General chatter - Alaskan Cruise?

View Full Version : Alaskan Cruise?

Karen925
08-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Howdy,
DH&I will be married 30 yrs next June and we want to take an Alaskan Cruise. We are looking at the Coral Princess Mini suite class. Does anyone have any experience with this cruise line or destination? Experiences on other cruise lines are also welcomed. Of course, I plan on my weight allowing the upward swing that comes from the dining otpions:-)
Thanks,
Karen

bacilli
08-19-2010, 05:58 AM
I've never been on a cruise, but I did spend a few weeks bopping around Alaska with DH. It's absolutely beautiful, one of the best vacations I've ever taken.

AbbySinthe
08-19-2010, 07:36 AM
2 years ago me & hubs took a 1 week Alaskan cruise on Celebrity Cruises Infinity ship. It was beyond gorgeous. The scenery (I'll never forget those mountains & waterfalls), the glacier! (you could hear the ice cracking), the towns we stopped in, the cruise itself. Best trip we've ever taken. So relaxing and wonderful, I wish we had the money to go back. We didn't do any of the extra ($$$) tours they offer because we hope to go back some day. But I wanted to see the dog sledding camps & would have loved to do a hiking trip. I'd definitely recommend seeing Alaska. It really is just incredible.

Karen925
08-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Decided on the Coral Princess Cruise with stays at lodges in Alaska. Open didng. I will need to have a 7 # cushion going into the trip.