Old 08-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Chicken and Guac Tostadas- Awesome!

I made these Chicken and Guacamole Totadas for dinner Wednesday night and had leftovers for lunch yesterday. SO GOOD! I saw this recipe on Cooking Light last month and couldn't wait until I had the time to make it. I wanted to share it because it was so delicious and easy because you use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. My changes are in purple and also, I only made half the recipe (2 servings) because it was just for me.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tostadas)
Ingredients
1 ripe peeled avocado
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeņo pepper
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (I just used regular paprika.)
8 (6-inch) corn tostada shells (I couldn't find these so I used white corn tortillas and baked them. They have so many fewer calories than the ones called for, so it was actually to my advantage. Lol)

Preparation
1. Place avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic.

2. Combine remaining 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeņo; toss well.

3. Combine chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine. Spread about 1 tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell; top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and about 2 tablespoons salsa.

Nutritional Information
Calories:
(I counted mine as 345 even though I used tortillas that were lower in calories- I didn't look up the values until after I ate them. Haha!)
leannerenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious. I'm going to try it this weekend using whole wheat tortillas.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Sounds yummy, thanks for sharing.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote