South Beach Diet - SB Supercharged book?

View Full Version : SB Supercharged book?

jenn33082
08-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Has anyone read the new SB book? I read the first one when i did SB the first time back in '08 and found it greatly motivating. I've been feeling like I have been being too lax lately and decided to order the new SB book off of Amazon. Only $7! I can't imagine that there will be too many changes from the first, but it will still be that added motivation. And a refresher of what not to eat and why. (I am a big "Why?" person.)

Just wanted to see if anyone else read it and your thoughts?

museumchick
08-17-2010, 09:23 AM
I was wondering about that book myself. I keep seeing it in the bookstore I frequent, but I wasn't sure it was worth what they were charging to buy it.

So you liked it?

BritMW
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I have both books, the Supercharged book is bascially the same but is more focused on the exercise side of the diet/ lifestyle. Some of the food lists are updated ( I have those and can post if any of you'd like me to) and there are more motivational stories. Pretty much the same jist as South Beach Diet (book 1).
If it motivates you to get the Supercharged book then definitely do it! I felt the same way which is why I bought mine. :)
Good luck to you!

hippielasagna
08-18-2010, 11:39 AM
I am actually considering getting this book, too! A couple of months ago I began eating in a way semi-inspired by SBD (no processed carbs, lean meats, low-fat dairy, whole grains, etc.), although I am trying to get back on the wagon currently :/ I've read really good things about this book.

My live-in boyfriend is a type 1 diabetic, too, and this way of eating has really helped him decrease his insulin use in the past, which is an even bigger motivator.

Natasha1534
08-18-2010, 06:58 PM
I've heard A LOT of people say that this book is the better of all of them. I don't have it, but I'm considering buying it.

sarahyu
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I got my copy at a used book sale for $2. So check your used book sales maybe someone will be getting rid of a copy. I also got a copy of the cookbook for $3.