General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

Default Protein Powder, Vitamins, and Supplements?

Hey everyone, I was just curious as to what each of you are doing/taking along with your exercise routines to help enhance your weight loss goals??...

And I'm feeling a little confused when it comes to protein powder.. Am i supposed to drink some before and during my workouts? Or only after? And can you have too much protein in one day?
-Not to mention that there are what seems like a million different types of protein powders out there.. (some with creatine, some that say to help MASS, ect ect..) How to determine which one?

But all in all.. I'm just curious as to what all of you take as far as protein powders, and all vitamins and such?
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I can't really take protein powders, they all taste gross and no matter what anybody says, I can taste them no matter what they're mixed in/with. I drink an EAS AdvantEdge after every workout, and then I try to get plenty of protein in through my foods the rest of the day. And I take a multi-vitamin.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #3  

Take a daily vitamin (liquid), drink plenty of cold water (your body burns more calories to bring it to a warmer temperature), and constant changing variety in exercises.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #4  

I use EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder Vanilla to add to recipes, and to create a shake (made with fat-free milk) that I pour over my oatmeal. I also drink it straight.
I use EAS Myoplex Lite RTD Protein Shake Chocolate Fudge for my early breakfast (4-5am) and for when life gets crazy and I don't want to skip a meal.

I take a multivitamin/multimineral supplement daily.
I drink at least 60oz of (cold) water daily.

You can go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nut...calculator.htm to figure out how much protein your body needs daily.

Yes, you can have too much protein. Read more:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-high-protein-diet

http://women.webmd.com/guide/high-pr...ohydrate-diets
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote