Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Default WOE is ME

Scale has not moved in 2 weeks and I have stayed on plan.

Makes me feel so defeated.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Well, i certainly don't have any experience being that close to goal but I'd guess you need to switch up your plan a bit - few calorie or different carbs (or whatever applies to your plan) plus adding in a bit more exercise.

Congrats on doing so well so far - I'm sure you'll get past this too!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladadog View Post
Well, i certainly don't have any experience being that close to goal but I'd guess you need to switch up your plan a bit - few calorie or different carbs (or whatever applies to your plan) plus adding in a bit more exercise.

Congrats on doing so well so far - I'm sure you'll get past this too!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am sure others will chime in that this is common, but frustrating. Nowyou know you will be asked about your WOE, (the other one , the way of eating) and what calories you get and what exercise you do, so tell us now, and we will all support you tweaking to get it right.
You have done a fab job so far, you can be truly proud of your dedication.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
I am sure others will chime in that this is common, but frustrating. Nowyou know you will be asked about your WOE, (the other one , the way of eating) and what calories you get and what exercise you do, so tell us now, and we will all support you tweaking to get it right.
You have done a fab job so far, you can be truly proud of your dedication.
I count calories and eat mostly whole foods.

example (YESTERDAYS FOOD)

Breakfast

1 cup coffee 1 tbsp coffeemate creamer
2 egg whites (hard boiled)
1 fiber one yogurt

Lunch

3 cups steamed broccoli
1 peach

Dinner
1 grilled chicken breast
2 cups lettuce
1 roma tomato
.5 large cucumber
1.5 tbsp light ranch dressing

Snack
2 egg whites

6 bottles water throughout the day.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

When you are not very big (and you are not very big) losing is slow and frustrating at times. I could easily have eaten with you yesterday. All that would have been fine with me.

If you are looking for tweaks to try ...
At my house we would have had real cream, the entire egg and maybe avocado instead of the salad dressing.

Do you exercise regularly?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

How much are you exercising? That doesn't even look like 1000 cals. My first guess is you're under eating. For reference, we're almost the sane weigh I exercise everyday and eat 1500-1800 cals to lose. Less than that and I stall.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
When you are not very big (and you are not very big) losing is slow and frustrating at times. I could easily have eaten with you yesterday. All that would have been fine with me.

If you are looking for tweaks to try ...
At my house we would have had real cream, the entire egg and maybe avocado instead of the salad dressing.

Do you exercise regularly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
How much are you exercising? That doesn't even look like 1000 cals. My first guess is you're under eating. For reference, we're almost the sane weigh I exercise everyday and eat 1500-1800 cals to lose. Less than that and I stall.

Actually I am unable to do any strenuous activity as my asthma is out of control and has been since June. I am on a lot of medication for it but nothing seems to be alleviating the issue. It is more-than-mildly frustrating as I was in the gym 5 times a week until all of this happened. I just cant afford to go back to the hospital because of an asthma attack that cant be fixed with a rescue inhaler... it was scary.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #9  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I'll second that "eat too little and lose much slower" concept from ncuneo. I aim for 1550 a day and lose pretty regularly if I stay between 1300 and 1600. I work the graveyard shift and sometimes am just too tired to eat and I will go under 1000 calories for a day or two. I appear to stall when I do that - I'm sure I'm still losing but it sure does slow down. I know it seems counterintuitive but it is sure what I'm seeing with my body.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh Honey! you've been sick!

Have you looked into foods that adversely affect your health? Your diet does look nice and clean but ... who knows?

Further loss will come. Your body is working hard right now to heal.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #11  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yeah, being that sick and trying to lose is a tough one. I still think you may want to eat a little more. You're also pretty close to your ideal weight at 5'7, but I know that doesn't mean anything if you're not happy. Can you walk much? Maybe just incorporating some light walking and a few more cals would help both your weight loss and your health.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I was wondering if doing strength training would aggravate your asthma? If you could lift weights, that might really boost your metabolism....I've even heard some people say that cardio is really not necessary (not sure that I agree with it, but you get the point). If you can do slow walking, that is good too since a mile is a 100 calories (about) if you run it or walk it. Please only do this if it's safe....nothing is worth a trip to the hospital.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #13  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

I don't see very much healthy fat there. My best friend was (well, technically is) horribly asthmatic and since she discovered her food allergies and eliminated them and began adding more healthy fat to her diet her asthma has all but disappeared. She lost weight too, although she was never very heavy to begin with.

If your body is under stress, perhaps you need more calories (fuel) to heal... and healthy fats are the oil for the engine. A poorly lubed engine doesn't run well... and eventually won't run at all.

I hope you feel better soon - asthma is the absolute pits!

Robin
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD View Post
I don't see very much healthy fat there. My best friend was (well, technically is) horribly asthmatic and since she discovered her food allergies and eliminated them and began adding more healthy fat to her diet her asthma has all but disappeared. She lost weight too, although she was never very heavy to begin with.

If your body is under stress, perhaps you need more calories (fuel) to heal... and healthy fats are the oil for the engine. A poorly lubed engine doesn't run well... and eventually won't run at all.

I hope you feel better soon - asthma is the absolute pits!

Robin
Thank you for the advice everyone...

<------- My name is also Robin.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh honey, I just did a quick calculation of your calories for yesterday (using 5oz for your chicken breast) and I came up with around 800 calories for the entire day. Even if your chicken breast was double that, it's still very few calories. I'm usually the person who says to not raise calories, but in your case, I REALLY think you need to.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote