Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 23-29

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi Everyone:

I've been awake for an hour for no good reason. But, like the last time I did this, I've done my ironing. Now, I'll catch up on some newpapers that I didn't read this weekend.

I've got some new motivation for this week. In a month we'll be at a high school reunion and I'd like to get a few more pounds off for that event. I'm going to go for broke and try for 2 pounds a week, the maximum I think anyone ought to lose. I'll see if I can dig really deeply and do this.

Rhonda
Old 08-23-2010, 06:05 AM   #3  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Tejas. I'm in the UK and it is just gone 11am here. I did my ironing this morning too. We have high humidity at the moment and even with 2 fans on it nearly finished me off.
I too am retired. Living on the borders of wales on one of the most beautiful rivers in the UK
The very best of luck in getting down to what you want for the reunion. I have my fingers crossed for you
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #4  

Jojo

Congratulations on 5 years as a non-smoker, the best thing you could ever do for your health! And, good luck on your goal. You're welcome to join our corner of the website. We're a small group of women who are very supportive to one another.

I'm off to Latin Heat at the gym, my first try at this class.

Rhonda
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

"RAINY DAYS & MONDAY GET ME DOWN",but not this morning "I'M SINGING IN THE RAIN." We're going to get rain for the next 3 days,and i happy that my garden veggies & flowers will get the watering that they disparately need.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages.Oh I hate that When I wake up early the days seems to go on for ever. That's nice to be able to go to a high school reunion. Our High School never had one for the class of '58.But then again the neighborhood has changed and I won't go no matter what. I really have to get back on the ball again,thinking about going back to the old flex Or core plan. Counting calories is extremely mind boggling,so I think the core plan with 35 pts is the way to go. Going to take my books out & my old web sites to see if its possible to get a hold, on a real plan again.

JOJO- to the thread.My FIL came from Brighten,and my DH best friend lives in Worthing. We had humid days for the whole summer without any rain,but TG we're getting the rain now and its going to be here for the next 3 days.

Have a great day, as I heading out to get some shopping done and than going to tackle my upstairs living quarters.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #6  
hopeless but harmless

Oh Gosh... what a lovely welcome. I feel really at home. I'm 60 (May 31st) married 35 years and a retired nurse. Our daughter, for whom we had been carers for 32 years, died on May 26th and that is why I am here. I ate and ate and ATE! I'm back on track now, still get good days and bad days. Some days all hubby and I want to do is shut ourselves away, but that is no good to anyone. So we pull ourselves together and take our daughter's labrador for a good long walk.
Look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #7  

Well, Jojo, first let me offer my condolences. What a terrible loss for you and your family. Most of us here have lost a close loved one also.

We'll do what we can to help you find a healthier response to your grief and I hope we can help.

I'm a month away from turning 65 and am a retired public health professor. My current passion is strength training so you'll hear all about my times at the gym.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-23-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

JoJo. We are so happy to have you joining us. I am very sorry for your loss. Please let us help you if we can. I 63 and am a retired teacher, so forgive me if I get too bossy.

Rhonda, I wish you the best of success on reaching your personal goal for your class reunion. I know you can (and will) achieve it.

Maryann, I'd be singing in the rain, too. Do you think you'll go "FLEX" or "CORE"? I actually like both programs.

Ya'll have a Mahvalous Monday. I'll catch you later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #9  
beachbum

JOJO- My Name is Maryann and I turned 70 this June. Retired & Moved from my children 13 years ago.I also want to express my sympathy for the lose of your daughter I lost my DH last November to Lung Cancer.

Just stay with us we'll help you with the programs and group support.
I was counting calories for a long time since I left WW and now I think I'm going back to WW again I need control of my portions by weighing & measuring my foods,even if I go on the core plan

SANDRA-Haven't made up my mine yet. The flex is count calories and the core is eating until your satisfied,with 35 extra points. Going to read up on the information that I have when I was on the plan back in 2008.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #10  

Where did our Sloan get off to? She must have fallen victim to the back to school week.

I was bad at dinner but could have been worse. DH had to have fried catfish. I had some, but not much, which is why I say it could have been worse.

I did, however, do a lot at the gym today. I did the "latin heat" class, saw Todd (Jojo, he's my personal trainer for weight lifting), and did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike. So, about that, I feel virtuous.

All I have to do is give Kyra her evening stroll (and they are short in this heat), and fall into bed.

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda
Old 08-24-2010, 03:50 AM   #11  
hopeless but harmless

I'm exercising too! My husband had a coronary in March 2009. He says it is the best thing that ever happened to him. He has a totally different outlook on life and still goes to the cardiac gym at the hospital. I went along with him last week (relatives are always welcome, and it is a free service under the NHS) They started me on a 10 minute gentle routine and I will build up slowly to the more taxing ones... mind you I was sweating like a bison after the first. I can do 10 minutes every day, the only equipment I need at the moment is the first step of our stairs. Over the next few weeks I will gradually build up to half an hour a day.

Thank you for your messages, they really help.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another rainy day,but I'm going to go on a dry run to the nerve doctor this morning,so I know where his office is, when I go to him next Tuesday.Shoulder seems to be better but the tips of my fingers are still tingling.

We have on more thing to worry about this week along with the eggs now it Boars deli meats[cold cuts] are now being recalled from Walmart. I was going to buy some deli meats ,but I guess I 'll have to find something else for sandwiches.

Another wonderful thing in the news its that Boston's hotels all have bed bugs. They investigated and found that people that vacationed in Chatham brought these bugs with them to the Boston Hotels. Blaming it on the homeless that are being housed in motels out there.

RHONDA-Sometimes we have bad eating days I do the same especially in the evenings. The best for me to combat this habit if I could go out doors after supper but with this hot humid stuff and now the rain I get out. Hoping for some better weather,to get out of this practice.

JOJO-Sorry about your DH having a coronary,but a least he going to the gym and working on it. EXERCISING in in my playbook also. If I can walk I go on my stationery bike for indoors. I also have like of WATP'S tapes and some Kathy Smith that I use also.

Have to go and get ready to take a dry run to the doctors office so I know wheres hes located for the appointment I have with him next Tuesday.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #13  

Hi everyone:

My cold seems to be coming back so I'm staying home this morning.

Jojo, it's good to hear that your DH used his health crisis to his benefit. It's true that a heart attack wakes a lot of people up.

I've had a good breakfast (Uncle Sam cereal, strawberries, skim milk) and am baking a whole wheat bread made with olive oil and wheat bran, which I love.

Yesterday it was 107F here, the hottest it has been on that date since 1952. I felt like I was in a convection oven when I was outside (not for long!).

Have a great OP day.

Rhonda
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'll be spending the whole day and probably tomorrow trying to remedy the hacking of our AOL email account. I apologize if any of you were sent the spam email. I'm trying to close the account, but AOL is not very helpful with the free email folks like myself.

In the meantime, I have to figure out which email to use and change ALLLLLL of my accounts. Trying not to stress eat and also trying to ignore my smokey smell migraine.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #15  
beachbum

VICKIE-I'm having the same problem with my e-mail also but I'm on Yahoo. Some how they have me in a face book account and I don't belong to them.When my dd gets back from vacation they are going to work me into Google's instead. My DS says it safer than yahoo.

Hope you will be able to work out your computer woos!!!

Last edited by beach bum; 08-24-2010 at 12:35 PM.