20-Somethings BL Corner - ~~~Theme for Fall Challenge~~~

View Full Version : ~~~Theme for Fall Challenge~~~

KimL1214
08-20-2010, 10:52 PM
So I wanted to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion about what they think we should choose for our theme...

When you vote, please suggest 4 Team Names for that category... We're going to keep it at 4 just to make sure that there are plenty of members on each team after people drop, etc. (which hopefully no one will!!!)

*Side Note* The challenge will be running from August 29-October 10

KimL1214
08-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I was thinking it would be cool to pick 4 NFL from all different parts of the US and putting people in them based on where they are located... A lot of work... but would be kinda fun... People out of the US could pick which team they wanted to be on... of course specials requests would have a time limit and then you would just be placed on a team...

Everlasting
08-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Haha... okay I picked the Greek Goddesses theme. :)

I had to look up a list here so here are the goddess that I think would represent some of our hopes and motivations for our challenge! I stole the descriptions from a website. :)

Aphrodite: - Olympian Goddess of love and beauty.
Eos: - The beautiful Goddess of the dawn who brings the hope of a brand new day.
Nike: - The Greek Goddess of victory.
Eirenne: - The Greek Goddess who symbolized peace.

ChubbyBun
08-21-2010, 01:37 AM
I voted for the goddesses category and like Everlasting's suggestions. I also really like the NFL teams idea. If we go with teams I'd like to vote in the San Diego Chargers and/or Seattle Seahawks. :cheer2:

DivineFidelity
08-22-2010, 09:25 AM
I also voted for the goddesses, and I tried to list 4 different ones then Everlasting just so there were more to pick from, but I also like hers. My personal favorite though has always been Artemis.

Demeter - the goddess of the harvest
Hestia - the virgin goddess of the hearth and the home
Artemis - the Greek goddess of the hunt
Athena - the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill.

misstraveller
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Love the Harry Potter idea! It got my vote :)

Lippy100485
08-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Super Heroes! You can do actual super heroes or you can do groups!
Groups:

Avengers
Fantastic 4
SHIELD
X-Men (My choice)

Superheroes (Guys) -
Captain America
Hulk
Iron Man (or Spiderman)
Wolverine (My choice)

Superheroes (Chicks)
Black Widow
Ms. Marvel
Phoenix (or Elektra)
Storm (My choice!)
I can provide pics too if you want them!

JessicaRT
08-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I like the god/ goddesses theme

Gaia
Nike (goddess of victory)
Athena
Aphrodite

katylil
08-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I like most of them except the sports team one. It's kinda irrelevant to those of us outside of the US (I'm not entirely sure what NFL even is?!)

The Greek Gods/Goddesses sounds awesome though!!! :D

Brown
08-22-2010, 11:15 PM
AW MAN I totally overlooked the Harry Potter one and voted for superheroes. I'd have voted for harry potter had I noticed it. Oh well. Looks like it's probably going to be gods/goddesses.

Mickeypnd
08-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I liked the goddesses one, so that got my vote! :cheer:

KimL1214
08-23-2010, 04:19 PM
SOOOOOOO... Looks like the Gods/Goddesses are gonna win... This is kinda fun as it shows what we should vote on for the challenge following this one!

summershine
08-23-2010, 11:57 PM
harry potter for sures! xD

....but i suppose gods/goddesses ain't that bad ;)

girlonfire
08-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I like the Goddesses one! My middle name is Artemis though, so I'm biased :).