South Beach Diet - A few questions, please!!!!!!
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok, so, I'm new here and just wrapping up my 3rd day. I just got SB supercharged and have been reading it. I have a few questions, if you all don't mind.
1. Are veggies limited or can you eat as many till satisfied?
2. Is it better to eat more veggies or more protein if I need 2nd's?
3.Should I limit artificial sweetners?
4. On my first day, I think I had a little more beans than recommended, is this a big deal?
5. I've come down with a sinus/cold thing so I took some Advil cold and sinus. I thought this would be better than sugary/alcohol cold syrups. Am I thinking right?
Thank you so much for all the help!
08-25-2010, 07:22 PM
1. allowed veggies are unlimited, just watch added fat, cheese, etc
2. I always opt for veggies or beans first but that's just my opinion
3. you will find as many opinions about that as members. I'll try to find you a few old discussions about that
4. beans are not limited as long as there is no sugar added. The serving suggestion is more about the ability of your digestive system to adjust to the added fiber. I ate beans at most meals while losing and still eat them every day often more than once.
5. Avoiding added sugar will definitely help you detox and get past the cravings.
08-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I always eat more veggies 1st if still hungry, but then I do sometimes eat a little more of my protein serving. It works for me. Veggies fill me up quickly, but sometimes I'm hungry a couple hours later. The fat servings also help give satiety plus good fats can help reduce belly fat. Make sure you're eating at least 4 1/2 cups of veggies daily.
I remember when I first started to eat beans on this diet, I once ate a whole can of garbanzo beans I think it was. They never bothered me at all, so now I occasionally do the same thing.
08-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Sounds like you've got your head screwed on pretty straight and just need some confirmation on what you're doing. These ladies have given you good answers, so it looks like you're all set. ;) Hope you feel better soon!!!
08-26-2010, 06:21 AM
For me, any kind of protein helped kill cravings...beans, rolled up turkey ah, and boiled eggs. I kept eggs ready to go in the fridge so I could just grab one when a sugar/carb craving hit.
Zinc can help that cold move along more quickly. I've found that I rarely get sick anymore since SB...an extra bonus you can look forward to!
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO