Exercise! - Another 4 week challenge please join!

jacksonmom
10-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Hi! This will be our 5th challenge. God time goes by fast! THis challenge will be different in that everyone will keep their own totals and you can update it as often as you like. The challenge will run from 10/14/02 - 11/11/02. My goal will be to do 60 miles. Hope everyone joins!

jacksonmom
10-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Well so far off to a go start already done 6 miles. At the gym I've started to lift weights 3x week as well. Hope everyone has a good week. Here in TX it actually feels like fall so I've been walking outside with the baby.

2BSkinny
10-16-2002, 11:14 AM
I want to join this challenge. I am going to be riding a stationary bike. My goal will be 80 miles. I am hoping to do some walking as well, I am from TX too...just haven't gotten my big butt outside!! I am one of those moms who feels like she has to volunteer for everything....don't get me wrong...I love it...I'm just so darn busy all the time!! But I need to make time for me too. So her goes!!

Bike: 80 miles
Walking: 20 miles
Total:100 miles

lodyangel
10-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Okay! I am in! My goal will be 40 miles... I will be doing the elliptical, running, and walking.

I will keep up my weeks total here.

Monday: Day off
Tuesday: 2 miles in the rain!!!

I hope everyone has a good week!

cac
10-16-2002, 04:37 PM
I would like to join too. I will go to the gym at least 3 times each week and will track my sesions.

cc

madtypist
10-16-2002, 05:28 PM
I am in for 50 miles this round. I will be walking and riding my bike, last night I walked 2.5 miles. I hope to be able to walk at least that each day. Jacksonmom you are really off to a great start.

I bought a new pair of jeans last week, I mean real jeans, LOL not the stretch ones, they are deadly, it is easy to grow with those on.. LOL... and with all my exercising and watching my food intake I have gone from size 14 to size 12, but at the same time the scale has only moved down about 2 pounds or so, so for sure all this exercising is well worth it, even tho the scales are not going down... so keep on moving....:)

Have a great week ladies.....:)

Suzanne

happy2bme
10-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Count me back in again. This time I want to count minutes of exercise so I can incorporate some of the various things I do that can't be measured in miles.

My goal is to do 1250 minutes of exercise by 11/11/02. Already have 120 minutes so far.

Thanks again Jacksonmom for the kick off! Weights now too? You seem to be trying all sorts of new things! Yay for you and everyone else that sticks with the challenge :strong: :cp:

Daretobeu
10-16-2002, 07:31 PM
I'l be doing my 40 miles again. Maybe I'll do more as the stress of the Holidays are upon us!!!! Good Luck everyone!! Janel

Kina
10-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Okay I am going to challenge myself to do 50 miles in 4 weeks. So did the mileage start counting as of Monday? I think so right? correct me otherwise. Okay talk again to you all. bye.

chrim32
10-16-2002, 11:54 PM
I'd like to join this challenge. I use the elliptical, stationary bike and treadmill as well as work with weights and join in on the occasional fitness class. I will do 40 miles in the 4 weeks.

2BSkinny
10-17-2002, 07:37 AM
How often are we suppose to post? I don't know if I will be able to post this weekend so here are my totals as of today.
Walking:1mile
Bike: 7miles

Walking: 19 to go
Bike: 73 to go
Total: 92 to go

I wonder how much dancing would count for....going Texas Two Stepping Sat nite!! I'm sure it would be alot...but I won't count it as I will probably be drinking too.

Good luck to all!!

jacksonmom
10-17-2002, 04:57 PM
WOW this board is getting alot of action!

lodyangel-congrats on the 25 lbs. lost!!!!!!!!!!! I just noticed it on your post

madtypist- congrats on dropping a pant size!!!!!!!!!!!!

2bskinny post your totlas as often as you like.

So far I've done 12 mi. this week. With the weather nice I love to be outside so the exercising is easier to do right now. TTYL

RaceWalker
10-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Wow, look at all the great goals!:)

My goal is very simple: to get started by walking every other day to the end of my street and back (1/2 mile round trip) at least. By Thanksgiving I want to be earning my name again! :lol:

Manatees
10-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Hi everyone

I'd like to join this challenge. I try to get to the gym 3 days a week to bike. I usually bike 10 miles each time, which equal 120 miles in in 4 weeks. So I'm going to try for 150 miles in 4 weeks so I have to push myself a little. I was at the gym already today and biked 11 miles so I'm off to a good start. I have to work at the gym tomorrow morning so I'm going to try and get 15 miles in (the gym is slow on Sat). I haven't been able to get to the gym all week except to work and I'm starting to miss exercise. I never thought I would say that...lol

2BSkinny
10-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Got on the bike today!! I did 6miles so that is:
Bike 13 with 67 to go
walking 1 - 19 to go
Total 14- 86 to go
Keep it up everyone!!

:p I just figured out how to put an image by my name!!

RaceWalker
10-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Everyone is doing so well! :) It's my day to walk, and of course, I don't want to. It's very helpful to come here and see the determination and excitement. Very motivating.

Manatee, are you also from Florida?
2BSkinny, great job on the bike and on the graphic!
Jacksonmom, thanks for keeping this thread going. I think it's going to be very very helpful to me.

jacksonmom
10-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Did really good this week with the exercising. But food that's a whole different issue. I think I'm going to have to join WW because I need the accountability. How sad is that , that I need someone to weigh me in and a meeting to go to every week to make me stick with a healthy eating plan. Oh well at least I realize that's what I need. So on Tues. I'm back at WW. But back to my exercising I did 15 miles I have 45 to go. Talk with you later.

Manatees
10-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone

I was able to bike 15 miles at the club today so that makes my total 26. Going to try and bike another 15 tomorrow.

Racewalker..If you can believe it I'm from Wisconsin. I love manatees tho. They are my favorite animal. My in-laws live in FL so I always ask them for manatees stuff for Chrismas and Birthdays. Its hard to find Manatees around here.

lodyangel
10-19-2002, 09:29 PM
I had a car wreck!! I am okay, but I am a little banged up. My right knee is really hurt, so I am sidelined for aat least a week...I'll let you guys know how it goes!

rollercoaster
10-20-2002, 02:04 PM
Hi I would like to join this group am I to late?
stay focused and have fun!!!!!!!!
rollercoaster

jacksonmom
10-20-2002, 02:19 PM
rollercoaster it's never too late to join. All you need to do is set a exercise goal for the next 3 wks. The challenge ends on 11/11/02. Then report your totals as often as you like.

lodyangel- I hope you are alright. Hopefully your knee will get better soon.

Talk to everyone later.

RaceWalker
10-20-2002, 02:53 PM
I didn't do my walking yesterday because I was having a problem keeping my glucose levels up where they should be. So today, which is a day I always give myself to rest between morning and evening services (Pastor's wife), I'm going to do at least enough to keep working toward consistency. I'm not even close to 15 miles at a time yet (am I in over my head here, or what???), but I'll never get there if I don't make a consistent habit, will I?

Manatees, there is a manatee observation deck by our power plant. They like to hang around where the hot water is expelled into the Indian River. They're awesome.

Lodyangel, I'm sorry to hear about your knee! I wish you a very speedy recovery.

Rollercoaster, I'm the second-newest kid on the block, and everyone is very nice here, so please feel welcome.

Gotta go tie on my shoes.

rollercoaster
10-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Ok I will do weights 3x this week and cardio 6x I am also going to start tae-bo this week and want to do it 3x. thanks for letting me join this should be fun.

cac
10-21-2002, 04:10 PM
Hi all,

last week I weight lifted twice and went apple picking (does that count?)

This week I have reviewed my calendar and will work out 3 times and do something arobic 2 other times.

How is everyone doing?

chrim32
10-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Did 2 miles on the elliptical today bringing my total to 12 miles. Also did weights today. I am aiming for weights 2 - 3 times a week and cardio 5 times/week.

Welcome Rollercoaster. Sounds like you have an active week planned.

Lodyangel I hope your knee is healing well.

Everyone have a great active week.

Manatees
10-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Hi All
I just got back from the gym. 12 more mile on the bike so my total so far is 38 miles yeah!!!!!

RaceWalker
10-23-2002, 05:00 PM
I always feel a bit out of place here among those who have such big goals, but I'm really happy to be able to say that I've exercised consistently since I've joined the thread. Soon I can begin working on times, distances, etc... Thanks for listening. :)

happy2bme
10-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Racewalker, please don't feel this is a competition among us to see who goes the farthest the fastest. It's purpose is to challenge yourself.

I can't even touch some of these people's lofty goals but it does make me do more than I would otherwise and that's the wonderful part about the challenge.

I've been sidelined a bit with a cold but have managed to get a little bit extra in and am waiting for DH to let me have my treadmill back so I can rack up a few more points.

Keep those doggies movin' in whatever you chose to do. ;) :strong:

2BSkinny
10-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Hi all!!
Bike: 21.5 miles
58.5 to go
Walking: 3.5 miles
16..5 to go

Total: 25 miles
75 to go!!
(at least my mileage to go is going down. Wish the scales were!!

Jacksonmom: I'm thinking of WW as well.

Lodyangel: Sorry to hear about your wreck...Hope you are feeling better!!

Manatees: You inspire me!! I am striving for the 12miles on the bike. 6 at a time is all I am doing now. How long does it take you?

Keep it up !!!

Manatees
10-23-2002, 10:40 PM
Hi All

I had to work at the gym tonight so I didn't get to work out tonight. I won't be able to workout at the gym until Friday. I'm thinking about getting a bike for at home. I love the recumbit bike(I think thats what its called) I can bike and read at the same time it really makes time fly. I bowled Tues night so I'm gussing that is about a mile that I can add to my goal so that would put me at 39

racewalker and happy2bme don't worry about everyones goals just do what you can. Also the mileage depends on what your doing. I can bike alot farther in a half hour then I could walk.

2bskinny I usually bike 10 miles in a half hour but dh is in my dog house so I was peddling off some stress. lol My goal for the weekend will be 15 miles sat and sunday.

lodyangel how are you feeling after the wreck?

chrim32
10-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Did 2 miles on the elliptical yesterday and walked 3 miles today. So my total is 17 miles. I also went to a class called Body Flow at the gym last night. It's a combination of pilates, yoga and tai chi. Very relaxing in some parts and quite hard in others. I felt great afterwards.

Racewalker, if you've exercised consistently since joining this challenge then it serves its purpose. It keeps me consistent too. It doesn't matter so much what I do or how much, I just want to have something to post.

Manatees
10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Hi All

I was able to get to the gym today after all:) DH took the day off so during nap time he stayed home so I could go to the gym for a half hour. I biked another 12 miles so I'm at 51 miles:D Less then a 100 miles to go and a little over 2 weeks to get there. I'm hoping to get to the gym Fri thru Sun.

madtypist
10-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Hey,

Welcome to all your newcomers. :) I'm sure you will find this site to really keep you moving. :dizzy:

Glad to hear you are ok Lodyangel after your accident.
I hope you will be up and running around soon...;)

I have done 16 miles so far, between riding my bike and walking each night. I would like to do more but the weather has been nasty here, rain and cool. :p . Oh well it is nice to be able to get out and do some exercising.

Glad to hear everyone is up and about and moving, it all adds up and helps to keep you in shape.

Speaking of moving, I am going to move my butt and go for a walk. :D

Have a good week everyone...

Suzanne

2BSkinny
10-25-2002, 09:20 AM
I finally got past the 6 miles on the bike!! Yesterday I did 3 miles in the morning and 8 in the evening!!
Bike total: 32.5
47 to go
Walk 3.5
16.5 to go
total 36miles
64 to go!!

Manatees: that DH in the doghouse thing really works!!

outback
10-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Hello: I have been a 3fc member for about 2 years. My niece is studying to become a teacher, with a minor in physical education. She has a health project to do and is using me as one of her test subjects. She lives 900 miles from me so we are using the email system to log my progess. I am not sure if I will be the test or control subject, :?: but would love to participate nevertheless She will be setting up an exercise program for me and I would like to post the program and the results on this thread. I hope that will be okay with you. I see that you all have challenges going on, which I am not totally sure I understand them, but I think the intent is to improve ones health. .

I am 44, married, with two teenage children and work full time. I need to lose 60 lbs, more would be great, 60 is probably as good as it will get though. I am not 'dieting' just watching or paying attention.

See you soon
:)
Outback

happy2bme
10-26-2002, 12:24 AM
Welcome Outback and good luck to you. Very nice of you to help out your niece and a rather interesting topic to be a "test subject". Would like to hear more if you're willing to share...

Am not doing as well as I need to be on this round of the challenge.

Total 1250 - so far 350, yet to go 900 minutes :yikes:

lodyangel
10-26-2002, 05:04 PM
Hello all I am back at it! Knee is still alitlle hurt, but ti will be okay! I had only 2 miles in when i got hurt...

Friday...2 miles
Saturday...2 miles
6 miles in so far...

If I really bust my butt, I might be able to make my 40 mile goal...NOW IT's a real GOAL! :drill: Let's see if I can make it...

jacksonmom
10-26-2002, 06:23 PM
welcome outback! Sounds great about the school project. Let us know how it goes.

Well did real good till Fri. My son is sick AGAIN! I think it's just from cutting a new tooth. He is just being cranky and now has a running nose. It seems like once I get off to a good start something throws me a curve ball. I'm not real worried about it since I've done 28 miles of the 60 that's my goal.

I joined WW and that lasted 2 days. I have no motivation when it comes to my eating. I can make a committment to workout and meet it with no problems. Make a committment to eat healthy and I fail. Any insight or tips into this would be appreciated. I need to lose about 70 lbs. I know i want to loose it because I don't want to be the "fat mom" who sits fully dressed and sweating at the pool while the fit moms have fun with their kids. Thanks for letting me vent!

outback
10-26-2002, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome Happy2BMe and Jacksonmom:

Jacksonmom.. you could be talking about me when you describe your challenges with weightloss. Being Italian and all, food is part of my culture. I too struggle with the 'diet'. We are educated people, we know the difference between junk and non junk food.. processed and fresh...fatty and not so fatty. How much we (I) eat I think is the real problem. Anyway, like you, I am better at exercising than I am at the 'diet'. I need to lose about the same as you. I am already a 'fat mom' but I do not sit at the end of the pool... I would miss out on too much... I grin and bare it :^: What we want is to not have to think those thoughts anymore (the fat mom syndrome) and really try to improve our health. Words come easy though hey! But I hear u loud and clear. My kids are 13 and 17, and I am still their 'fat' mom. Although the 17 yr old is more concerned about my health now and always rebutts my comments about him procastinating about certain chores and things...which he now throws back in my court about my exercise and weightloss committments etc...... ggrrr I hate that.. but it is true. I have been sick this past week.. but previous to that I was going to the gym everyday (two weeks straight) with daughter for about an hour. She is trying to get into shape for basketball..and rather than just drop her off, I go in with her and try a few things out.. yeah my reflection in the mirror is not one I like... but whatever...better I am there and not on the couch.

We are both going to be test subjects for my niece's project. She will design one for my daughter with basketball in mind, and one for me.. with weight loss in mind. I think we start Monday. It will start out slow and increase over the next 3 months. Over this time I will try to really pay attention to what I put in my mouth too...so that I can at least post a loss!

Well I have talked enough already!
Outback
:dizzy:

happy2bme
10-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Even though this is an exercise thread, since you brought up the subject of diet programs...

Many of the people on this forum have issues with diet plans. Some want the quick results, some (like me) need the discipline of a formal program and some just can't find one that suits them.

The 3 biggest detriments to eating are:
1) What you eat
2) When you eat
3) How much you eat

Number one is kind of obvious. Limit the sugars, salt, fats and refined food products as much as possible. Start reading labels - you'd be surprised that some diet foods aren't all that and contain large amounts of sugar or salt even if they have little or no fat. There's alot of stuff I used to like but I can't bring myself to eat anymore since I started reading labels. Also I'm trying to cut back on salts and many healthy things by other standards contain an outrageous amount of salt/sodium. No wonder I couldn't lose weight when I thought I was eating healthy.

As for number 2. If you don't eat breakfast now, start immediately. Breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the day. Wait until lunch to eat and you have a tendency to eat more during the day and you don't do your body any favors with the way it will process your food. Try to eat an early dinner if possible and limit any food after 8pm to nothing more than a small fruit snack since these are normally your less active hours. Also, water is so very important to a weight loss routine. Not only does it replace sugary, empty calorie drinks but it also helps your body metabolize fat and run more efficiently.

Finally as to how much - we might be good at measuring a cup of laundry detergent or the right amount of seasonings from judgement but when it comes to measuring food portions most of us are pretty off base at first. Learn what serving sizes should be - protein should be about the size of a deck of cards, a pasta serving is about 1/2 cup (measure and see how little that really is), fruits and vegetables are generally a 1/2 cup or a cup which is a small to medium piece of fruit. I had more success when I actually started measuring things. Calories are calories and you can gain weight from eating healthy foods if you're taking in more calories than you're expending.

If you keep an eye to these 3 basic principles, you can probably come up with a plan that suits your needs without being too restrictive. Just my opinion... hope it helps a little.

outback
10-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Happy2bMe:
That was excellent... but 1/2 cup of pasta??? Have you seen the size of Italian plates!! However, you are dead on! My problem is just eating too much. Thanks for taking the time to write it all down.

Happy are u the same Happy that use to come to chat?

Outback

happy2bme
10-27-2002, 01:30 AM
Yeah Outback, tell me about it! A 1/2 cup of spagetti is about what's left in the bowl AFTER I'm done eating. :lol: That's one of the shocks you get when you start looking at portion sizes and realize just how much you're taking in. I just don't eat it as much pasta as I would like to anymore but when I do, I enjoy it and I don't scrimp!

And no, I'm not the Happy that used to come to the chat room. A few other people asked me that too. I visited a few times but I burn enough time on the Internet as it is and I'd be yakking for hours so I just stick to posting.

And, yay for me I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill tonight thanks to a whole CD of 70's disco songs that kept me stepping.

lodyangel
10-27-2002, 02:16 PM
okay, I was thinking today while I was walking, and my knee was hurting, that maybe I should alter my goal, and not push myself so hard. It is in my competitive nature to just "Do it", but I think I should ease off, and get well first...so I am altering my goal to 30 miles...that should be attainable.

I had 2 miles in before the wreck....
4 miles in this week so far...
2 miles on Sunday
4.1 on Tuesday (elliptical)
1 mile on Thursday
2.5 on Saturday
2.0 on Sunday
= 19.6 miles so far.....10.4 more to go!

Manatees
10-27-2002, 06:33 PM
Hi All

I didn't get to the gyn as much as I wanted to this weekend. I took my kids to Pumpkinfest and they were able to trick or treat at the area businesses. I had to work at the gym today and it was very bussy, so I only got 11 more miles in. That puts me at 62 miles with 88 to go. I have to work tomorrow night so I won't be getting any tomorrow either. I probably won't make it to the gym until Wed and hopefully I can go Thur night also.

cac
10-28-2002, 01:37 PM
I hate to say it, but I have not kept up. I am an artist and last week I moved my studio and that wiped me out. tonight I clean and paint the old studio. I will start working out again tuesday.

cc

chrim32
10-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Walked 5 miles this weekend putting my total at 22. I won't have any miles to post today since I'm doing 2 classes at the gym - a 1 hr aerobics class followed by a 1 hr yoga class. Tomorrow I have lower body weights followed by a Body Flow class. Probably won't have time for cardio until Wed.

2BSkinny
10-28-2002, 05:31 PM
I didn't get in any cardio this weekend...unless you count shopping until you drop!! Today I did 10miles on the bike!!
Bike: 42.5 miles
38 to go
Walking 3.5 miles
16.5 to go
Total miles: 46
54 to go
This challenge has been really good for me. I am afraid though that I am not going to get the waking mileage in. It's so much easier to get on the bike!!

chrim32
10-29-2002, 11:39 PM
My legs are still recovering from yesterday so I decided to wait an extra day before doing lower body weights. Instead I did 13 miles on the stationary bike followed by a Body Flow class. That puts my total at 35 now.

jacksonmom
10-30-2002, 08:03 PM
Wow! Everyone is really getting some good exercising in. I have not had a good week with exercising. My son was sick and kept me from the gym. He is now well but at 4 a.m. I somehow hurt my neck. I was sleeping and hard a pop and then my neck hurt, weird huh? So I didn't make it today. But right now my neck feels better so who knows maybe tom. Talk with everyone later.

madtypist
10-31-2002, 06:16 PM
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Happy Halloween:

Hope everyone is doing fine with all the exercising, I have done 26.5 miles to date. A real drop in milage since I'm not able to ride my bike. I guess I will have to watch my eating so that I do not gain any weight. I found all the exercising this past summer has really paid off, I'm sure not getting the same amount now as I was.....

That project sounds great Outback, keep us posted as to how is it going.

All you ladies have a great week. Enjoy.

:) Suzanne

2BSkinny
11-02-2002, 08:42 AM
Hi all!
Bike: 53.5
Walking: 3.5
total: 57
43 to go!!

chrim32
11-04-2002, 11:54 PM
Friday I did 2 mi on the elliptical and 5 on the stationary bike. Tonight 2 more on the elliptical. 44 miles total. My original goal was 40 miles but since I'm past that I'm going to try to hit 60 by the end of the challenge.

happy2bme
11-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Hi everyone. Wish I could count massive housecleaning over the weekend towards this. It sure was intense and CHALLENGING. But that wouldn't be fair so here's my stats to date.

1200 - 590 so far = 610 left to go. Good heavens that's 10 hours of exercise this week... Do-able but with great effort.

Hope everyone is doing fine...

Manatees
11-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Hi all

I've been very busy so I can only add 3 miles bringing my total to 65. I'm not sure when I will be able to get to the gym to work out again, hopefully Friday.

BTW when does this challenge end?

cac
11-05-2002, 10:59 AM
I have made my commitment to going to the gym 3 times a week. I have my program almost to a routine and I have been logging everything I do. Progress is happening.

Hope all is going well for everyone.

cc

lodyangel
11-06-2002, 08:34 AM
Hello everyone!

Monday 2.5 on elliptical
Tuesday 0...arthritis was KILLING me...

total: 22.5...7.9 to go to make goal!

2BSkinny
11-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Hi all! 10 miles on bike
33 miles to go!!

lodyangel
11-07-2002, 08:07 AM
Hello everybody!

Wednesday...2 miles hiking with dog and niece. It was very cold, and my face got wind burnt, but I loved being back outside!

Total miles: 24.5....5.5 to go....

It is suppose to be pretty today, maybe I will finish that off tonight after work....:flame: :)

lodyangel
11-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Walked 3 miles...:)

Total 27.5...leaves 2.5 to goal...I will finish that off tonight.:)

Manatees
11-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Hi all

I finally made it to the gym. I get to add 12 miles to my goal. My total is 77 only 73 to go, I hope I can do it. I also lifted weights tonight and worked in the yard. I'm hoping to get to the gym tomorrow and Sunday.

jacksonmom
11-09-2002, 07:25 AM
Sorry for being MIA. My dh was off all last week and we put in pergo wood flooring in a couple of rooms. So I've been real busy. The challenge is over on 11/11/02. I did not make my goal but am still pleased with all I did do this month. So my grand total is 45 miles. I know there are still days left but I know I won't get any exercise in. I'm plaaning to just do fun stuff this weekend since I've spent a whole week working my butt off. Talk with everyone later.

Manatees
11-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Hi All

Well I didn't make it to the gym today....I raked leaves instead. I spent 2 hours raking leaves. I love having all the trees in are yard during the summer but I really hate them in the fall. I am sooo tired tonight and my whole body is sore. I'm not sure if I will make it to the gym tomorrow. I still have more yard work to do. I also know I won't make my goal..I thought we had another week. I'm still proud of what I have done.

madtypist
11-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Well ladies another one is gone by very fast,. It sounds like everyone did well. I managed to do 40 miles, between a few bike rides,walking each night and the walk away the pounds tapes. Everyone should be very happy with their milage, I figure it is a good way to keep moving.

So for the next round I will up my milage to 45 miles.

It is a very warm evening tonight, so I am going out for a walk and I have already done 1 mile on the walk away tapes.

Have a great week ladies. ;)

:) Suzanne

happy2bme
11-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone,
You're right... this did go by quickly. I didn't meet my goal - pledged 1200 minutes of exercise and got in 1090 - a bit short but I'm still happy for what I did. Hope everyone's doing well, see you on the next round tho this one will be a real challenge trying to make time around all the extra holiday tasks. But perhaps it's what we need to stay focused...

MissAnn
11-12-2002, 03:43 PM
This is pretty cool. Too bad I just missed the challenge what is the next one going to be?

madtypist
11-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Welcome MissAnn

We just started on Monday, so it is not too late to start.

Have a good week!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne

happy2bme
11-13-2002, 05:01 PM
Since the last challenge ended 11/11 are we keeping this thread open for the next one or starting a new thread for 11/12 - 12/9? I didn't see a new thread. Help me cuz I'm goofy from all this running :dizzy:

lodyangel
11-15-2002, 07:56 AM
Met my goal....30.5 miles...:)

Kina
11-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone. You can see me on my avatar sending big "I love you's" Okay well I know this challenge ended and I was sort of invisible. That is because school has me swamped and over my head just to think I am already looking forward to the next semester. Aaaaarrrrrgh!

Anyway I did not complete my mileage. I only made 43. So I will continue. Until we talk again.
Kina