Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default Stomach flab

I feel sooo annoyed about this right now for no apparent reason .. lol

I've lost a little over 35 pounds now ... and THINK I would like to lose about 20 more (We'll see) and I have gone down 2 sizes and I know there is a big difference but my stomach is still SO flabby. I swear it's the biggest fat deposit on me. I hate it! Will it ever actually go away ... it really doesn't seem like it.
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hah I find that I'm wondering the same thing. I've lost.. um.. mathematics failing me.. um.. just over 20pounds? (12 this time) or something.

Maths aside, I know what you mean. I have this stupid fat stomach. I cannot see it getting any smaller! It must, right? IT MUST!

I am continually looking in the mirror from different angles when I get changed thinking it looks different and then realising it probably doesn't.
Sorry I don't have any advice, just comiserations.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

so, Im totally not here to help you with your problem as I find myself looking like Im pregnant half the time.

I don't know why but my tummy just sticks out, I've been trying to lower my carb intake as well as my diet coke drinking habits, but i guess only time will tell.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post

I am continually looking in the mirror from different angles when I get changed thinking it looks different and then realising it probably doesn't.
Sorry I don't have any advice, just comiserations.
Me too! Every single day - multiple times! haha.

I look at my stomach every single day and wonder what's going to happen to it, and if it's ever going to be..........semi-flat.....ish. Or if I'll my bellybutton will ever see the light of day again.

It would be so nice to see pics of someone whose stomach was flabby, and then got flat. Real pics I mean, not doctored up ones in magazines.....

~BreathingSpace~
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I have a little inch-wide spot on the right side of my stomach that doesn't hang over any more, but that's about the extent of my tummy progress. The left side still hangs over a lot! It's super annoying; I'll try on a dress that looks great on the right and it's all belly on the left. ugh!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 08-26-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #6  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm also in the boat of having a huge stomach. Even with 35 ish pounds gone, im no where near having a flat stomach. Ive heard some people say that with time skin 'snaps back' or tightens, especially if you haven't lost a terribly huge amount.. i will undoubtedly have loose skin once i lose over 100 lbs, probably enough so for a tummy tuck, but that is far into my future right now. I have also heard, just like toning your arms and stuff, that doing abdominal exercises can help firm / flatten the stomach.

Last edited by Phoenix301; 08-26-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #7  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

if any one figures out how to flatten a belly please tell me mine hangs down really low
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #8  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I hate my stomach. So much.
No matter how small I get it is still there. I feel like I've made no progress but I've taken measurements and I know I have.
I guess we all have our problem areas.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Lots of people say that belly fat is the last to go!! I absolutely hate my belly and its 3 spare tires and I cannot wait for it to be GONE!!!! I do an intensive ab workout routine everyday so that when the belly fat is gone, I will have a nice layer of muscles waiting for it! I don't want to lose the weight then say "OK, now to start toning!" - I am toning while I am losing the weight. I have noticed that although my belly fat itself probably hasn't changed - the way it carries is better since I started working my abs so much. It sits tighter than before.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I found that the more weight I've lost, the more jiggly my stomach is cause there's no fat under the skin to keep it tight. My stomach is not as fat as it was, but it looks no better in my opinion. Sigh...
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #11  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

I still have a poochy tummy, and honestly I'd start looking too boney if I lost much more. It's not nearly as poochy as it was, and it was definitely the last thing to finally go. But there's still a pooch. My tummy and I are kind of on a day-to-day basis. I wake up and get dressed and sometimes I'm pleased with the close-to-flatness and other days I wonder if an alien abducted me and impregnated me with a lard baby.

Part of my problem is flat out genetics. I genetically store my first fat reserves in that area under my belly button. Nothing but lipo could fix that problem. But it's partly under my control...I refuse to go way low carb to try and get rid of my pooch, so oh well. Also I don't do as much strength and toning training as I should. Again..oh well. Screw it.

ETA: ...another factor that influences the degree of my poochy-ness is if I had a successful mission in the bathroom that morning or not. If I did not, sucking it in is much harder, lol. Hehehe

Last edited by mkendrick; 08-27-2010 at 08:54 AM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #12  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

okay, so this girl here on this forum is like my inspiration at the moment.

here is a link to her before and after pictures, and she looks SO amazing!!
Jennie weight loss

I think she said she does that p90x and pilates. I just thought i would share this if some of you guys haven't seen her mini goal thread.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 AM   #13  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

amazing! Thanks for that link Mickey!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Ok so I've lost over 130 pounds... I'm not "skinny" yet but I can tell you ....honestly if you start with a tummy problem your going to always have a tummy problem... my upper body is little... I wear a size medium or small shirt from most places... my tummy however under my belly button is flabby and flappy and my butt and hips have yet to go anywhere...

I know that the people who have the best bet in the tummy area are those that didnt necessarily have a tummy flap or anything... more of just a round belly...I didnt have that... I always had an hourglass shape even at my heaviest.

I'm hoping for it to get better and obviously you cant tell when I'm wearing clothes but when they come off I'm soooo grossed out...

and honestly how do you explain such things to say a boy who has no clue you were ever fat... he's going to think I have 10 kids running around somewhere
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #15  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

It's really annoying, I totally hear you! I keep losing weight, but for the life of me I can't figure out from where. My whole upper body is pretty much bone and muscle, I can barely touch my calves without discomfort because they're all muscle.... but my stomach just doesn't seem to be moving. So where am I losing weight??? That's the ONLY place (except for maybe my thighs/saddlebags and the dough rolls on the sides of my back) that need fat loss.

I also know I'm getting stronger abs, because I'm so much better with all of Jillian's ab workouts... I can even do a sit-up. Those muscles are just hidden under all the fat that won't go away. Poor muscles... lol.

Ah yeah... it's frustrating. The top part has actually come in quite a bit... like, my boobs stick out now (lol) ... and around the sides, but that lower part just doesn't budge. Like it seems like it's barely lost any inches since I started. Luckily I can kind of cover that up with my jeans so it looks smaller than it is when I'm dressed...

Last edited by singforthedayx; 08-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote