20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~~Team Nike Week 1 Chat~~~

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

abluvion
AlyssaMcN
brooksrm
charleston424
denice81
envelope
goingintomy30s
JenB
Jessica88
joyra
kristilinn13
love114
Matilda08
Mickeypnd
misstraveller (Team Leader)
optwoobs
Sameen
shakeurbooty
summershine
zanheltangia

Last edited by KimL1214; 08-27-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #2  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Welcome to Team Nike!!

Hi ladies!

My name is misstraveller and I get the privelege of being the team leader and a member of Team Nike! I'm looking forward to this challenge, and I know a few of you from the last challenge and the boards. Hopefully this will be a great experience for all of us and I'm looking forward to kicking butt in this challenge with all of you!!

GO TEAM NIKE!!

I was a bit curious about our goddess, as I really only related that name to the shoe brand!

So here's a bit of information I found out there in cyberspace:

Nike was the winged Goddess and considered the spirit of victory, both in battle and in peaceful competition. Nike was one of the first to come forward and support Zeus when he began his battle with the Titans. She is also known as the Goddess of Wisdom and War or the Goddess of Victory and Triumph.

This is awesome! Hoping for lots of personal victories and team victories for all of us as we start this challenge!

to all of us!!

Last edited by misstraveller; 08-26-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Heya, Miss!

I think our Goddess is a rather encouraging sign,

Last edited by zanheltangia; 08-26-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I agree. Victory shall be ours! muahaha!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

Height: 5'4"

Hi team! This is my first BL challenge and I'm so excited! I hope this will be a really fun and successful experience for all of us. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better! Good luck with the first weigh-in this Sunday!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #6  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Fancy seeing you here, Ab!

Hm. I think JenB is onto something there. I don't recognize a lot of the names here.

Well, Zan here, reporting for "weight loss" duty.
A rather silly 25 year old currently hailing from Florida's Space Coast.
I've got a sit-down job and various sit-down hobbies (Writing, World of Warcraft, watching various TV shows and anime, and Urban-Fantasy reading), which probably explains part of why I am here, . The other part is that I'm tired of my weight holding me back from all the trouble, err, fun, I should be having.

I'm looking forward to the challenges, we didn't have them the last two times, so this should be... interesting.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/172.6/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, it's nice to meet you, and I'm very excited to be on team Nike! Our goddess seems pretty awesome.

My name's Alyssa, and I'm 21 years old, going into my last year of undergraduate study. I spend most of my time studying, working, and extracurricular activities on campus. For fun, I mostly like watching movies and the occasional party.

I started getting serious about getting healthy a month and a half ago, and I think BL will be a great way to keep at it.

I can't wait to get to know you all more!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #8  

JenB - this is my first one too, should be pretty nifty

Zan - howdy stranger you realize most of your hobbies start with W, right? except the reading part, though it might slide in this case to spell it wreading.

Alyssa - what do you study? sometimes I miss being in school... but mostly I like having the income that comes with not being a student!

Me, I'm on the verge of turning 27, which I don't like. Too close to 30. Eep. Let's see, I live with my boyfriend and two old cats... We enjoy tabletop and board and card games, I love cooking and reading and knitting (especially knitting) and camping and hiking. We have a camping trip planned for late September and a cruise (!!) in October that I would love to shed some weight for!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #9  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Heya team! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you as we all get healthier and skinnier!

I used to hang out on 3FC in 2006 and just making a resurgence recently.

I'm 28 years old. Married and mom to a 9 month old girl. I work part time as an art gallery director, and love spending time outside. My weight loss strategy is following the ww points system and I run 1-2 miles 4 times a week. Also just trying to incorporate more movement into my everyday life.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/153.4/130

Hi team! I'm excited to be a part of this challenge! I've been eating healthy and exercising since January, losing VERY slowly, and am in the process of being checked for thyroid problems!

I work full time in an account management position where I spend about 80% of my day traveling throughout the region which makes meals very difficult. I live with my boyfriend of 2 years who is currently gone with the military for two months. I thought this would be a great way for me to keep busy waiting for the days to pass until he comes home!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

I didn't introduce myself in my earlier post, so here I go!

I'm 28 years old. I live in Manhattan with my husband of 2 years. I am a physician doing my residency in psychiatry. My hobbies include crossword puzzles, trying new ethnic cuisines, and reading fiction. I originally joined 3FC to lose weight for my brother's wedding, which was in May. I never quite made it to my goal so I'm still on here trying to lose the last 10lb. I mostly run for exercise (I try to do 4-5miles 4-5x/week) and I calorie count.

Abluvion -- I have 2 cats too! (though mine are middle-aged).

Zan -- what do you write? (writing professionally has always been a hidden fantasy of mine...)

Alyssa -- how has it been trying to lose weight in college? I remember having those unlimited buffets in college, which made eating healthy so difficult.

Denise -- congratulations on your 9 mos old! That must be such a fun age! Is she starting to say any words yet?

Charleston -- that sucks that your boyfriend is gone for 2 months, but this seems like the best way to spend the time! good for you!

Last edited by JenB; 08-26-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #12  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Guess it's my turn to introduce myself. I'm 29 years old (yes, i'm gonna be knocking on 30's door come May of next year..eek!!), live in Savannah, Georgia with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years, and his dog who is now apparently ours .

I work for the military, and just moved back from living in Italy for four years. It is a bittersweet move, as I miss the travelling opportunities, but am happy to be with my boyfriend and back where you can buy milk at midnight at Wal-Mart if you so choose! On the flip side I travel every month to either Puerto Rico or Miami, so it's definitely not a bad gig. I will be travelling during one week of this challenge in fact, but will definitely be online still!

For fun I love to read, cook, eat at fabulous and interesting restaurants, bake, watch movies, listen to good live music, go to the beach and camping, decorate cakes, and of course travel!

Zan - lol, love that your goal is to lose weight so that you can have more fun...er.... trouble. They go hand in hand, right?

abluvion - Cruises are supposed to be awesome! Where are you going? That sounds so great.... ahh, vacation.

Alyssa - College is so awesome, I miss it a lot, even 7 years later! What do you want to do when you finish?

Denice - Congratulations on your baby girl! Being an art gallery director sounds like so much fun!

Charleston - Is your boyfriend in the Navy? That is hard! My boyfriend is gone for just a week right now out in Washington state, and I can't stand it!! Guess I've been spoiled the last few months of living with him after being apart for two years.

Jen - Sounds like you're a pro at this weight loss stuff! Manhattan is amazing, I love visiting! How long have you lived there, and do you plan on staying there after your residency is done?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #13  

Zan - I'm with you on the trouble, I definitely need to have a little more in my life!

Jen - The college thing definitely makes it tricky! I'm living off campus for the first time, so I don't have to rely on the dining hall anymore, which is good (unlimited pasta and cookies!). The drinking/partying environment also doesn't help.

misstraveller - I'm considering both grad school for biochemistry and medical school right now. I'm going to take a year off to work in a lab and think about the options.

abluvion - My major is chemistry. That's so cool that you're going on a cruise, I keep hearing about how amazing they are!

charleston - I'm sorry that your boyfriend is away, I'm sure that's hard!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #14  

denice - I'm following WW points too! sounds like you have a great plan.

charleston - my boyfriend is in the military too (navy) and I am not looking forward to him being deployed. We met right after he came back from his first deployment so I haven't had to go through one yet...

JenB - yay kitties You're so close to your goal!!

misstraveller - you are indeed quite a traveler! What kind of dog do you have?

Alyssa & mistraveller - the cruise is just a weekend thing, it's not very long. They literally take us out to the middle of nowhere then turn back to port My sister is turning 30 so the family is going - as my dad says, a "cruise to nowhere" kind of resonates with turning 30 I'm excited though, I have never been on one!!

Well I went to the Y tonight for the first time to check it out, I think I will get a membership there! They are waiving the joiner's fee next week so I will wait til Monday to go to sign up. They have all sorts of classes and everything, I am excited!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #15  

abluvion - I go to a Y for my workouts as well, it's fantastic! If your Y has kettlebell classes, I highly recommend them. I've been doing it for a couple months now two times a week, and it's amazing.
Closed Thread