20-Somethings BL Corner - ~~~In-Between Challenges Chat~~~

View Full Version : ~~~In-Between Challenges Chat~~~

KimL1214
08-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone! Just a little Chat thread to keep everyone OP while we're waiting for the next challenge to start! How is everyone doing???

If you have not signed up for the challenge yet, please click here... (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/209603-next-challenge-sign-up.html)

Haley8203
08-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Great idea Kim! hey i noticed you're from VT too!

i've been doing well this week (i know it's only tuesday afternoon lol) but that's more than i can say about the last 3 weeks. once school starts in a week and a half i think it will help because there's a gym on campus that i can use between classes. and i'm excited for this challenge!

southernbelle102
08-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for starting this thread! I am excited for this new challenge!! I am doing well this week. My weigh loss has stayed pretty steady! Can't wait to rock it BL style .. haha!:D

jenn33082
08-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Things are going well here! I have not participated in a BL challenge yet so I'm excited.

Everlasting
08-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey thanks for the invite. :) Doing well here. School starts in a week and my half marathon is in 2 weeks so I've been training, training, training this summer! Got a sore hip from my last run which was Saturday night so I've been taking it easy for a couple days. Feeling much better today though so I'm gonna go for a medium length run tomorrow hopefully.

KimL1214
08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Everlasting~ What are you going to school for? I went for my teaching certification and am just waiting to find an actual teaching job before I go for my Masters. A half marathon!!! WOW!!!

jenn33082~ WELCOME! I love TBL Challenges as they really help me feel accountable to someone other then myself! Are you on any specific kind of diet or calorie counting system or do you have your own kind of plan?

southernbelle102~ Good to hear your weight loss is still going along well! What is one big thing that has helped you stay OP?

haleygirl82~ I really miss having a free gym just a short walk away, so definitely use it while you can!!! Do you have some workouts planned for when you can start getting into the gym regularly?

My niece is down for the week which has thrown me off a little bit as I have had to come up with last minute dinners for her on a very limited budget. I've also been pretty down the last couple of days, but I think it might be due to my lack of exercise, SO, I need to get my butt moving!!!

JessicaRT
08-17-2010, 03:05 PM
woohoo i'm so excited for this to start. It will be my first group weight loss challenge ever!

Brown
08-17-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm excited to start (and complete!) this one. :) Still gonna lose what I can in the meanwhile. I guess it wouldn't be too shameful to not do so well during the challenge simply because I'm close to goal. :p

Haley8203
08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
KimL1214-i'm planning on walking on the treadmill or elliptical 3 times a week and also taking part in the group cardio classes once they post the schedule and i find out if it fits in with my classes.

jenn33082
08-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Kim - I do pretty hardcore South Beach. I have found that this is what works for me. I've tried calorie counting in the past, but its not something that I can do long term. I also do 2 Jazzercise classes each week. The classes are 60 minutes. I would do more but every hour that I'm there is an hour that I am away from my baby boy.

southernbelle102
08-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I am so excited to be in this challenge with all of you... you seem really motivated!!

Everelasting - a half marathon!!! That is amazing:cheer:

Kim - I have been sticking to calorie counting but making sure I give myself tons of variety. I try to listen to my body and if I get hungry more than normal, I try to deduce what it could be. I find that if I am craving carbs, i let myself eat as many as I want within my calorie limit. Once my body gets tired of that and I feel like I am not satiated as much as I could be, I switch back to lots of protein and fiber. I just try to be really strict with calories but not strict at all on types of foods. This is working really well and keep me on track. :D

Can't wait to start on Sunday!! When will we find out what teams we are on and what they will be called? Yay!:carrot:

Matilda08
08-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Hello all!

Im doing ok this week also Im trying to push my way into the 220s this week today I WI at 233.0

bbg200
08-17-2010, 09:53 PM
hey everyone, im doing really bad this week .. nans rememberance was today :( only been gone a month.. and have a wedding on the weekend so more food and naughtys.. was really good last week tho :)

KimL1214
08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
bbg200~ Sorry to hear about your nan :hug: Have fun at the wedding this weekend!

Matilda08~ You're so close to the 220s!!! Definitely something you can bust into before or during the challenge!

southernbelle102~ Sounds like a great plan! Reminds me a lot of weight watchers, just tracking calories instead of points. We actually will not be starting until August 29, as the sign up will not end until the 25th, so teams will not be announced until in-between those 2 dates.

jenn33082~ Jazzercise is one class that isn't offered around here that I wish was. Is it really intense cardio wise, or something that is easy for people to slip into and challenge themselves with?

haleygirl82~ Taking cardio classes is something that I LOVED in college because it really helped me feel accountable when I knew other people were expecting to see me. Are you eating on campus or making your own meals? I know eating on campus can be really challenging which is why I was curious.

Brown~ Make some other goals to reach during the challenge, maybe some exercise goals or mini NSVs. I bet you're super excited to be so close to your weight goal!

JessicaRT~ I love these challenges as they really help me keep OP, plus if I fall off plan, I know there are people who will understand and help me get back with it.

I normally drink a ton of water every day, but have been super lazy about getting it in today, and my body is letting me know how upset it is about it. Not feeling the greatest, so I will have to make sure I stay on top of it tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!!!

raznt
08-18-2010, 12:01 AM
hello everyone!!! this will be my first BL challenge...i'm super excited because i absolutely loved the show and i've never really been involved in any type of challenge and it's good to have others that are excited about the samethings...i'm going to continue my WL plan in the mean time...especially since i have my bestfriends wedding coming up in january that i will be a bridesmaid in so definitely have to be ready. :)

Haley8203
08-18-2010, 07:26 AM
KimL1214-I live off campus in an apartment with my daughter so i'll be packing my lunch or coming home for lunch. I'm gonna keep the lunch i've been bringing to work because it seems to work out for me. Last semester I had a friend that came to all the cardio classes with me (3 a week) so I'm hoping they fit into her schedule too :)

Brown
08-18-2010, 07:43 AM
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Brown~ Make some other goals to reach during the challenge, maybe some exercise goals or mini NSVs. I bet you're super excited to be so close to your weight goal! Well, 139 is definitely not going to be my final goal. I'm going to guess I'll end up wanting 125-130. I'll see when I get there. The 139 is my "first ultimate goal" (Heh, kind of an oxymoron) since I haven't been in the 130s since right before I started the job I quit (3 months ago), which was over 5 years ago. I actually started swimming 4x a week again (it's been years!) a couple weeks ago, and I started yoga last week. I love it. I've gone to 10 classes/hours in the past 7 days, on top of the 4 hours I've swam at the gym. :) I even got up at 5ish this morning to go to the 6 am class. I won't even WORK that early, and they pay me. :)

Everlasting
08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Kim- Going to school for a degree in environmental science/biology. :) I want to do outdoor education eventually though. :)

I did a 4.5 mile run this morning. Getting back into it after being so sore from the 14 miles the other day. I'm impressed that my body can handle this much you know, I never thought it could until I started trying.

My mice are my inspiration for the half marathon. They just run, run, run, run, run on that little wheel in their tank on the table here in front of me. Haha... okay not really my inspiration, but it amazes all of us living here. We just watch them go go go!

Props to everyone who is doing all that exercising and going to the gym. I'm motivated to run when I'm outside but come winter it's going to be a tough bet to get me in that gym. That's why I signed up for some activity classes this fall in the health department. Swimming, skating, self defense, and weight lifting. Then I'm required to go to the gym for class and will indeed do so.

jenn33082
08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Jazzercise can really be as intense as you make it. There are high and low intensity versions of the more bouncy moves. If you really throw yourself into it, you can work up quite a sweat. Some girls will even add ankle or wrist weights to up the intensity. Its a great work out and its fun.

Laureedee
08-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi guys! This will be my first BL challenge as well.

ade903
08-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone! It's been a rough couple of weeks. But with school starting and this challenge, getting back on track is one of my highest priorities!!

nicollem
08-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Looking forward to a BL challenge.
I think I've hit my first plateau :( I didn't believe in them before but despite all my hard work sticking to my plan and exercising I've been stuck between 200-201.5 for 4 weeks!! It's making me absolutely crazy, especially being soo close to Onederland!

Brown
08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Stalls are so frustrating :(

Haley8203
08-20-2010, 07:39 AM
today will be rough, it's my last day at work and my coworker is baking me a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting..i've never had that before i cant pass it up lol and i promised my daughter i'd take her for ice cream to celebrate her last day of summer camp. oh boy! oh well, i'll just have to make sure i'm completely on plan(WW) the rest of my week, i do have flex points so i'll be using some well probably all of those...

armywife88
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
This will be my first BL challenge. I'm so excited :) My son starts school on the 7th and I'm thinking of doing the C25K. I have the app on my iphone but I always try to do it in the gym and quit. This time I'm going to do it outside. Maybe I'll take the dog along... I'm also really motivated because my hubby is at training for a month so I've got literally no excuse not to stay on plan and loose some serious weight.

Brown
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I got a new yoga mat today. Yippee! I ordered one online and got it the other day. Forgot to bring it to two classes, but finally remembered it for my 2nd class today. I don't like it at all. :( So I went ahead and spent $50 for the good rubber one I like. :) I'd have preferred the thicker one, but really didn't want to spend $80 when the yoga itself is pretty expensive.

misstraveller
08-20-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm so ready for the challenge! Does anyone know who's coordinating it??

KimL1214
08-20-2010, 11:20 PM
VOTE FOR A THEME!!! CLICK ME!!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/210579-theme-fall-challenge.html)

raznt~ WELCOME!!! Do you have a goal you're going to try to reach by your friends wedding?

haleygirl82~ Sweet on living off campus! How long until school starts? I do WW also!!!

Brown~ Sounds like you have an AWESOME workout routine!!! YAY on the new yoga mat!!!

Everlasting~ 4.5 miles is AMAZING! Great job!!! Your classes sound like a really great idea!

jenn33082~ I'm checking some of the other gyms, a lil further away, but a lot more classes... I'm hoping to find Jazzercise or kickboxing!

Laureedee~ WELCOME! What changes are/ have you made to help you lose weight?

ade903~ Sorry to hear that things have been tough lately :hug: When is school starting for you?

nicollem~ Plateaus STINK!!! That close to OneDerland, UGH!!! Have you tried mixing things up to try and break through the plateau?

armywife88~ WELCOME!!! I love C25K and have done it a couple times before. Unfortunately once I get to week 5 I tend to give up... maybe you and I could find some people to do it with during the challenge?

misstraveller~ HEY!!! Long time no see!!! Bama Girl and I are talking about the challenge right now, I may be taking over, or just helping, not sure at this very moment...

Sorry I've been so MIA lately! My mom is singing the opening ceremony with her singing group for the Boston Red Sox at Fenway tomorrow, so I have been doing LOTS of running around trying to get ready for the insanely long day I will have tomorrow! Soooooo... I'm exhausted! I will check in again on Sunday and I hope to see LOTS of votes for the Theme, so I can maybe start making teams a lil early...

Haley8203
08-21-2010, 09:25 AM
KimL1214-School starts Aug 30th ugh lol

ade903
08-22-2010, 01:42 PM
School starts August 30th for me too. I'm ready for it. Need some structure, and looking forward to not working full time. Not to mention my birthday should be fun (Sept 3).
Hope all is well!!

Everlasting
08-23-2010, 09:29 AM
First day of classes. Starting fresh and early with 8:00am weight lifting and then 10:00am swimming :) We just had a brief 10 minute intro in weight lifting and didn't do anything so when she dismissed class I went and worked out in the gym for an hour. I bought a locker rental this semester. I never do that because I'm pretty cheap to want to pay $30 to rent a locker when I could just carry everything but I know it will keep me from making excuses to pop into the gym for half an hour or an hour if I know I already have my gym clothes and shoes there and ready. Not to mention I have a lot of equipment to carry with all of my classes... haha... ONWARD first day of classes!!

Laureedee
08-23-2010, 02:02 PM
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]VOTE FOR A THEME!!! CLICK ME!!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/210579-theme-fall-challenge.html)

Laureedee~ WELCOME! What changes are/ have you made to help you lose weight?

I've been at this for a few months, so I'm not really planning on making too many changes as far as the challenge goes. I'm mostly hoping it'll help keep my motivation up when it starts to fizzle. Since I started, I've lowered my calories, am eating better and I'm exercising everyday. I've lost 30lbs, so it's working for me :)

KimL1214
08-23-2010, 03:06 PM
haleygirl82, ade903~ August 30!!! Yikes!!! I go back for in-service on the 26th, and school starts Sept. 1 for us!

Everlasting~ How was your first day? Great planning with the locker!

Laureedee~ 30lbs. is AWESOME!

Thank you to everyone that volunteered to be a team leader! Team leaders are set right now, so there is no need for anymore volunteers. HOWEVER! I have asked each team leader to find a back up person to help them out if something comes up and they can not post results on time, so if you are still interested in helping out, please look for that request once the challenge begins!

It's rainy and icky here today, apparently will be for the next few days as well, so I should have plenty of time to get myself organized before having to head back to school.

oodlesofnoodles
08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
First day of classes. Starting fresh and early with 8:00am weight lifting and then 10:00am swimming :) We just had a brief 10 minute intro in weight lifting and didn't do anything so when she dismissed class I went and worked out in the gym for an hour. I bought a locker rental this semester. I never do that because I'm pretty cheap to want to pay $30 to rent a locker when I could just carry everything but I know it will keep me from making excuses to pop into the gym for half an hour or an hour if I know I already have my gym clothes and shoes there and ready. Not to mention I have a lot of equipment to carry with all of my classes... haha... ONWARD first day of classes!!

I know all classes are diff but what is weight lifting like? Is it really jock-y? I wanted to take it, but I was afraid it was going to be all jocks pumping iron and nobody really teaching me how to build strength (since I don't know how). I started school today too btw! I'm taking a physical fitness class, I'm excited! It's going to be cardio, strength, and flexibility all in one class. Weee!

I'm really excited for the BL challenge. I can't wait for it to start. I need to get my butt in gear.

misstraveller
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
OMG, I am insanely jealous that you get to take a weightlifting class! I miss college.... :(

I took yoga and that was surprisingly good, I think that was because of the great instructor we had though. I loved that we could take exercise classes and get credit! Those were the days....

How's everyone doing? Ready for the challenge to begin? I am! :) Hope the weather cools down a little bit so we can all get out and get moving.

RedskinVixen
08-24-2010, 05:00 PM
hey all!! i'm pretty new here....and this is my first BL challenge. i'm pretty excited!

abluvion
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi! I am glad I decided to check in on 3FC this evening, I came by in time to sign up for the challenge! I've been off the site for a bit now.. Had some life turmoil and wasn't in the headspace to keep posting here. However despite emotional stress and lots of uncertainty I managed to lose a few lbs in the meantime (only about 4lb but hey, I'll take it!).

Ready to get down and dirty with weight loss again... This challenge will be particularly, well, challenging because my birthday occurs right after the start, and that means fancy dinner. But the bf says he has something active planned for the daytime so it might balance out. Also in Sept I am going to Boston for a week to be with my bf while his mom gets a lung removed. And we all know how hard it is to eat well while traveling.

Sooooo anyhow HI! I look forward to getting to know you guys :)

Everlasting
08-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey hope everyone is still staying on plan! The challenge starts in a few days!

Maybe I broke out of my 2 week long plateau; I finally saw a 175 on the scale yesterday, however now TOM started and I feel so gross. I hate that... being on plan and feeling gross anyway. I need to push through this week and continue my exercises and healthy eating even though my body feels unhappy.

Whoo! 3 days! Get ready for some BL madness!