Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat - 8/21/2010

Welcome to Saturday fellow travelers on the Ideal Protein path! Have a great weekend.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

SOME OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
Tips for Newbies
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-newbies.html

Some Recipes
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html

Progress Photos
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

Link to Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
http://en.calameo.com/read/0000144480f9cc7640ea7

3FATCHICKS FORUM TECHNICAL STUFF
Tickers and signatures:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...forum-help-40/

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Attached file is a simple text file with the raw HTML code for the important links than can be copied and pasted into a new daily thread tomorrow and after.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 3fatchicks first post important links.txt (1.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-21-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: adding links
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #2  

Default no message

bumping to keep thread at top of main forum
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

lcw - thanks for your reply yesterday, regarding my headache. I know I was hydrated, and I made sure I had my sea salt. Frankly, I think the headache is a combination of sinus, stress, and maybe a little bit because of IP. I noticed that the right side of my neck was really tight this morning. I'm going to do some yoga stretches later today.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Good morning all....I'm wondering if we can have a Progress Photos Only thread....and then if we want to congratulate the person we could post that on the daily chat? The pictures are so impressive I would like to see them "center stage". Anyone else feel this way?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #5  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Awww Kelsey, I can really feel for you... I'm so dreading the day that my son leaves me. Hang in there, at least you know he's healthy & happy!
You're right. He is happy and healthy. I do have that to be thankful. I'm sure there are people who wish their sons were able to go away to college and for one reason or another they won't, so I will think about how lucky I am! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I really know how you feel... I was a single mom, with one child, & when he left for college, I really had an empty nest!.. I don't know what resources you have in your area, for volunteering, for advanced education, for clubs & organizations... I know this isn't an option for everybody, but let me tell you what I did... I packed up & moved 200 miles south & went back to college myself... my son & I graduated a week apart... he was at Texas A&M & I was at Texas Tech... it was wonderful having college in common with him, even if we were in different schools...

Go ahead, let yourself go through the emotions of loss... we'll be here anytime you need us...

lots of hugs
I would love that! However, I have a great husband, a pretty good job, 2 1/2 acres of property to care for, my home, daughters (both 5 min away), and of course my sunshine, Alyssa, my granddaughter! So moving isn't an option. However, I may go back to school soon. Thanks for the encouragement. and WAY TO GO on getting YOUR DEGREE(s)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
My heart aches with you. I went through this in pre-email days. My husband was dying, and everyone I know was saying something like "You'd let your only child [sixteen] go so far away to the big city [New York]?" ... But I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll bet you'll become even closer to each other. I hope this helps.
I'm sure you're right, Linny. I love talking to him, and I haven't mad at him for staying up all night and sleeping all day since he left! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
...- YOU WILL CRY-YOU WILL FEEL BLUE...IT'S NORMAL ! YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY AND LIVED FOR THEM, THAT WAS YOUR VOCATION! ( IT WAS MINE) WE ARE HERE HONEY TO LIFT YOU UP ANYTIME..,,, I HAVE NO IDEA....BUT I GONNA FIND OUT! WITH MY STRONG FAITH AND LOVING PERSONALITY, WHAT A JOURNEY THAT LIES AHEAD OF ME!!!!..
You're right! We WILL find ourselves. Who are we without the "mom" title??? I can't wait myself! I bet I'm fun. LOL

Quote:
I originally mis-posted this as a tack-on to my weigh-in today. Sorry. I'd really like some advise, if you have any.

Since the end of week 2 I have officially lost 9 pounds in eight weeks, although I have gone up and down, up and down. Am on my third set of blood work which = insulin resistance and hormone imbalance but no solution offered...
Help?
Linny,

My friend, my sweet sweet friend. You and I are both slow losers. It is most frustrating. I've had a few good weeks here and there, but as you know, my loss is much slower than most peoples. I've kept a spreadsheet since I started, and my average is 2.3, that's not good. However, it's better then gaining which is what I was doing before IP. That being said, yesterday was the first time I REALLY had a cheat (other then the planned week of my cruise - I always knew that was off limits, as that was planned before IP).

If you've never gone into ketosis, then perhaps you're not burning fat, you're just on a really restrictive diet? Therefore you won't lose as quickly?!? I'm not of the "researchers" on the board, but maybe one of them can answer this question.

Not every plan is for every person. I feel 48.5 lbs is proof that it works for me, but when I started and they told me how much I SHOULD lose, I was supposed to be between 75 - 85 lbs by now, and planning a night out with my husband for his birthday September 1st. Here I am with over 35 lbs still to lose. That is discouraging. Every month when I turn the page of the calendar I see my original mini goals - WOW was I off! sigh. So I get it... you do what you're supposed to do, so you expect an A+ or at least an A, so when you get a D and it means you're hanging in there, not failing, it sucks.

Good luck to you on your decision. I have no advice for you. I struggle way too much with it myself. I watch people around me go on and pass me and go off the diet, and I'm still on phase 1 after more than 5 months.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

One small little tiny request for the people who create the DAILY CHAT, could you pretty please put the DAY of the week, Like "Weekend 8/21/10 - 8/22/10" or "Monday 8/23/10" this would help me when I log in and haven't yet had my coffee and I think I'm on the correct day only to find that my LCB has taken over and my coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet! LOL No biggie, and I may be the only screwball here that gets confused!

Originally posted by Ruth (our moderator) last weekend:

By the way, I started up a new chat thread because the usual thread is way too long and very difficult to navigate as well as very intimidating for newbies. Let's try a weekend and then maybe a daily thread which should make things less confusing. This seems to work well in other large sub-Forums like South Beach.

Last edited by Kelsey; 08-21-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

A big apology to 6710 aka Rosie, and anyone else that feels their efforts have been lost on organizing the thread. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I was merely sharing an opinion on how things were for me when I come to the boards these days. I did not mean to be malicious or insensitive. Again, I'm sorry. I will continue to read the DAILY thread, and ignore all the rest unless there is something that really catches my eye. I guess that's the point, aye?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #7  

Ok..I'm a newbie and from what I've ready y'all want me to ask questions here and not start a new one so here goes...

Alot of you talk about making a shake out of your puddings. Please tell me what you do. I am on my first week and didn't get to pick my foods. I've noticed that I still have a lot of puddings left so I will have to use some for breakfast. I'm not sure that I want to eat pudding for breakfast so making a shake may be a good choice for me.

I'm on day 5 and everything is going well. I think I've lost 7 pounds already! I'm feeling good too. Have been to 2 social events this week and ate NOTHING which is a big accomplishment for me.

Thinking about going out to dinner tonight at Outback...I think I could do fine there.

I've tried using the Search option but it seems hard to find what I want to know buried in the posts.

If you can offer any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Have a great day!
Debora
Old 08-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #8  

Default Thinking of starting IP

Hello Everyone -

I am thinking of starting IP and have been reading the threads on here which is making me want to start even more but I have some issues/questions...

I'm a semi vegetarian - I only eat seafood. Anyone else a vegetarian? Is this diet hard if you don't eat meat? I really don't want to eat fish EVERY night for supper!!!

I LOVE fruit - how hard is it to give it up??

And lastly - I only have about 15 lbs to lose but am stuck at my current weight and nothing else is working so figured it couldn't hurt to try IP. Is this only for people who have more weight to lose or does it work on people with only a little left to lose also???

Thanks for any input!!!! I'm excited to maybe start IP next week but just wanted a little more info first!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #9  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debora View Post
Ok..I'm a newbie and from what I've ready y'all want me to ask questions here and not start a new one so here goes...

Alot of you talk about making a shake out of your puddings. Please tell me what you do. I am on my first week and didn't get to pick my foods. I've noticed that I still have a lot of puddings left so I will have to use some for breakfast. I'm not sure that I want to eat pudding for breakfast so making a shake may be a good choice for me.

I'm on day 5 and everything is going well. I think I've lost 7 pounds already! I'm feeling good too. Have been to 2 social events this week and ate NOTHING which is a big accomplishment for me.

Thinking about going out to dinner tonight at Outback...I think I could do fine there.

I've tried using the Search option but it seems hard to find what I want to know buried in the posts.

Have a great day!
Debora
Wow, sounds like you've been doing great!

To make pudding mix into a shake, add more water than it calls for. It's been awhile for me, but instead of 4-5 ounces, try 8 ounces. Adjust for the consistency you want.

Before you go out to eat, check the restaurant sticky here for guidance. I'd also look at the menu online ahead of time, and figure out what the best options are, and what substitutions you might need to request so you don't have to stress out about it when you get there.

Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treybones View Post
Hello Everyone -

I am thinking of starting IP and have been reading the threads on here which is making me want to start even more but I have some issues/questions...

I'm a semi vegetarian - I only eat seafood. Anyone else a vegetarian? Is this diet hard if you don't eat meat? I really don't want to eat fish EVERY night for supper!!!

I LOVE fruit - how hard is it to give it up??

And lastly - I only have about 15 lbs to lose but am stuck at my current weight and nothing else is working so figured it couldn't hurt to try IP. Is this only for people who have more weight to lose or does it work on people with only a little left to lose also???

Thanks for any input!!!! I'm excited to maybe start IP next week but just wanted a little more info first!
I also only eat seafood, and did just fine on IP. I had much more to lose than you, but I believe you should expect to lose fairly quickly, though probably at a lower weekly average. Still, when you get into ketosis, your body will burn fat, and the changes in inches and conversion from fat to muscle will be evident in your measurements and how your clothes fit.

For a comparison, my sister wanted to lose 28 pounds, and reached 15 pounds loss in four weeks; I wanted to lose 50 pounds, and lost 15 in 3.5 weeks.

Sorry about losing the fruit, but you'll get it back in Phase 3. It's not forever!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimh2010 View Post

I have a few questions... Today is my second day on IP and I read that for the first 2-3 weeks I shouldn't have restricted items but my coach never told me this she sat there and watched me pick out pancakes, chilli and oatmeal. I don't wanna slow down my weight loss. What should I do???? Go back and get some differnt packs??? Is it going to affect me going in ketosis? Also Im having trouble with the sea salt. Could someone tell me a few tricks to get in my half a teaspoon. Also are we suppose to just take 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil by itself are can we cook with it???
I was allowed restricted packets from Day 1, but only one per day. I actually was instructed to use 1 full teaspoon of sea salt each day, so I always had salt left at the end of the day. I just put it in a little water and drank it down. I cooked with the olive oil and used it in homemade salad dressings.

Quote:
I originally mis-posted this as a tack-on to my weigh-in today. Sorry. I'd really like some advise, if you have any.

Since the end of week 2 I have officially lost 9 pounds in eight weeks, although I have gone up and down, up and down. Am on my third set of blood work which = insulin resistance and hormone imbalance but no solution offered.

Am I discouraged? Yes. Do I think IP is a great program? Yes. Is it for me, or is it working. I don't know. I have postponed my move to Germany for four months, optimistically thinking there may be a break through that, even in my most hopeful mood, seems ephemeral.

I'm not a quitter. Too thoroughly imbued with the Judeo-Christian work ethic for that. But I do not fancy bloodying my head against a brick wall, day after day.

This is not a plea for pity. And I sure hope it doesn't sound like a whine. I debated a long, long time before I wrote this. I just hope that someone, anyone, can see something I'm missing; or has had a similar experience -- perhaps with a solution?

Fact: I have only cheated once. Ate a Danish curled cookie stick, dipped in melted bitter chocolate and Nutella, and covered with toasted almonds that I made for a friend's birthday. (Come on, if you're going to do something, do it wholeheartedly?!).

Fact: I have followed the IP plan to the letter. Eaten only organic vegetables and low fat fish and meats -- heavy on the Dover sole which is in season.

Fact: Calories have never gone over 930; usually in the 700-820 range.

Fact: Since I got off of the restricted packets my coach required, the highest my total, not net, carb count has not gone over 24 although I eat all the vegetables and 100-200 grams of romaine lettuce daily.

Fact: I gave up alcohol, Pepsi 0, and skimmed milk. No big deal for the alcohol; real withdrawal from the Pepsi. Use stevia as a sweetener. Used to drink 2-3 cups of milk a day and it is the only thing I miss.

Fact: If ketosticks are any indicator, I have never been in ketosis, did not go through withdrawal the first three days, and the euphoria I experienced from mid-week one to the beginning of week three is a distant memory. The only variable here is that I stopped restricted packets at the beginning of week three. If that were the root cause, though, I think I would have adjusted by now. Help?
Wow, Linden! Sounds like you're doing everything just right! Have you said that you are hypothyroid? If so, do you know your TSH level? I have been on thyroid medication for the last 24 years, and my endocrinologist says my TSH number should be between 0 and 1 optimally. Higher numbers may be OK for people who haven't been diagnosed and medicated in the past, but not for me. Just a thought.

Are you doing any exercise? I wouldn't go overboard, but maybe some walking would help?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #11  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:

Alot of you talk about making a shake out of your puddings.

Have a great day!
Debora
Just fill your shaker with cold water, add a little sweetener if you like, and perhaps some Walden Farms Syrup and enjoy....the puddings make a much thicker shake....I had a lemon pudding shake this a.m.witj WF strawberry syrup and it was great!!!!

Marilyn
Old 08-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:

Debora
Welcome, Debora! I made shakes with my puddings using 12 ounces of water. You can adjust to your own taste.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #13  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Welcome, Debora! I made shakes with my puddings using 12 ounces of water. You can adjust to your own taste.
Thank you, Bev! I knew you'd have the right mix all worked out!

Last edited by Novak; 08-21-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Good Morning Ladies and Gents!!!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! I GOT INTO THE......180'S this morning!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!
Haven't seen those numbers for a LOOOOONG time . Let's hear it for IP
Old 08-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:

Have a great day!
Debora
Hi Debora....I love the shakes made from the puddings, I bought a small size blender at the Bargin Store for $15 and it works great....I put 8 oz of water, my choco pudding mix, 3 to 5 ice cubes, and sometimes some WF choco syrup or WF Strawberry fruit spread!! Blend it up and yummy yummy yummy!!!! Almost makes me feel like I was cheating it is so good.
For the butterscotch pudding I do the same but add some pumpkin pie spices to it....tastes like pumpkin pie in a shake!!!
Have fun, try some different combinations....as long as you aren't adding carbs, fat or sugar it's fine.
Closed Thread