20-Somethings BL Corner - ~~~Team Nike Week 1 Chat~~~

View Full Version : ~~~Team Nike Week 1 Chat~~~

KimL1214
08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

abluvion
AlyssaMcN
brooksrm
charleston424
denice81
envelope
goingintomy30s
JenB
Jessica88
joyra
kristilinn13
love114
Matilda08
Mickeypnd
misstraveller (Team Leader)
optwoobs
Sameen
shakeurbooty
summershine
zanheltangia

misstraveller
08-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi ladies!

:welcome2:
My name is misstraveller and I get the privelege of being the team leader and a member of Team Nike! I'm looking forward to this challenge, and I know a few of you from the last challenge and the boards. Hopefully this will be a great experience for all of us and I'm looking forward to kicking butt in this challenge with all of you!!

:carrot: GO TEAM NIKE!! :carrot:

I was a bit curious about our goddess, as I really only related that name to the shoe brand! :running:

So here's a bit of information I found out there in cyberspace:

Nike was the winged Goddess and considered the spirit of victory, both in battle and in peaceful competition. Nike was one of the first to come forward and support Zeus when he began his battle with the Titans. She is also known as the Goddess of Wisdom and War or the Goddess of Victory and Triumph.

This is awesome! Hoping for lots of personal victories and team victories for all of us as we start this challenge!

:goodluck: to all of us!!

zanheltangia
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Heya, Miss! :wave:

I think our Goddess is a rather encouraging sign, :D

abluvion
08-26-2010, 02:31 PM
:wave:

I agree. Victory shall be ours! muahaha!

JenB
08-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi team! This is my first BL challenge and I'm so excited! I hope this will be a really fun and successful experience for all of us. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better! Good luck with the first weigh-in this Sunday!!!

zanheltangia
08-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Fancy seeing you here, Ab! ;)

Hm. I think JenB is onto something there. :D I don't recognize a lot of the names here. :o

Well, Zan here, reporting for "weight loss" duty.
A rather silly 25 year old currently hailing from Florida's Space Coast.
I've got a sit-down job and various sit-down hobbies (Writing, World of Warcraft, watching various TV shows and anime, and Urban-Fantasy reading), which probably explains part of why I am here, ;). The other part is that I'm tired of my weight holding me back from all the trouble, err, fun, I should be having. :devil:

I'm looking forward to the challenges, we didn't have them the last two times, so this should be... interesting.

AlyssaMcN
08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone, it's nice to meet you, and I'm very excited to be on team Nike! Our goddess seems pretty awesome.

My name's Alyssa, and I'm 21 years old, going into my last year of undergraduate study. I spend most of my time studying, working, and extracurricular activities on campus. For fun, I mostly like watching movies and the occasional party.

I started getting serious about getting healthy a month and a half ago, and I think BL will be a great way to keep at it.

I can't wait to get to know you all more! :cb:

abluvion
08-26-2010, 03:58 PM
JenB - this is my first one too, should be pretty nifty :)

Zan - howdy stranger ;) you realize most of your hobbies start with W, right? except the reading part, though it might slide in this case to spell it wreading. :dizzy:

Alyssa - what do you study? sometimes I miss being in school... but mostly I like having the income that comes with not being a student!

Me, I'm on the verge of turning 27, which I don't like. Too close to 30. Eep. Let's see, I live with my boyfriend and two old cats... We enjoy tabletop and board and card games, I love cooking and reading and knitting (especially knitting) and camping and hiking. We have a camping trip planned for late September and a cruise (!!) in October that I would love to shed some weight for! :D

denice81
08-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Heya team! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you as we all get healthier and skinnier!

I used to hang out on 3FC in 2006 and just making a resurgence recently.

I'm 28 years old. Married and mom to a 9 month old girl. I work part time as an art gallery director, and love spending time outside. My weight loss strategy is following the ww points system and I run 1-2 miles 4 times a week. Also just trying to incorporate more movement into my everyday life.

charleston424
08-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi team! I'm excited to be a part of this challenge! I've been eating healthy and exercising since January, losing VERY slowly, and am in the process of being checked for thyroid problems!

I work full time in an account management position where I spend about 80% of my day traveling throughout the region which makes meals very difficult. I live with my boyfriend of 2 years who is currently gone with the military for two months. I thought this would be a great way for me to keep busy waiting for the days to pass until he comes home! :)

JenB
08-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I didn't introduce myself in my earlier post, so here I go!

I'm 28 years old. I live in Manhattan with my husband of 2 years. I am a physician doing my residency in psychiatry. My hobbies include crossword puzzles, trying new ethnic cuisines, and reading fiction. I originally joined 3FC to lose weight for my brother's wedding, which was in May. I never quite made it to my goal so I'm still on here trying to lose the last 10lb. I mostly run for exercise (I try to do 4-5miles 4-5x/week) and I calorie count.

Abluvion -- I have 2 cats too! (though mine are middle-aged).

Zan -- what do you write? (writing professionally has always been a hidden fantasy of mine...)

Alyssa -- how has it been trying to lose weight in college? I remember having those unlimited buffets in college, which made eating healthy so difficult.

Denise -- congratulations on your 9 mos old! That must be such a fun age! Is she starting to say any words yet?

Charleston -- that sucks that your boyfriend is gone for 2 months, but this seems like the best way to spend the time! good for you!

misstraveller
08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Guess it's my turn to introduce myself. I'm 29 years old (yes, i'm gonna be knocking on 30's door come May of next year..eek!!), live in Savannah, Georgia with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years, and his dog who is now apparently ours :).

I work for the military, and just moved back from living in Italy for four years. It is a bittersweet move, as I miss the travelling opportunities, but am happy to be with my boyfriend and back where you can buy milk at midnight at Wal-Mart if you so choose! On the flip side I travel every month to either Puerto Rico or Miami, so it's definitely not a bad gig. I will be travelling during one week of this challenge in fact, but will definitely be online still!

For fun I love to read, cook, eat at fabulous and interesting restaurants, bake, watch movies, listen to good live music, go to the beach and camping, decorate cakes, and of course travel!

Zan - lol, love that your goal is to lose weight so that you can have more fun...er.... trouble. They go hand in hand, right?

abluvion - Cruises are supposed to be awesome! Where are you going? That sounds so great.... ahh, vacation.

Alyssa - College is so awesome, I miss it a lot, even 7 years later! What do you want to do when you finish?

Denice - Congratulations on your baby girl! Being an art gallery director sounds like so much fun!

Charleston - Is your boyfriend in the Navy? That is hard! My boyfriend is gone for just a week right now out in Washington state, and I can't stand it!! Guess I've been spoiled the last few months of living with him after being apart for two years.

Jen - Sounds like you're a pro at this weight loss stuff! Manhattan is amazing, I love visiting! How long have you lived there, and do you plan on staying there after your residency is done?

AlyssaMcN
08-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Zan - I'm with you on the trouble, I definitely need to have a little more in my life!

Jen - The college thing definitely makes it tricky! I'm living off campus for the first time, so I don't have to rely on the dining hall anymore, which is good (unlimited pasta and cookies!). The drinking/partying environment also doesn't help.

misstraveller - I'm considering both grad school for biochemistry and medical school right now. I'm going to take a year off to work in a lab and think about the options.

abluvion - My major is chemistry. That's so cool that you're going on a cruise, I keep hearing about how amazing they are!

charleston - I'm sorry that your boyfriend is away, I'm sure that's hard!

abluvion
08-26-2010, 08:39 PM
denice - I'm following WW points too! sounds like you have a great plan.

charleston - my boyfriend is in the military too (navy) and I am not looking forward to him being deployed. We met right after he came back from his first deployment so I haven't had to go through one yet...

JenB - yay kitties :) You're so close to your goal!!

misstraveller - you are indeed quite a traveler! What kind of dog do you have?

Alyssa & mistraveller - the cruise is just a weekend thing, it's not very long. They literally take us out to the middle of nowhere then turn back to port :) My sister is turning 30 so the family is going - as my dad says, a "cruise to nowhere" kind of resonates with turning 30 ;) I'm excited though, I have never been on one!!

Well I went to the Y tonight for the first time to check it out, I think I will get a membership there! They are waiving the joiner's fee next week so I will wait til Monday to go to sign up. They have all sorts of classes and everything, I am excited!

AlyssaMcN
08-26-2010, 09:32 PM
abluvion - I go to a Y for my workouts as well, it's fantastic! If your Y has kettlebell classes, I highly recommend them. I've been doing it for a couple months now two times a week, and it's amazing.

charleston424
08-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Y Go'ers- Do you find that they get too crowded? The boy and I toured one here but it didn't seem too big! I went to Planet Fitness but cancelled because it was too crowded when I went.

ablu- Are you in Hampton Roads? My boy is Navy (Misstrav-Totally jealous of you living in Italy!!) He doesn't deploy because he's full time support to reservists but he's switching over to supporting Marines, but he'll still be Navy..confusing, I know :)

alyssa-Chem major? You're brave! Organic chem was the only college class I failed. :( I was a Comm major though, I only have the other side of the brain that doesn't involve science. Haha.

Mickeypnd
08-26-2010, 10:46 PM
well hello, All. my name is Lindsay. I am 22 and . . . yeah. :D

everyone here see,s to have really interesting life's. I on the other hand, am rather boring. :^: Imma nerd.

this is just a quick hello, but I look forward to posting more later. and this is my first challenge, so yay!!:carrot:

summershine
08-27-2010, 01:03 AM
hello thar! My name's Summer and I'm a foodaholi-oh wait, wrong thread :P

I'm a slacker student, semi-competent cook and procrastinator extraordinare! I read a lot, and say I write a lot but these days my 'writing' is limited to spamming various forums. :D

First challenge woooooooo :carrot:

abluvion
08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Alyssa - I will have to look, I am intrigued by kettlebells! I think I would die, but I don't mind dying once in a while :)

Charleston - The Y here didn't seem to crowded, it was the first time I went and I went basically in the after work time when I assume it'd be busy. There were lots of people there yes but there were 3 rooms of machines as well as rooms for classes, an open gym, and 2 pools. Also, I didn't realize you were in VAbeach! I'm in Portsmouth! Howdy neighbor!

Mickey - :wave: Yay nerddom :)

Summer - Good to meet you! What are you studying?

So now that I'm all pumped after going to the aquafit class last night (the first time I had been to a gym since 2006, no joke), I have to wait til Monday to go back for anything :/ Unless I want to pay $75 more than I will if I wait... but I'm all motivated NOW, I want to go NOW! hehe... Patience, I do not have it.

Sameen
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone!!! its great to see the old faces and the new ones!!!! i hope this challenge is as good as the last one! I'm Sameen and i have just graduated with a fashion marketing degree. I have recently started teaching and also started my own event planning company. So my mornings are spent at school and then right after school i go to my other work. I have been very particular about exercising everyday but i haven't done so in a week now :S I have lost almost 80 pounds since I've started loosing weight but i guess i have another eighty to go hehe! anyways i hope everyone is well! i haven't gotten the time to read the whole thread yet, but i will soon. Anyways Happy Loosing! and GO TEAM NIKE!!!

zanheltangia
08-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Ab, I was tempted to leave reading out. ;) Tabletop games? Oooh, do tell me more, :D

JenB, oldly enough, I think I'd be happy enough just to finish a book (no overpowering desire to get it published, just get one written and "finished"). The one that I am working on now is kind of Urban Fantasy. :D

Misstraveller, that seems to be "how it goes". ;) I'd like to purposely "get lost" in the woods (With all the supplies and things I'll need to get Un-lost, of course), as odd as that sounds, but I figure dropping a bit more weight and upping my exercise level would make that more Fun than Trouble (I'm all for an adventure!)

You all have me wondering if there's a Y in my county. ;)

Mickey, :high:
Nothing boring about being a nerd, you've got a fellow nerd right here!

Matilda08
08-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Good morning team!!! I already see a few familiar people from other threads. Id like to wish you all good luck. WE can do this I have faith in you all!!!

Im a calorie counter and I try to aim for five workouts per week for an hour each. This is my 3rd bl loser challenge and so far ive been doing pretty ok.

Matilda08
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I didnt really get to introduce myself either. Im Matilda from NJ I am a student and I also work for an accounting firm. My major is liberal arts as I am planning on becoming an accountant. Right now I attend a community college. Im actually 30 lol but when I joined 3fatchicks I was in my twenties and ive gotten to know so many people on the 20 something board I dont think Ill ever leave:) Im also a mother of two children. I love reading, we have one hamster but I want a dog lol. THis is all about fun and above all lets enjoy this challenge!!!

Matilda08
08-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Anyone know how to make a banner for our team????????

zanheltangia
08-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Matilda! :wave:

Matilda08
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I found an image but does anyone know how to put 20something bl loser challenge on the banner ?

denice81
08-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Started off to a great morning with a low weigh-in and a run in a local park. The wildflowers here are off the hook amazing this month. It was fabulous! I’m looking forward to a productive weekend and some family time.

JenB – Thank you! She is a blast right now! She says Mama, Dada, bye, no (ahhh!), and my favorite, she purrs at cats! How long have you been running? I’m a total newb and would love to get to the 4-5 mile/run point in the next few months but don’t know if its reasonable.

Abluvion – Yay for WW! I don’t know where I’d be without it really. How much is the monthly YMCA membership? I’m thinking about it for the winter months since I KNOW I won’t want to go out in the snow and exercise.

Alyssa – What is kettlebell? I’m intrigued!

Mickeypnd – HI!!! Looking forward to getting to hear more about you! I identify as a nerd too, and proud of it!

Sameen – Wow, 80 lbs is wonderful, congratulations! My mom went to FIDM for fashion, it seems like a really fun industry! Event planning sounds great too!

Everyone else, Helloooo! I’m jazzed about this challenge and getting to know you!

zanheltangia
08-27-2010, 02:46 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/S_johnson84/Its-Friday.jpg

45 minutes until my weekend officially starts! :carrot:

AlyssaMcN
08-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Denice - Kettle bells are weights that have handles, you can do a google search to see what they look like. The exercises can vary a lot, depending on the instructor. The classes I go to have a mix of aerobic activity and weight training with the kettle bells. It's a really great workout for the whole body.

Jessica88
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone!
I am Jessica I am from Arizona and recently just graduated from ASU with my BS in Marketing. I am currently looking for a job (which isn't going too well) and hopefully will find one soon! I have been on my journey for a little over a year and for the past month I have not been on plan or exercising at all :( Since i moved back in with my family I have found it really hard to stay on plan and exercise so I definitely need this challenge to help me get back on track and lose the last 20 lbs! I can't wait for this challenge to start!

summershine
08-27-2010, 10:39 PM
abluvion - I'm doing highschool night classes, hoping to get a better score...or at least one that will get me into university!

aaaaaaand I'm also working on a Team Nike banner :D stay tuned!

summershine
08-27-2010, 11:10 PM
aaaaargh! *pulls hair*

I made a banner but I have <25 posts so it wont let me post it. Lemmie go spam some then I'll be back :P

summershine
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/5v6phg.jpg

what do we think?

yes no maybeso?

Matilda08, I liked the picture you had but it was so teenytiny I didn't know what to do with it! Still messing around with a few banners, though. variety is the spice of life!

JenB
08-27-2010, 11:23 PM
I love it!!!

summershine
08-27-2010, 11:37 PM

round two!

http://i37.tinypic.com/25jjeo7.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/ncdyqa.jpg

misstraveller
08-28-2010, 11:35 AM
summer - WOW these are awesome!! Love the animated ones! What program did you use to do these? Thanks for doing these for the team :) For everyone's info, how do you save and post these in our signatures?

misstraveller
08-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey ladies,

:welcome3:

Just wanted to welcome everyone again and give a friendly reminder that tomorrow is weigh in day!

:comp: Post your weight in the weigh-in thread at any time up through midnight tomorrow night by editing your post. Please try not to re-post, so we can keep the thread manageable!

Let's kickbutt and have everyone weigh in on time!! :kickbutt:

Sameen
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Matilda- Its good to see you here again! we have been together in more than two challenges i'm guessing! Good luck with this one!

Jessica- Wow, a year!! thats great! living with family can be tough! don't worry you will get used to it and will be back in routine in no time! good luck job hunting!

Zenhaltangia- Hope you have a good weekend too!!!

Denice- Thank you!!! it is a great industry!

Summer- love the banners!!!!

How is everyone doing? hope everyone is ready for the weigh in tomorrow! good luck!!

summershine
08-28-2010, 08:45 PM
[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/ncdyqa.jpg[/IMG

To put the animated one in your sig, put the above text in your sig, and put a closed bracket ] to complete the code :)

aaand I used photoshop CS3 to make the sig+animation

you have no idea how crazy happy it makes me to see people wearing the sig :D

charleston424
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
summer-LOVE the banner! Thanks for doing it for us :)

On a happy note, I finally hit the halfway mark! My weigh in yesterday was 152.8 which puts me 23 pounds down with 22.8 to go! Of course today it was a little higher but I went out to a party last night and definitely had some liquid calories! THose should fall off quickly. :) I also find out the results of my second TSH test tomorrow to see if I will be getting treated for hypothyroidism. The first results showed that I was borderline (4.31) so we'll find out soon!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I'm thinking of spending some time at the pool before working on some work that's due this week. Boo.

Sameen
08-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Congratulations Charlston!!! thats great news! dont worry i'm sure its just water retention! it'll come off in noe time!:)

Mickeypnd
08-29-2010, 04:08 PM
so, I've only lost two pounds this week. sigh. But I'm not letting it bum me out at least I lost somethings.

congrats, Charelston!! and those banners are beautiful!!

Matilda08
08-29-2010, 07:06 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/5v6phg.jpg

what do we think?

yes no maybeso?

Matilda08, I liked the picture you had but it was so teenytiny I didn't know what to do with it! Still messing around with a few banners, though. variety is the spice of life!

No big deal I love this banner anyway!!!!!

brooksrm
08-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey guys,

I'm Rebecca. I'm 27, about to start training as a manager of a group home (right now I'm direct care staff for the same company). I like to hike and do outdoorsy stuff, read, and watch True Blood. Also struggling with keeping up good eating and exercise habits cause I'm going through some emotional crap in the relationship zone. Ugh. Men.

Matilda08
08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Sameen- yes we have been on the same team before lol must be good luck:)

Jessica- I understand what you're going through but you have come a long way. You have made it far I know you can do it!

AlyssaMcN
08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
mickeypnd - two pounds in a week is fantastic! 2 pounds a week is always my hope.

summershine - I love the banner! It's really awesome.

brooksrm - I'm a fellow True Blood fan, I can't get enough of it!

Jessica88
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks Matilda!!

Today is the first day in over a month that I have been on plan eating and I actually even went to the gym which I havent seen in foreverrr! Hopefully now I can just keep this up every day!

I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing sunday before the week starts :)

abluvion
08-29-2010, 11:29 PM
will come catch up later on... weekend has been spent mostly unplugged from the internet, i was just laying in bed thinking there was something I needed to do tonight and realized I needed to put in my starting weight!! I hope I am in time, I still have a half hour if the deadline is midnight EST :)

next two days at work are going to be kind of nutso, so forgive me if I'm absent... be back when I can!!

zanheltangia
08-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Morning, all. Happy Monday, ;).

Matilda08
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Happy monday team! I am hoping to dominate this week. The semester starts wednesday for me and Ill be very busy but I would like to try and lose ten lbs during this challenge. How is everyone?

Lets rock this week team!!!!!

denice81
08-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Happy Monday! Hope everyone is off to a good start. I'm making a commitment to myself this week to not eat out at all until my one cheat meal this weekend. Just wanted to say it "outloud" so I'll be more likely to stick to it!

brooksrm
08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Well I stuck to my exercise plan, but my eating has been BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD! There was junk food aplenty at work... I mean chips, more chips, chocolate, little debbies, blah blah etc. But I think I made the effort to work off some of what I consumed, too. Tomorrow's my hard day... a 10 hour shift at one job followed by a 5 hr shift at the next. Packing my lunch but I will be eating mall food court nonsense on my dinner break at nighttime. Wish me luck on the hunt for something not terrible!

JenB
08-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Brooksrm, good luck with your eating tomorrow! Maybe it will help if you decide what you're going to eat at the mall before you take your dinner break. That way you won't be tempted by all the yummy greasy food. I've been good on the eating front because I've been planning out my meals the night before. But I really need to work on my exercise. I'm so tired and hungry when I get home from work that I just don't have the energy to go to the gym. I think I really need to get in the habit of working out in the morning. My goal for tomorrow is to go running before work. Wish me luck!

I hope your weeks are all off to a good start!

Mickeypnd
08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
brooksrm well at least your packing your lunch! so I don't buy anything bad for me I pack my lunch and bring no money with me to work, so that way I can't buy anything, like soda or chips even if I wanted to.

denice81- You can do it!! :)

Jessica88 well at least you went to the gym, that's all that matters!! And you can start off a bit slow like three times a week to build up your endurance. when I first started on my exercise bike I could really only do 25-30 minutes every three to four days. I'm now doing 45-50 minutes six to seven days a week.

Alyssa yeah, I'll take what I can get! lol.

so I was adding up my calories for the say and I was shocked to find I was under 1000 calories for the day and i was considering i was going to stop eating for the rest of the day, and I had yet to work out. I think I need to start preparing my meals in advance. . .I really don't think I'm eating enough and I've been riding my bike for like 10 miles almost every night. gosh, I was silly, not adding the numbers sooner.

side note.....my computer is SOOOO slow.:^::^:

envelope
08-31-2010, 05:26 AM
My kids went back to school last Thursday with my 2 Kindergardeners starting their first full day on Monday, my sons hockey started with a practice on Sat, Sun and Mon, and I started my Senior year for Elementary Ed. on Monday so it was a hectic weekend and I totally missed the start. :( Sorry guys! I will set a reminder to weigh post my weights every Sunday so I do not miss another.

abluvion
08-31-2010, 09:04 AM
JenB- how about adding a snack in before you leave work so you aren't ravenous when you get home, so your energy levels don't drop as low?

Mickey - eep, under 1000! I think it happens to us all from time to time, some days if I don't think about it I can let myself go way under too. Just try not to make it a habit :)

envelope - Wow, quite a busy weekend there! I almost missed the start too, no worries, you're here now and that's what matters :)

Sooo I had told my boyfriend no cake for my birthday, but after work he went to the store and found they had packages of two little slices of chocolate cake. So he brought me a little slice of cake with candles in it. It was sweet, and I'm actually glad he did it even though cake is not the most waistline friendly food! However, then we went for dinner and I had fried okra... because I LOVE fried okra and get it once in a blue moon. So that was my birthday splurge. Now my insides are a little unhappy with me but it was a special occasion so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

Today I'm going to go to the Y to sign up and work out, as long as I get out of work at a decent hour. I have a crap ton of work today... gah... we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Happy Tuesday! :wave:

misstraveller
08-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Hey chicks! How's everyone doing this Tuesday?

abluvion - That cake sounds awesome, and that was a REALLY sweet gesture. What an awesome, thoughtful guy! :cofdate: A little splurge every now and then is great, and sometimes it helps me lose even more, although I still haven't figured that one out... Oooh, what kind of exercises classes does the Y offer? I've been thinking of signing up for the one here... am working out at home right now and have had good results, but would like more variety. It's really expensive here though...

envelope - No worries! I think since it was just the initial it's OK :) :hug: Sounds like you've had a majorly busy week!

brooksrm - I keep lots of health low sodium soups at work, in case I forget to pack a lunch, then I have something there to fall back on. Mall foodcourts are dangerous, I totally feel you there! At ours I get a salad from Chik-Fil-A or some pasta with marinara and a salad from Sbarro. That's my go-to mall food meal, not too bad in calories, and semi-healthy!

mickey- Eat lady! :) I have days like that too, and are you ever just not hungry even when you know you need to eat? If I don't get enough calories, my weight loss stalls.

JenB - Hope you were able to get your run in! Exercise is so not my thing in the morning, so I suck it up and do it after work, but I totally understand not wanting to!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! I'm really excited about this challenge, and would like to firmly be in the low 170s by the time it's over. That's my goal, I'm stickin' to it, gosh darn it :)

Matilda08
08-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Denice- eating out for me is also hard but Ive been trying to do good with it. Its working so I know you can do it too, good luck!!!

Brooksrm- You can do it, Im sure you can make it happen this week!

Jenb- I dont workout in the morning but I would love to. My thing is that my gym offers most classes in the evening and I love group workout classes. I want to try morning workouts at least twice a week. I hope it works for you!!

Mikey- I think we all have days like that but what helps me get my cals in are things that are healthy and packaged in single servings. I eat string cheese, pepperoni, gronola bars, yogurts etc.......

envelope- I almost missed wi also lol I dont like that sunday is wi day either but we have to make it work we need you:) im sure next week will be better.

abluvion- that was very sweet and its ok to have those things on rare occasions, happy b day!

Becca-I am also excited I am hoping to get in the low 220s that would be so awesome!!!!!

Lets go team we CAN do this!

Mickeypnd
08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
envelope what a Hectic week! Glad your here. And I too almost didn't get to weigh in because I didn't read the rules clearly.

abluvion Happy belated b-day!! And I seriously don't think one day is going to kill you or your diet!! And what your boyfriend did was very sweet!!

misstraveller I think you'll be able to get to 170s! we're here to help!!

so after I worked out yesterday for about 45 minutes on my bike I went and ate a bit more so my calories weren't horribly low. It worked because I lost another pound since yesterday, so I'm happy about that!!

My Tuesday isn't starting out so well as my bf is picking a fight with me because I added a boy from work on my facebook. He says he doesn't like it when I add boys on my facebook but I don't like being told what to do, and having to ask for his permission to do things.
he stresses me out so bad with this stuff and last time we argued over something like this I no only didn't loss any weight i keep regaining.

sorry Im being debbie downer! Hope you ladies are having a great day!!:cool:

AlyssaMcN
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
abluvion - It sounds like he came up with a great solution to the birthday cake dilemma! He sounds like a keeper :)

brooksrm - good luck at the mall! I always have trouble in places like those because the semi-healthy options don't always look as tasty as the greasy options.

envelope - I bet even though things are hectic for you, they're also pretty exciting with your kids starting kindergarten!

denice81 - Good luck with your plan, you can do it!

Mickeypnd - Sounds like your boyfriend is a little possessive! Don't let him derail you, he's being absolutely ridiculous.

My week is off to a good start. I'm feeling so bloated though, not sure why. It's not TOM, and I drink plenty of water. I'm just hoping it goes away soon. I'm starting to increase my exercise, until now I've mostly just been doing a kettle bell class twice a week. But I started C25K on Sunday, and it's amazing how much better shape I'm in than the last time I "started" it! I've got Day 2 tonight, and I'm looking forward to it.

I hope everyone's having a great day! Keep it up team Nike!! :cb:

brooksrm
08-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Well guys. My plan backfired. I took my lunch as planned, to work. But one of my job duties working for the day program associated with a group home is to go to the home, leave my car there, and drive the clients to the day program in the handicap van, and be there til the end of my shift when i take them home and end back up at my car. And I managed to leave my lean cuisine in the freezer at the home this morning... essentially being lunchless at the day program building some 19 miles away. So I had bbq from the only restaurant within walking distance. Ugh. And I had a bean burrito from taco bell for din. It's higher in cals but at least I have some fiber to go with my tortilla-ness. No exercise today other than a 30 min walk on my lunch break, but I figure working from 6am til 10pm being on my feet all day was exercise enough. Weight's been all over the place this week, probably a lot of water weight change cause I've been eating sodium rich foods, but it'll even out soon. :-) Hiking tomorrow!

zanheltangia
09-01-2010, 07:56 AM
And, Wednesday! Go...

I'm waiting for Hurricane Earl to brush on past this week, I'd like the rain to come and go before my friday afternoon, thanks very much!

I did fifteen minutes of a dance video yesterday after work, not quite enough to bother counting in the weekly challenge, but better than doing nothing. I got to figure out a better time for exercise than right after work when I am exhausted.

Trying to sign up for Yang Tai Chi, but the Karate center is not checkin' their email. O.o; Probably should just give them a call and find out what's up and if they even have any openings for new students.

Well, that's my update. How's your Wednesday going?

Matilda08
09-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Good morning Team!!!

Alyssa- u can make it a better week, hang in there!

brooksrm- sorry you had a bad day pick up the pieces and move forward:)

Zan- you are doing great you are knocking on onederlands door!!!!! Nice work

Its tom for me but im not letting that stop me I am tired of talking about the 220s I need to see them. Ive been in the 230s since the end of june. I have to make it there my goal is to make it to onederland this year and if I want to I have to work HARDER than I have been especially with my diet!

brooksrm
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
So far today's better. Hanging out on here trying to keep out of the kitchen as I'm home alone today and bored. Went hiking for a few hours but managed to get stung by a yellow jacket on the way down the mountain. Ouch.
Ate a 6" turkey sub for lunch, no mayo, no cheese, and baked chips. Go me. It's a new month so I'm going to forget yesterday and monday ever happened >:)

JenB
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Zan, what is Yang Tai Chi? I'm intrigued.

Matilda, you are so close to the 220's! You can definitely do it!!!

Brooksrm, sounds like it's been a really health day! Good for you! (But I'm sorry about the yellow jacket!)

I could really use some advice from you all.... So yesterday I was able to get up before work and go to the gym (my husband is an early riser and I made him promise to force me to wake up). It was actually a better work-out than I was expecting, so I'm pretty excited about that. Then, yesterday I had a regular day seeing patients in the office followed by an overnight shift in the ER. So, I planned out all my food and brought it with me, including lots of healthy snacks like green beans, sugar snap peas, apple, blueberries, yogurt, etc. The problem is, I was ravenous all day. I ended up eating more than half my food by noon and it was conspicuously all the higher carb foods. At 4pm, I was so hungry that I started fantasizing about the chocolate chip scones in the coffee shop in the lobby. I had healthy snacks literally by my side, but I couldn't stop craving the scone. I just couldn't resist, so I ended up eating a scone and a 6-pack of oreos. I was so pissed at myself. The rest of the day/night went ok and I ended up 400-500 calories over my goal.

I realized today that it's TOM, which always makes me hungry. Plus I think exercising in the morning increased my appetite. But what do you guys do when you're just starving? It's hard to tell whether this was true hunger or just craving carbs, but either way it was so powerful!!! I know I've read about people drinking water, chewing gum, etc. But all I can say is that I wanted that scone SOOOO bad and I didn't want to distract myself! Does anyone else struggle with this? What do you do?

Thanks guys!!!!

denice81
09-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Ladies!

JenB – I always get really hungry before my TOM too. It sounds like you are light on the protein, could you try working more into your plan? For TOM cravings, I just give in and eat what I want, but much less than I want of it ;)

Brooksrm – Great job with the healthy lunch choice and the hike (one of my favorite things to do!) I agree, forget about yesterday and move forward!

Matilda08 – You can totally do it!

Zanheltangia – What dance video do you like? I would love to try some, but they would have to work in my like 8 sq. ft. living room! And yay! For martial arts! Lost a bunch of weight about a decade ago when I was doing karate.

Alyssa McN – Could the bloating just be from hot weather or something? How was day 2 of c25K?

Mickeypnd – Yay for your loss! Boys are really lame and jealous sometimes. I always used to like the line “if I wanted to be with ____I would be. I choose to be with you” Often shuts them up ☺

Misstraveller – you can and WILL make your goal for the challenge! Do it!

Abluvion – Happy late birthday!

Envelope – Busy lady! I have one kiddo and am totally overwhelmed, you’re doing a great job with your weightloss though! I love the setting a reminder idea.

So I’m having a pretty good week. Despite TOM, I’m working out everyday. I just signed up for a new pilates class at the comm.. college my DH teaches at (I get to take free classes, yay!) I’m having major sugar cravings every day though. UGH. Anyone have any excing plans for the holiday weekend? I’d like to pretend its already here ;)

zanheltangia
09-02-2010, 08:07 AM
JenB If you can pop onto youtube, this is Tai Chi (Yang is the style) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZUIgaxlsI I want to do this before changing to a karate class (I'll keep practicing Tai Chi once I get the forms down) because I could use the improvements in balance and flexibility first. Also, I find certain things make me crave more food (Never happy with just a bag of baby carrots for example, got to have something else). That could have something to do with the hunger (other than the usual suspect of TOM, that is). Maybe you need a protein snack like Denice suggested, maybe some nuts or something (especially after exercise)? But 400-500 extra calories is not that bad for a rare occurance, in my opinion anyway ;). As long as it doesn't become a habit, a scone every once in a long while won't hurt. :hug:

Thank you, Matilda!

Wasp! Ow! Sorry to hear that, Brooksrm!

Denice, I did a freestyle dance on a Dancing with the Stars DVD I picked up from walmart, my timing is way off so it really looked like I was flailing around as they danced on my computer screen :lol3: I was so glad that no one could see, haha! I has a few latin dances as well, but I only did the 15 min freestyle one with hand weights.

(I like the dance game my mother found for the Wii, but I don't have one a system of my own yet or I would stick to that. I'd like to get a Dance Dance Revolution game to play too, but I'd need the pad for that, and the system too. Bah! I am attempting to block the potential hole-in-my-wallet that the video games would create with the dance DVD maybe I will remember the steps for next time. e.e)

I still haven't got a call back from them, so I'll call them myself. I would really like to start Tai Chi, but I hope my experience with the dance DVD and my poor timing won't make me look too funny when I try it out for the first time. Haha! But I am determined! :dust:

Grats on the Pilates class!

I'll be spending the weekend away from home, so hopefully I can get some Wii time in down south to count for this month's exercise! :carrot:

Happy Thursday all!

misstraveller
09-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi team!

brook - sounds like you're doing so great with the activity! I miss being able to get out and into the woods and struggle up a mountain! I grew up in the mountains of east TN, but now live in coastal Georgia, where it's very flat and not incredibly pretty outside of the beach. Yay for the diet win ! Did you go to subway? I love that place...

Zan - Sometimes I wonder if they don't make those dances on the videos hard so that they can laugh at the thought of all of us out there trying to do them! I have a Wii, but have yet to invest in the DDR game and pad. It looks like it would be awesome, and I've seen some people have some success with using it as cardio. Thinking about going to the mall arcade and trying it first to make sure i'm coordinated enough to handle it!

Jen - To avoid that problem, I work out at night. I found that when I exercised in the morning, I was RAVENOUS all day long, particularly for protein and junk. Plus I'm not a morning person anyway, so it really worked out in the end! TOM is a whole nother factor. I'm dealing with that too, and last night i had a snack sized mcflurry from mcdonalds, because I HAD to. It was good, and it killed the craving, and didn't put me too far over my calories for the day. I'll live with it, deal with it and move on. Today is a new day :)

denice - Oh wow, free classes, that has to be awesome! Let me know how the pilates goes, I've never done it before, but have heard it is very challenging.

I had a setback yesterday that involved a McDonald's McFlurry. It seems many of us have had a challenge of some kind this week, but i'm not gonna let it get me down :) ... here's a funny quote I found that makes me feel a little better about where I am and how far I've come:
"If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush." -Dawn French

I'm SO ready for the weekend, I am going to North Carolina to visit a dear friend and go to another friend's wedding. The BF and I are staying at a Bed and Breakfast up there, am hoping it will be very romantic and good for both of us just to get away! Anyone have any other plans for the weekend?

zanheltangia
09-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I know I am not coordinated enough for most things I plan on doing, Misstraveler, but I'm planning on working on that now. :D Tai Chi is actual a martial art, and I figure if the elderly can get in there and do it, than I sure can hope that I can as well, :lol:

Just pick the easiest song first! Some of those are darn well impossible (until you practice for a long period of time) I got a pair of friends who can do nearly most of them on the highest difficulty. :eek:

envelope
09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Miss T - I had a weakness for McFlurries, but this summer I was given a very berry smoothy to try and it was good, and I usually do not like anything with strawberries. Now when I really need a frozed treat and am out and about, I grab one. The small smoothies have 210 cals. compared to a small mocha frap at 450.

Zan - :) You have given me a great idea. I may get my soon to be 11 yo a dance game for the Wii for his birthday, then we can both use it. Is there only one available for the Wii, or multiple? If there are a few to chose from does anyone have a recomendation?

I have been getting up early to jog 30 min before school and am enjoying it. I registered for my first 5K for Oct. 30. The course it takes is fairly hilly, so I will have to start tackling the hills. I plan on restarting the C25K program and doing the hills in my neighborhood, the intervals really keep my metabolism fired up.

zanheltangia
09-02-2010, 11:48 AM
It's called "Just Dance" [Wii Game], and the warm-up alone made my and my mother's arms ache a little, we were non-exercisers at that point :lol:. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Just-Dance-Wii-Wii/12535124 I like that it just uses the remotes and not another accessory like a dance pad.

Matilda08
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Hello Team!!

TOday I wi at 231.0 Im very pleased!

zanheltangia
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Woohoo, congrats! You are getting so close to those 220s, Matilda!!

Mickeypnd
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM
hello all!

Matilda:carrot: congrats on the success!!!

so I weighed myself today and I'm still the same 206. but my poor tummy has been hurting me lately. I haven't eaten much and if you don't count working I haven't worked out much. I'm just glad I didn't gain any weight.:)

I want to be down at least two pounds by next weigh in! I know I can do it!!:D:D

brooksrm
09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Ugh. The guy I went hiking with yesterday is an ex I've been trying to be "just friends" with for a month (his idea, not mine). And the problem is, I love him and want him way more than a friend, so what do I do? I blow up at him last night cause I finally just can't take it anymore, and tell him that I can't do this charade anymore, and it would be better if I just deleted him from my phone and cut him out of my life. Having to live with that now, and it's for the best, but it sucks so bad. Who will I hike with now? NOBODY in my friends or family likes to do that outdoors activity stuff. So sad today.

Mickeypnd
09-02-2010, 11:10 PM
brooksrm I can honestly say from past experiences that I have been right where you are. where you know it hurts being with him, but the thought of being without him hurts even more, it's a double edged sword for you and not him.

I found the more time I spent with my ex that wanted to be "just friends" did nothing to help me, as I still viewed us as a couple as we were doing what we used to do without the title of being together. The longer you keep being around him wont heal anything, and what happens to you if he meets someone else?
Him breaking up with you and still being friends has given him the excuse to be single and look around but still have you to be there for everything else. Like going on a hike.

Taking a hike alone would be better in the long run then having to put yourself through the emotional roller coaster your feeling. Listen to your ipod, and maybe start a family member or friend on a small walk, like around the park or something. Maybe they'll like it enough to go on hikes one day with you.
:hug: it'll get better!!

Sameen
09-03-2010, 06:18 AM
so, i had a really busy week, and i binged a lot and i haven't lost any weight. i have added carbs in my diet maybe thats why.lets just hope the scale doesnt disappoint me too much on sunday:S

zanheltangia
09-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Hm. Brooksrm, if you feel like you can't hike alone, see if you can find like minded individuals on sites like Meetup in your area. I'd hate to say craigslist, but who knows. Just meet at a public spot first (like a local library, coffee shop, or anywhere that is kind of busy) so that you can see if you guys would make good hiking buddies (after prescreening them on the phone, of course).

I craigslisted my first room-for-rent and went to check out the place with my Dad. But I used Meetup to find a group that plays dungeons and dragons in my area, and just went, turned out to be a great group.

Up to you, just be careful. :hug:

:goodluck:, Sameen.

Matilda08
09-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I would ditto what zan said. I also think you made a good choice. keep up the good work you are doing great!

Mickeypnd
09-03-2010, 11:53 AM
zan, I have never even heard of that site! sounds interesting as I have been in Avon Ohio for almost two years and still know no one but my bf family.

so I was wondering, some people at my work said that if you wear sweaters and heavy items when your working out it'll help you loss more weight as your sweating more. I was just curious about this.

Sameen it's ok. we all have those days. I had a very bad weekend last week didn't work out and I ate bad, yet I didn't gain a pound. And even if you do, no use crying over spilled milk. :hug:

zanheltangia
09-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Hm, Mickey, I think that's similar to the plastic sweating suit fad. You dehydrate (losing water weight), but it doesn't really help you burn/lose fat. After the workout you will just end up drinking the water back. Instead, hiking with a weighted backpack or something similar would be better than bulking up in sweaters and overheating.

Hope that helps.

denice81
09-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Just a quick check in. Been sick the last 2 days and taking care of a sick baby. Feeling sorry for both of us! Trying to exercise but I just feel like crud. I hope everyone is doing well today. Happy Friday!

zanheltangia
09-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh no! I hope you two get well soon, Denice! :getwell:

brooksrm
09-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Get better denice!

Everyone staying on target today? I did well with exercise and eating the past few days. Still trying to work on my emotional health (I think getting healthy is more about just physically healthy) and it's going to be a while before I feel progress there, I'm afraid, but it is what it is. Trying to not let that get in the way of my eating and exercise so that's a plus.

And, I found a hiking club in my hometown, just gotta figure out how to get involved and work up the nerve to join a group where I don't know a single person. I'm very introverted so that's always the hardest part, but eventually I will drag my butt there :)

Sameen
09-04-2010, 06:57 AM
thanks mickeypnd! the scale brought good news today! hehehe!!! and i have no idea if you would loose more weight with the sweater on. I know i wouldn't be able to do it! heheh!!!
hope everyone has a good weekend!!

JenB
09-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi team,

Just checking in....

Mickey, I agree with Zan on the sweater thing (that it will just dehydrate you and not affect your fat burn). It also just seems really uncomfortable!

Denise, I hope you and your baby are feeling better!

Brooks, I think that's so great you joined the hiking club! I'm also introverted and have a hard time forcing myself to do things like that, but later I'm always glad that I did them.

Oh, and just another plug for meetup. I've used it for book clubs and meditation groups. It's really great!

I've been struggling with my eating. I think you all were right that I'm not eating enough protein. I was a vegetarian for many years (ages 12 to 21) so I really lost my taste for meat and very rarely eat it. So I decided that I'm going to try to eat a serving of chicken every day. My other problem has been going too long without eating, getting super hungry and then overeating. I am going to make a conscious effort to eat every 3-4 hours to avoid that.

I hope you all have wonderful Saturday nights and good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow!!!

Sameen
09-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Jenb- i can totally understand what you are going through. I was very good with meals every 3-4 hours but now ive started doing the same thing. nothing for six to seven hours and then one big meal. it disrupts everything. i am trying to make a conscious effort now so lets see! i think once you get the hand of it it wont be a problem!!

Good Luck with the weigh in team!

envelope
09-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Weigh in went good for me today, plus I remembered to record it on our thread. :)

JenB
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I was looking over our weigh-in thread and I just have to say I am blown away by you guys! I am so impressed by the numbers that have been posted so far! Go team nike!!!!

Jessica88
09-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I totally agree with Jen!

Great job ladies!!!! We are kicking butt :)

summershine
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
*looks at her number compared to everyone elses and ducks*

I feel so ashamed xD In my defence, i had a crazily rough week where all of my energy was put into looking after someone else instead of myself, but that's all in the past now, and today starts a new week!

great job girls!

brooksrm
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Ashamed to say I pigged out on mexican tonight. Ugh. You know those baskets of chips they put in front of you? You try to portion yourself but you just keep going back for more. And you can't say "No chips" because then you get angry looks from all the people you're at the table with. Sad face.

envelope
09-05-2010, 08:44 PM
This afternoon at a neighborhoood party I had too much wine... I did well with food though. :P

denice81
09-05-2010, 10:52 PM
County fair today, lots of fun. WAAAAY too many calories. Like fried everything. Went crazy, then felt nauseated afterwards. Going to reign it back in tomorrow. Better yet tonight, starting now. I feel so gross.

KimL1214
09-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Continue your chat here (click me) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/211793-team-nike-week-2-chat.html#post3468544)