100 lb. Club - Do you feel different when you workout during the day vs night?

Matilda08
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Im just curious, if anyone has different or better results working out day/night vs the other. I mostly workout at night. I know this answer will be different for all Im just more curious than anything lol I know sometime when I workout during the day I just feel better throughout the day overall!

AR4life
08-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I much prefer running in the morning before I've eaten breakfast. I feel good all day :)

dudesmom
08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I am a night person, so in general I just function better at night, I accomplish more at night, and I also find it easier to stick to exercise at night. So for me, I just prefer the nighttime.

Smiling_Sara
08-24-2010, 09:55 PM
The times I have worked out in the morning, I don't feel any better, per say. In fact, my workouts I think are a bit slower cause I am NOT a morning person and can't get moving fast enough.

applelady
08-24-2010, 09:57 PM
I prefer mornings. If I wait til the evenings I risk having trouble sleeping. Morning workout and a shower and I feel great all day.

hippy27
08-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I could do either...it really depends on the day I'm having. lol

I happen to be a night person, just for the record, so I'll list my personal pro/con list for both.

Morning workouts...they can wake me up & start my day off great. Or I can not have enough energy to give it my all or they can make me feel too sick for breakfast.

Night workouts...they can relieve my day's frustrations, I often have more time to do them, & they can exhaust me into sleeping all night. Or they can keep me awake, I've been too busy all day & have no energy left, & am more likely to just not do it.

So I guess I'm on the fence with this one. :P

ubergirl
08-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I am a dedicated night exerciser.

duckyyellowfeet
08-24-2010, 10:58 PM
I like to work out before my "day" really starts. Its not always morning, sometimes its closer to noon. I work-out at the gym on-campus, so once I go to school, I want to stay there. Sometimes, I'll spend the mornings in my pjs doing homework, go to the gym, shower there and then go to class

aa4321
08-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I've tried and tried to wake up early and go to the gym but I just can't get myself up early enough to get there, workout and get to work on time.

For me, I just think it is important to exercise - at whatever time I'll actually stick to it.

M0vingon
08-24-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm a morning person. If I don't work out in the morning it just doesn't happen. I believe that fasted cardio helps burn fat, so I'm going with that. My ideal plan (one that has worked in the past) is fasted morning intervals and evening weights. That's what I'm aiming for.

steph15
08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Definitely an evening exerciser. I am not a morning person and it is hard enough for me to just take a shower, eat breakfast and get myself out the door on time. I am a night owl so staying up late after a workout is no biggie at all to me. :)

PinkHoodie
08-25-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm an afternoon exerciser. After Lunch before dinner. This time of the day is usually when I have the most energy. But really I have exercised in the morning and night, but right now its mostly been the afternoon. I honestly don't have a prefrence they all give me the benefits I need! :)

Annita
08-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Oh it definitely depends on the day I have. But basically I'm a nighter.
But I can do either. Morning, Afternoon or evening.
I don't prefer which one, as long as I have the exercise then I'm good.

Terre
08-25-2010, 07:07 AM
I do mornings. Just part of my daily routine. After I take my daughter to school and before I start housework. Its my alone time. Its an hour I set aside for me and only me :)

TJFitnessDiva
08-25-2010, 07:41 AM
I exercise in the mornings for the most part. It leaves me feeling refreshed & ready to take on the day. If I'm stressed I will exercise in the evening. It also helps me sleep at night....so if my DH is gone on a trip & insomnia kicks in I'll exercise :)

Eliana
08-25-2010, 08:12 AM
I am a dedicated night exerciser.

:rofl: I just responded to this in your post. I kind of thought so, so my advice is way OFF for you! :rofl:

I'm a ridiculous morning person. My energy is shot by afternoon. I can workout in the afternoon but it's never as good as the effort I put into the mornings.

I firmly believe we all have a best time of day and it's great if we can all take advantage of it.

Slim CB
08-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I work out both mornings and evenings but I find that the morning work outs give me a 'feel good' vibe throughout the day. Evening ones are harder and I have to psyche up myself to get to the gym as I come up with many excuses not to go.

ChrissyBean
08-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I prefer exercising during the day--it's a bit more of a struggle after a full day at work, dealing with kids, household stuff, etc. I also find that when I can do my treadmilling first thing, I have a lot more energy all day long. I don't find exercising at night affects my sleep.