' but it does feel good to make a difference:)

Did I not mention to you all that I am super competitive!!! Give me a contest and I will do whatever it takes to win!! The challenge was just the motivation I needed to get me going. I haven't done as well on the eating part this week, I am letting the stress of my life get to me. I don't know if I will ever kick this emotional eating thing.

Hope you are all having a great day:)

LindseyLouWho
09-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi folks!

I just wanted to pop in and ask if any of you have found any good tricks for doctoring up the double chocolate WS cake mix. So far to me, it largely tastes like a large sponge. I've tried adding some SF torani french vanilla syrup for flavor and sweetness, a little bit of instant coffee powder in the hopes of bringing out the chocolatey flavor, and adding an extra packet of Splenda. I'm not really wanting to add more calories here, but if it's only a few, I'm open to suggestion. Perhaps a teeny bit more cocoa powder? :dunno:

Kristikins
09-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Good morning all!

Lindsey - I topped mine with some Fat Free Cool Whip...it was more tolerable..I totally agree with you on the taste - it reminded me of chocolate flavored eggs...if it hadn't been for the cool whip I wouldn't have been able to choke it down!! HTH!

Suppose to get rain here today - fingers crossed that it waits till I get my lunchtime walk in!! Happy Thursday!

Onmywaytome
09-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Just got word my order has been shipped..it will take 7 - 14 days to get here...so I wait. In the mean time I swam today and then went to belly dance class...tomorrow the gym...will let you all know when I start..Everyone have a good day..I am off to bed as its night time here in my part of the world...

goddessmeg
09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Well, this socks! I'm wearing socks for the first time in months! I'm cold here!

I've fallen a little off the wagon these past few days but am on again. I even passed up the snack sized candy bars that were sitting right in front of me in my STUPID meeting this morning. I've been meeting on this project for 4 YEARS and we're less than 1/2 way done. I've asked to be removed from it but my boss wouldn't let me. I know I could go to her boss and get removed. They both know my frustrations with this thing.

jyoyo78
09-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Ugh! Socks!! I hear ya Meg! I had to wear socks a couple of times this week...so lame! And KUDOS on the ability to not eat the candy bars...those would be SO tempting to me. I <3 chocolate!

Lindsey, I'm with Kristi - I can only tolerate the chocolate cake with some Cool Whip Free on top. I think it's 20 calories for 2 Tbsp, but totally worth it in my opinion :)

onmyway....way to go with the exercising!! I REALLY need to get my butt in gear in that department!

LindseyLouWho
09-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the cool whip suggestion!

I might have to pick some up at the store later, considering tonight is cake night. Next order I'm definitely going to nix that and replace it with some puddings or extra cheesecakes. I think my mom and I are each going to get a two month pack next time so that we can get the super duper 20% off volume discount.

Does anyone know if they get snippy if you try and make too many substitutions? Most of mine would be for variety's sake.

Waterwoman64
09-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone - has been a pretty busy last couplea days, but have managed to get everything done I have needed to.......am kinda liking walking on the treadmill with my book. It makes the time go faster. Walking at the park is great too, but have not been able to do that. Am on countdown for my little vacation........yippee only two more days. Had better get my laundry done so I have some clean stuff to take along:)

Janell - know what you mean about the "emotional eating"!! I believe that is one of the biggest hurdles most of us face. I still love what Kristi said about food not being comfort; nor company; nor entertainment. If I can't smoke or drink when I am upset anymore....food was the next step. Will just have to find a healthy replacement. Let me know if you figure out any.....

Kristi - sounds like good news about the boss going bye-bye. Does that mean you can cancel the job hunting? Glad that stress factor is gone from your life anyway!

Lindsey - Diet Direct has always been great to me and from all I hear about on the exchanges and returns! By the way, I have 2 coupon codes for anyone interested: WSFRUIT30 for 30% off WS Fruit drinks (I have only tried the smoothies) and WSCAKE30 for 30% off the cakes - Choc. (ick!) or Cheesecake (yum!). I returned my chocolate cake a long time ago after getting it in the first order.

Onmyway - I would bet that you will lose prior to receiving your order....be sure to measure and take pictures if you can.

GMeg - yep, there really is a nip in the air now.......snow will be flying up your way one of these days soon, huh? We are getting more rain too, a sure sign of the approach of Winter. As long as I can just have some sunshine now and then............:cool:

Gotta go get my walk in now - nite nite all :wave:

JanellBea
09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Meg, way to go passing up those nasty little bits of chocolate!!

I made tons of changes to my order and Diet Direct was very nice about it, had a great customer service rep!!

Hubby found out that is is a finalist for the job at the lake, they are bringing him and one other person back for another interview - 2 hours worth!! So, keep those fingers crossed. The interview is next Thursday. I HATE the waiting game:) This is when I have to really test my faith and just let it go and stop stressing and wondering "what if". If it is meant to be......

Onmywaytome
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Well I hope to get back into a routine before my order gets here...so far so good..today walked 15, 890 steps ! Sounds like a lot...but my steps are not that big....LOL

SO this picture I have to take....what has everyone done for theirs?

Kristikins
09-17-2010, 09:24 AM
I totally agree - I ordered the 12 week kit and changed everything that wasn't 5 stars - the lady I spoke with was super nice!! I think they know they have good products so they want everyone to be happy with their orders, and the recommending of them for customer service is an added plus!

back in March I put a fun size snickers bar in my desk drawer, to prove that I have the power over it, not vise versa...it's still there!! YAY ME!!

janell - I hear ya on the waiting game...hang in there - I'm sure your hubs is a shoe in!! Best of luck to him!! Would this mean you'll be in for a job change as well or is it close enough that you'll stay where you are??

Yes - My job hunt has ceased!! Talk about a relief! I love the company I work for and the job I do - the pay is GREAT, compared to any other financial institution in my area and the benefits are great too! So I really had to pray long and hard before I made the decision to start the hunt, something had to give...I'm SO glad that it's worked out this way...I feel 10 years younger and 500 pounds lighter!!

It's Friday girls...have a good one!!

pradaboy
09-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm so jealous of the ones getting cool weather! It is stilling getting up to the 90's here in Texas. I told the weather it has until wednesday to get it together! Lol....can't have 90 degree days on the first day of fall!

Kristikins
09-17-2010, 12:35 PM
No doubt Pradaboy - it's been high 80's up into low 90's here in TN too...we did have a chilly snap a couple weeks ago but it didn't last long...I'm SO ready for fall!! NOT WINTER...fall!! I have family in TX...where are you?? My crew is scattered, Rockwall, Midlothian, Waxahatchi, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus and Loredo!!

pradaboy
09-17-2010, 01:09 PM
No doubt Pradaboy - it's been high 80's up into low 90's here in TN too...we did have a chilly snap a couple weeks ago but it didn't last long...I'm SO ready for fall!! NOT WINTER...fall!! I have family in TX...where are you?? My crew is scattered, Rockwall, Midlothian, Waxahatchi, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus and Loredo!!

Yes, it was nice a couple of weeks ago when that tropical storm blew through! I'm located in Fort Worth. Also my name is Kenyon....just letting everyone on the board know so you all don't have to keep calling me prada/pradaboy...lol. :)

JanellBea
09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Kristi, thanks for the encouraging words! The current plan is that if Kel gets the job, he will relocate and I will finish out my teaching contract here and then try to find a job in the area for next school year. It is a rather small area so I doubt that it will be easy to find one. This is part of the stress of the situation. Kel and I have been married 23 years and have never been apart, so the thought of us livng a part is really hard on both of us. THe lake is about 2.5 hours away, so it isn't that far and we will be able to see each other every weekend, but things will change drastically.

goddessmeg
09-17-2010, 01:54 PM
1.9 Pounds Lost This Week!!! Grand total of 7.9 LOST, GONE, BU-BYE!!

I had a meeting this morning, so I had my WS cereal for breakfast and a Zone meal bar for lunch. I think I'll have a couple of shakes this afternoon and then proceed as usual. I ordered some meal replacement bars, so I should get them soon. Having something that I don't have to microwave should be helpful.

All of this job news! I love my job for the benefits and the amount of time I get off (isn't that kind of odd: I love that I can not be there!!). However, I work for the biggest micro-manager in the world! The people she supervise have over 100 years of experience, yet she's always buzzing around. She asks me to do something, I do it (correctly, I might add) but then she wants to edit what I've written or whatever. It totally drives me nuts!! The other day she told the other supervisor who's on the same level as me that he wasn't working hard enough! And lately she's been asking me what I'm working on. What's with that??!! Yes, I do have "free" time with my job, but I'm also a HUGE resource for my staff and others (in other words, I know my sh*t!!) I live for when she's not around! I've thought many a time of going to our director to ask her to chill out! If it wasn't illegal to spike someone's coffee with Valium, I'd soooo be doing that!

Anyway, survived my SS's School Open House last night. Of course PEX (Psycho Ex Wife) was there trying to be Mother of the Year. We did meet up in a couple of class rooms and as we were leaving, she says to the teacher, "Let ME know if there's any problems." Um, it took TWO of you to create that child and my DH is still the Father! I'll be emailing all of his teachers to say that we don't get school information in a timely manner (that's PEX's fault!!) so please keep us in the loop via email. We signed up for conferences without her. We can't stand to be around her because she goes on and on with questions about the homework (SS is old enough to know the instructions!) and about what SHE does to help SS. If people only knew that she is a complete and total FAKE.

OK. I'm done with her!! Anyway, good weekend to all! We're going to a football game tomorrow (riding our bikes to the shuttle bus) and I plan to clean out some closets so I can store the stuff I'm getting from being a Coupon Queen (which we plan to sell on garage sales!)

Kristikins
09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Kenyon - nice to officially know your "groovy" real name!! Don't hear that very often, I like it, so hopefully I'll remember it! Will do my best!

Janell - I know it'll be hard on yall to be apart, but it'll be worth it - if it works out...don't worry about it though, cause I've learned worrying does nothing, except make you sick...if it is to be, it will be; and it'll be fine...{hugs} Sounds like yall have a plan in place at least, so if it does work out - then you're ready!

Meg - Good for yall for contacting the teachers on your own! That'll help out TONS - to know what's going on w/out having to go thru PEX! I can totally sympathize with you on the micro-manager!! That's what mine was and why I was looking for work elsewhere...the phone would ring "who is that, what do they want" is what I'd hear...someone would walk in, "who's that...do they have an appointment?"...UGH...give me a break dude - I'm not 7, I can handle things on my own and IF by some GREAT chance someone needs YOU, I'LL LET YOU KNOW!!! Went to the extreme of telling me what to say to people when I called to set appointments...UGH double UGH....but now...BLISS..pure and simple!! I'll be sure to have a nice long talk with the next "boss" I get - I do NOT need to be micro-managed!!! Hang in there girlie...try to ignore as much of her as you can!!!

Where's my Water girl at???? And Harvester??? And Kelly???

jyoyo78
09-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Uh oh Kenyon...I might have to keep calling you Prada/Pradaboy....we used to have a Kenyon's Ice Cream parlor in my town...SO YUMMY!!! So if I call you that, all I will think about is a double scoop waffle cone!!! lol Kidding!!! I do love your name though :)

Janell - wow...why do things have to be double edged swords! But, it will be worth it in the end if you're able to live in your dream home, dream location, blah de blah :) Plus, we'll all come to visit...so double awesome for all of us too!

Meg....Triple AWESOME for you!!! Woot Woot!! Love when the scale cooperates!! Maybe we should put your boss, Kristi's ex-box, your PEX, my PEX (and his other PEX)...all in a room together and they can all just live happily ever after without us :)

My boss is retiring this year....totally love her and am getting really nervous about who the new boss will be ...ugh!!!

Onmywaytome
09-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Janell..2.5 hours away is not far..you guys will be able to handle it..my husband was always gone...anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 months..we just did it and it was ok...stay positive it will all be worth it.

Kenyon..I too wish it was cooler..it was 34 today here with the humidity 89%...I miss my Canadian fall.

Have a great day everyone!

jyoyo78
09-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Well...all you folks wanting cooler weather can have ours...I still want summer...we never really get one around here :( It'll be hot for two days....then, rain, rain, rain....oh and more rain ;)

Okay...weekend is here, another challenge to overcome. I've been SO SUPER DUPER good on my eating all week...and I've gained 2 lbs...so frustrating! I know it partially has to do with miss flo (little witch), so hopefully that will all be done by Monday's weigh in...otherwise I might just cry. It's so annoying to know that you've made such good, healthy choices...then to have it not show on the scale...ugh! I know, I know...the healthy choices are better for my body...blah, blah....but I want smaller closes dag nabbit!! lol

Okay...so this get up and move challenge has been so extremely difficult. I think I've only actually got up and moved once. Janell, you're a superstar at it! sheesh! Luckily I had the eating OP and drinking water going for me...not that it's helped me much...lol I've got to get my life in order so I can get an exercise routine going again. With my son starting school and two different after school activites, it's been virtually impossible to find extra time to hop around....lol

Okay...enough from me. Gotta get ready to go...we're heading down to pick up a FREE sofa bed from my mom. Then back home for some house cleaning, then heading to the races tonight for a firework show with some friends. Tomorrow will be church, b'day party for grandpa, then back to church for a class on Financial Freedom! lol Anyone ever heard of the envelope system? That's what we're doing...so far so good...we didn't spend hardly any money last week...it was amazing!! lol

okay...leaving for real this time...later taters!

goddessmeg
09-18-2010, 06:19 PM
jyoyo: I hear you on the frustration thing. Yes, my scale is going downwards, but my pants still all fit the same. Where am I losing inches? In my ring finger!!!! OK, and my boobs are 1" smaller. Trust me, they're going to have to decrease by MUCH more in order for it to be noticable! Of course, if I exercised, that might help.

I am SO out of shape! DH and I just rode our bikes back from the parking lot where we got the shuttle bus to the football game. Obviously bikes were designed by men, if you know what I mean! OUCH! And my legs feel like lead.

But my Coupon Queen mission this morning was a success: I spent $31.67 and SAVED $31.77! I picked up 2 boxes of Special K Protein Plus cereal. It looks pretty much the same as WS's cereal.

Waterwoman64
09-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone - have been trying to get all my work done and out of the way prior to blowing town tomorrow! Am soooooo looking forward to this little get-away! :beach:

Jyoyo - I have a few peeps that I would like to add to your 'virtual room' !
Am so with you on that scale aggravation! But you know TOM affects it all. You will surely be down in a week. It did help me to measure this week (only do it once a month) and those numbers are still going down. Then, behold! yesterday the exercise must have finally kicked in and the scale started moving again........
Hey, what is the 'envelope system'???

Janell l- It is sooo exciting to know you are closer to that dream house on the lake! You will do fine with those weekend visits, you will see.
I see you are still :kickbutt: on the challenge - but watch out there are some out there who you have definately challenged!

GMeg - :carrot: Congrats! on your loss this week!!! Are you able to go online at your SSons school - think that is such a great way to keep up. Am really impressed with your coupon savings and thanks for the Special K info!
Oh, by the way, I always lose from the top down too! Rings loose, shoes loose, but the butt is the last to go it seems

Onmyway - the pics. I was talking about are only for your private viewing.....unless you want to do a blog or something down the line like some others have done to show their progress. They take the pics. side, back and front view and do every few months - to be able to actually see how far you have come.

jyoyo78
09-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Okay Meg, what's this Coupon Queen thing you speak of? I must know ;)

Water - the envelope system is where you designate a certain amount of money each for different categories (groceries, personal, household, etc.). We put money in each Friday (payday) and once the money is gone for the week, it's gone. No more using the debit card or credit cards! Way too dangerous! lol It's much more painful spending the green stuff...which makes me spend it less. I still had money left over last week...hopefully I can save for something cool :) I have a friend who has done the envelope system for a couple of years....she and her hubby are now debt free and working on their nest egg....oh to be able to work on my nest egg! lol We'll get there!

goddessmeg
09-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Water: Yep. There's the parent portal so I use that to keep up with things. But we still miss out on lots of info.

jyoyo: I am really starting to gett into Couponing. My goal is to seriously stock up on stuff for free or nearly free and then sell it! Check out afullcup dot com. It lists tons of stores, what they have on sale and coupons that you can match up to the sale items to get things cheap. For example, the grocery store I went to today had double manufact. coupons. So, I got 2 jugs of Arm & Hammer laundry soap at the store sale price of 2 for $6 ($3 each when the reg. price was $11.50 for the 2). Then I had a $1 off coupon, which got doubled. So I paid $2 for each jug. Not bad. A CVS store just opened right by where I park for work. I literally walk past it every day. So, I have read up on how to save $ and get deals there. PLUS, I switched our Rx's there, so whenever I pick up an Rx, I can tax deduct my mileage to/from work since I'm getting Rx's. (I figured out that one on my own!)

Surprise! I got a check in the mail today. I had DH cancel my life insurance policy. He's an insurance agent and we took out a policy from the last place where he worked. Well, at that time, my BP was high, my blood sugar was high, I was rated "obese" on the BMI scale. So I still have life insurance thru work and I'll get another policy once all of my numbers are groovy.

Kristikins
09-18-2010, 10:30 PM
So sad that the weekend is half over...but had a good quiet day at home...slept till 10AM!! YAY!! Don't get to do that very much...we enjoyed the fair last night, didn't do too bad on eating there and did walk alot, for like 2 hours solid so that was good...just before we went I caught myself scarfing crap..then today it was hard to get back on - we had grandparents dinner at my sisters (breakfast for dinner) which I've said is my all time favorite! So I did some binging earlier today and then ate there...tomorrow we are having a crafting night at our church, so I'm sure everyone will bring finger foods UGH...I will try to be good, but ain't making no promises...Monday will be a new start - complete with movement!!!

Saw my HS boyfriend last night at the fair - from a distance...YUK..he's fat and gross looking now....eat your heart out is what I wanted to say, but hubs and I just walked on by...

As for couponing, I saved 41% last night at Kroger!! YAY!! And I use to do the envelope thing (when I worked at a bank it was LOTS easier), haven't done that in a while, but have thought about getting back on the path with it..it really does work!!

Yall have a good tomorrow...I'll try to check in tomorrow evening after crafting

MutableParadox
09-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Ordered 2 week starter kit. Getting back into the game! I may not get to post too much here as far as detailed updates, but I am going to try and keep my new weight loss blog updated as much as possible. =) http://mutableparadoxwl.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone is doing well! <3

luvmymutts
09-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Hello WS people! I have been reading and reading and have finally read all the WS posts so I thought I would drop in and join you guys. two and a half weeks ago I ordered the 12 week kit and was holding my breath, waiting for my delivery. Well, I checked the email delivery link and it said it was delivered and signed for. So when I got home, I was all excited and then discovered it was not there, that my husband did not sign for it (his day off) and had no idea where it was delivered. Diet direct was contacting Fed Ex to see where exactly the driver did deliver it and then my neighbor rang my bell to let me know he had it. Gee, it would have been nice to have a little sticky on my door to that effect. Then the boxes say on my table for a bit before I got the courage to give it a go. I have failed at WW so many times, and couldn't choke down NS food to give that another go, so understandably, I was worried about this being another waste of time and money.

Started on Sept. 7th and have honestly not been too pestered with cravings and being just plain hungry all the time--so I am stoked. This past week I did splurge a bit in no sugar ice cream and ordered some low carb snacky items from DD, so got a bit derailed, but I am firmly back on track first thing tomorrow. Got a bit wordy here, and I apologize, but I just wanted to get out of lurk-mode. Look forward to keeping up with how everyone is doing.~Susan

goddessmeg
09-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Kristi: Isn't it great to see old flames and know you're so much better off without them?! Couponing is getting addicting for me! Better saving $ than eatting food! I've only been doing it for a few weeks and so far I've saved $96.49!

Kelly: Welcome back!

Susan: I am a "WW Lifetime" member. I lost 23 pounds the very first time I joined. Obviously it didn't stay off! And I've been back so many times I think they were about to put in a revolving door for me! But to me, WS is soooo simple and easy!!!

Onmywaytome
09-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Just looked at the tracking for my order..it left Florida on the 17th..so it should be here..somewhere...in customs...can't wait to get it..hope everyone had a great weekend...

goddessmeg
09-20-2010, 09:43 AM
:woohoo:

Hey, Everyone! Dietdirect is having a sale on shakes/puddings this week: $8.49/box of 7. I plan to stock up. Actually, I need to order about a month's worth. If only my replacement stuff would arrive (I think today. Too bad there's no tracking info on that!!) I'd be sitting pretty.

I realized that I have lost 5% of my body weight!!!!! I can't wait until I hit 10% of it gone!! I still don't notice a difference in how my clothes fit. ;)

Kristikins
09-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Susan - Welcome!! I too have done WW so many times, even my Mom worked there as a receptionist - I still couldn't get their program to work for me - I want to eat all my points in crap food and then learned nothing about staying away from stuff like that...WS is WAY easy - very yummy - and absolutely working for me!! I'm down 44 pounds so far and started in April. I've been "cheating" some - but am back solid as a rock today! (not to mention my "cheating" has caused some sort of intestinal issues - YEP learned my lesson!!)...We'll be here to help you any way we can, so if you have a question - just ask away...or a comment...by all means, say it!! We are very open here!! oh..and glad your neighbor came clean with the goods :) nice of him to get it for you, but yeah he could have left you a note..Men just don't think sometimes :D

I'm thinking I have about a month left from my order...so I better be saving up some dough!!

Couponing is GREAT huh Meg??? We had a church ladies group gathering last night and they all wanted me to share some tips with them...hopefully they can do GREAT too!!

Gotta get busy...later taters!

JanellBea
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Hello ladies! Sorry I have been missing - just have so much to do. The moving truck comes a week from tomorrow, so I am feeling the pressure. I am holding steady with the exercise, but still not doing well with the eating. This is something new for me because typically I stick to the eating, but don't exercise. I am trying hard to get the exercise stuff ingrained in my brain that I have to do it for health not just for weightloss. I will keep checking in when I can, I love reading up on everyone, it keeps me encouraged. Thanks so much for all of your support!

MutableParadox
09-20-2010, 11:32 PM
I can not wait to start again. I think eating right is like trying to quit smoking. It takes more than one try for it to stick. I don't feel bad for going up and down right now. I'm getting the hang of it.

I think I've gained quite a bit back or at least I feel like I have. I haven't weighed in a few weeks. I'm retaining a bunch of water because I do that when I don't eat right...

I've definitely felt a bit of what it feels like to eat better (with the help of WS) and I felt great compared to now. I think I realize that WS is much better than feeling this way.

I am excited to really try again. ^_^

My mantra now is "You only fail by giving up" so no matter what I am going to keep going! Failure is NOT an option at this point.

Onmywaytome
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
MutableParadox..I like your mantra "You only fail by giving up"

I am still waiting for my order..so I have yet to start..I am still exorcising so thats a plus..at this rate I will need to order again two weeks after I start in order for it to be here..getting mind ready anyway ..hopefully by the end of this week my order will be here.
Have a great day everyone!!

goddessmeg
09-21-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm feeling like today is going to be a challenge. I've had my cereal and a shake and I'm feeling "empty." Lunch is provided for us today (subs) so that adds to the challenge. I guess I'll just try to weather through it.

LindseyLouWho
09-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey everyone!

It's been busy around here with lots of tests and assignments, so I'm sorry I've been scarce! Weigh in day is tomorrow, so I'm hoping for good news. Last week's weigh in was only down .6 lbs, which I was happy with considering I was traveling for half of that and didn't bring my food with me, since I was staying with a host student for a med school interview and didn't want to seem strange.

I'm also excited because tomorrow my shipment from Baja Bob's is supposed to come in. I ordered some individual margarita mix packets for times when I'm out with friends and some other things for myself, so that if I want to have a drink, I don't have to go way out of line with the sugar!

I'm still keeping up with reading all of your posts, though, so keep them coming! I enjoy reading even if I don't have time to reply often!

Kristikins
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Janell - did I miss something?? Moving truck?? Did your hubs get the job?? I'm sooo confused :?:

Meg - I hate days like that...meanwhile I'm scarfing down a box of Alphabits cereal, luckily it's just a small box, but I'm a big time stess eater..so here we go!! I think it's getting time for "Aunt Flo", seems I can't get satisfied all of a sudden...hang in there girl..be strong!

COUPON ALERT: I hit Kroger yesterday afternoon - didn't need anything, but had some ECoupons that were expiring - ended up getting a GREAT steal on 3 boxes of Cheerios, 1 bottle of Scope, 1 pkg betty crocker cookie mix and 8 yoplait yogurts...$8.45!! Saved 65%!! YAY ME!!

goddessmeg
09-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Janell: I wondered that too. Why are you moving??

Lindsey: Glad you could pop in.

Kristi: Here's my CVS deals from yesterday: purchased 2 lipsticks, 2 deo's and 2 shaving creams. Paid $13.15 out of pocket and walked away with $15.80 in Extra Reward bucks. I'm going back today to get a few other things and to spend!!

I ate 3 cookies.

Kristikins
09-21-2010, 07:14 PM
SAWEET Meg!! Girl you are playing the game the right way!! Isn't it fun! I think of it as a challenge - to see how much I can walk out of the store with and for the LOWEST cost! Our Walmart associates look at you like you're taking money from their pockets if you use coupons and don't even think about admatching - it's a crime in their eyes...so now Kroger gets the bulk of my business!! (plus they double coupons too!!)

Good for you for stopping with 3 cookies - I've been scarfing like a hog all day - got to be Aunt Flo on the horizon cause this ain't like me..not since April anyways...

goddessmeg
09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Kristi: Ready for My CVS run today? I walked out with 1 lipstick and 2 bottles of laundry detergent. I put $2.02 on my credit card (for which I get miles) and got $5 in ECB!! :carrot:

I have a grocery store run planned (oh, so carefully) for tomorrow at a store that does double coupons.

Good thing I have Friday off because that's what day my HUGE shipment (like 2 month's worth) arrives and it says it will need a signature. That's also when my replacements from what I returned should arrive.

luvmymutts
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi everybody--Tuesday was my weigh-in and I was shocked that "Aunt Flo" came super early this week. No wonder I was so hungry and craving lots of junk! I did some research and this is a side effect of starting low carb eating, but things should become regular in time. Good to know. In any case, I did lose 1.6--and that ROCKS! What I love in particular is that I am not crazy hungry all the time, constantly looking for the next opportunity to stuff the pie-hole. I tried low carbing in the past, and while I liked it, I am not a crazy bit meat eater, so only having to figure out one meal a day is fabulous.

JanellBea
09-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Sorry, must have forgotten to tell you we are putting our house on the market and moving down the street into a rental. Kel doesnt officially have another job yet, but it will come and everything he has interviewed for has been out of town, so a big move is in the cards. He talked to a recruiter today with more leads, so it is definately going to happen - just don't know when or where yet. The house down the street came open and it was a great opportunity, cheap rent and so close that the move will be fairly easy. We have been moving stuff in over the past week, trying to get all the little stuff moved and then the movers will just have to take the big stuff. We have two dogs and two cats, which doesnt make it easy to show the house, so we are hoping it sells faster empty.

I hear you gals about the stress eating and TOM. That is always a hard time for me as well. I love the mantra about never giving up - I totally agree. As long as we are still in the fight, we will WIN!! Never giving up is the key for sure!!!

Anyone watch the Biggest Loser tonight? I didn't even know it was starting again, they must not have advertised very much. I just caught the last half hour, but it looks to be another great season.

I actually left work early today and have been in bed sick - I think the stress is finally taking its toll. It is nice to be able to come on here and stay connected. Funny how we can all bond over our similarities and find comfort knowing we are all going through the same thing.

MutableParadox
09-21-2010, 11:39 PM
WS should be arriving tomorrow! Yay! I'll be restarting officially on Thursday. No more games! I am not waiting until Sunday/Monday to start. I am starting Thursday since I will have it tomorrow and will be able to go grocery shopping to get any extras.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Side Note: I am TERRIFIED to step on the scale. =(

Onmywaytome
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I am excited..just found out that my order just cleared customs! But it will not be delivered until Friday, as tomorrow is a holiday here! I am almost on my way to being me!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Kristikins
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi yall...UGH...my belly sure is rebelling against me for all the crud I've been scarfing...Today I'm totally on plan - have got to get this feeling behind me and get back to good!! So far I've had 8oz water, 1 shake and my WS cereal..will be eating my bar at lunch and then it's shakes only until dinner tonight!

Meg - your CVS trip is awesome!! We don't have one of those here anymore - but I did go to RiteAid and signed up for their loyalty card thing...haven't been to Walgreens to do that yet. Keep it up and your WS food will be almost FREE by using all your savings for it!

Janell - sounds like yall have a plan and I'm sure it's all going to fall into place like it should! Very smart move on showing an empty house vs one with critters in it...AND by renting you'll be able to pack up and move to where your hubs lands with no major loose ends left behind! Good luck to you girl..if I were close I'd help ya pack!

Luv - CONGRATS on your loss...sorry Flo came early for you; but at least you still show a loss! Hang in there!!

Kelly - YOU GO GIRL!! I'm soooo glad to have you back and because of my being bad lately (and know the repercussions of that), I know that your body will be glad you're back too!

Onmyway - Congrats!! You've only got 2 more days till your stuff is delivered! Enjoy!! Don't be overwhelmed by all the boxes - it's really great once you get everything in it's place all nice and organized!

I've got to get my eyes dialated today - just a regular thing my eye doc does annually...I hate it - it's sooo uncomfortable not to mention my BLUE eyes turn to black eyes!! TOO CREEPY!!!

goddessmeg
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I've got that "empty" feeling again today. Like I want to hit the vending machine and hit it hard! And I wonder if it's because I've been having some diet soda in the AM when I get to work?!! I've heard that it can cause cravings for sugar even though it doesn't contain sugar!

Anyone else notice that?

So my goal is to keep on track. No left-over cookies here today (I wonder why?!)

I did try the Special K Protein Plus cereal last night. It was OK. I put splenda on it and maybe didn't need to. I'm interested in tasting the Kashi cereal. But I need a COUPON to buy it!!

MutableParadox
09-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Got my WS and starting TOMORROW!

Ugh. Just got on the scale. I've ballooned back up to 270...wow I completely undid like all my previous hard work and then some!

Oh well. Time to get serious...again. It has taught me that no matter how hard I work this is never over and I will always have to work hard to lose weight and maintain but it will be worth it.

I'll be back on as much as possible. I really wish I had more time.

Also, yes it is night time here so I know that it is not so much an accurate reading on the weigh in. I did this mostly on purpose due to wanting to see a big first drop because I really could use more motivation. Also, I will be too tired to think in the morning as per normal and I probably would have forgotten. I am going to weigh in again on Sunday morning and keep that as my normal weigh in day as it is the only day off I have so it is easier to make sure I do it in the mornings.

Onmywaytome
09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Kristikins: I can't wait to get to get it and get organized...Hoping to start Monday as my husband finally has a weekend off (3 days in a row) so we will be out and about..mostly at the hospital with a friend who is 41 and has been fighting cancer for 4 years..traveling all over the world for treatments.. now as of Sunday he is now paralyzed totally on the right side. Just got a call from his wife...things are not good...so I am on call to look after their kids and my husband will be at the hospital with her tomorrow when she gets the news from the dr... so please send prayers this way..

Kristikins
09-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Meg - the Kashi cereal is loaded w/ fiber, but most of what I've tasted of it tastes like hay/grass and dirt...not a fan of it. Now I think they had one blueberry kind that was pretty good - flakes and blueberries...I just checked my coupon binder - I don't have any Kashi coupons - will keep my eyes peeled for ya though!!

Kelly - I totally know what you mean girl...my week hiatus caused a 3.5 pound gain (even with all those bathroom trips), but with being good yesterday I saw 1.5 of that gone this morning!! I too will keep my nose to the grindstone fo sho!! Hoping that you're doing well today - your official day 1!! Good to have you back!

Onmyway - sorry to hear about your friend...cancer is such a horrible disease - my Dads family has all been stricken with some form or another of it - malenoma, pancreatic, bone, brain, lung, colon...it's really scary! Know that I'm keeping your friend in my prayers as well as his wife/kids and you and your hubs too! It's a very trying time for you all! Not sure if you know or not - but your local chapter of American Cancer Society brings a case of ensure drinks monthly to cancer patients. It's worth looking into - if he's not already getting it. I have 2 cases delivered to my office each month - one for my Uncle and the other for a lady I met at a marketing function for work. That stuff is expensive and the free case a month sure can help out! Sometimes they can even swing 2 cases a month if the patient is really in need of it! They also help out with medical bills, gas cost to go to treatments, etc. Hang in there girl..if I can do anything from here, let me know, but my prayers are certain!

As I mentioned above I did GOOD yesterday! I can already feel the difference in my body...it's saying THANK YOU!!! Yall have a good day!

goddessmeg
09-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Kristi: I did get a box of Kashi yesterday because it was on sale for $2.99 and had a coupon for $3 off fruit! I had it last night and thought it kind of tasted like sugar puffs (whatever cereal "Sugar Bear" was on). Not too bad.

I forgot my coupon file at the grocery store last night!!!!! It had $10 worth of Easy Care Bucks for CVS in it. I ran back there, searched, asked and finally found it!!!!!!! Relief!

I totally get that I feel much better following WS to the letter. "real food" can upset my tummy a little. It's a nice change.

I should be getting my HUGE WS shipment tomorrow. Oh, boy!

My boss called in sick today!!!!! Hooooo rayyyyy!

MutableParadox
09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Alrighty! So I had the pudding and cereal this morning. I really couldn't get through it all. Texture of the pudding is. . .too weird for me. I wish it was more like pudding and less like mousse. I mixed the 2 together hoping for a parfait type thing, not quite! I suppose if I liked the pudding then it would have been good!

I'm on my morning snack. I mixed ½ banana in my chocolate shake and ate the other ½. Pretty good!

I did make it to the grocery store last night and got some microwave meals. Lean cuisine and such. Not necessarily too low carb, but easy and will make this even better. ^_^ Also got some fruit.

I'm feeling icky today, but oh well. lol

EDIT: Feeling better! Also, I tried Diet Dr. Pepper (Caffeine Free) with a vanilla shake and it was pretty yummy.

Kristikins
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh no Meg - I'm so glad you found your coupon file...I'd have been scared to death! My binder is like a right arm now!! Even though it's bulky and cumbersome to keep with me - it's nice knowing if I have to run somehwere for something spur of the moment - I probably have a coupon for that!! As for the cereal - Sugar Bear whatevers is one cereal I've never really liked...it makes the milk dirty, so I'm not a fan of that...glad you enjoyed your Kashi! It's definitely loaded w/ fiber!!

Kelly - I like to put my Almond milk on my cereal and let it sit for a couple minutes - I LOVE crunch - and despise sog - but have found that the choc and berries cereal flavors really perk up when it sits. Now, I still eat it somewhat crunchy as soggy textures make me gag..but it's really better I think! Glad your choco/banana shake worked out (banana's fall into that soggy texture thing and even the smell of them makes me wanna barf) - I never could get to liking the vanilla shake..I tried all sorts of stuff in it - SF jello different flavors and even some sodas...something about the ....TEXTURE...just wasn't right for me!..It really is nice to see you back though! I've been missing you!!

Speaking of missing....Where's Yoyo - Harvester - Waterwoman - Prada...or should I say Kenyon???? I know there are more missing...I bet they all went on a fabulous vacation over to Janells house to help her move and they are forgetting to check in....:dunno:

MutableParadox
09-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Had the Cheeseburger Macaroni lite entree. I'm not impressed. I kind of gagged it down, but I am going to finish it anyway bc I don't feel like sending it back. haha.

I made the chocolate cake for tonight. It's in the fridge bc I like cold cake. I put some hersey syrup on top of it, just a tiny bit. ^_^

I was very hungry today. Getting used to smaller meals again.

Have a good night!

JanellBea
09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
OK, waiting for those girls to show up and help me pack - they haven't arrived yet!?!?!?!

Onmywaytome
09-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks Kristikins..I will look into that..but I am in Hong Kong so things are a little different. The company his paying ALL his expenses so that's a great help. They have decided to do more radiation treatments fro the next couple f days..it will defiantly slow things down..well we hope.
Thank you for your prayers.

Its Friday afternoon here and still no delivery...they have 4 more hours...maybe tomorrow as the Post Office is open here on Saturday.
SO in the meantime I will continue as I always have with my shake for breakfast, salad and tuna for lunch and more fish for supper.

Is there anyone out there that has a gluten problem? If so did any of this food and which ones affect you?

Janell..have fun with that move...I know what that is like...
Have a great Friday everyone!

goddessmeg
09-24-2010, 10:12 AM
1.4 lost this week. 9.3 LOST TOTAL

I had really hoped to make the 10 pounds lost mark this week but I know exactly why I didn't. So I move on.

My 2 WS shipments are on the FedEx truck at this moment, ready for delivery. I have a sign on the door so the delivery person knows I'm here so I expect that sometime today I'll be swimming in WS products!

Kelly: I tried the shake/pudding as a pudding too and hated it. Now the pudding only product I LOVE. For the shake/pudding I've found that I like only the chocolate kinds and if I let them sit like 3 minutes they aren't gritty.

Janell: I'll be at your house just as soon as FedEx delivers. :D

I forgot! I took my Blood Glucose reading this AM. 118!!! That's what I was getting when I take the meds, which I'm not taking! I am thrilled. That's the lowest I've seen without meds in AGES! It's below even "pre-diabetes" levels! I hope to continue that trend!

MutableParadox
09-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I forgot! I took my Blood Glucose reading this AM. 118!!! That's what I was getting when I take the meds, which I'm not taking! I am thrilled. That's the lowest I've seen without meds in AGES! It's below even "pre-diabetes" levels! I hope to continue that trend!

That is so awesome! Grats! :carrot:

------------

UGH! I was having such a great day. Friday nights are one of the few nights I can have to myself. I get home and eat dinner and come upstairs to relax and I get an IM from downstairs that I have to go run errands. I was frustrated.

Then I while my roommate and I are running errands he stops at Taco Bell and tries his hardest to talk me into getting something. I said no over and over. He finally got it. I through a tantrum in my head and am still recovering. I feel like I am missing out because I love that food so much even though it's crap. I know in the end I will love being healthy and I will develop a love for healthier foods, but my goodness I have the mind of a 5 year old I think. I'm proud that I said no though.

I just wish people would leave me alone.

Have a great weekend!

MutableParadox
09-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Man oh man it seems like everyone is against me. They [roomies] were trying to talk me in to cheating on weekends and I again said no. It makes me feel left out, but I'll live. I feel 10x better already. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning.

MutableParadox
09-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm taking over the thread again it seems.

I'm down 5lbs. Yay!

Onmywaytome
09-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Still no delivery..ordered Sept 12 ..hopefully this week...

goddessmeg
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Kelly: Way to go!!! Even with the evil roommates trying to foil things up!

Onmyway: Grrrr. I hate having to wait for things I know are on their way!

This weekend hasn't been on program. To my mom's yesterday and down to see StepSon 1 and his GF at college today. We did stop at a HUGE candy store on the way home and I got the only bottle of sugar free soda I could find. Green River?!! I'd never heard of it and for good reason. It was nasty, but I was thirsty. And I had a sugar-free carmel.

This week will be back on track!

MutableParadox
09-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Man oh man this weekend was hard but rewarding. There were a lot of times where I had to catch myself wanting to just binge. It's emotional though. I eat to make me happy. I'm trying hard to find something else to replace it. Recognizing it for what it is seems to be helping.

There were just so many temptations. Luckily I think I am more realistic this go around.

I'm really liking this chocolate cake. I added a very small amount of cocoa powder to it and it was much better. I also got lite reddiwhip stuff and chopped up a banana put it all together and yummy!

I'm getting creative look out! haha. Have a good Monday!

goddessmeg
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Kelly: Glad things are going well. I'll have to chime in here to end your world domination of this thread!!

BRRRRR. It's 62 degrees in my office right now. Of course the heat isn't on in the building now so I'm freezing!!!

I plan to stay on plan today, even if it is Math Night tonight at SS2's school. And lucky me, PEX will be there too! Oh, an opportunity to show off that she's Mother of the Year so she's there! Shall I let it out that she wakes up SS2 at 6:30 AM so he can play video games??!! That would mar her reputation. Last year she had SS2 tell the teacher a LIE as to why he wouldn't be at a Math Night and then got busted when DH surprised SS2 and took him there!!

Anyway, they're serving "walking tacos" which have lettuce and taco meat and taco chips crunched up in the taco chip bag. If I don't eat the whole thing, I should be OK.

MutableParadox
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Happy Monday! It's a rainy day here. I'm in a good mood though. Today is my long day though. 12 hours. I won't get home until about 10pm. I don't like this schedule. It's only Mondays though.

Have a good day!

harvester
09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I've been really busy. Last week was my last week of work, so now I'm back to being a sahm. My house is a mess. It's going to take me a few days to get it back to normal plus I have this chair I need to reupholster. (It's a wingback if anyone has any experience and can pass along some much needed assistance!)
I still weigh about the same. This morning was my weigh in and I weighed 154.6. I'm losing these last few pounds VERY slowly. I'm also not following the WS plan to the 'T'. I'm starting to move toward maintenance, so that's also making things go slower. I did run 7.6 miles this morning which is the longest run I've done to date.
My body fat % is still higher than I'd like, so as the weather cools, I plan to do more weight training and shorter, faster runs.

goddessmeg
09-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Harvester: One thing I constantly think about is Maintenance. Do you have specific information or are you developing it on your own? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

LindseyLouWho
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Mutable, I've also found that the chocolate cake is pretty okay if you put a little orange extract in it, if you like the chocolate-orange combination.

Goddess, way to go on only having one sugar-free caramel! I was not so on plan this weekend since I was away all day Saturday at the renaissance festival, which resulted in me eating some dirt cake, fruit salad topped with ice cream, and then other munchies later when we went out drinking at the bar for the UFC fight.

The good news from my calorie-a-palooza from Saturday? Sunday morning I got right back on track. I had my fun, and now it's over with! Haha. I don't go out with friends much at all, so I deemed it a special occasion. Not expecting wonderful news on the scale this week, but as long as I at least maintain, I'm a happy camper! Lots of tests this week, so I'll be busy with that! Still reading you guys, though!

Kristikins
09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi yall! What a busy weekend!! Hubs and I went out Friday night to a big city about an hour from home - had to take son's Sr pics to Michaels for framing and then we went out to eat - MiMi's Cafe...YUM!!! I split my meal with him and then only ate about 3/4 of that!! Saturday I did OK - we had a family reunion, so that was my "L&G meal" even though it wasn't very L or G!! We went to the in-laws for dinner - but I was GOOD and took a shake and a bar (and a yogurt)...Sunday afternoon was my house cleaning day - what a disaster zone it was!! So I did good Sunday too - plus got in some movement cleaning our bathroom!!

Meg - Congrats on your B/G reading...that's SO exciting!! WTG on your hubs busting SS2 and PEX!!! Sometimes it's quite fun to play the bad guy!! Had never had walking taco's until at our fair...they were quite yummy!! And like you said...not too bad!

Kelly - Good for you girl for being strong over the weekend!! Sometimes non-plan eaters do make it hard to stay on task...but most of the time it's totally not worth the backsliding/belly issues that you have to deal with afterwards!! As for finding something to make you happy...have you tried scrapbooking/cardmaking type crafts?? I'm totally loving that stuff - have been doing it for about 10 years now...also, have found that I'm REALLY loving to read on my ipod...I got the kindle app - I've been reading some pretty risque books...hubs has sure been enjoying it too ;D how about making jewelry - that's pretty fun (I don't do that very often, cause the piece usually ends up looking totally wrong and I get irritated)...how about crocheting/knitting/crosstitching...hhhmmmm

Harvester - Congrats on your new positon as a SAHM!!! and WTG on your running expidetion...that's awesome girl!!!

Lindsey - WTG on getting back on track after your palooza!! Sometimes it's hard to just snap back on...

jyoyo78
09-27-2010, 03:34 PM
oh my goodness....lots of catch up reading. I was out sick all last week...I've never been sick for so long. I did LOTS of sleeping!!! ugh!!

I'm back though and I've kind of decided to give the whole WS thing a rest for a bit. Even though it's so easy...it's so hard...lol I've just been losing and gaining the same 5-7 lbs ever since I started! I swear, the only time I've ever been able to successfully lose weight is when I do the South Beach plan. So...I hope ya'll don't mind...but since I love it here, I'm gonna stick around...but just do a different plan, K? :)

I'm loving the couponing thing...haven't gotten the hang of it yet. But did figure out how to load coupons onto my Fred Meyer card (a Kroger company). Now I need to start hitting up the drug stores...they usually seem to have pretty sweet deals on things. I dye my own hair...cause I'm super cheap...and I don't really care that much...lol But I had a $3.00 off coupon for the type of hair dye I use...went to Freddie's...it was on sale for $4.99. So I ended up paying $1.99 for my hair dye...woot woot!! Then I had a coupon for $2.00 off a the hair cutting place. I have a very simple "do" so I just go to Great Clips or wherever. So yeah...cut and color this weekend was $15.00 :) woot woot!!

I need to get into knitting again. I have a ton of things I could work on...that ought to help keep me busy from wanting to binge! Also, have been getting into reading again. DH thinks its SO boring! lol I got a sack full of books at our libraries book sale for $6.00. I had like 20 books in there...so now I'm just working my way through them.

okay...all for now...gotta get some work done. I will update my challenge thread soon...but it ain't pretty!!

MutableParadox
09-27-2010, 07:40 PM
I have a Kindle and I love it. I'm reading War & Peace at the moment. I think I need to join some kind of group or something I really don't interact with people other than work, haha.

Today is going well but man I just am eyeing up the candy jar in front of me. I'm not hungry. In fact I haven't been hungry all day but I just want to munch on things. Oh well, I'm just bored at work I think. That is why I'm here!

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Onmywaytome
09-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Well here it is Sept 28th ..hoping it arrives today....North American postal service sucks! To mail anything from here to Canada takes 4 days from the States to here so far 15 days so far...must be on that slow boat to China!!!!

Good luck everyone! Hopefully soon I can be on the same track as everyone on here!!!

Kristikins
09-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Yoyo- We don't care what plan you're on...we just want you to be in here with us!! We're the cool kids after all!! Sorry you were sick...but glad you're better! There's some bug going around down here - luckily, I'm in an office all alone (at least it's good for that!!)...We've also seen a couple cases of the flu in our town already too....UGH...

Kelly - chew gum!!! That always helps me with the munchies!! As for a group...are you into papercrafting at all?? If so there's a really cool website Splitcoaststampers dot com and they have a forum for gatherings, plus you get some really cool updates on conventions, etc...not to mention the idea galleries...DA BOMB!!!

Onmyway - Sorry your stuff is taking so long...fingers crossed you get it soon!! My WS stuff is usually here in 2 days (but I'm 1 state over from their place)...but I certainly know how hard it is to wait on something you've ordered!!

Hope yall have a good day...

goddessmeg
09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey, gang!

jyoyo: Of course you can hang with us still!

Kelly: I'm very excited to get my Nook. I was going to wait until after Christmas (my mom gives us a check for Christmas; last year she gave us double!!) but I want it NOW! Plus I'm going to Orlando in Dec. and want it for that!!

Solong: sorry there's the delay! Have you ordered your next order already??

Kristi: I'm so thrilled I'm at the "cool kids" table. That's a first in my life!!

Well, I survived Math Night last night. PEX was her usual Nicest Person In The World. Ha! If people only knew! I fear for the future of America!!! Shouldn't 6th graders know their multiplication tables by heart?? Lots of kids stumbling!!! And they get to play games!! We never got to do that! SS2 is positive he knows more than us 3 adults combined. He does a shake of his head and it ticks me and DH off! But he's DYING to get a cell phone and we're tying it to his behavior!

Oh, and the "walking taco"? Nary a bit of green in it! No wonder I am "stuck." But I shall move onward and downward!

jyoyo78
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Wow...the "cool kids"....what an honor!! It's a first for me too :)

Meg...what a pain to have such a pain for a PEX...bleh! You and DH are doing right by your SS, wish the PEX would hop on board...sounds like she pretty clueless...or self absorbed....or both.

Kelly....same from me....chew gum! I have gum EVERYWHERE!!! In my purse, desk, car, home...you get the idea.

Onmyway...so sorry for such a long wait. I guess I can't complain about the 7 days it takes for my orders to get to me...lol. Hang in there, it'll get there :)

Dreary day here...but in an hour I am off to the Massage Therapist....aaahhhh....I need it so bad!! Luckily my insurance pays for it and I get an hour long massage for $6...he he...I almost feel guilty about it...but not really. Can't let that kind of benefit go to waste!