Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 10:20 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more, 10-15

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi everyone! Wow, it was so great to log on this morning and see all the new posts!

Carol, I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news about the new job. I'm sure they were thrilled to have you, and very impressed with your resume. Having it closer to home, and at a better salary, too, makes it even better! I'm sorry to hear your back is flaring up again, though; sure hope you feel better soon.

Lilithu, wow, you are losing at an astonishing rate! I know you must be feeling terrific. I hope the bad weather is not getting in the way of your activity/exercise? And I agree, this program is very easy to follow and fit in with the rest of our lives, for the rest of our lives, too. Good luck on the job search!

Linda, a few sweets won't set you back, I'm sure; had to laugh about your dh being so helpful in removing the temptation! I sure know what you mean about the body reacting to it, though; just proves that you have conditioned your body to healthful foods!

JOYce, y'all have such good luck finding dresses! First one she tried on? Wow! I'm sure she's excited about the upcoming hc dance, and will have a terrific time. Glad to hear someone else can take on some of the church duties for you!

Texaslady we miss you! Post when you can. Janet, I hope the doctor's appt. went well yesterday.

Dh, Dad and I had a relaxing time at the beach. We took long walks, and went swimming even after the cold front came blasting through. But we didn't get to take out the kayak; just too stormy. Maybe we can take it to the lake later this week; it's supposed to get sunny soon. Dh and I went to a WW meeting in Corpus Christi, with my original WW leader from years ago. I lost about a pound, still under the goal limit but nowhere near that personal goal. It's only six weeks until we leave for the cruise; I think I'll start a countdown/challenge for myself. If I can only reach the "kerchunk" by then, I'll be ecstatic!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Regards,
Jan
Old 10-15-2002, 04:07 PM   #2  

just pulling up this week's thread...
Old 10-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #3  

Pulling up to the top ..
Old 10-16-2002, 01:30 PM   #4  

Hello everyone!

I have been reading your posts and I decided to write in. I post on one of the support boards, and you all sounded so nice that I had to chime in.

My name is Tonya and I am 31 years old. I live in Missouri and I am married with a 2 year old beautiful daughter. About 4 years ago I started exercising 4-5 days a week and I lost 70 pounds, I started at 267. Over the next couple of years I gained about twenty pounds back, then I got married and immediately had a baby. I didn't gain weight while I was pregnant, just after I had her. As of 4 weeks ago I rededicated myself to loosing weight. I weighed 244 pounds and I have since only lost 2 pounds, but my clothes do fit better and I feel great.

I exercise 45-50 minutes 4 days a week. I have eliminated alcohol and sodas. I drink about 90 ounces of water a day. I have not officially joined the WW group in my home, but I am really considering it. A friend of mine joined and she gave me all the information about points and how to calculate everything.

I believe based on my weight I can eat 28-31 points a day. I think when you exercise that can add to your point total but I am not quite sure. I just wanted to commend you ladies and say that you are a motivation for me. I am eating better, but it is still hard , very hard.

Could some of you share how many points you were allowed when you were 225 + and did you exercise at all before you saw weight loss results.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2002, 02:58 PM   #5  

Hi Tonya! So glad you joined in! Kudos to you on starting that great exercise program; that can do wonders for you both physically and mentally. And way to go on the two pounds lost!

Re: your points range, the journal lists it as 26-31; that's the points range I used when I started WW at 244. (Isn't that a coincidence?) Be sure not to go under your minimum, because eating too little will slow your metabolism.

You do get extra points for exercising, too. There's a slider that calculates it, but roughly, 20 minutes of moderate exercise (like fast walking) would earn you a point. I try to walk at least two miles a day, in the early morning before work. About 3 times a week, I lift hand weights. I was a very slow loser most of the time, but that was mainly when I was not strictly journaling and watching my points; when I followed the program exactly, I almost always lost that week. (I reached my WW goal 7/2001, and have maintained it since, but I am trying to lose about ten pounds more to reach a personal goal.)

I think the program is terrific; it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet (heaven knows I've tried lots of those through the years!). It just takes patience and perseverance, but it is SO worth it! Best of luck to you on your journey!

Regards,
Jan
Old 10-16-2002, 04:46 PM   #6  
Inchworm

Smile PATIENCE AND PERSEVERANCE!

...THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES, RIGHT ON AS USUAL JANET!
Oops, didn't mean to yell, but hten some things are worth yelling about!
Welcome Tonya glad to have you on board. sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Maybe I am too patient and don't persevere enough. I'm in the same point range as you are,Tonya, which gives us plenty to eat! So nice that we can make so many choices. Get it done while you are young, when you get older, it only gets more difficult.
You probably already know, from reading our thread, that I am a grandma in California. We have a 17 yr old granddaughter (dgd) that lives with us, she is a senior in High school. I'm retired from teaching, my husband is an Aerospace engineer. We have 4 children, 10 grands and 4 great grands. Weight loss is a constant challenge for me. These ladies on this thread are so very encouraging. You have found a good place for support. Stay with it!!

I didn't weigh in today because we had a Fellowship luncheon after our Bible study,which is when I should have weighed in, so will check in tomorrow.[I think there is a class]. I have an appt with oral surgeon for a check up too....so have to see what fits.

I have a hard time getting things written down. I HAVE to journal!! I guess it is a 'control thing'....but who is in control. hmmmm?
My current craft classes are good for my need to not snack so much....can't be eating while cutting glass. glass shards are flying! don't want to be eating them accidentally!! so I keep a food free work area, maybe a bottle of water, so the top can be closed.
I'm really enjoying the glass classes. Can you imagine relaxing by cutting glass!! I would never have thought of that as being relaxing, well, it wasn't in the beginning! just total fear that it would break wrong...but have gotten past that.

gotta go get dgd from school!
ttyl
Old 10-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #7  

Default Welcome to Lilithu and Tonya!!

Hey girls!! I still can't post from home. I sent an email to 3FC, but haven't heard back yet.

I was so excited to log on and see that we had two new posters. I think you will both find this group to be a huge help in keeping motivated. These ladies have had huge successes and are a true inspiration to me. In addition, we have all become close friends and even had a reunion in Texas year before last. Is that right Jan...has it been almost two years ago?? Unfortunately, the reunion planned for this month had to be canceled, but we are all hoping to get together again in the future and would love it if you two could join us.

I am 48 years old and have a 19 year old daughter who is in college. I live in Mississippi and I have lost 40 pounds on WW...TWICE!! Unfortunately, I have gained it back both times, but am hopefully on my way again. For me, my downfall is when I quit journaling and get out of that "mindset." This program is really very easy to follow, and can be easily incorporated into our daily lives without making us feel deprived. Both times I have lost fairly easily. As you get advice, just remember that some things work for some people but may not work for all...you just have to find what works for you. I have found that when I vary my points, I do much better. I joined the first time with a girl who kept her points at the low end of her range and she made a point to eat everything low-fat. I varied my points, sometimes even going over slightly, and I consistently lost more than she did. There were many weeks where she did not lose at all, and she would be furious with me because she would know that I hadn't given up any of my favorite foods. Portion control was my key and of course I tried to eat healthy...plenty of fruits and veggies, but I still enjoyed my favorite foods. This time around I have been OP for two weeks and have already lost 10 pounds. I know some of that is water, but some isn't. Some people lose faster than others, so try not to compare yourself to others around you. Slow and steady is the best way, and I know my losses will slow down and that is okay. This is a lifestyle change...not a diet. Whew...sorry, I didn't mean to get so long-winded, and I am certainly not the one in this group to give advice.

Lilithu, I have to tell you that everytime I read your posts I think about Saara. She used to post with our group, was about your age, and was from Finland. I miss her so much!! She came to the United States to study in Utah, and just gradually quit posting. I wish she would start back because I think the two of you have a lot in common. I also want to say that I knew you were a writer after reading your first post...or rather, I was thinking how you should be. Your post had that special flare and I know that you will find a job soon...and your English is fantastic!!...probably better than mine since I have that "suth'n" twang and we tend to make up our own words!

Tonya, you sound like you are off to a great start. I know it's hard, but just try to make it through one day at a time. I could use some pointers from you on your exercise routine and water drinking. I have tried so hard for the last two weeks to get all my water in, but it is so difficult...and I LOVE water. I just feel saturated sometimes.

Carol, congratulations on your new job. I think that is great, and I know that you will do a great job. They are lucky to have you!!!!

Hi to Jan, JOYce, Texaslady and Linda. My doctor's appointment with the plastic surgeon went fine Monday and we are doing the surgery this coming Monday. It will be a little more involved than I thought and it sounds like I'm going to be pretty sore with a swollen eye for a couple of days. I asked him if they were going to fill in the hole with wood putty. He didn't find that very amusing, but I was cracking up!! Jan, thanks for the advice on Moh's technique. I had read about that, but the doc said that wouldn't be the best choice for my case. All I know is that I am going to have about 10 stitches, so I should look just like Frankenstein just in time for Halloween!! Of course, he had to lecture me about the sun, and I just wish I knew what I know now back when I was younger. Down here in the south, people still put so much emphasis on being tanned, and DD still wants to head to the suntan bed...and it makes me cringe. I have friends that are so into being tanned that they have bought their own beds.

I have rambled on long enough. I will try to post again soon. Y'all have a great week...and Lilithu and Tonya, keep up the good work!!!!
Old 10-16-2002, 06:38 PM   #8  
Inchworm

Default Frankenstein

Janet that is just how my sis described her scar on her neck where the biopsy was done. What further treatment will you have after your surgery? I wrote a long post a few days asking more about it, but lost it and didn't do it over again. I don't have nearly the patience that I should have!
so good to hear from you again, and hope, pray, and trust that your surgery will go well.
My dgd is very white, no tan at all, and can't get one. Young 'uns are really into that! It really disgusts her when my arms are darker than hers, even when she has been on the soccer field all weekend.
Hi to all!
must go find that WW chicken with apples recipe I saw yesterday. :yum:
Old 10-16-2002, 07:50 PM   #9  

Hi girls - I'm ba-a-a-a-ack!

Well, I have missed so much that I printed out the last few threads on my super printer at work so I could catch up on everyone.

Somone surmised correctly when they ascertained my disappearance had something to do with homecoming mums! I have just now packed everything back up and put most of it away. Just have to get the big table out of the kitchen and into the garage. I did pretty well this year - I don't think I made as many (numerically) but the ones I did were larger, and of course, cost more, so I did about the same as last year. The orders spaced themselves out better this year so I never really felt that panicky swamped feeling I get so often.

I see we have some new posters, and I want to join in the welcome, Tonya & Lillithu! This board is made up of some wonderful women, and I know you will like it here. Unfortunately, it looks like we gained and lost a couple posters in the past few weeks, also..

Joyce - I have thought of you and your sister a lot these past weeks. I see her treatment is progressing as well as can probably be expected. Are her spirits still high? And was also glad to hear that your Mom is doing well enough to stay where she is at this time. You have a full plate, that's for sure. I think cutting down on some of your outside duties is a good thing - at least for now. Tho I know it was a hard decision to make.

Jan - I certainly thought about you this past week-end - which was the original date we were supposed to try the second 3FC reunion! The weather was absolutely awesome! How nice that would have been for a forage into San Antonio. But we will do it again later - I am sure of it. Sounds like Rockport was wonderful as usual, tho sorry you couldn't go boating! Somewhere I read that your dh has lost 50 pounds now! That's wonderful! I am thrilled for him - and for you, too! Tell your sweet Dad hello for me. He's a great guy. I was thinking about your ghost town now that it's close to Halloween. You have to promise me you will take us on a tour next time we get together. I, too, am waiting for the time change. I am so tired of getting up in the dark & driving to work in the dark. Sun doesn't come out until I am at the office!

Janet - Glad to see you back posting again - although I am certainly NOT the one to throw the first stone! Sorry about the plastic surgery ordeal - I know that even though you make light of it, it has to be scary. Why can't we get through to these young people (like our daughters!) the danger of sun! I, like you, spent my childhood summers at the beach. Luckily, so far I have not had any skin problems. Keeping fingers crossed. Will be thinking about you on Monday. And huge congrats for starting back down the weight loss track!

Carol - I just KNEW that you were not happy since you moved to Florida. First I thought it was missing your family but after they moved there too, then I knew it was your job. You never mentioned it much during your postings - that was a dead giveaway! I am thrilled that you have found something else. I hope that it is what you are searching for in your profession - and the health benefits are a huge plus! Not to mention quite a salary increase! Hooray for you! Now I am hoping these next 2 weeks pass really quickly for you. Sorry about your back problems - NOT FUN, I know from experience. Did I tell you I did buy one of the Select Comfort beds?? That is absolutely the best money I have spent in a long time! It is wonderful to be able to get up in the morning and not be so sore and stiff that I can't move!

Linda - Congrats to you, too, for being back on the wagon. You are losing quickly - that's wonderful. I have been keeping tabs on your remodeling project. Sounds like it is coming along well. Glad that your husband is so handy. I know that you are an inspiration to Joyce to stay OP - well, I guess that you are probably inspirations to each other!

Lilithu - Welcome to this board! I think you are on the right track with your weight program, and your English is absolutely wonderful! Like Janet, seeing your posts, make me think about Saara too! Wonder what happened to her after she came to the States? I hope you get the kind of job you are looking for soon. I have a daughter who is just a few years older that you are. Of course, she is skinny as a stick - go figure! Sure does not have her Mama's genes, that's for sure.

Tonya - Likewise, welcome to this wonderful board! Two year olds can be so precious - and also so trying! I saw the cutest sweatshirt the other day and it said "I'm SO Two!" I laughed so hard - remembering my own little two year old who never hit the terrible twos until she was three! I admire your dedication to exercise. I wish I could make myself do a little more. I have this treadmill which just stares at me, but I can't seem to make myself get on it!!! Hopefully, you will inspire all of us to keep moving - although Jan is moving in circles all around us with her lengthy walks!

Well, I could never catch up in this one post, but I wanted to drop in and say hi again! I missed y'all (that means "you" to Lilithu - one of our "southern" words!
Old 10-17-2002, 01:25 AM   #10  

Oh, ladies; I am just smiling, smiling, smiling!!! I just finished getting caught up on everyone, and reading about our newest member, Tonya, and I feel absolutely giddy!

Tonya, welcome to the group! I am very impressed by your stringent exercise routine; like texaslady I also have a treadmill that rarely gets used. I broke my right ankle last June and stopped doing much exercising because of that, and haven't gotten back into the groove yet. I usually think about walking when it is late at night, a time I am not up to walking very much, but rather, have settled in for the evening. I suppose I could write myself a reminder and tape it to my mirror; I would see that every morning. Hmmm. That is an idea! Anyway, as JOYce said, you are wise to be conquering your weight issues at this young age, and I agree wholeheartedly with her that as we "mature," our metabolism slows a great deal. Keep up the good work -- two pounds is a wonderful start.

texaslady, I am so glad that your "mum time" is over, so you can get back to normalcy...and I'm happy for you that you made the same amount on the mums as you did last year, even though you made fewer this time. How I wish I could sit at your kitchen table with you and watch you put one together! Thanks for mentioning our remodeling project; just today, dh finished nailing all of the wood onto the ceiling. What a huge job, working over his head and having to go up and down the ladder so many times. Tomorrow we'll go get some wallboard and he'll finish up the walls, then he'll take the baseboards out.

Janet, what good and solid advice you gave to both Tonya and Lilithu. It did me some good to read it, too. Blessings to you on your upcoming doctor's appointment on Monday, have courage and be strong. I will be thinking about you, and praying that it will go smoothly and quickly. And I didn't realize that you have lost all of ten pounds during the past two weeks of being back OP! That is just super! This program really works if we allow it to, doesn't it! Keep it up, you can do this!

Jan, I know that you will be able to get down to your personal goal--you are so good about journalling and walking, as well as finding and making interesting meals that are within your range. I will be looking forward to that post when you announce that you are all the way down to where you want to be. You have a lot of perseverence, and you will be successful at this, too.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:30 AM   #11  

How nice to see that everytime I visit this thread it is filled with stories.
I'm still having difficulties to put the right stories with the right names, but I'm getting there. So if I forget someone, I'm sorry about that, it's like being the new kid on the block, trying to remember faces and names and stories and experiences. But it's fun, and I love to read and hear all about you.

First of all I would love to welcome Tonya to the group. My fellow-newbie I hope you will find lots of support on these boards, and trust me, these ladies are wonderful and very supportive.. Have fun!

I must say I'm really stunned when I read how many pounds you've all lost. My god, it's such a motivation to stay OP, you wouldn't believe it! I couldn't help but noticing that you all talk about your points range... Here in Belgium it doesn't seem to work like that. There is no range, I have to eat 26 points each day, and that's it. When you weigh more than 100 kilo's (right now I weigh 104, that's about 228 pounds) you have 26 points, when you go under 100 kilo's it's 24 points, etc..

I just can't wait to see 99 on my scales! I've read about the 'onederland'-thing with the pounds, when you use kilo's it's all about the 2 digits.

I don't know if you remember why I started ww. I went to the doctor's and I had to stand on the scales for the first time in a couple of years. So after a long talk I decided that I had to make a change, and that's where ww came in. Well, the doctor said I had to come back after a month to see if I had started my diet ( my lifestyle change if you ask me ) and that's tomorrow! So I can't wait to get on those scales and to show him that things are working out. I've lost about 7 kilo's in a month ( I believe it's 15 pounds..) and that's a lot. So I'm really thrilled about that.

Funny that I seem to remind you of that Finish girl, Saara. It's a pitty she's no longer here anymore, I would love to meet my post-a-like...

texaslady, Kudzu (what a lovely name!), and all the others that complimented me on my English: thanks a lot! I'm trying and I'm glad you're able to understand me, even when my spelling isn't all that.

Janet, thanks again for your supportive words. You seem like such a nice and positive person. The weather doesn't keep me from getting on my hometrainer and sweating out my evil vibes I have never been an example when it comes to exercising, but for the first time in my life I don't see it as a punishment. It's all part of creating a healthy and happy me..

Well, gotta go, thanks to all the others who gave me such a warm welcome, I really really appreciate that.

Take care and have a lovely day!

lilithu
Old 10-17-2002, 08:37 AM   #12  

Good Morning Ladies!

Texas Lady, Kudzu, gmalil, LindaJean, lilithu, and JanetMae

Your kind words mean a lot. I am proud of myself for exercising almost everyday. But I just cant seem to get the food under control. Like yesterday I had 38 points which is 7 points from where I should be. I eat most of my meals before 3:00, because I exercise I am so hungry in the morning and I eat 2 boiled eggs and some toast, but when you look up that is 5 points and then I usually have a big lunch which zaps about 20 points so I have no room for dinner.

I need to find some sensible things to eat that fill me up fast. Any ideas? Oh one other question I had, are fruits and vegetables 0 points? Does that mean I can have as many apples, oranges, carrots and celery as I want and dont have to factor in points? If that is true then that will help.

JanetMae it is so encouraging to find someone who started out where I am. How much have you lost and how long did it take you? Also were there times when you went over the 31 points a day? What kind of meals did you eat? I am so excited that I have you all to get ideas and advice from.

Have a great day
Old 10-17-2002, 10:41 AM   #13  

Wow, I'm with Linda, how wonderful to log on and read so many new messages! And everyone with good news, too!

Hi Tonya! Way to go on all that exercise! And I think being hungry in the morning is a good sign; that's when you need the fuel the most. Re: lower point choices, cereal or oatmeal can be very filling, and not many points. I often have Kashi "Good Friends" cereal, 1 pt, plus 1 pt for a half cup of skim milk, and 1 pt for half a banana or some berries. Very filling for 3 pts. Re: fruits and veggies, most fruits are one point, though bananas are two. Most veggies are 0 except corn, peas, onions, and carrots, which run 1-2 pts a cup. WW has a book called the "Complete Food Companion" that they sell at meetings, and it lists all the point values; if your friend can get one for you, that would probably help. Re: going over 31 pts., yes, I often did. Sometimes I'd bank points (you can save up to ten points from other days when you go under the limit) or use exercise points (about 1 for each 20 min. of moderate exercise). And sometimes I'd just go over, but would try to compensate for it later. It took me over 2 years to lose 101 pounds. I lost a few before joining WW; my highest wt was 256. Re: meals, I cook lots of chicken, fish, and shrimp, lots of steamed veggies, baked potatoes (a bargain at 3 pts!) and salads. Fresh fruit for snacks (I just finished an apple) because it's not good to get too hungry. Reduced-calorie bread is 2 slices for one pt., and 2% cheese is 1 pt per slice, so grilled cheese sandwiches (Pam or butter spray) make a good lunch. Also, low fat soups are very filling. Hope that helps!

Texaslady, I could just picture you surrounded by mums, ribbons, charms and bells! So glad that it all went so well again this year. And I agree, the time change will be very welcome! Maybe it won't be so hard to get up for my walks; I enjoy them, but have never been a morning person! I thought about y'all last weekend; I know it will work out one of these days, and I'd surely love to give everyone a tour of our ghost town!

Janet, you're right, it will be two years this March. Way too long! I think you are right on target re: not giving up the foods you love. That just makes us crave them more, and maybe sets us up for a binge. Exactly why diets don't work, but lifestyle changes do! I am so happy for you, losing ten pounds! That is so terrific; I know you must feel absolutely wonderful. I had to laugh at your putty joke; can't imagine why the doctor didn't! Some of them have no sense of humor, I guess!

Lilithu, your doctor is going to be SO impressed tomorrow! You have done so well, and all your exercising means you're not only losing weight, you're gaining muscle. When I read about how many calories muscle burns, even when we're resting, it makes me want to pick up a barbell! I wish I knew what my body fat percentage was back when I started, and now; maybe some day I'll find a place to get that measured. I know I need to build more muscle.

Linda, thanks so much for your encouragement! Y'all are so patient with me; here everyone is losing weight, and I keep saying "I wanna ..." but staying the same. The fact that you haven't lost faith in me really keeps me going! Glad to hear the remodeling is progressing so well; I'm sure your dh is glad to have the ceiling part done.

JOYce, that's such a great idea, choosing a hobby that precludes any eating! I'm sure your stained glass creations are gorgeous! What are you working on now? Way to go on finding an alternate meeting to go to when you had to miss yours. Hope you enjoy it; I really like listening to different leaders, they all have something new to say that makes me think.

Hi Carol! Congrats again on the new job! Let us know how things are going!

Speaking of new stuff, has anyone read/heard anything about how breathing deeply helps us lose weight? I'm reading a book right now .. can't think of the title, but will post it later... and the emphasis is on deep breathing exercises. Lots of scientific info about how we deprive ourselves of oxygen, use only the upper part of our lungs, and this really slows down weight loss. I think I'll try some of the exercises for a while and see if it helps!

Gotta run; hope everyone has a great Thursday! Just one more day until the weekend ...

Regards,
Jan
Old 10-17-2002, 07:58 PM   #14  

Good evening from Florida, ladies! We are finally having some cooler weather- it was absolutely spectacular today. We have been in the 90's still every day up until now, and that's a little more than I'd like for mid-October. This is one season when I will miss Maryland- allbeit briefly! The lovely leaves and fall flowers there are breathtaking. However, they are short lived and followed quickly by bare branches, dead grass, ice and the dreaded "s" word!!! I am looking forward to my first Florida winter!
Texaslady, it always amazes me how well you "read" me! You always hit the nail right on the head when I leave things unsaid. Thanks for the good wishes- I am really looking forward to the new job. My current office manager is going out of her way to be hateful since I announced my leaving, even though the day I told her she was smiling and supportive. Oh, to not have such a strong work ethic so I could have left without the proper 2 week notice! Glad your mums went well this year. You should explain what they are for our new members, Tonya and Lilithu.
Lilithu, I also find that you remind me of our missing Saara from Finland! She used to tell us many interesting stories about her country and its customs- I hope you will do the same. It sounds as if you are doing really well on your weight loss program! Hang in there and keep up the good work!
Tonya, a belated welcome to our group! We love meeting new people! I am in awe of you for your exercise routine!!! I am not physically able to do much exercise, but I almost consider that I blessing because I absolutely HATE to do it anyway! Don't get discouraged with the points- it takes a while to settle in to a comfortable routine. Some people find it helpful to arrange their point day differently. As long as it's a 24 hour period, it doesn't matter when it starts. If you find your largest meal is at dinner, start your day's count then, and divide what's left between breakfast and dinner. Do you have a Trader Joe's in your area? They are a wonderful source of low price WW friendly, low ppoint foods and snacks! I don't have one where I live now, and boy do I miss it!!!
Jan, congrats to both you and dh on your weight loss! I really need to get back on track- send me some will power, will you? I didn't realize that in all dh has dropped 50 pounds!
Janet, I'm so sorry you're going to have to go through the plastic surgery! I know it's really stressful for you, even though you make light of it! You are in my prayers and thoughts.
Joyce, first of all, congrats on your weight loss! You are going great guns again!! Also, dear friend- I keep asking you how your other health issues are doing these days- and you nver answer!! I hope you are taking good care of yourself!
Linda, make Joyce take care of herself, will you? How is your remodelling project coming along?

I took the time to go out and buy myself some new clothes. My new job will require me to wear street clothes ("casual business") rather than a uniform, so I had to make some purchases! Other than my uniforms I pretty much live in shorts, very casual pants and inexpensive casual tops.The days or times I am working with patients I will wear a lab coat. It will be fun to "dress up" somewhat, but also will bring forth the dreaded "what shall I wear today?" conflict. I tried to buy pants, tops, jackets and one skirt that could mix and match, and that would also go with the few semi- dressy things I do have already. I figured that way I could get a variety of outfits for less money. Had to put them on a credit card, which I hated to do, but they were necessary. I had to buy a size larger in some things than last year thanks to the almost 10 pounds I've regained , but it's still 5 sizes smaller than I used to wear. Gotta get back on track!

Did I forget to say hi to anybody? If so, I apologize! Gotta run and get back to studying my flu clinic manual. I hope everyone has a good weekend coming up.
Carol
Old 10-18-2002, 01:52 PM   #15  

Hello everybody!

Well I worked out again this morning that makes 5 days this week. I am really happy about that, now if I can just get the points under control. I am already at 31 points and it is just 1:00pm. Well I guess I will just eat fruit and vegetables for the rest of the day and drink plenty of water.

How is everyone else doing? I think I am really getting into the swing of things now. I am surprised that I lost 2 pounds the first week of this program because I was still eating horribly.

I am sure that I was consuming about 3500-4000 calories a day. And I didn't understand why I was so big, when I didn't eat a lot it is just what I ate. I would go to the grocery store and get a big salad for lunch, but then I would drown it in 6 or 7 packages of french dressing. Each of those packets had about 14 grams of fat, so I am sure I was eating a 2000 calorie salad in one meal. And breakfast was cereal which sounds healthy but I pour about 1/2 cup of sugar on it. I kid you not I measured it one day and it was 1/2 cup!! So I guess I am doing really well considering where I came from. Thank God I exercised because I probably would weigh well over 400 pounds! Well enough of me ranting.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Closed Thread