100 lb. Club - Things I'm Looking Forward to Once I've Lost the Weight!

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Things I'm Looking Forward To:

Being able to cross my legs without one of them falling asleep.
Having my jeans wear out somewhere other than the inner thighs.
Going to the club and feeling like people are staring and LIKING it!
Not feeling like I have to buy the whole damned bolt of fabric when sewing for myself.
Not feeling suspicious when a guy hits on me.
When someone at karaoke says, "Oh my god, you should try out for American Idol!" and I say "Naw, I'm not what they're looking for; my voice is too Disney," actually MEANING my voice is too Disney, and not "my butt is too wide."
Having extra space in airplane seats.
Bike seats not killing my butt.
Riding in Tour De Cure with my dad.
Being a success story.
Wearing a bathing suit that doesn't have an attached skirt.
Shopping outside the plus size section.
Being able to get to the third floor at Ryland's without huffing and puffing.
Meme getting off my back about my weight.
Not worrying about fitting in amusement park rides.
Not getting incredulous looks when I say I have a partner.
Not spending a fortune and a lifetime finding PRETTY BRAS AND UNDERWEAR!!!!!!
VICTORIA'S. FREAKING. SECRET.
Sorry for TMI, but having panty liners fit panties properly.
No more heartburn.
No more snoring? Maybe? I hope?
Not losing empire waists in the valley between my boobs and my belly fat.
Not being scared of cameras.
Taking photos in other poses besides from above, from the side.
Sneakers lasting longer.
Feeling good in the dressing room.
Wearing knee high boots again!
Having more energy.
Being more than the fat, funny friend.
Not getting sweaty in stupid places.
Not taking an eon to shave my massive legs.
Fitting into the clothes in a bin under my bed that I miss and love.
Not having dimply CALVES for crying out loud!
Having a SINGULAR CHIN.
Not needing an underwire, sports, AND shelf bra every time I go jogging!!!!!
Not needing bike shorts under dresses to avoid heat rash.

Need I continue? I can keep going ALL DAY.

Every time I feel the need to binge, I'm coming back to this thread and reading all the awesome things I'm working towards!!!!!!!

Anyone else have things for which they are dreaming of the day?

Add the things YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR!!!!!!!!! And then come here and read them when you're feeling weak.

"I could have this brownie..... Oooooor I could have a swimsuit without a freaking SKIRT!"

WOOT!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add: I looked and didn't see a thread like this, but if it's a duplicate, feel free to delete, Mods. I'm a newbie! *ducks*

classybroad
08-19-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm new too, so apologies if this is a dup, but fun thread...

1. Not touching other people's thighs on the bus
2. Being able to buy jeans/bottoms at normal stores
3. Shining with confidence
4. Not having my weight be an issue that holds me back
5. Not being out of breath when I walk upstairs
6. Wearing high heels [more] comfortably
7. Being proud of myself, for sticking to it. =)

roxxie rocket
08-19-2010, 02:31 AM
OMGoodness ... I love it!!!!

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 02:43 AM
"7. Being proud of myself, for sticking to it. =)"

SO MUCH THIS!!!!

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 03:01 AM
I thought of some more!

Being able to buy a pattern in size A!!!

BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS!

Ciao
08-19-2010, 04:23 AM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1-1.jpg

I love this! :lol:
I remember one year I had
these jeans that had holes
in the inner theighs and thinking,
"Wow. Just wow."

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1.jpg

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Ugh, my jeans ALWAYS get holes in the inner thighs. Unless I spend a ton of money on really expensive ones, they ALWAYS wear through there. I can't wait to have a space between my thighs. I haven't had one since I was a little kid...

Matilda08
08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
1. shopping
2. shopping
3. shopping LOL I have plenty others but shopping is one thing I have doing while being fat.

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
God, I know exactly what you mean! I get so I don't want to spend my hard earned money on clothes for myself when I look dumpy in them, so I spend it on something else..... like dinner. *facepalm*

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I got another couple:

I want to go on a hike up this certain mountain. I did it a few years ago, just barely. I want to actually ENJOY it this time!

Also, I can't wait to wear bikini underwear without having all sorts of rolls hanging out.

Misty23
08-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I have one.....it might not be that high up on anyone else's list but it is the only thing I really want.

1. Being able to open the door.

There's a lot behind that. I don't mean a metaphorical door or that I'm incapable of actually opening a door......but this one in particular...I can't wait for the day that I can open it.

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 03:28 PM
LOL Now you have me curious, Misty!

classybroad
08-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow. It never even crossed my mind that someday I would be able to wear a bikini.... holy moly, that thought just blew my mind! Watch out world... next summer I'll be on the beach in a BiKiNi! hahahaha

And DoV, thanks for this thread. Last night I wanted SOOO bad to go to the corner store for some chocolate, but instead I thought of my shrinking thighs instead. Went to bed with a craving, woke up with a craving -- of egg whites!!

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Here's an obvious one I forgot:

Seeing all my clothes get baggy, and having a hard time keeping my pants up!

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
YAY, BROAD!!! I'm so happy to hear that!

WriterBelle
08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
That gets a hearty "AMEN" from me! :lol:

Not worrying about fitting in amusement park rides. ~ YES! We went to Disney World last November and this was one of my worst fears. I fit in most of the rides, but there were SO many I was too afraid to try. The disappointed look on my kids faces broke my heart. :( When I get this weight off I will be back at Disney and I WILL ride everything my kids do. :D

VICTORIA'S. FREAKING. SECRET. ~ YES! And can I also add "Making love with the lights ON" to this one? ;)

SHOPPING!! I'm soooo tired of shopping from tent-size clothing catalogs. :(

DaughterOfVenus
08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
OMG I was going to write the one about having the lights on, but I wasn't sure if it was too risque. I don't know the rules here yet. But YES!

I've never not fit in a ride, but a few of them have been a tight squeeze, and I'm always waiting for that mortifying moment when I can't fit. I'm so happy to know I'll never worry about that again!

justjill124
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
#1 Keeping up with my 5 yr old at the park =)

Misty23
08-19-2010, 03:59 PM
@DoV the door thing is a very sad pathetic story

DaughterOfVenus
08-24-2010, 02:32 AM
~Taking dance lessons.
~Riding horses again!!! (I know technically I could just ride a big horse, but it wierds me out to ask a poor beast to cart this around right now.)

Kelleigh
08-24-2010, 09:29 PM
I am looking forward to:

going shopping with my normal size sisters in their normal size store and not just getting earrings, shoes or a watch because nothing else fits me

to hiking with my hubby and kids and not holding them back

to flying out to see my family and not having a panic attack over fitting in the airline seat

and, like some others have said, to crossing my legs like a lady.

starfishkitty
08-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Feeling like the smaller one when my sweetheart wraps his arms around me..... aggghh.... almost there...!

Lori Bell
08-24-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm at goal...and I remember wanting so many things when I lost weight...but you know what the most exciting thing has been for me (lately)...A mammogram. Yes, a mammogram. I used to HATE them, oh man how it hurt SO badly with my big ol fat boobs. I had one today, and although there was a little slight discomfort, what a treat it was to not be squished beyond belief. The technician also said something like..."it really is much easier taking these x-rays on someone slim and trim like you" ...WHO ME??? wow. LOVE IT!

duckyyellowfeet
08-25-2010, 12:01 AM
I can't wait to meet someone new and have them not believe that I was ever as heavy as I was.

I can't wait to go to a doctor's office and not have to hope that no one mentions that I've gained more wight. ****, I just want to not have every medical issue linked to my weight for once.

I can't wait to shop alongside all of my friends...and then borrow their clothes!

DaughterOfVenus
08-25-2010, 12:24 AM
"I can't wait to meet someone new and have them not believe that I was ever as heavy as I was."

SO MUCH THIS!!!

Purrceyz
08-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Riding horses is a good one, I'm going to do that after I reach my goal weight...I really like the idea of positive goals and activities to enjoy. I haven't been on a horse for almost 40 years and I'd love to do it again (and take my dd who has never been on a horse).

I'd also like to go swimming (I'm too self conscious currently to wear a bathing suit & I haven't gone swimming for about 20 yrs, when my kids were small.)

I've kept a list of reasons why I want to lose weight (I've lost 44 lbs from my heaviest but have 101 to go). Not having to worry about fitting into amusement parks is on my list...

other items on my list have been,
- to weigh less than my DH
-to get out of plus sizes & buy cute clothes
- to be able to get in & out of bathtubs easily (can do this now)
- to fit easily into airplane, train, movie theatre & subway seats without overlapping into my neighbour's space
- to have a bust line bigger than my tummy (have this now)
- to no longer be the fattest person in the room
- amusement parks rides are on my list too (I'm going to on on Thurs, I've always managed to squeeze in (just) but it would be wonderful to not worry about it)
- to have a lower sleep apnea pressure (my apnea is severe so I'll probably always need it)
- to no longer get winded on stairs (this has happened)
- to not worry about breaking a chair or getting stuck
- to wear narrower shoes (I'm a D currently, my sister says this will happen with weight loss)
- to no longer have the most prominent feature of my face be my enormous thick neck

lolcat
08-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Goodness, there are so many great ones already on here!
Some additional things I'm looking forward to:
Not being the biggest one in the group
Not feeling my gross belly in the way of everything
Being willing to be photographed
Actually wanting to go out and do things with people
Not being depressed when I have to buy clothes
Shorts!!!
Bathing suits
Fitted tops
No more tugging at my top (Noticing I do less already!!!)
Less frequent potty breaks cuz my poor bladder is small from all the fat crushing it (This is getting better already too!!)

There are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

THANK YOU, DaughterOfVenus, this thread is a great idea!

RobinD
08-25-2010, 03:33 AM
to flying out to see my family and not having a panic attack over fitting in the airline seat

I just had a flashback to last January. If my DH wasn't such a slender guy I would have been even more miserable than I was. That was one sucky experience.

One of mine: Not having people wonder what a slender, handsome guy like my DH is doing with me.

Eliana
08-25-2010, 09:04 AM
- to wear narrower shoes (I'm a D currently, my sister says this will happen with weight loss)

Probably. ;) I gained from a size AAAA to almost a medium and now I'm back down to a AAA. So yes, my foot has widened and narrowed with gains and losses. Sadly, I liked the almost medium. :rofl: I could actually wear shoes that didn't cost an arm and a leg.