Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #1  

Default All of a sudden I'm exhausted

hi all,
I've been on plan for the past 2 months, working out 6 days a week - cardio, strength on alternate days. Been going well but this week I feel shocking, like I just woke up and all energy sapped. So I'm taking a week off and doing easy cardio for the week.

Has anyone experienced this? It seems weird to be motoring along for nearly 10 weeks and then feel like cr*p. When I first started out the first few weeks were a bit tough but I got through it, seems so odd to exhausted & out of sorts when I was on a run....anyone else go through this? I guess can only work through it...maybe up calories for a few days? Am 288lbs (down 15lbs) aim for 1800 calories but prob. more likey to be around 1900 on average.

anyone else go through a down patch on energy after a couple of months?
debs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #2  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

This may actually be a result of overtraining. but that is just a guess I'm no expert. I've overtrained before and the way that you feel is an EXACT result. No energy, exhaustion, etc. Maybe this week off will re-energize you for workouts but when you get back into it just pace yourself so as not to exhaust out again.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDawsondn View Post
This may actually be a result of overtraining. but that is just a guess I'm no expert. I've overtrained before and the way that you feel is an EXACT result. No energy, exhaustion, etc.
This is my thought, too. I made the mistake of pushing through the exhaustion and ended up with a stress fracture that really derailed me.

Take care.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Workin' It

I'd say overtraining as well. I often need a few days break every 8-10 weeks or so to keep from injuring myself.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I agree with PP.

Also - I think I read an article once that talked about taking a week off from exercise once every 6 or so weeks to rest your body.

Sometimes ya just gotta rest!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #6  

thanks everyone for your replies

right rest it is for a couple more days, I was tempted to jump back in tmw, but I will heed your warnings as I definitely don't want to get injured. And, will ease into when I start up again. And I will take time out every few weeks.
debs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

Yeah take 2 rest days off a week. 1 rest day was probably ok at first but the longer you workout, the more stamina you build to workout harder which is more work on the muscles and such thus you'll need to give them more time to rest.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote