Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/155/138

Height: 5'6

Default Looking for General Suggestions

I am really mad at myself.
For the past 2 days I was not able to eat a protein at lunch. Both times were due to mix-ups in orders during a work/client meeting. So I really could not make a big production. Mixing my own drink caused enough strange looks.

I went to the center and they suggested having bars on hand, which would be wonderful, however, I have been waiting for the bars I ordered to come in since last Tuesday. I finally just settled for the mint ones in case of an emergency. I am just not a huge mint fan.

But now she told me I have to wait 3 days or 9 perfect meals to begin fat burning. I am so mad...should I have eaten off plan instead? I asked and she really did not give me a straight answer.Really what was available was not going to fly. I am just curious how you all handle this situation.
also, what about eating when you are not hungry...do you still do it. I just would like to prevent any future set-backs.
2b determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #2  
Sieze the Day

S/C/G: 180/161.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow - that really stinks.
Are you able to keep cheese sticks with you? I usually throw two in my purse in the morning and they keep for the day. That way if I'm on the fly I have something.
Just a thought. Good luck.
soon2b1hotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I think you are kicking yourself way to hard. The most anyone can do is handle any given situation the best we can, and it sounds like you did just that. I think you will see a loss no matter. I would say this though -- this diet is so amazing, but it is so much easier once you get into the groove. So easy to make occasional mistakes in the beginning -- so easy! You just must always be prepared which is way easier said than done. A couple of other easy sources of protein to keep on hand is cottage cheese, boiled eggs, and low-sodium Boar's Head Golden Classic Chicken (from deli).
You will get it all worked out and then just enjoy watching the transformation. All the best.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #4  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

First of all, i want to comment on the 3 day thing. Everyone's body is different and who knows exactly how long it will take you to get back into fat burning. I have shown pink on the ketosis stick MAYBE twice, but I've still lost weight and inches. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to, you are fine.

A good suggestion for you would be to check out the fat/carb blocker. It's very handy to have. If i get in a tight situation, i pop 2 of those 20 minutes before my meal and they help block out the fats and carbs that you ingest. Definitely not the ideal situation, but at least you are still eating!

And yes, eat even when you are not hungry. Keep your metabolism going.
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #5  

Default thanks

I feel better. I was just kind of bummed because there was supposed to be something "safe" for me to eat. The 2nd day, they promised I could have a plain chicken breast sandwich and someone else took it and by the time she realized it was mine she had already put mayo on it and started eating it.
I am going to be more aware on carring around "my" foods/snacks. At least I will remember to not let it happen again.
Also, the carb blockers sound good. I am kind of an all or nothing personality by nature..so i am going to try to stay op exactly. if i give myself an inch i will totally take 18 feet
Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Hey 2b determined, don't beat yourself up too much, there are times when staying on plan just isn't possible and you have to choose the lesser of two evils (skip a meal? eat the wrong thing? eat not enough protein?).

I travel a lot for work as well and recommend the following:
- yes, the meal bars will be very handy and for lunch you still eat a veggie. You can slyly eat them without making a big deal about it.
- I'll take a clear HNS and just drink it straight out of the pouch before or after my meeting instead of feeling weird about mixing my crazy thing in front of clients.
- The F&C blocker are good for those days when you can't be totally in control. I've had meals that i've taken them and still been in the pink zone after wards.
- the 3 day/9 meal thing is a guideline but everyone is different. Just last week, I had two off plan meals in a row, then on plan meals in a row and was already the perfect shade of pink. ALSO, just because it's not pink doesn't mean you're not burning fat. Too much water can make it not pink (deconcentrated).
- WHENEVER you eat slightly off plan, make a deal with yourself to drink a lot more water. With extra water, the impact is definitely smaller.

It's good that you have the all-or-nothing kind of personality, but make sure to differentiate between YOUR CHOICES when you eat slightly off plan and circumstances. Some days I choose to eat off plan and that's me and thats what we're here to work on. Other days our circumstances make it so we can't get 8 oz of veggies for a perfect protein and those are the ones I let slide a bit easier without beating up on myself.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #7  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default What works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b determined View Post
I was just kind of bummed because there was supposed to be something "safe" for me to eat. The 2nd day, they promised I could have a plain chicken breast sandwich and someone else took it and by the time she realized it was mine she had already put mayo on it and started eating it.
I am going to be more aware on carring around "my" foods/snacks.
I teach in a public school, and the cafeteria meals are free to employees. After much frustration with trying to have the provided food fit with my program, I finally just gave up and started bringing my own lunch every day. The water in the building is nasty tasting, so I bring all my own water every day, too. My DH bought me a little pink (Susan G. Komen) Playmate cooler to carry everything in. I freeze one of my 20 oz. water bottles (allowing air space for expansion) to keep everything cold. I put in two more water bottles, plus 3 already-mixed HNS drinks in little 8 oz. water bottles, plus my lunch. It all fits! I do everything the night before, so I don't have to think about it in the morning.

Yesterday I had two tomatoes sliced up with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt; 4 oz. of cooked shrimp (thawed from a package of frozen) with lemon, and a slice of watermelon. All of my table mates wanted my lunch! I try to make my lunches delicious and pretty so I look forward to eating and then I don't miss what everyone else is having.

Be encouraged... you will find what works for you long-term. This works for me, for now. I find I basically eat the same things from week to week, which makes shopping and planning much easier.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone...I brought my cooler with me today, I feel much more organized and I think it is getting easier.
Have a wonderful week!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #9  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

You could also keep canned tuna or chix breatst in your desk for emergencies they dont have to be kept cold until opened that is! : )
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote