Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Is Anyone else Getting Tired...

Of this diet?
I'm pretty optimistic, and I haven't lost at the regular 2-3# per week rate (I take a medicine that interferes with my metabolism, so this is no shock to me), but as I get into week 18, I'm getting tired of the diet. I wanted to be to Phase 2 by now. (OK, here comes the real whining...) I have 8# left to go. When I get to 3# I will go to Phase 2, and I'm not sure I can hold on. Every day is harder. I'm losing about a pound a week, sometimes 2 after TOM. I read these forums and I am awed by all of you and I want to keep going because I want to be successful too. I really want to make it to that "Life after phase 1" forum.

I guess I'm done whining. Sorry for the pity party. I have no excuse. I'm slightly embarassed.
Midwifemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwifemom View Post
Of this diet?
I'm pretty optimistic, and I haven't lost at the regular 2-3# per week rate (I take a medicine that interferes with my metabolism, so this is no shock to me), but as I get into week 18, I'm getting tired of the diet. I wanted to be to Phase 2 by now. (OK, here comes the real whining...) I have 8# left to go. When I get to 3# I will go to Phase 2, and I'm not sure I can hold on. Every day is harder. I'm losing about a pound a week, sometimes 2 after TOM. I read these forums and I am awed by all of you and I want to keep going because I want to be successful too. I really want to make it to that "Life after phase 1" forum.

I guess I'm done whining. Sorry for the pity party. I have no excuse. I'm slightly embarassed.
Don't be embarassed! I think we've probably all felt like this at some point during our weight loss journey. Some people are lucky and don't have to "work" at either losing weight or maintaining a healthy figure. Others have to battle hard for every pound lost and to stay motivated.

When I feel tired and the thought of quitting creeps in, I remember how I felt that day earlier this year when I attempted to try on all the summer clothes that had fit me so well the year before and I couldn't even get them on! I literally bawled for 10 minutes and was so disgusted with myself. Not once since I started IP have I felt that way and I never want to feel that way again. Before IP I was going to have to replace my whole summer wardrobe...41 lbs lighter and I'm in the same boat but I'll be shopping for a smaller size!!

Hang in there...you've accomplished so much and should be very proud of yourself! The sun really will come out tomorrow!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I'm tired of it and I'm so close as well. I just keep going forward, a pound at a time. I'm trying new recipes this week to switch it up and trying to keep a positive mindset. The weeks will fly by before you know it!
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #4  

Thank you both for your kind support! I'm going to start fresh in the morning, it's a new day.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #5  
Dave - The Speedo King

Yes, after a while it really wears on you. After giving it a lot of thought, I've come to the conclusion that an "unbalanced" diet takes an immense psychological toll. Phase 1 is so restrictive that after many weeks I found myself bored with the routine of it, even though I've done a really good job staying creative and trying new things. Even though I don't crave foods that aren't part of the protocol anymore, there's still the part of me that's looking forward to eating a healthier diet with more variety. For example, I don't really want a sandwich on white bread, but I am looking forward to eating an apple.

You're so close. Hang in there a little longer and you'll get there.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwifemom View Post
I read these forums and I am awed by all of you and I want to keep going because I want to be successful too. I really want to make it to that "Life after phase 1" forum.

Midwifemom
The truth is we all grow weary of the diet and you were expressing your honest feelings. If I feel like this I 1) read the forum looking at progress photos or posts that get me enthused 2) change up what I am eating by promising during the week to try at least 2 new recipes-check out the recipe thread 3) make sure I am drinking plenty of water. Somewhere I heard that it takes 4 molecules of water to process 1 molecule of fat and 4) I try cut the negative chatter-to do this, think of what you would say to a friend if they were in your position. Create this dialog, do the positive self talk and 5) do something kind for yourself- quiet time to rest/meditate, giving yourself a facial or using a footbath to be kind to your feet-

Let us know how you are doing. We're all in this together.
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

To be honest I was sick and tired of it and for most of July was only following IP some days. I was lucky that I was able to maintain and not gain until Friday when I went to see my coach I was up 3 pounds. She said she did not want me to waste money and to think back what made me want to lose weight in the first place. Needless to say I started back 100% on Friday and I am loving it again. I am even enjoying the IP food I despised before.
Vicjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

YES! I am in 8 months now and, at the rate I am losing, I think another 3 months to go. I am really only about 1.5 pounds a week right now if I am lucky and so many things can make that 1.5 show or not show on the scale on a given day. :P

It is tedious at this point. I am trying to make it more fun by being more creative. It is helping some. I just keep pushing forward to finish off a great year of total weight loss and enjoy holidays in phase 4.

Trust me! We ALL whine at some point!

Dave is right. I don't care for the junk anymore. I can go out and have a dessert menu or pasta menu staring at me and think "na! I want somthing else!" I want healthy choices too. I miss fruit, yogurt, sprouted seed bread (french meadows health seed is my FAVORITE!), quinoa, barley, wild rice, and beans! Gosh, I have craved lentils and beans since week 3! So, I have many healthy options I want. BF likes to tease me with offering goodies and desserts he knows I have never been able to pass up before. Now, it doesn't even get an emotional rise. I'm just not interested.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

I to am getting really tired of this but when I even think about going to phase 2 I get scared I am afraid that I will not do good. I do watch the life after phase 1 thread and those ladies give me lots of hope. My DH has done wonderful in maintence he did not even gain a pound like they said we would.
hunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #10  

You all are so fabulous!! I can't even explain how much better I feel! I woke up and decided to get that good energy back and start fresh and really try to renew with myself all the resons why I am doing this and why it is important to be successful, etc, but then I got to this afternoon and I read all of your posts and I feel even better knowing that I am not alone and that I can jump right back in and keep it going. I had my WI today and stayed the same (after 48oz water, breakfast, wearing jeans and WI in the middle of the afternoon instead of morning) so I didn't feel too bad about that. On my scale I was down 1.5# again this week, so we'll see next week when my WI is at the usual 1st thing in the morning time.
Thanks again!!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #11  

Way to Go Midwifemom! We had faith and confidence in you and you found out that you have faith and confidence in yourself For you to have had that much water, breakfast, wearing jeans and a late day WI, staying the same is a win because you know that in the am you would have had a loss. Here's to positive energy, renewal and a good WI for next week!
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #12  
tab

wow! thanks everybody... knowing how everyone else feels, makes me feel better & that Im not alone!!!! I am so happy that I found this site! Im sure that I would not have made it pass day one..... (Im only on day 3) lol...
tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
YES! I am in 8 months now and, at the rate I am losing, I think another 3 months to go. I am really only about 1.5 pounds a week right now if I am lucky and so many things can make that 1.5 show or not show on the scale on a given day. :P

It is tedious at this point. I am trying to make it more fun by being more creative. It is helping some. I just keep pushing forward to finish off a great year of total weight loss and enjoy holidays in phase 4.

Trust me! We ALL whine at some point!
I truely understand where you are. I am 6 months in and also have been losing only 1 to 1.5# each week for several weeks. My I really wanted to lose another 15# before I'm done. My coach recommended for a few weeks I go to phase 2 to change up my routine and get my body to react differently. She said this usually helped.
yinyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Lightbulb

I get frustrated too, but then I look at the total inches lost and this makes me smile. The scale #'s not the only thing you are losing! I have lost more inches than pounds and am feeling great! I am gaining new and healthy eating habits and a healthier attitude towards life. Enjoy the little things, it makes it much easier!
karleem is offline   Reply With Quote