20-Somethings BL Corner - ~~~Team Hera Week 1 Chat~~~

View Full Version : ~~~Team Hera Week 1 Chat~~~

KimL1214
08-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

ade903
BatgirlAmy
Callahan
criseyde
elaine19
fivestone
haleygirl82
JennieLovesKisses
katylil (Team Leader)
Latchkey Princess
Lippy100485
ma26
moonkissed
oodlesofnoodles
raznt
RedskinVixen
sarcruze
SnowWolf
tinycities

Lippy100485
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey buddies!!!

katylil
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey guys! :D
Eeek I am so ridiculously excited for this! This is my first BL Challenge and I'm Team Hera leader! :)
Being the little geek that I am, I googled our goddess. Hera is the Greek goddess of women and marriage (ironic really seeing as her husband Zeus cheated on her in about 50 different ways...). Her Roman counterpart is Juno and the animals attributed to her are the peacock and the cow.
So yeah. Can't wait to start! Good luck to everyone! :)

ade903
08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi team! This is my first BL challenge as well! It's going to be great motivation as I've been maintaining for two weeks! Look forward to getting to know you all!

ade903
08-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh, and is someone gonna make the "banner" we can put in our signatures? (I noticed last challenge people had them...)

katylil
08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Well I've just done one (told you I was a geek!) but I might make another (more mature!) one too...

This one is a picture of Hera from Disney's Hercules!!! :P

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e0sW12tpw6Q/THaujgvLTeI/AAAAAAAAAYM/EwRJ12ecIw4/s320/Team+Hera+Banner02.jpg

If anyone wants to make a better one please do!!!

JennieLovesKisses
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Hello Team!

RedskinVixen
08-26-2010, 05:54 PM
hi all! :)

oodlesofnoodles
08-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone! I'm really excited! :D Let's bust our butts like it's going out of style!

BatgirlAmy
08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
whoooot!

ade903
08-27-2010, 02:29 AM
I like the banner! I'm ignorant...how can I get the code to put it in my signature? lol. sorry...might be obvious.

So I had my weekly weigh-in tonight (I'm on weight watchers and I only weigh in there), so my official starting weight is 175.4. I was VERY surprised at having a 2.4 lb loss this week. I am bloaty (TOM decided to visit), but I'm not gonna fight it! Would have been nice for the challenge for the sudden drop to have been the second week (I've been maintaining for three weeks...ugh).

But I've upped my tracking and my planning. How is everyone else doing?

tinycities
08-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Hey everyone! This is also my first BL challenge on 3FC, and I'm really excited to take part :)

Haley8203
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Ashley- I saved the pic to my desktop and uploaded it onto my signature

I'm about to start my weights, it's the first week in a year that i've done it so i had to drop down to 10 lbs and my arms have been so sore, at night it's hard to sleep it's so painful but it's better today lol

katylil
08-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Wow! Congrats ade903!!! :) Keep it up!!
I've copied and pasted my banner code for you:

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e0sW12tpw6Q/THaujgvLTeI/AAAAAAAAAYM/EwRJ12ecIw4/s320/Team+Hera+Banner02.jpg[/IMG ]

just delete the last space between the ] and the G and post on your signature or as Haley said, save the picture to your hardrive and then upload it! :)

Haleygirl: sounds like you're doing good! :) the more you do the weights the less it'll hurt right? thats what I think when I'm feeling like dying on the elliptical anyway! haha good luck with it and let us know how you get on over the weeks! :)

Well I weighed in yesterday.
Argh.
I've been working stupid hours all summer and have had not a lot of social life because of it. So I finally finished my job on Saturday and since then havent stopped. Meeting friends for lunch, for dinner, for drinks, going out, beach days...plus we have family staying with us until tuesday and my mum always makes AMAZING food when we have guests so it's been really hard to stop myself!
So (of course) I've gained 2lbs :(

I can't wait to go back to university next week and get back into a routine! I'm moving into my first ever flat (with some friends) and I'm looking forward to being in charge of what food is in my kitchen. I do a Musical Theatre course so I'll be starting back with my dance classes which should help with the losses as well :)

Hope you're all having a good friday and please dont forget to post your starting weight on our WEIGH-IN THREAD (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/211007-team-hera-weekly-weigh.html)!!

JennieLovesKisses
08-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I had a great day yesterday. I hit the 160's, an old friend of mine who I haven't heard from since elementary school got back in contact with me, I actually FIT into my boyfriends pants with room to spare &&&&&& my boyfriend picked me up for the first time (that I let him anyways lol) and he didn't seem like he had any trouble at all! No grunts or heavy breathing...he just picked me up like it was no big deal :O lol

And today I weighed-in at 168.8. I'm still in shock my weight is dropping so fast, especially since I was having the hardest time this month with my diet. I haven't been eating past 9pm for a week now, and as hard as it is for me to do...it seems to be working for me so I'm going to try and keep up with that.

I hope everyone is doing well.

oodlesofnoodles
08-27-2010, 10:48 PM
OMG Jennie, that sounds amazing!!! Congrats on all of it. You must be so super jazzed. :D

I started school Monday and school puts me in the groove so well, so I've been doing fantastic this week. I love all my classes, and all my teachers INCLUDING my PE teacher. She's surprisingly not a stuck up b*%&^ like a lot of PE teachers I've heard about at my college. Weee.

sarcruze
08-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Hello Ladies!!! I'm super excited to be on a team with all of u. Lets kick some major arse.

Jennie: U r doing such an amazing job. I"m soooo proud of u and u r truly an inspiration to all of us. What r u doing for exercising and eating???

JennieLovesKisses
08-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks everyone!

sarcruze - I'm still doing my P90X; I actually only have 2 days left now! I'm going to be starting round 2 this coming up Monday (Lean Version). As far as eating goes, I'm still doing low fat/low carb. I'm trying to stay under 20g of fat and I stopped eating past 9pm which seems to be helping me BIG time.

katylil
08-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Well done Jennie!!!! :D That is brilliant!!!! keep it up!

Oodlesofnoodles: sounds like you're doing great! :) I'm like that as well, school gives me a routine, which gives me a huge lift in losing weight! I cant wait to start back again next week!

I woke up too late to go running this morning (after 9am it's too freaking hot...) but I've planned a route for tonight and am aiming to eat about 1200-1300 calories for today. I've not been doing so well recently so I figure the only way to get back on track is by taking it one day at a time...

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

PS. I managed to download an awesome greek-type font (I woke up early and was being geeky again) so I made a new team sig. Lol sorry! But it is a bit better quality than the other one I think :)

Haley8203
08-28-2010, 07:55 AM
katylil-yes it does become less painful lol i'm not in pain anymore. i'm excited for school to start because i'll have ppl to exercise with!

JennieLovesKisses- that's fabulous! you're doing so well, i'm very inspired!

Callahan
08-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi team!

Haleygirl, I can relate. I went for my first run in months, and the 5 mile loop that I used to easily run under 50 minutes took 56! It's not all bad -- I've been playing lots of ultimate frisbee this summer (and spring and upcoming fall), so it's mostly that I'm out of shape for distance. You'll get those weights back up, and I'll get my run time down!

Oodlesofnoodles, what kind of PE do you do in school? We had to do two classes at my university, and you could do anything from weightlifting to ballroom dance.

Just got back from a short trip to visit a friend that involved ice cream pretty much everyday, so I'm not going to weigh-in for a few days. How does this work? Do we have weekly weigh-ins on set days? I'm also moving this week, so I if I disappear for a few days, that's why!

katylil
08-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Callahan!
We weigh-in once a week, and you can post on ANY day during said week, but Sunday is the last day for weekly WIs to be posted. If you haven't posted by Sunday evening, I count it as missing a WI. Three WI-misses and we count you as eliminated.

So tomorrow is Sunday. Those of you who haven't posted your Starting Weights yet (there's quite a few of you!) please remember that tomorrow is your last day to post them HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/211007-team-hera-weekly-weigh.html)!!

On a side note, Kim (who's organising of the challenge) has posted a new thread with an :)Inches Challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/211099-all-teams-inches-challenge.html). It's not actually part of the BL Challenge (just an extra) but you can post your starting measurements and then re-measure on the last week to see how you've done. I think it's a cool way to count something more than just a number on a scale! :)

Also, I was thinking maybe we should all say a little something about ourselves to get to know each other a bit?

I'm Katy, 18 and a student at university. I'm doing a course in Musical Theatre, starting back next week and moving in to my first flat with two girlfriends.
As a kid I was very active, doing gymnastics and swimming, but I was also very clumsy (still am!) and after breaking/fracturing/twisting/spraining various limbs (at various ages) and spending a lot of time in plaster casts, I gradually gave up most of my sporty activities, discovered a love of food and then realised aged about 11 that I was starting to get bigger than all of my friends.
Over the years I gained a lot of weight, especially in my first year at university (I'm about to start my second), I went on a lot of diets and yet I was still overweight. So when I got home for the summer I started my Healthy Eating Plan, started exercising, joined 3FC and here I am :)

Sorry! I talk too much! Haha hope you're all having a good weekend! :)

Callahan
08-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Heh, there goes my plan to avoid the scale for a few days after my vacation. Oh well, maybe it will lead to a great first week!

I'm Callahan, a nurse practitioner student in my late 20s. I've never been super-thin, but always active. I'd guess in high school I was 140-150ish, but I gained a bunch in college, probably up to 170 (maybe a bit higher, not really sure). Post-college I got down to 145 at one point, but regained. I've lost 10ish pounds in the past year (?). Clearly I don't really do a good job keeping track of my weight! A few years ago I picked up ultimate frisbee, and it's both my exercise and social life. A Callahan is when you catch the disc while on defense in your end zone. Pretty rare and pretty cool when it happens. :) I also run, try to lift weights at least a few times a week, and figure skate at a reasonably accomplished level. And I'm moving soon, so I should be packing now!

Haley8203
08-29-2010, 11:12 AM
My name is Haley, I'm 28. A junior (as of tmw) in college studying Accounting. I have a daughter she'll be 7 in a couple weeks and Wednesday she starts 1st grade. I can't remember when I have ever been under 200 lbs and the past couple years above 300 lbs which I blame on quitting smoking lol because that's when it started. I'm a vegetarian and I used to love running in 5ks ( very slowly) but now I have a pulled tendon and I'm scared to do anything but walk lol I have 0 tolerance for pain!

raznt
08-29-2010, 01:32 PM
hey ladies...so far today is going good...i still have not done my exercise for the day but its beautiful out so i think i'm gonna do some walking on the trail today

SnowWolf
08-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone, I'm happy to be doing this again. I'm looking forward to doing my best. :)

tinycities
08-30-2010, 06:37 AM
That's a great idea to post a little introduction! It's really nice to read about other people :)

My name is Rosie and I am a PhD student in Psychology. I'm 24 years old (25 tomorrow!), and I live in the UK with my boyfriend, in a little flat by the sea.

I started to put on weight when I was a teenager after some fairly traumatic family experiences. I'm not sure whether these events were the trigger for my weight gain, but I think they have something to do with it. I used to binge eat a lot in secret, and gradually gained weight right up until I went to university. At university, living away from home for the first time, I put on loads more weight from all of the unhealthy foods my friends and I ate! When I graduated in 2006, I was at my highest weight (16 stone, around 224lbs). In the year that followed, I made my biggest effort to lose weight and lost the majority of my weight during about 6 months in 2007 - it was all done by calorie counting and regular exercise.

Fast forward to the current day, and I was maintaining pretty well since then, but when my boyfriend and I moved in together last Autumn, bad food habits (e.g., snacking, frequent visits to the vending machine at uni!) started to creep back in and I gained around a stone (14lbs) in about a year. So, in July, I came back to 3FC in an effort to get that under control and hopefully reach my goal weight this time! For me, my weight loss is mostly about portion control (I eat pretty healthily, just too much!) and, to a lesser extent, resisting unnecessary snacking, particularly in secret. I'm really looking forward to joining in this challenge and getting to know you all better :)

Haley8203
08-30-2010, 07:03 AM
tinycities- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :bday2you:

Today is the first day of classes...the day has finally come...waaaay too soon! lol

katylil
08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
tinycities: Hope you're having a great day!!! :bday2you:

Most of our team's SW are in, so good luck everyone for the first week!!! :)

criseyde
08-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone!

Just a quick intro. I'm Cris, 23 and graduate student. Doing my schoolwork mostly online. Working two jobs I'm not incredibly fond of so I'm also busy sending good thoughts out into the world. :P I've been overweight forever and it got worse several years ago. I recently realized I've gained 60 pounds since high school. Ugh. Time to change that. Plan is to actually use that gym membership and complete c25k.

<3

moonkissed
08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone :) Sorry I haven't posted.

I have been totally stressed out. My birthday is near the end of September so always as it gets closer I start getting more stressed out bleh. and my cat who I have had since the day she was born, about 11+ years ago has been very sick. and we are having her put to sleep this Wednesday.

I have been totally using all the stress as an excuse to just eat everything in sight. bleh

But on the flip side my husband finally bought me Wii fit and I am loving it.

Anyways goodluck everyone!!!

:dust:

Haley8203
08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
moonkissed- i'm so sorry to hear about your cat!! i have a cat too and they sure do grow on you fast. we adopted her 8 months ago.

i just made the most yummy thing ever! i saw it on tv a greek yogurt parfait. 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup vanilla (or whatever flavor) greek yogurt and 3/4 cup of honey nut cherries (whole or crushed). it's 6 points (i calculated everything separate even though you're not supposed to so maybe technically 7 but w/e lol

katylil
08-30-2010, 12:02 PM
moonkissed: don't worry about it, I think you have a pretty legit excuse! I've added you to the list already :) I'm really sorry about your cat. It's a pretty horrible thing to have to do. My best friend came home at Christmas to find that her family had had to put her cat (who she's had since he was a kitten) down a couple of days before she came home, she was devastated. At least you get to spend time with him and make his last days happy ones right? :) I hope you're OK!

Haley: that sounds GORGEOUS! :O

So I had my leaving dinner with my friends from my old theatre group yesterday. I decided I couldn't stress too much over what I was eating this week. Obviously if I'm at home I'll have salads or veggie soup or whatever, but I've been meeting up with friends and catching up before I leave for uni on Thursday, so I've been off-plan quite a lot. And I haven't been exercising much.

AND YET. I weighed myself this morning. I'm down a pound. HUH? Exactly. Isn't it weird how that happens sometimes? You can be angelic for a week and gain, or eat whatever, not exercise and lose two. Sometimes this thing makes no sense to me at all!

But I know I WILL gain if I carry on like this, so next week it's back to turkey and vegetables!! :)

raznt
08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
hey ladies!!! sooooo my 8 yr old nephew came back in town today after being away the entire summer and instead of saying "hey auntie i miss you" i get a "stop eating so much your fat" :( omg way to throw a curveball into my day...

Latchkey Princess
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi team! I'm real sorry I'm late posting here (and in the weigh in thread), my youngest daughter is cutting a tooth and has a cold on top of that, so I've been worrying about her and completely spaced about this challenge!

I'm a 26 year old mom of two girls (2.5 years old and 9 months old). I am a stay at home mom, but I am currently in school to get my certificate in phlebotomy. I'm only taking an online course this semester, but between that, my everyday job as a mom and helping my spastic (but lovable!) hubby with his homework, I'm a pretty busy woman right now. lol

My weight loss plan has actually been fairly undefined thus far. I started at 270lbs right before I got pregnant with my youngest daughter, had her in November of last year at 250lbs, and have since lost about 30lbs. But after being stuck between 213-225 for months now, I think it's finally time to give my plan some definition. I'm doing my Turbo Jam workouts four times a week (plus the ab routine twice a week), have a brand spanking new membership to the local YMCA and am working on hammering out an eating plan. It's the eating that gets me, I'm a compulsive over eater and a binge eater. Trying to fight it is hard, but challenges like this really help.

So hello to everyone. Hope everyone is doing well and is on plan today!

JennieLovesKisses
08-30-2010, 05:06 PM
At 169.0 for two days now. Good news though - I finished P90X & since last week I lost 1/2in in my chest and hips; 1in in my waist! I missed my rest day yesterday since I helped work on a barn for 5 hours (sore!)...I think I'm just going to relax today and start round 2 of P90X tomorrow.

raznt
08-30-2010, 10:21 PM
jennieloveskisses- how do you like the p90x...i've been going back and forth now trying to decide if i want to buy it or not...do you think that it gives you better results then other workout programs on tv or about the same??

JennieLovesKisses
08-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I do P90X everyday except for Sunday which is rest day. P90X has a set schedule that I printed out and follow. I just completed the classic version, I'm going to be doing the Lean Version now. Yes it is definitely better than of the other dvd workouts I've tried. 30day shred was also a great workout dvd but it got boring after a while.

raznt
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
ok thanks.....i believe p90x has won my vote :)

BatgirlAmy
08-31-2010, 08:45 AM
That sounds like an interesting program. I'm really broke but my gym does offer muscle confusion as a class I might take if the concept is giving you such awesome results!

Haley8203
08-31-2010, 10:00 AM
i snuck in a weigh in this morning, it says i gained 2 lbs what the ****, that can't be! the only thing my scale knows how to do is go up! my friend said she's going to join WW too and we're gonna go to meetings together. Hopefully that helps cause I'm getting pretty darn frustrated!

Callahan
08-31-2010, 10:34 AM
All moved, now to unpack! The crappy thing is that we haven't unpacked our kitchen yet, so it's pretty difficult to eat at home. We did a few boxes last night, so now I have plates available as long as I'm willing to use plastic utensils. Not sure which box the real utensils wound up in...

Because of the move, I ate pretty badly yesterday. Or at least, that's what I'm saying, but the fact is that's a silly excuse. I ate REALLY badly. What do you guys think about occasional fasting? I know there's a whole theory on intermittent fasting (you can google it, lots of interesting information). I'm not sure how much of it I believe. I'm considering fasting during the day today and then having a late dinner. It's something I've been thinking about doing a for a while. It's NOT about punishing myself for yesterday's transgressions, but about convincing myself that I do have the mental strength to say no to temptation. I'll still be drinking lots of water, and I'll eat before dinner if I feel particularly crummy. Oh, and no working out today either if I'm not eating.

katylil
08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Well done JennieLovesKisses! :) that is awesome! I've been reading a lot about this P90 thing. Does anyone know if it's available in Europe? Or only USA?

Haley: don't get discouraged!!! Sometimes fluctuations can happen during the week. Maybe try sticking to your ONE weigh-in a week and see how it goes? Maybe it's just water weight :) Don't worry about it too much though!

Callahan: Moving. Ugh. I've got to do that on Thursday. I'm flying back to uni and moving all my stored stuff up two flights of stairs to the new flat. That's going to be my workout for the day!! And then unpacking everything can be my workout for Friday! :)

But we don't have the internet in the flat sorted yet, so I might not be around much until next week. Lippy100485 is my sub so she'll be in charge of taking down your weigh-ins and posting the results for this first week ok? :)

Hope you all have a good week!!:hug:

BatgirlAmy
09-01-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm going to join a flag football team on my campus to get out there, get accountable, and play! I"m kinda excited

Haley8203
09-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Team today is my first WI at weight watchers, my friend and I are going to the meetings together so i'm nervous because it's a different scale, a different day then i was weighing in so we'll see. i'm going to try to get in exercise and my weights but i also have a lot of homework...ugh..lol

elaine19
09-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Hey everyone!! I am soo late getting here, but I am totally stoked about being here:) I am a stay at home mom, married, with a handful of kids!

katylil
09-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Eeeek just done my weigh-in!!!!! I'm down three pounds this week!!!! :D :D :D lets hope I can kee it up during my first week back!! hahaha

hope you're all doing well and having a good week! :)

JennieLovesKisses
09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I did my weigh-in. Lost 1.8lbs! YAY! Hopefully this keeps up.

Latchkey Princess
09-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey ladies, I just dropped by to tell you that I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to drop out of this challenge. :-( On the upside, the reason I have to leave is because I just found out I'm pregnant! Ack! No more dieting for me until I go talk with my midwife. So sorry for leaving you girls in the lurch, hope you all do great!

KimL1214
09-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Continue your chat here (click me) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/211794-team-hera-week-2-chat.html)

elaine19
09-11-2010, 09:08 AM
I found out yesterday that my scale is 8 LBS LIGHT!! this is the same scale that I have been using for 6 months... I felt very down when I figured it out because I thought I was down to a weight I haven't seen in 14 years!!! Anyway, working hard now to actually attain that weight, want to see it on the new scale BADLY!
Glad to see everyone is losing and working hard, you girls are doing so well!!!

Congratulations Latchkey Princess!!! Hope your pregnancy and delivery are healthy and easy:)

elaine19
09-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I am totally stoked because I am down 2.4lbs this week!! I am totally attributing this success to my new membership at the Y and working hard three times this week!! Also watching my diet, but not at closely as I could be... this is a challenge for this week.
Can't wait to see how you guys are doing:)

katylil
09-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi elaine, you'll find most of us have moved over to the week 2 chat thread! Kim posted the link above :)