General chatter - Once a fat chick, now you're a skinny b****

CarbsAreEvil
08-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Have you noticed that while dropping pounds, you gained an attitude? Like, I had a friend and she lost about 40 pounds and I've just noticed how nasty she became. Like, she had the nerve to talk about how fat another woman was and I was thinking "Dude! That was you last year!!!" It just shocked me, and I'll have to admit, there have been times I've made comments about someones size that I would have NEVER made when I was 267.

Has anyone else noticed that personality change in themselves or others? :devil:

CarbsAreEvil
08-20-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't find myself doing that. I wonder if there's a difference between those who've been not-fat before and those who've always been overweight and are feeling all sorts of things they've never felt before, like confidence.

Makes alot of sense.

ncuneo
08-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't find myself doing that. I wonder if there's a difference between those who've been not-fat before and those who've always been overweight and are feeling all sorts of things they've never felt before, like confidence.

Hmm interesting. I'll admit it, I do have a bit of an attitude now, but only when it's appropriate like with personal friends in PRIVATE or only in my head. And I was a "non-fat" before I was fat. So I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'll be interested to see others responses. I will say I'm not exactly proud of my attitude sometimes, but it's there. I try to keep in check as best I can because if I'm not careful I could end up in those shoes again. I have to work hard everyday to maintain and part of that is staying humble and keeping the attitude in check.

DaughterOfVenus
08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
OMG MY GRANDMOTHER DOES THAT ALL THE FREAKING TIME!

She used to be really big, up until she was about fifty. She ended up getting gastric bypass, losing a bunch, and now she acts like she has the right to judge people who are fat. I've come THIS close several times to being like, hey just because you cut out three quarters of your stomach and finally shed 200 pounds doesn't mean you're suddenly better than anyone. Lately she's been making snide little comments towards me, and I actually turned around and said, 'Meme you were fat for fifty years before you finally figured this out. I'm twenty three years old, you're no better than me. Lay off!'

She is TICKING ME OFF. Get the heck over yourself. Sometimes I walk out of the room while she's still talking about what a fat whale some woman on tv is.

mandalinn82
08-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I was always fat. I don't really notice any changes in the ways I judge other people. I never judged before based on body type or weight, and I don't now.

I'm trying to work on not judging on other criteria. Even if I just do it in my head, its not right. It's definitely a side I don't like about myself.

starfishkitty
08-20-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't know if I judge in a nasty way, but when I see a really big person who's obviously having a hard time of it buying tons and tons of sugar and junk food at my work... in my head I'm like "God... please... put it DOWN for your own sake! Don't DOOOOOOO it....!" :shrug: I guess I feel bad for them.... and bad for me, that I used to be like that.

ringmaster
08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Maybe not a b*** judging others, but I think I picked up an attitude on food pushers and people that are mean to fat people (because I was there, I think it will always hit a nerve when someone says something about a fat person/people).

I don't find myself ever judging fat or obese people, but if they are very big were I kinda do a double take, I feel bad for them and wonder what's going on in their life that they do that to themselves. I figure if it's not medical, it's probably emotional and stress. I've been fat all my life, so I guess I know how hard it actually is to lose weight and how food can control your days and life.

Losing It 2010
08-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Yes I am but only to myself, I do not voice any of the thoughts in my head about others around me because it is so judgmental. I feel so bad about it and NO ONE hears anything I think. and if one more co-worker comes by my office with German Chocolate cake, I am going to shove it down their throats..lol

kaplods
08-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I've seen it alot in others. Friends who became self-righteous and down-right cruel when they've lost weight. I've even seen people do it after gaining and relosing (if a person learns the hard way, how easy it is to regain, you'd think they'd be less judgemental the second time around).

Being the victim of it too many times, has made me vow never to stand in that place myself.. Of course, I've struggled with my weight for nearly 40 years, for me to become self-righteous or judgemental would be hugely hypocritical.

Also, my degrees in psychology and my years working in social service, substance abuse, and law enforcement, I've also gained a unique understanding of just how difficult any change is. I saw people trying to pull their lives together, wanting to change destructive behavior patterns, and having just as much difficulty as I did with my weight. I recognized the potential hypocracy there too. I think it made me more compassionate and more effective in my job. I know I had many probation clients tell me that I really helped them because I treated them like human beings and not like idiots or "filthy criminals."

Change is hard, and if we lose sight of that we risk hurthing others and ourselves.

SarahD140
08-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Brilliant Kaplods. :)

I am not only working on my eating/exercise habits, I am making an effort to change how I think. I have a very judgmental family, and now I can see that I too am judgmental. This will be a great thread for me to fallow. I never say mean things, but I do think along the lines of "oh poor so and so" or over-attribute social, and economical reasons to others obesity. I'm working on seeing people as multi-dimensional. Something I have always thought I did, but have more recently realized otherwise.

justjill124
08-21-2010, 12:21 AM
One thing I've noticed when it comes to dating...as my weight goes down, my standards go up. I swear I used to date more when I was fatter. Now, I'm kind of a snob...LOL

mkendrick
08-21-2010, 01:07 AM
I don't think that my attitude towards other peoples' sizes has changed much. I was never too big, but I was always overweight. And definitely uncomfortable in my own skin because of my weight. I don't really pity overweight people because they have the ability to make right choices and change it if they want to. But I do have empathy. I understand how hard it is to walk in those shoes, and I understand how hard it is to start making the right choices. I feel for them, and I hope that one day they'll be able to find the strength to change (IF they want to, of course).

That being said, a few of my large friends have snipped at me for having skinny-b**** moments. But I don't think I have been out of line. For example, this morning I was bloated from just starting my TOM and I just felt puffy and frumpy and uncomfortable. I mentioned that I was having a major fat day, and my friend said "oh hush, you're TINY, don't say things like that, it just makes us feel bad." I certainly do not mean to make people feel bad, and I don't want to be considered a skinny b**** at all. I guess some things are interpreted differently when you're a different size.

Mickeypnd
08-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I think people that are rude to others and make nasty comments have not just gotten this way from losing weight, but have been that way their whole lifes and they now feel as if they can say something because they've lost a certain amount of weight.

amyleigh
08-21-2010, 01:44 PM
i don't make nasty comments or say rude things to people, but when i see women who are a similar size to what i used to be doing different things i wonder if that's how i used to look...i always feel bad about it afterwards, not that i think they look bad, but because i'm comparing myself to them.

i have found that i am overly protective of overweight people now. when i used to hear people making fat jokes about people my size or smaller i would join in...because i was bigger to, so it somehow justified it. now, though, i get really angry, especially when it's said by someone who's never had weight issues. i guess it's one of those, we can make fun of ourselves, but you can't make fun of us, things

occassionally i'll find myself thinking i'm the size i used to be and make a comment about being a "fat-girl at heart" around someone who didn't know me when i was bigger. i always get nasty looks when i do that...guess i need to be more aware of it.

ChubbyBun
08-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I think people that are rude to others and make nasty comments have not just gotten this way from losing weight, but have been that way their whole lifes and they now feel as if they can say something because they've lost a certain amount of weight.

I agree.

losermom
08-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I try really hard not to judge. I usually have no way of knowing another's path in life. I do, however, have alot of empathy for those that appear to be struggling either physically or emotionally. I was either obese/borderline obese for 20+ years as an adult so that may color my thinking. Just this week I was having a conversation with 2 friends, that have never really struggled with their weight. They were discussing how a specific person, who was very obese, should just "try" to eat better and starting walking. I did state that as someone who has been there that just starting was completely overwhelming for me and that it was easy for others to judge but not so easy if you were in that position yourself.

Ciao
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1-1.jpg

I feel no better than anyone else
just because I've lost weight.

I've seen girls that are 200 + lbs wearing
bikinis at a beach and I envy them for being
so confident when my 140 pound self finds it
so hard revealing my tummy or legs. You never
know who, like us, is trying to lose weight
or going through the same hard journey we are.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1.jpg

Robsia
08-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Sometimes, when I hear someone complain about how much they want to lose weight, whilst AT THE SAME TIME doing all the things that are bad for them, i.e. eating poorly or not exercising, I am impatient in my own head with them. My thought is "Well, I did it, why can't you - just do it if you want it do bad!"

If someone doesnct want to lose weight, then I don;t judge them for being overweight - it is their choice.

I do experience a certain smugness when I am the slimmest woman in a room - the first time I met my now dh's family at a family party, I was the thinnest one there! I have since met some of his nieces are who thinner than me, so I can't make that claim any more, but it felt good for a while!! But that's something to be kept in my head!

Shmead
08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't judge people for being overweight, or at least no more than I used to. I will admit to being more attracted, in general, to attractive people: I'm more flattered when someone beautiful and charming and graceful compliments me (about anything, not just my appearance) than the same comment coming from someone who is not charismatic. But I was always that way. I think it's human nature.

I do find I work less hard to prove myself to strangers now. Unfortunately, very obese people (and I was very obese) are perceived by many as less ambitious, less clever, less insightful--I used to work really hard to make sure I showed myself to not be like that. Now I don't feel like I have to do this as much.

Wysteria
08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I think the attitude is more about confidence, really. Those that were larger and are now thinner are probably over-compensating by being a bit mean. I know I have - and now, yes, I am quite judgemental over why people are big. I guess I just wonder how anyone could be happy at that size. I dunno. I try not to be outwardly mean though, I keep my mean to myself. I'm trying this whole 'tact' thing. It seems to be working, nobody's deleted me off Facebook for a whole month!

Robsia
08-21-2010, 06:36 PM
LOL - my fb friend list keeps fluctuating - I CBA to work out who has deleted me, I have that many who are just Farmville friends.

rd290
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
I've noticed a few women who, at one time, heavy and then, once they lost the weight, started to become snobby. One of them always makes comments about how she is "fat" again because she gained 3 pounds...btw, she is a size 5 (she told me so) while I'm WAY more than double her size. What the **** does she expect me to say to that? Do sometimes feel like she does this on purpose to make me feel bad because I use to be smaller than her 2 years ago.

There was another female coworker who use to be heavy and eventually lost weight. She got snobby and would make fun of overweight people. I hope that WHEN (I'm trying to get rid of using the would "if" in terms of losing weight) I lose the weight, that I will not turn into a ***** like these 2 women have from their weight loss. Yes, I do think many women/people become arrogant after losing weight. There is a different between being confident and being arrogant.

ChubbyBun
08-22-2010, 01:37 AM
I've noticed a few women who, at one time, heavy and then, once they lost the weight, started to become snobby. One of them always makes comments about how she is "fat" again because she gained 3 pounds...btw, she is a size 5 (she told me so) while I'm WAY more than double her size. What the **** does she expect me to say to that? Do sometimes feel like she does this on purpose to make me feel bad.

There is a different between being confident and being arrogant.

All of my thinner female friends say things like that first part to me too. They probably complain about their weight because they're insecure and/or uncomfortable about it. Aren't we all! lol. But yeah, it comes out to me (as a bigger girl) as if they're rubbing it in my face. But deep down, I think it's more or less people being inconsiderate and talking without even thinking. And then there are those who want to compare misery (because after all it loves company), and have a pity party.

I think commiserating with your close friends now and then is ok, but I also think people need to remember to consider people's feelings and their situation. I think people most often think inward so much that they forget that there's always someone else out there having a harder time than they are. On that note, that's why 3FC is so great. We can all meet more people who are in our weight range to help and support each other without putting our foot in our mouths haha.

And yeah, confidence without being arrogant is definitely a good quality. Well said.

mandalinn82
08-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I think commiserating with your close friends now and then is ok, but I also think people need to remember to consider people's feelings and their situation. I think people most often think inward so much that they forget that there's always someone else out there having a harder time than they are. On that note, that's why 3FC is so great. We can all meet more people who are in our weight range to help and support each other without putting our foot in our mouths haha.

We've had our issues with that here, as well. People who have 10 lbs to go, compared to 100, for example, talking about how fat they are. There are plenty of people here whose start weight is below my goal weight.

I have never worried about the "Oh, I am so fat" comments from others. Even when I was heavy, I never understood taking that as "rubbing it in". That a person is feeling big/bloated/sluggish/heavy isn't a judgement on ME, you know? It's just how that person feels about themselves, separate entirely from how they feel about me or how I feel about me.

ChubbyBun
08-22-2010, 01:53 AM
I have never worried about the "Oh, I am so fat" comments from others. Even when I was heavy, I never understood taking that as "rubbing it in". That a person is feeling big/bloated/sluggish/heavy isn't a judgement on ME, you know? It's just how that person feels about themselves, separate entirely from how they feel about me or how I feel about me.

True. Your'e right. Everyone feels differently, has different tolerances, and comfort levels. Someone who weighs 140, who's trying to lose a couple pounds and get down to 130 might feel completely uncomfortable with their weight. But the way I see it, it's a two way road. The person with the issue should consider others and be respectful, and the person on the receiving end of the conversation should keep an open mind. There's a time and a place for everything and a 140 lb person probably wouldn't go into a 300+ thread and quibble over 10 lbs. At least I would hope they wouldn't. Just as I would expect my thinner friends to be a little sensitive toward my weight struggle when complaining about their own. It's a respect thing. And I think remembering what is appropriate is always key in communication. Especially on delicate topics.

PinkHoodie
08-22-2010, 02:14 AM
I just hope and pray that I don't become like this. Right now when I see a severly overweight person my heart just goes out to them.
The other thing is, people out in the world see me still as fat...BUT what they don't see is that I have taken leaps and bounds in my journey...that at one point started with just one step. How do we know these people haven't taken that first step already? Or are already 10 pounds lighter then they were? I just don't know how someone can judge so harshly when they have no clue about that persons life.
I would hate to find out someday that something I said or a look I gave made someone give up or go home and binge...everyone deserves love and respect...who are we to decide who deserves it and who doesn't?
Sorry I will get off my soap box....but like I said, I hope I NEVER do this when I lose all the weight...I would be very miserable inside...

Lori259
08-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Ok after I read this it made me just wanna post what happened recently On facebook
I wanted to get everyones intake on the new hot thang on Facebook ~Those things where u press u like a saying...Well the newest one I have been seeing pop up that some people on my friends list have clicked like too Really pissed me off so ~ heres what it says then It says click if u like this ...

~Hi, Welcome to Abercrombie. Our sizes are; Small, X Small, Anorexic, Bulemic, and Malnourished."

I read that & totally was uanble to comment ~only was able to press I liked it too ~thats an only option To it~which
I refused to do ~it was degrading to People! Anyways heres what loud mouth me wrote on My facebook wall....

"I hate this thing people have been clicking they like~Hi, Welcome to Abercrombie. Our sizes are; Small, X Small, Anorexic, Bulemic, and Malnourished." ~thats awful to say! Would people get pissed if it said welcome to Lane Bryant Our sizes are Large,XL,overweight,Obese, Morbidly obese , Fat a$$,& God even We hope we carry your size!?(I would be offended over either Personally)"

Then I also wrote this as a comment cause your limited to how much u can write on a wall post....

No offense to those that clicked they liked the above saying About Abercrombie.. I was just wanting to say it's degrading to some people...& make a point that neither of the above would be pleasant to read for different sized people~(I was heavy all my life until I started my journey so I am in know way degrading heavy women or thin women) Just had to speak my peace on the subject. Hugs*

~So what do u all think? I know I should have added men to it too! I was just so pissed off at the whole thing & Lane Bryant was all I could think of that sold plus size clothes cause I am a yard sale/thrift shop/walmart/clearence stores queen....And 2 be honest I rarely got anything much different when I was heavier...So I aint sure what lane bryant sales But I was trying to get my point across cause I knew I had recieved a few of there catalogs in the past & they had plus sizes in them~Anyways~I know it was a bit much But I hope they got the point.....& yes I know what I came up with for the Lane Bryant bit for heavier people was nuts but I had to get my point across somehow! I am still aggravated about it! And I know I was the unpopular lady with issues when people read that when they logged onto there facebook pages ~especially the ones that clicked they liked that saying ~OMG! Anyways I click i like some things sometimes ~such as ~they call them skinny jeans ~not make ya skinny Jeans~because I bought some recently & They didn't make me look skinnier LOL~So I thought that was a bit funny ~ But I think most everyone can relate to that being true That owns a pair of skinny jeans~the above statement about abercrombie sizing is totally untrue ~just because A person is skinny or heavy~going on the abercrombie & Lane Bryant thingy(& yes I made up the lane bryant one To make an example On my Facebook page)~Doesn't mean they do not eat correctly or they are unhealthy~I was unhealthy when I was heavy severely & still have a few probs not weight related though Or To do with what I eat..Health wise
THOUGHTS PLEASE.....

I hope I didn't go too far ~but I felt it necassary~I am tired of being picked on whether your small or Big ~it's Getting out of control!

We should all be proud Of who we are as individuals regardless of our sizes~I started my journey because of health issues & I have have went beyond my original goal even.(counting calories) From a size 22 to a 2's,3's,& 4's (depends on brands) I will never make fun of a heavy person ever I have never been small until now & Have been Heavy all my life otherwise. I also feel that heavy people are rude to make fun of small people also. It's all sooo silly so I know where everyone is coming from to be made Fun of any time or to see someone making fun of others is pure meaness!
I live by this:respect yourself & those around You & hope they do the same ~if they don't at least you know you did the right thing regardless & Tell them your feelings on the situation when they do it.Maybe they need to hear it~It's ok to take up for yourself or others if its the right thing to do & you do it respectfully!
(My words)

~Sorry to write a book but I thought y'all Would be the best people to talk this over with cause we all struggle with weight issues~ & it was subject appropriate(i think)

Beach Patrol
08-22-2010, 01:18 PM
...all I know....

is that....

anyone who EVER calls me a "skinny B****"

is gonna get one great big :hug: outta me!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Lori259
08-22-2010, 01:37 PM
...all I know....

is that....

anyone who EVER calls me a "skinny B****"

is gonna get one great big :hug: outta me!!!!!!!! :rofl:

:lol: How funny! IF they do me it may be this option I choose~:frypan: or this one :kickbutt: or even this one:boxing:

I am j/k:joker:
That made my day to read though! HILARIOUS!(oh & I know what u was getting at~I will be happy to call u that for a hug now cause u only weigh 175~Aint u skinny already?To me I was skinny the day I hit onederland Which u started in ~so wheres my hug? I would rather call u skinnie minnie though does that get me a hug? hehehehehe)

TJFitnessDiva
08-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't really think anyone has bashed skinny people on this forum.

I do have a different attitude than I used to but I'm one of those people that believe you get what you put into the universe. I choose a more positive outlook ;)

I do get a little impatient with people that come up to me trying to justify the way they are eating....would I eat it? Nope. Do I care you are eating it? That would be a big negative.

I don't judge by appearances....people can be nice & a possible friend no matter how they look. The same can be said for mean people :lol:

Aunty Jam
08-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Hah.. I was called a skinny b***h by some people I hadn't seen in a long time. They meant it as a compliment and I took it as one.

I have gained a ton of confidence since losing 40 pounds... I no longer like to wear super big, baggy clothes. I'd rather wear something that shows that I now have a waist :) But I'm not about to go around and bash people who are heavy, that would be completely hypocritical. I feel bad for people who are heavy but not in a pity way. I feel bad because I know it can be done, they can be happy and healthy just as I am now. But they need to get to that moment in their life where they make the decision and say "I need to do something about this!". Because no one can make that decision for them.

So I try to treat everyone as an equal, be they big, small, ulgy, pretty... who am I to judge? But I'm starting to like me, and even my body... I like to put on a smaller sized shirt that shows some curves and say "Yes, that looks good". I like to hold my head high and smile... go ahead and look at me.

TJFitnessDiva
08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I know what it means :P

TJFitnessDiva
08-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I've been a member here for a while, I've read a good bit of the board ;)

If you think it's bashing then contact the mods. That's what they are there for..there are some people that are bitter & that goes to both the obese and skinny sides.

The real women wears a size whatever thread came about because of an article....as for the models, yes they are real people but if they are in print they are air brushed, so in that media their bodies aren't real. Their bodies have gotten much healthier looking (then again I only read magazines like Self lol) over the years but the pressure to be super scary skinny is there (I have a close friend that was a model)

kaplods
08-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Compared to all of the other weight loss sites sites I've visited - and even compared to "face-to-face situations," (I avoided saying "in real life" because some people find the term objectionable, implying that online communication isn't "real") I see very little skinny bashing (or bashing of any kind) on this site.

Are people sometimes insensitive? On a lot of topics? Oh yeah - but we're people. Imperfect people, if only the perfect people were allowed on this site, it wouldn't be populated at all.

When people express their frustration - bigotry sometimes comes out. Even the most compassionate person on the planet can feel unjustly attacked and can lash out at the "group" that has hurt them the most. It's easy to make a small step from justified anger to bigotry. Instead of a person saying "many of the thin people in my life have hurt me intentionally or because they don't understand what I'm struggling with," they may say and/or think "thin people suck!."

Is it true? Absolutely not, but the mistake is an entirely human one.

It's very difficult for people to understand people in different situations. It's also very difficult to get outside yourself and understand who you could be hurting and how.

It's unfair to say there's a lot of bashing of any type on this site - because there's so much less here than anywhere else I've been (including my day-to-day, face-to-face) life.

It will never be perfect, because people aren't perfect. And if we censor everything that could possible offend anyone - there's not much we would be able to say or discuss.

This needs to be a place where people can express their thoughts and feelings - even the inappropriate ones.

There's also "counter-cultre" behavior going on - because in "real life" in many areas even an insult is taken as a compliment if the word skinny is involved. When I was in high school, accusing someone of being anorexic was often taken as a compliment. There was no "good way" to talk about a person who was overweight.

To some degree, this site is a "reversal" of the way things are elsewhere, and I think that's actually a normal stage to go through. I went through a period of contempt for people who weren't overweight (especially if they complained about being fat). All-in-all, I think it was a relatively short phase, but I think I needed to go through it to come out the other side.

I thought I had rid myself of most of my prejudices, but I've learned otherwise - Ironically here. Because while there is some "skinny-bashing" going on here, there's far, far more understanding and compassion being distributed. In most of the threads in which skinny-bashing appears - you will also find posts that defend people of all sizes and remind folks that everyone has their own demons.

If you're looking for bashing you will find it, and if you count each incidence there will be quite a few, but I'd challenge you to look for "anti-bashing" as well, and you'll find far more.

The reason this site has become the only one I visit daily, is because of the compassion and understanding here (even the compassion and understanding for the people who aren't ready yet to be fully and completely compassionate and understanding to everyone - which by the way IS everyone. After all a person who is perfectly understanding and compassionate would be so towards those who aren't able to be).

We're all works-in-progress, and that includes the occasional irrational, untrue, and uncharitable belief.

ChubbyBun
08-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't really think anyone has bashed skinny people on this forum.

I agree. I haven't seen any skinny bashing, although I'm fairly new.

I've seen more opinion bashing than skinny bashing haha. People flexing their egos and opinions, and bringing their negativity to the table.

People ought to take things with a grain of salt and learn to pick their battles. Or dare I say it... Be the bigger person lol. Pun totally intended. :P

katkitten
08-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Maybe it stems from anxiety/fears about regaining the weight? If you distance yourself from that person and point out all of the ways they are not you and how much their behavior differs from yours it could make you more confident that you will stay on track. They say that women are sometimes the least supportive jurors in rape trials because they are more likely to blame the victim than men because they dont want to believe it could happen to them. Maybe there is a similar thing going on here...

I also wonder if it's related to the tendency for ex-smokers to be much more disgusted by cigarette smoke than never-smokers.

CarbsAreEvil
08-23-2010, 04:14 PM
i don't make nasty comments or say rude things to people, but when i see women who are a similar size to what i used to be doing different things i wonder if that's how i used to look...i always feel bad about it afterwards, not that i think they look bad, but because i'm comparing myself to them.

i have found that i am overly protective of overweight people now. when i used to hear people making fat jokes about people my size or smaller i would join in...because i was bigger to, so it somehow justified it. now, though, i get really angry, especially when it's said by someone who's never had weight issues. i guess it's one of those, we can make fun of ourselves, but you can't make fun of us, things

occassionally i'll find myself thinking i'm the size i used to be and make a comment about being a "fat-girl at heart" around someone who didn't know me when i was bigger. i always get nasty looks when i do that...guess i need to be more aware of it.

I've noticed that too, the more I lose, the more fat jokes anger me.