Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Help!!

I just binged on peanut butter!! 6 tbsps!!! Ands thats an estimate! I posted the peanut butter crave post earlier and I guess it really got my cravings going! So screw wasting money, I through the entire container out! It knocked my calories to 2,000 my fat to 93g and my carbs to 189 Did I completely blow it for the day?! I am going to try to help make up for it and go running for 30 minutes and lift weights for 45. Can I recover from this today or do I just have to start a new day tomorrow?!!?
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

you move on...we all have bad days...you can't erase it... yes you can exercise but you can never completely make up for it... in reality you wont gain weight from it so tomorrow is a new day and just try not to make those same decisions... I still lose weight when I occassionally cheat or even eat a bunch of really bad stuff. You'll be just fine
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #3  
Les
Just starting

S/C/G: 249/ticker/165

Height: 5.4

Same here , when I cheat, I still lose weight, and I have to say I do it at least ones a week knowingly. Best thing to do is to relax and not stress out, because in my case stress=eating.
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

It's ok! Move past it, don't stress too much, and get back on track tomorrow. Exercise as you usually would, I don't think "extra" exercise will make much of a difference.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

I had a cheat day myself today. For some reason I don't feel that guilty about it because once i checked everything out Im still below my calories. I had half of a krispy kreme donut (raspberry filled). YUM! Today I've had:

928 cal.
94 carbs.
47 fat
43 protein

Is this bad??
mommy1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #6  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

mommy - i'm no expert , but that sounds awfully low in calories....

Dianne - i have to hide the pnut butter from myself to, it's a really sad situation....

Last edited by misstraveller; 08-25-2010 at 08:46 PM.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #7  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Think of it this way, 6 tbs of peanut butter is far better than what you -could- be eating. (Large portions of fast food for instance.) Also, if you do something you didn't intend to do one day, you just need to move on. You're not going to gain 10 lbs overnight because you ate peanut butter. lol (Peanuts are considered a good fat, actually...) And besides, having some days that you eat more calories than others actually helps you ward off plateaus. Keeps your body guessing.

Don't stress it. Seriously, you're fine. No one is perfect, and if you spend all your time stressing about eating the exact right amount of calories, and beating yourself up when you do slip, you're not going to be very happy. Chances are, it'll be really difficult to keep up your diet too... you'll be more likely to get frustrated and quit.

Good luck. You'll be fine... keep up the great work!

Last edited by singforthedayx; 08-25-2010 at 10:25 PM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #8  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

mommy - You could do with a few more calories. The minimum a women should be eating is around 1200 calories. But you have to figure out your ideal calorie intake for your weight. For me, it's between 1600-2000.

Take this test to find out your approx calories...

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsm...lcalintake.htm
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #9  

OMG! I just want to give all of you hugs!!

Really, no matter how small or how few words your replies are, they really make me feel better. I have been told many times by people that I am too hard on myself. And I think I really do need to relax when I slip up. Thanks so much everyone for making me feel better! I can't let food or slip ups get the best of me. Life is too short. Bottom line is, Im heading in a HEALTHIER direction

Have a good night everyone!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the advice. I usually go for anywhere between 1000-1400 a day. Today I didn't count up the calories just kept a food log and then added it up at the end of the day and that's the number I got. Tomorrow is another day and I will try to get those calories back up to where they need to be.
mommy1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

I'm sorry your peanutbutter craving thread led to a little slip up, but I'm glad you made the thread! The idea in there about mixing two tablespoons with oatmeal saved my life. OMG I had it for breakfast with about half a teaspoon of splenda and it was the best freaking thing ever, and I now no longer have the urge to eat spoonfuls of it and kill my plan.

Seriously though, DON'T sweat it! Don't make a habit of it, but imagine all the worse ways you could have binged! Just get back on plan and keep pushing through. Don't let it ruin you, because it won't. Giving up will!

*hugs*
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #12  
Samantha417

You gotta relax girl! You binged on peanut butter and I hope it was freaking delicious for you! Like what everyone else said, tomorrow is a new day. Don't break your back trying to make up for it today. You were smart to get rid of it in order to prevent more binges. You learned from your oopsie, and now you gotta move on.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #13  

Dianne you can do it....i'm glad you posted this because i myself had a TERRIBLE day and i didnt bounce right back up....but now i feel motivated and believe that once again i can bounce back on track....I HAVE TO DO IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!
raznt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Its not like that much PB is the best thing in the world for you. But its also not the worse. You might see an increase on the scale and you might not lose anything for a little bit. But all the hard work you've put in isn't suddenly going to be undone because of 6 tablespoons of peanut butter.

However, what *I* think is really more important is what you choose to do about the issue....beyond just negating the calories. Maybe PB isn't the best thing to have around right now. Maybe you're bored at night and need to find something to do in the evenings. Or maybe you just need to be hyper-aware of your emotions right now and focus on what drove you to eat that much PB. Tomorrow IS a new day but its important to not just loose everything you learned today....
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
Its not like that much PB is the best thing in the world for you. But its also not the worse. You might see an increase on the scale and you might not lose anything for a little bit. But all the hard work you've put in isn't suddenly going to be undone because of 6 tablespoons of peanut butter.

However, what *I* think is really more important is what you choose to do about the issue....beyond just negating the calories. Maybe PB isn't the best thing to have around right now. Maybe you're bored at night and need to find something to do in the evenings. Or maybe you just need to be hyper-aware of your emotions right now and focus on what drove you to eat that much PB. Tomorrow IS a new day but its important to not just loose everything you learned today....
I agree with you. I took action and threw away the peanut butter. I also think I am wanting to bringe because I am about to get on TOM (I think - its 3 weeks late - no not pregnant) and I think I am just going through some hormonal changes. I dont know why but I feel like I am. My emotions have been a little weird latley. I still have no intentions of giving up and plan on sticking this out till I can no longer have weight haunt me!

Have a great Thursday everyone and thank you for your support!