100 lb. Club - You never know what will save you......

Nada
08-26-2010, 01:37 PM
One of my co-workers brought in banana pudding and I was headed to the break room for "just a taste" when I spotted one of my other co-workers in there whose eating habits leave something to be desired (let's leave it at that).

I just poured myself a cup of black coffee and headed back to my desk.

LiliK
08-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm glad you were able to make a good decision, no matter the reason. :)

mkat321
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Congrats on maintaining your focus and resisting the temptation.

annie175
08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Congrats for you....Rock on!!

Pacifica Bee
08-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I passed on my first batch of clothing (my largest 26/28 size) to one of my co-workers. She wears one of the shirts pretty regularly now. This is terrible, but all I need to do is look at my old shirt in someone that is filling it the way I used to, and I get all kinds of motivation for the day.

It feels like a 'bad' thing to think about someone, but at the same time, it makes me really appreciate my own will and makes me happy with myself for making good choices. I have a reminder in front of me that is a terrific watermark of the past.

So I totally get where you are coming from - and good on you for making good choices!!

Coondocks
08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
I passed on my first batch of clothing (my largest 26/28 size) to one of my co-workers. She wears one of the shirts pretty regularly now. This is terrible, but all I need to do is look at my old shirt in someone that is filling it the way I used to, and I get all kinds of motivation for the day.

It feels like a 'bad' thing to think about someone, but at the same time, it makes me really appreciate my own will and makes me happy with myself for making good choices. I have a reminder in front of me that is a terrific watermark of the past.

So I totally get where you are coming from - and good on you for making good choices!!

I have the same motivation . . . I gave a lot of clothes to my neighbour, they were a bit snug on her but for the most part fit her perfectly, and I couldnt help but think Holy Crap, is that what I looked like . . . not going back there again. I feel bad that I immediately had that reaction, but to some degree I don't because I've been willing to make the changes I need to so I don't fit those clothes anymore.

lovemyboy
08-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Good for you! Take the motivation however it comes. I sometimes try on the one outfit of older clothes from before I started that I've saved. I also now look at people who I used to think were a healthy weight before I started that are now bigger than me.

althepirate
08-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey, man...whatever it takes ;) My personal motivation? Not to be the biggest person in my classes anymore!

StarvingPoet
08-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Good job! *thumbs up*