Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Ugh for the love of food (rant)

so its been 2 mths and 18 days since ive started calorie counting. Ive lost 22 pounds and im getting frustrated. When i first started i did really good. I did 1200 cals a day and worked out 5 days a week so i was losing like a pound a day. It was crazy. Now i cant seem to get back to the gym. Im always tired. UGHHHHHH i dunno what to do. I tried sbd and lost 3 pounds but only lasted a week i was constipated and couldnt eat anymore chicken. which a lot of the time is all i eat anyways. and fish but fresh fish isnt cheap. help! i need some encouraging words or a success story or advice i dunno
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/160

Height: 5'4

When you exercise more, you need to eat more. You're probably tired all the time because you're not getting enough calories. Also, if you're not sleeping enough exercising 5 days a week and the stress of every day life will cause your body to release cortisol, a stress hormone that tells your body to store more fat.

The important thing is your calorie deficit; The difference between your calories in and your calories out.

I know it's difficult and it's been one of my biggest struggles, but you've got to make sure you get enough sleep, and eat enough calories to fuel your body.

In the past I've lost 80lbs and it was mostly due to exercise. I believe that I gained weight because I stopped exercising. Of course count your calorie intake, but try not to obsess too much about 1200 calories.

Sorry if I'm just saying things everyone already knows.
berr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #3  

lol its ok. Any advice helps. im just blah i guess. I wish it wasnt such hard work lol
Old 08-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #4  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

If you are tired all the time it's because your body isn't getting enough fuel to keep going. When you've got a good balance you'll probably feel better, have more energy and still lose weight. Bump up the calories by a couple hundred and see if it helps... I eat 1200-1500 a day. I started closer (a month ago) to 1200 b/c I was afraid if I had too many "high days" I wouldn't lose weight, but now i've found i can eat 1500 every day and still lose weight.

If you are constipated and you know you get enough fiber, you can try oils or fats.... A tablespoon of olive oil (count those calories, too!) every morning can really help lubricate things and move them along. You can also use coconut oil or any other healthy oil (sunflower oil, etc). Eating enough oils/fat is part of a healthy diet and you DO need them to keep running smoothly. Fat is so important, but it's often the first thing people chuck out the window when dieting.... even though in healthy amounts, it helps your digestive system(including your gall bladder/liver) run smoothly, keeps your hair and nails healthy, keeps your brain and eyes working properly. your body needs fat for all those things. Just don't eat too much of it. But I've found I get constipated when I forget to use oils in my meals, too.

Last edited by cb1; 08-18-2010 at 04:49 PM.
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #5  

I am very active - busy job, on my feet all day, plus I work out 3 or 4 days a week and I can barely do 1400 calories a day. I find 1500-1600 much easier and I still lose a pound or 2 a week. I refuse to starve or even be hungry.
mylifeswork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/254/190

Height: 5'9

Hey there Breannaj1215, I understand what you are going through now, I have done calorie counting all the times that I was trying to lose weight. Well in march I reached my highest weight of all time, 290. So I figured that I have did it before with calorie counting I would start all over again. Well since then I am down to 255 and was working out everyday like you and I haven't been in the gym in a month. So I am back on this site and trying again because I need the emotional part of the dieting, someone to talk to about all the struggles that we have. So after not being in the gym for a month, I am going to get back on and try again but maybe not five days a week, maybe four days and then one day during the weekend. When I am on this calorie counting, I eat like I would normally just limited amount, I found out the hard way that you cant cut out something for good. well I am going to be on this site more often so maybe we could keep in touch and talk our way though this struggle. I know what I said probably didnt work, I was just rambling on like I always do. Ohh btw my name is judee and i'm 25 nice to talk with everyone.

SW290/CW255/ Goal W 190 Just keep on keeping on...
ajs29255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #7  

hi, anytime ud like to talk