General chatter - BaSEbaLL ScRamBleD pLAYoFF rUN

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : BaSEbaLL ScRamBleD pLAYoFF rUN

EZMONEY
08-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Well looks like the fat lady has sung...when you lose by 2 touchdowns this point in the season there is no hope :no:

But like a busted sunny side up :chicken: egg there is hope :dance:

scramble it! :woohoo: throw in some cheese...bacon...onions...and wa-la....:angel: heaven :angel:

baseball is good :carrot:

Little League World Series run is happening :)

So what if my DODGERS smell a little fishy, like relatives that moved into the spare bedroom w/o you knowing :dizzy:

Lets ROCK and ROLL this through the play-offs TEAM...it is the AMERICAN GAME after all and we don't give up...EVER! :)

EZMONEY
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 8/15 :)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 125 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 125 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 111 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 127 WINS

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 65 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 131 WINS ~ 1st Place

Clydegirl
08-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Never give up until you are out of it.

BillBlueEyes
08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Is there a topic to this thread?

Slashnl
08-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Well, we squeaked one out yesterday. Our closer, Huston Street, is struggling a little bit. But he didn't get any help from our fielding... Sheesh.
Day off today.

EZMONEY
08-17-2010, 09:48 AM
At least we only lost a 3-1 lead in the 9th this time...

progress?

Clydegirl
08-17-2010, 10:09 AM
At least we only lost a 3-1 lead in the 9th this time...

progress?

Absolutely :)

Can we have your 3rd baseman? Any chance?

Slashnl
08-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Coming to see you, EZ. We can battle it out for 4th place! How exciting will that be?

BillBlueEyes
08-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Am on my way to Fenway Park to see The Nation play the L.A. Angels tonight.

Sweetcaroline - anything in particular that I should be looking for? Any messages for your friend, Leo Epstein? (Just in case he calls me up to his box for advice.)

We'll have Dustin Pedroia back on second base. Hope that gives us an edge. My take is that the Angels can wake up and play good ball at any time. Despite that concern, wouldn't mind sweeping the series (not to offend anybody on this thread, LOL).

EZMONEY
08-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Pretty sure no one is gonna wake up from LA this year Bill...enjoy the game.

Not too fun so far is it Diane....dang

Sweetcaroline
08-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Am on my way to Fenway Park to see The Nation play the L.A. Angels tonight.

Sweetcaroline - anything in particular that I should be looking for? Any messages for your friend, Leo Epstein? (Just in case he calls me up to his box for advice.)

We'll have Dustin Pedroia back on second base. Hope that gives us an edge. My take is that the Angels can wake up and play good ball at any time. Despite that concern, wouldn't mind sweeping the series (not to offend anybody on this thread, LOL).

Nice night for a game BILL... nice weather, Pedroia homecoming and that blast Kalish just hit for a GS wasn't bad either... Tell 'Leo' we could still use some middle relief, and I don't mean Rolaids... Just you being at the game will turn this season around... :D... I' keep Gary updated on his Angels

Hope we all enjoy our games :corn:

Clydegirl
08-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh brother lost to the Brewers.

We are in dire need for a 3rd baseman. A proper 3rd baseman. Not one playing out of position there. Lopez 2 errors tonight giving up unearned runs. Aaggghhhh.

BillBlueEyes
08-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Boom Boom Boom

:angel:

Sweetcaroline
08-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Boom Boom Boom

Now that was a beautiful thing !
Can we get you to a few more games this week ??
Heck, can you go to the rest of our games ?
I only wish the Yanks or Tampa lost...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Slashnl
08-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Ugh. What a nasty game.

But..... who cares?

Ok, I still do, but it's getting tougher to stay with it!

Shannon in ATL
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Had tickets to the game this past Sunday but didn't go - was supposed to rain and didn't think our 5 year old would be up for that. Instead of rain it was sunny and a great game. Sadness.

We've been pulling a decent number of late in game scoring runs this week. I like it.

Lost Chipper to knee surgery, though... Not good.

Sweetcaroline
08-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Enjoy what you can guys :corn:

Clydegirl
08-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Well we went on a tear in Cincinnatti and swept them.

Now we can't win against the teams we should beat.

EZMONEY
08-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Poor Chipper....

some of you in red are going to have to pick up the pace real soon...

some of us in blue will just remain blue

BillBlueEyes
08-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Boom Boom Boom

:angel: :angel:

Clydegirl
08-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh brother.

Cardinals acquired Pedro Feliz from the Astros today, a 3rd baseman. We needed a 3rd baseman but he has been awful this year.

Roger Clemens indicted for lying to Congress.

BillBlueEyes
08-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Ouch Ouch Ouch

:devil:

Slashnl
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Sigh. Brad Hawpe was released. I liked him, but I understand why they had to do it.
And, we lose again.

Clydegirl
08-20-2010, 06:25 PM
OK we are going to the game tonight.

San Francisco in town. Need to start winning.

EZMONEY
08-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Is it over yet?

Sure loving the Little League games....good stuff

Luddy
08-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Garcia is looking amazing today!

Tough week...you know it's bad when our play-by-play guy gets arrested for suspicion of a DUI.

Rooting hard for the Dodgers today!

EZMONEY
08-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Results Through 8/22 :)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 130 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 133 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 116 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 133 WINS

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 71 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 144 WINS ~ 1st Place

Clydegirl
08-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Garcia great game today. Ccomplete game shut-out.

Took 2 of 3 from the Giants.

Luddy did you see his mug-shot? He looked pretty bad.

And Lou Pinella is done. He looked done sitting in that dug-out. That was his last game with the Cubbies.

Slashnl
08-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, we were able to manage ONE win against the DBacks. Now we're off to Atlanta. Scary.

Clydegirl
08-23-2010, 02:34 PM
We have 3 at Pittsburgh. These are games we have to win.

Kyle Lohse going tonight. If he doesn't pitch well they cannot let him have another start.

EZMONEY
08-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Johnny Damon to the NATION

Where will MANNY go this week?....Yankees??

BillBlueEyes
08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Johnny Damon is thinking about The Nation. He gets to make the choice. Maybe by Wednesday we'll know.

Manny??? Why not the Mets?

EZMONEY
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I like the idea of a team taking a chance on MANNY...He is over in LA but I will never forget the energy he brought....he would be a great fit for someone!

he is not having a bad year considering the injuries....

not sure why his POP is gone...lol

Luddy
08-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Clydegirl-I just sought out the mugshot now that you mentioned it and...just...not good. He was back broadcasting tonight and it seemed kind of off & weird at times.

But yay beating the Pirates with our #5 guy. They need to sweep this series.

And yay the Reds are losing to San Fran. Even if the Giants lose, it'll help us in the wild card so win/win this series! (As long as the Cardinals win)

EZMONEY
08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Johnny said no NATION...

maybe he knows MANNY is on his way

BillBlueEyes
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Johnny said no NATION...

Should I laugh or should I cry?

maybe he knows MANNY is on his way

<see response above>

EZMONEY
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
killin' me Bill

Clydegirl
08-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Jose Oquendo are you kidding me?

He holds up the tying run at 3rd base. Winn would have scored. You have to be aggressive. Every game counts now.

Luddy
08-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Jose Oquendo are you kidding me?

He holds up the tying run at 3rd base. Winn would have scored. You have to be aggressive. Every game counts now.

Pretending this didn't happen is working well for me. :dz:

At least the Phillies lost and the Reds are getting kicked again.

EZMONEY
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
MANNY has been placed on waivers....should sail on through the National League....NATION...do you want him back?....word says White Sox which I think is a great opportunity for both!

BillBlueEyes
08-25-2010, 09:38 PM
MANNY has been placed on waivers....should sail on through the National League....NATION...do you want him back?

Of course I'll have to consult with Sweetcaroline and her man Theo Epstein, but off hand I'd say when **** freezes over.

EZMONEY
08-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Now now BILL...it's just MANNY being MANNY

Clydegirl
08-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Of course I'll have to consult with Sweetcaroline and her man Theo Epstein, but off hand I'd say when **** freezes over.

I saw the Eagles at Busch Stadium in June :D

Clydegirl
08-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm speechless lose 2 to the Pirates.

Why can't we win against teams with losing records?

Slashnl
08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
We're trying to catch up to you Clyde. 3 games won against the Braves. That's the way we like it! It gives me a little hope....

Clydegirl
08-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Diane I don't think you will have any problem catching us. We are just not playing good baseball at the moment.

Lost last night to the Nationals in extra innings. Had the lead in the 9th and then Franklin gave up a 2 run bomb to tie it.

Albert hit his 400th home run last night, congrats to him.

Holliday hit by pitch on his hand came out of the game. Albert twisted his ankle. No word yet on whether either of them will miss any playing time.

Not much time left to catch up to the Reds. Methinks our only hope is the wildcard. The fat lady has not sung quite yet but it's getting close.

Clydegirl
08-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John surgery. That's a huge blow for the Nationals.

He will probably miss the entire 2011 season.

Clydegirl
08-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Where is everyone?

I feel like I'm all alone on here.

Caroline is having problems getting logged on. She told me to say hi.

EZMONEY
08-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Well it looks like MANNY to the White Sox....we shall see...just like I had hoped!

DIANE we are going up against each other...ho-hum

Clydegirl
08-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Well it looks like MANNY to the White Sox....we shall see...just like I had hoped!

DIANE we are going up against each other...ho-hum

Is that it?

Is that all you have to say?

;)

EZMONEY
08-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Is that it?

Is that all you have to say?

;)

ummm...congrats on your win tonight?....;)

EZMONEY
08-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Looks like the boys decided to start teasing me again....

EZMONEY
08-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Tough break for Strasburg...works out to about 3 million per win (5) if he doesn't come back from it....success is a mixed bag of results after Tommy John....good kid, I know he will work hard to get back.

Luddy
08-29-2010, 04:22 AM
It's almost easy sometimes to forget what an absolute once in a lifetime player Albert Pujols is but the past month has really made me appreciate him even more. I know it'll most likely, probably work out but I think his contract negotiation is going to be an extremely stressful time if they don't have a good end to the season.

But, oh man...this team, I don't get it. They're either the absolute best or the absolute worst.

They're gambling every time Lohse goes out there. He should have been out of there before Dunn's 3-run blast.

We had the Padres on Fox today...made me really miss Ludwick. :cry:

I'm by no means as depressed as this post sounds, I promise, they can totally still make it to the playoffs but losing 2 to the Pirates and Nationals in the past week is a serious bummer.

EZMONEY
08-29-2010, 08:38 AM
I knew that 4 game win streak was too good to be true....dang....

Watch the Little League game today for some real baseball, TEAM!

Clydegirl
08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Luddy that should be Lohse's start. He has already been replaced by Suppan for his next start. I would be happy if they let him go just eat up the money.

We need to get rid of McDougal. Jason Motte is coming back from the DL. Penny still on the DL. What a bust that was. Send Craig down and bring up Stavinoha.

Albert's contract is looming large. We need a proper 2nd baseman. What will LaRussa do. His post game last night was very uncomfortable.

Still a few games left can we get the wild card? Will the Reds continue to dominate? The series against them next weekend will be huge.

Clydegirl
08-29-2010, 06:28 PM
The way they are playing this team will not make the playoffs.

Go Padres or Braves. Would be nice to see Bobby Cox winning, his last season.

Sweetcaroline
08-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi... Finally........

Howdy everyone... Geez... I've been trying to get in here for at least a week... I guess I was a victim of browser issues...

Sox are 'iffy' tonight in Tampa but so far, so good, ... its on ESPN... my favorite guys...

Later ~

EZMONEY
08-29-2010, 11:26 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 8/29 :)

(I will add tonights Boston game later)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 137 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 139 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 120 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 141 WINS

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 74 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 149 WINS ~ 1st Place

EZMONEY
08-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Good Bye MANNY...it was a wild ride!

EZMONEY
08-29-2010, 11:28 PM
HUGS TO HAVING SWEET-C BACK!

Clydegirl
08-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Caroline you're back :)

Clydegirl
08-29-2010, 11:59 PM
I think Tony LaRussa is losing his mind.

BillBlueEyes
08-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Yay for Internet connection for Sweetcaroline - good to have you back. The Nation is getting a little desperate here.

WILD RIDE indeed, Gary - methinks that Manny should play 3 months for each team then move on. The whole world was in awe of his first 3 months as a Dodger - that was truly amazing.

[By the by, what happened to all the Manny Bobble Head Dolls?]

Slashnl
08-30-2010, 11:50 AM
What a funny ending to Manny's career at the Dodgers. I guess he wanted to be done playing that day. We'll see how he does at his new home.

EZMONEY
08-30-2010, 09:00 PM

They are on the shelf...right next to Jim Bouton's Ball Four and Barry Bonds last homerun ball .....

Clydegirl
08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
It just gets worse :(

Slashnl
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Clyde, the local weather guy on the radio is a Cards fan. He was all perky this morning about how great the weather is and how wonderful it is to live here, etc. Then someone brought up the Cards and he said, "Well, that ruins my Tuesday." Poor guy.

Sweetcaroline
08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Diane, now you have a Manny of your own... Manny Delcarmen... hope he fits well into your bullpen, he was superb in other years for us... Young kid... Just having a bad 'year'...

I agree, we could spread Manny R. around... I'm sure he'd love it...

We are in Baltimore... you'd think we could take a few... but I'm not saying a word... we are already down by one in the first...

Sweetcaroline
08-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you all for the sweet welcome back...:goodvibes

Enjoy your games... please...please.... :corn:

EZMONEY
08-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Manny is gone and we still have baseball...go figure...

Clydegirl
08-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Luddy are you there?

I can't bear to watch this team right now. Awful, just awful.

Still can't beat the Astros.

I don't think LaRussa will be back after this season ends.

Also Pujol's contract is looming.

Reds coming to town this weekend and we have tickets to 2 games.

Luddy
09-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Unbelievable. :( It's like an actual nightmare that they can't get out of.

I'll never stop watching or rooting but it's like a zombie version of our team. And it has me very worried for the future.

*Go Padres*

Sweetcaroline
09-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Yay for Internet connection for Sweetcaroline - good to have you back. The Nation is getting a little desperate here.

WILD RIDE indeed, Gary - methinks that Manny should play 3 months for each team then move on. The whole world was in awe of his first 3 months as a Dodger - that was truly amazing.

I think that's a wrap Bill, Mr. Toad's wild ride is closed for the 2010 season.... When we can't step up and beat the Orioles with Beckett on the mound... we are in trouble... ....:cry:

Slashnl
09-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Could the Rockies be any more flat than they were last night? Sigh. They win enough to keep me hopeful, just so they can break my heart. It's a conspiracy!!

We'll have to see how our new Manny works out for us. Just glad it isn't THE Manny.

Clydegirl
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
So Manny can't speak english all of a sudden? I was listening to ESPN radio today and they were talking about him.

Why are the White Sox putting up with his shenanigans?

Day game and we scored in the first inning :0

New month Luddy. Let's get some wins and think about the wild card.

Luddy
09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
:dz:

Alright, it's a good thing there's a concert on Friday I've been looking forward to for months to get my mind off of the Cardinals or I'd be one bummed chick.

But hey, off day tomorrow and then the Reds who are above .500! The Cards should actually show up...maybe? :dunno:

Clydegirl
09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Well after we score in the first the bats give up. Swept again by the Astros :(

Diane we are tied with you in the wild card four and a half games back.

This team does not have a good vibe about it just now.

EZMONEY
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry we were not able to help you out much with those phillies BIG BIRD(S)

Sweetcaroline
09-01-2010, 10:38 PM
stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky....stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky....stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky.... stinky.... stinky... stinky....
.................................................. ............................................
Will Manny cut off his 'locks' in Boston...tomorrow or Friday.
Okay, so this is the big sports question in Boston sports right now,
well, for some of us.. :?:

It's going to be a long month for most/some of us I guess...... :( :(

CLYDEGIRL what the heck is going on out there ? Yikes ! gotta get it back girl... It will be a winning weekend for you, I can feel it....

US Open anyone.........?

Clydegirl
09-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Caroline, my friend, I think the fat lady has sung.

It's going to be a long month you are right and we still have 4 games to go to.

I just want a win, one win. Then we can build on the momentum.

I think there will be lots of changes next year.

Luddy
09-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Tonight, 2 guys at work told me what an epic mistake it was to trade Ludwick. I was like, YEAH...THANKS...I KNOW.

BillBlueEyes
09-02-2010, 06:14 AM
The Nation beat Baltimore last night - only by getting two home runs in the seventh!! Cheers to Sweetcaroline for staying up late to make that happen.

However, we're not really thinking of post season. The only questions are:
1) How will Manny wear his hair this weekend in Boston?
2) Will Manny learn (rather, re-learn) to speak English?

Slashnl
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Lost to the Giants. That didn't help. They come back to Denver for tonight's make-up game with the Phillies, then back out to California for a series with the Padres. Oh boy.

Did I hear right about a pitcher that the Reds (I think) just brought up, who is pitching 104, 105 mph? Wow.

Clyde, sorry you have to be tied with us! I just don't think it is going to happen for us. They could still turn it around and hit a winning streak, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Clydegirl
09-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Diane our last series is against you guys here at Busch. Remember how that worked out last time you played us.

Chapman is the new guy on the Reds playing out of the bullpen. He has a nasty fastball, 103mph I think.

Day off today and that's it until they clock out.

Clydegirl
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
The Reds are in town. We are going to the game tonight and tomorrow.

Should be interesting after the last time we played them.

Could we play like a team that wants to win, please.

Want to see some fireworks tonight.

Luddy
09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
So, I'm DVRing the game and plan on watching it when I get home late tonight. Masochist much?

Should be an interesting one. Excited for the fans reaction to B Phillips.

BillBlueEyes
09-03-2010, 04:52 PM
So, the Chicago White Sox arrive at Fenway Park in Boston with Manny Ramirez and Hurricane Earl. Rain has just started.

Earl being Earl?

EZMONEY
09-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Hope my friends in NATIONLAND area stay dry....

Clydegirl
09-04-2010, 02:04 AM
That was a good game tonight.

Lots of boos to Phillips.

Won 3-2. We have done well against the Reds this year. Pity we can't do it against other teams.

Luddy
09-04-2010, 04:57 AM
That was a good game tonight.

Lots of boos to Phillips.

Won 3-2. We have done well against the Reds this year. Pity we can't do it against other teams.

Holy junk, I was proud of Cardinal Nation tonight! That was some epic booing. And throwing his fouls back...PRICELESS. :lol:

Trying not to get hopes up too high since they should have added on but this was some good comfort home cooking tonight. Or something...it's almost 3am, done rambling now.

EZMONEY
09-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Mixed emotions here...I always love it when we beat the giants more than any other team...but...

losing to them would keep putting nails in the kidnappers padre coffin....

and he is bring my daughter to the bbq today....

I coulda had more fun with that one if only we had lost last night...

did I really just say that?....if only we had lost....

see what baseball can do to ya...first we lose Manny ...

now my mind....

Clydegirl
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Going to the game today. It's Photo Op day, love it. The fans around the warning track and the players all walk around for photos. It's always a fun time.

There was a good atmosphere last night although the fan who threw the ball back was removed from the stadium.

I imagine Phillips will be booed the entire weekend. Cueto did not come with the team for the series. Probably just as well after putting our back up catcher on the DL for the remainder of the season.

Wonder if we will see Chapman pitch today?

Gary I had to re-read you post about the Padres /Giants. Baseball is a funny game sometimes. I'm rooting for the Brewers to beat the Phillies so as we can make up some games in the wild card.

What's happening with the Padres they are playing like the Cards on that last road trip? Can they hold on for the division title?

Let's have some good baseball today. The weather is gorgeous.

Sweetcaroline
09-04-2010, 05:48 PM
So, the Chicago White Sox arrive at Fenway Park in Boston with Manny Ramirez and Hurricane Earl. Rain has just started.

Earl being Earl?
Earl being Earl... lol...
Manny still has not cut his hair... Is he going to auction it off like Damon did.. that would be cool...

Gosh... We were lucky and Earl was bust... You guys know I love a good 'storm' of any kind, but we were listening to 'it' for a week..

The fat lady has sung, did you hear her :listen: ?

We are playing a DH, so she'll probably comeback tonight for the curtain call.......

waaaaa I'm so depressed... :kickcan:

I've decided that they should trade J.D Drew and secure Beltre at any cost... but that's the off season thread...... and outfield vs. infield.. JD's just driving me crazy right now...

CLYDE... please don't get into the middle of a brawl out there on the field.. Be safe...

BillBlueEyes
09-04-2010, 06:08 PM
La La, La la la la, La La, la la la

Clydegirl
09-04-2010, 09:16 PM
CLYDE... please don't get into the middle of a brawl out there on the field.. Be safe... [/COLOR]

What, me brawl never.

We got there really early and the queue's around the stadium were huge. But we got in and secured a good place, just one row of people in front of me. Some of these people get mean trying to get the photos. Took a lot of photos. Some of these players are drop dead gorgeous when you see them close up :D

I will try and post some some pictures but I'm not very good at that sort of stuff.

Those of you on Facebook who know me will probably have a better shot at seeing the photos. You know who you are ;)

Too bad the players didn't show up to play baseball. We did see Chapman pitch out of the bullpen. Fast stuff.

Oh well here's hoping we can get the rubber game tomorrow. Why do they call it the rubbber game? Anyone know?

I think Wainwright is just dog tired. He took another loss today. He's thrown a lot of innings this year.

Later.

Luddy
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Some of these players are drop dead gorgeous when you see them close up :D

That's so exciting you got to do that! And I AGREE. Too bad non of em have hair at the moment. lol

I will try and post some some pictures but I'm not very good at that sort of stuff.

Yes please! Or maybe link me somewhere? I would love to see them!

Sweetcaroline
09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Well we hit double digits today, no, not the weather, we are officially 10 games back, and it feels awful... :(
But we'll get over it, right BILL ... and who knows what our record will look like at the end of month... maybe not quite as bad, I'd be happy with 4 or 5 games back, just something bout those double digits....

Hope the scores are going your way today :corn:

EZMONEY
09-05-2010, 08:28 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 9/5 :)

I am giving my DODGERS a loss for tonights game...odds are I will not be changing that :(

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 145 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 143 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 125 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 150 WINS

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 76 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 155 WINS ~ 1st Place

EZMONEY
09-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Well that is 10 losses in a row for my son in laws Padres...I am so sad...lol X a bazillion...

my son text me...is it sick to root for the giants tonight!...we hate the giants most but never-never want our padre friends and family to win either!

BIG BIRD.....I could use more "friends"...;)

DIANE...well...are they gonna make their run of 17 in a row now and make it interesting?

Be good TEAM

Clydegirl
09-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Diane I like the fact that you are getting hot. The Reds are headed your way for 4 games.

We are 12 and 6 against them this year. You guys can do it.

Carp won today, looked good out there.

Boy what is going on with the Padres?

Clydegirl
09-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Luddy have you been reading about the carry-on between LaRussa and Rasmus?

Now Albert has given his opinion.

If things are as bad as they say I think we will have a new center fielder next year or John Jay can move to center.

Luddy
09-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Luddy have you been reading about the carry-on between LaRussa and Rasmus?

Now Albert has given his opinion.

If things are as bad as they say I think we will have a new center fielder next year or John Jay can move to center.

I've heard rumblings. Even though I'm still watching the games every day, it's a whole 'nother story with reading articles and such. Where can I read what Albert said?

UGH, could you imagine if we had blocked Edmonds from going over to the Reds now? He could be really useful. Not only in the field, but as a veteran to help Colby out.

I like Colby and I really like the player he could become but what are the personal issues he's had to deal with (mainly last year) that they keep referencing that have hampered his play?

EZMONEY
09-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Well we lost...mixed emotions....

it is so nice to shut up all my friends and extended family padre fans...

but sucks-sucks to lose to the giants....

giants and pads now1 game apart and we go into San Diego today...then the giants head there for next week-end....pressure on the padres....we will find out if they are the real deal......

Clydegirl
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Luddy here is an article from today's paper.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/article_b7249ce9-ca7f-582b-9cb9-a72ee0cad1c5.html

This is the one from Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AozfhTuc5vaoCnKO7QT5TqwRvLYF?slug=jp-rasmuspujols090510

Luddy
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Clydegirl-Ugh. Reading this kind of stuff about the Cardinals stresses me out. I can't imagine the stress Colby's had the past two seasons but I don't think there's any way for us to know how bad it actually is with all these conflicting statements. It sounds like the freaking media is making this worse than it needs to be right now. Having Albert say that stuff about you is not good though. It sounds like the trade request was just in the heat of the moment...

See, lol, now I'm speculating more than I should be when the game is still on. 2-2 top of the 7th. C'mon offense!

Sweetcaroline
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
OK Cards... you are really CUTE CUTE CUTE... now dig in get another win for Clydegirl.

See, all you National League folks have to think about the games now, who to root for, checking stats ...etc... While Bill and I sit around and relax, maybe watch a game, eh' or not...

I am however, hoping maybe the Sox will have some kind of a 'spoiler' part in all of this....... any part will do.....

Luddy
09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Yadi!!! Grand Slam!!! Oh this makes my heart happy to see that bench happy.

8-2 Redbirds now in the bottom of the 8th.

Looks like Corey Hart gave Yadi a pat on the back for the gs when he came up to bat, lol. That was nice, considering the game's not over.

Clydegirl
09-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Now we just need to get through the bottom of the 9th.

Luddy I think we all need a group hug. They will be ok.

I have my pictures on my facebook page. PM me if you want to see them.

Caroline :)

Let's go Rockies.

Luddy
09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
A win is a win is a win but...oy vey.

Go Rockies!

Clydegirl
09-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Ryan Franklin always makes me nervous.

BUT that's a win. 8-6.

Luddy
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Clydegirl, your pictures are so much fun! I would have been the biggest fangirl ever if I got to attend that.

In other news, not looking forward to a Lohse start tonight. :dz: Let's go OFFENSE.

Slashnl
09-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok, dropped off the face of the planet for awhile. I'm back. I would love to see the Rockies get on a roll. I hate to talk about it though. Might jinx it.

EZMONEY
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
And of course it was my guys that stopped the kidnapper's padres losing streak at 10...

leaving us at .500 on the year....

and they wonder why I am blue....

Clydegirl
09-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Congrats to Trevor Hoffman getting his 600th save.

Just wish it hadn't been against us.

Slashnl
09-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Rockies are working hard to beat those Reds. So far, it's been good! 2 more games with them.

Clydegirl
09-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Diane I'm really torn here. Do I want the Rockies to beat the Reds for our wild card hopes or the Reds to beat the Rockies for the division?

Bob Davidson got the cycle last night. He threw out a manager, a coach, a player and a fan. Unbelievable.

I'm going to say beat those Reds. Sorry I can't root for them.

Luddy
09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I vote beat the Reds too! And if Brandon Phillips could be the last out again when ya'll sweep them, that'd be great thanks, lol.

Albert home run! C'mon Garcia. C'mon Rockies.

So annoyed, they won't be on at work when I get back. GameDay it is then.

Clydegirl
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
What's that noise?

The fat lady singing?

EZMONEY
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I wonder if my guys can win tonight...they have taken the last 2 days off....

oh...they suited up...

Luddy
09-08-2010, 10:48 PM
So annoyed, they won't be on at work when I get back. GameDay it is then.

Not so annoyed that I can't watch it anymore. :dz:

Slashnl
09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Going for the sweep today. I'll be spending some time checking on the score on the computer. Should be able to change the radio station to the game, but can you believe there are some here that don't enjoy sports?? Sigh.

Clydegirl
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Diane how about that? Stealing home to win the game.

Clydegirl
09-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Good win tonight for the Redbirds.

Slashnl
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Diane how about that? Stealing home to win the game.

Wasn't that crazy? Funny stuff. I didn't get to see it live, but I heard that the pitcher's wind up was so slow and took so long that he had a good chance.

Clydegirl
09-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Why o why?

Just when I think it's over you give me a wee bit of hope.

From here on out it's not over until we are mathematically out of it :)

Luddy
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Why o why?

Just when I think it's over you give me a wee bit of hope.

From here on out it's not over until we are mathematically out of it :)

I like the attitude.

We could possibly only be 4 games out by the end of the night! :crossed:

Pirates better be ready to play spoiler. :devil:

Clydegirl
09-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Ugh, ugh, ugh.

What a horrible 6th inning.

We needed to win that one with Carp pitching.

EZMONEY
09-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Finally a win...and it only took 11 innings

BillBlueEyes
09-11-2010, 09:31 AM
The Nation is ready for the Magic Number countdown to formally eliminate our torture. Was a good year for the Red Sox - but certainly not a championship one. We'll come back in full force next year.

Good luck to you guys still contending.

EZMONEY
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM
BILL MUCHO respect to you for your 5 years!!!

It should be a NATIONal Holiday...well....it kind of is in some ways now....

You have been blessed young man.....

Clydegirl
09-11-2010, 09:40 PM
We're done. There are quite a few good teams ahead of us. It would be a miracle if we made this up.

I hope we can enjoy the remaining games and some players can get good numbers.

EZMONEY
09-11-2010, 11:07 PM
We're done. There are quite a few good teams ahead of us. It would be a miracle if we made this up.

I hope we can enjoy the remaining games and some players can get good numbers.

LOL....haven't we all said that now!!!

but I was first :carrot:.......:(

BillBlueEyes
09-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Gary - Appreciate the warm words for my five years from a guy whose been on his journey for longer. And doubly appreciate being called blessed. But, as a softee for the easy flattery, I just relish being called young, LOL.

Sweetcaroline
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
The Nation is ready for the Magic Number countdown to formally eliminate our torture. Was a good year for the Red Sox - but certainly not a championship one. We'll come back in full force next year.

Good luck to you guys still contending.

And the magic number is .... 2011 ! :D

I've crawled out of my fetal position and I'm ready to cheer for the rest of you... Good luck everyone...

Sox will be amazing next year with everyone healthy !

Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

Congrats on five years Bill :D

EZMONEY
09-12-2010, 09:03 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 9/12 :)

Will add the Cards/Braves game later

We have a new leader TEAM

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 150 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 149 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 128 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 162 WINS 1st Place

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 79 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 161 WINS

EZMONEY
09-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Boy is DIANE coming on strong! How do those Rockies put those win streaks together every year at the end...much rather them than my son in law and everyone else around here Padres or the most ever hated by me and my Dodger fans giants.....

Clydegirl
09-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Well the Cubs are in town for 3 games.

Wonder if we can beat them this time around?

EZMONEY
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
I saw the Cubs will be in NATION next year...first time in almost 100 years.....

Clydegirl
09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
I was hoping we would play the Red Sox next year but no :(

Slashnl
09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I've been out of town for a few days. Boy, the Rockies had a great streak, but now we've lost 2. We still have a chance, but need to beat the Padres today for sure.

Just barely hanging on!!!!!!!!

Clydegirl
09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Diane I think I'm going to become a Rockies fan until the end of the season.

EZMONEY
09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Diane I think I'm going to become a Rockies fan until the end of the season.

ME TOO :)

Clydegirl
09-17-2010, 12:27 AM
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is your 2010 St. Louis Cardinals.

Win tonight against the Padres 4-0. Swept by the Cubs previous 3 games.

We beat the winning teams and lose against the "losing teams".

Giants have a chance to go into first place tonight in the West. Gary it's up to you.

BillBlueEyes
09-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Giants have a chance to go into first place tonight in the West. Gary it's up to you.And so it happened. Perhaps Gary was asleep.

It's interesting to watch you guys with your dogs still in the fight. A lesser man would be discouraged with his beloved Red Sox Nation 6 1/2 games out of first place, but I choose to take solace that we're only 6 games out of the Wild Card race.

Clydegirl
09-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I know the feeling we are only 7 games out in the wild card race!

So going to the game tonight against the Padres. We are playing spoiler at the moment, affecting the teams that are in the race. Of course that's if we win.

It's going to be a gorgeous night to watch a game. Should be fun to see Luddy back at Busch Stadium.

Kyle Lohse pitching tonight. He's just not that good. We shall see stranger things have happened.

Sweetcaroline
09-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Howdy folks... :D

I now know why the Sox were losing so many games..... The CITGO sign at Fenway was not lit up ! It's been 'dark' since July... They shut it off for a 'makeover'....... Are you kidding me ? They are throwing the switch on the new one tonight..... Now we can make a run for the playoffs...:wizard: I know, I know....

We've blamed the Mayor of Boston for losing the Super Bowl (he started planning the parade b4 the game)... why not blame the dark CITGO sign for the Sox losing :dizzy:

Kinda happy the Rays are leading Yanks in the division.
whoa... Rockies !

Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

EZMONEY
09-17-2010, 08:05 PM
YIPEE! Yes we did knock those Padres out of first place!

EDIT ~ With the help of BIG BIRD and LUDDY!

My son in law didn't sleep well yesterday...

it was a good day for me...

(and yes I was fast asleep for the end of our game)

Sweetcaroline
09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow... Torre is retiring huh ? Pretty cool to say you managed the Yankees and the Dodgers...... very nice ! We don't see much of him anymore, but I always had a lot of respect for him... Still hated the Yanks of course.. :p

Clydegirl
09-18-2010, 01:14 AM
:D :D

What a good night to be at a baseball game.

Cards win 14-4. Beat those Padres.

Latos did not look good out there, pulled in the 2nd inning.

Just good to see some hustle and lots of hits.

EZMONEY
09-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I guess since we have heard the rumors for 2 years now and the fact that Mattingly is our hitting coach and we can't seem to ever HIT...the excitement of a new coach is underwhelming around here....

EZMONEY
09-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you BIRDIES for whipping those padres! giants look to lose too....

Sweetcaroline
09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Happy you saw a good game Clydegirl... !

We play Yanks and Rays a lot in the next few weeks... Hoping to improve our standings... Maybe a last minute WC bid........... {fingers crossed}. I just can't be rid of season just yet..

Enjoy the games everyone :corn:

Luddy
09-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Aww, Clydesgirl I'm glad you got to see that game! Love how Ludwick gets applause everytime he's announced (probably not so much tomorrow since his 3-run hr he just hit today).

It's been such a strange series! Before the first game, I actually found myself saying I didn't care who won (automatically felt horrible saying that but still). Then during the game, I changed my mind and was rooting hard for our team.

I'm not even mad at him for the 3-run homer. :dizzy: They needed that win (sorry Rockies and Giants fans, I have to root for Luddy + Eckstein).

As long as my OSU Cowboys keep whomping Tulsa in this fb game, it'll all be good.

EZMONEY
09-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Watched my TROJANS win #3 this year on probation...

DODGERS lose but since a lot of us are pulling for the ROCKS in support of DIANE I am fine with it....

really not happy about our new manager...our triple-A Tim Wallach deserved the shot...I bet the deal with Mattingly has something to do with Joe coming here to begin with...

Clydegirl
09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Big mistake walking Gonzalez in the 9th.

Those Rockies are hot.

Clydegirl
09-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Jason LaRue announced his retirement from MLB yesterday. A sad way to go out after being kicked in the head with Cueto's spikes.

He has been having problems with concussion symptons since it happened.

A good back-up catcher and a good clubhouse guy.

Sweetcaroline
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Sox won today... we took 1 out of 3 from Jays :(
I was mistaken when I said we play Rays and Yanks a lot.. we don't play Rays at all
.........but.......
We do have 6 games left with the Yanks
could it be another bunch of crazy games with them like 2004 ? :chin: ;)
I know... diff circumstances... but it sure would be fun :dizzy:

Go Rockies !

EZMONEY
09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 9/18 :)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 152 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 157 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 134 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 171 WINS ~ 1st Place :)

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 83 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 169 WINS ~ 2nd Place

EZMONEY
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
My DODGERS didn't help our root for DIANE'S ROCKIES.... by winning in extra innings.

Talk around here is fire the manager (Mattingly) before he starts and sell-sell-sell the TEAM before the divorce goes any longer....

Luddy
09-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Jason LaRue announced his retirement from MLB yesterday. A sad way to go out after being kicked in the head with Cueto's spikes.

He has been having problems with concussion symptons since it happened.

A good back-up catcher and a good clubhouse guy.

Just saw this. :(

And he was protecting Carp, not like he was actually fighting or doing anything wrong. So horrible.

Slashnl
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Ok, so I get some temporary help in cheering for the Rockies, and I'm MIA for a few days. Sorry about that! Thank you for your support! (Old Bartles & Jaymes commercial reference, for those of you old enough to remember that!)

Yep, it is getting interesting again. That extra inning loss to the Dodgers was not a happy thing at my house, but when you are ahead by that much in the 2nd inning and then can't close the deal... well, it happens. We have an off day today and then on to Arizona. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Gary, I wondered what you thought of the Mattingly manager deal. Someone on sports radio said that with the divorce uncertainty and now with Mattingly, he expected the team to rebuild. Oh boy.

Sweetcaroline
09-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Diane, I totally get the Old Bartles & Jaymes commercial reference...:lol: those old guys cracked me up...

EZMONEY
09-21-2010, 12:20 AM
LOL...I remember too! I even found them on you-tube...here is one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7WeZbRbxwg

Slashnl
09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I've been pretty caught up in High School football lately. My son is a Freshman player (he's a beast!), but we try to go to the JV and Varsity games too. Fun stuff!

Looking forward to seeing how the Rockies finish this out. Keep working hard guys!!!

Funny clip, EZ.

Clydegirl
09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm at a loss to describe this team.

Anytime you want to beat the Cardinals put a lefty not very good pitcher on the mound. Guaranteed to get a win.

Down 5-2 against the Pirates grrrrr.

I used to be partial to Bartles and Jaymes :)

EZMONEY
09-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Good luck in your freshman football season Diane....

looks like 'ol Joe Torre "may" manage the Mets next year....

I have no problem with that.

Slashnl
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Darn. We always have trouble with the DBacks and away games. I hope we can get it together for the next 2.

Clydegirl
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
So I'm listening to ESPN radio today on the drive home.

Jon Heyman, spelling?, of Sports Illustrated has come up with a list of the 10 top players available next year. They said 6 of the top 10 will be be going to the Yankees. No ifs, ands or buts. Sorry I don't have the list available.

Isn't that awful and sad at the same time?

EZMONEY
09-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Yankees?...what are yankees?.....

maybe if we ignore them they'll just go away.....

Clydegirl
09-23-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm at a loss to describe this team.

Slashnl
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Rockies can't play on the road. We must have all of our games at home. Whatever.

EZMONEY
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
So glad my Dodgers rolled over and played dead against my son in law's padres....

NOT!

EZMONEY
09-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Well the good news...my boys sent the padres back into 2nd...

the bad news...giants moved into first

Slashnl
09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Well, the Rockies were swept by the DBacks. Oh yay. It just isn't looking good for the rest of the season.

Clydegirl
09-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Congrats to my man, Adam Wainwright, getting his 20th win today against the Cubbies.

Sweetcaroline
09-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Sox beat the Yankees tonight...
doesn't count for much, but still feels great !

BillBlueEyes
09-25-2010, 05:20 AM
My gratitude to Sweetcaroline for staying up and seeing that game through to the end.

Yep, it "doesn't count for much" toward October baseball, but it helps me to remember that The Nation is still a team to be reckoned with.

Sweetcaroline
09-25-2010, 08:58 PM
My gratitude to Sweetcaroline for staying up and seeing that game through to the end.

Yep, it "doesn't count for much" toward October baseball, but it helps me to remember that The Nation is still a team to be reckoned with.

That's right Bill !
and....... the Sox took game #2 from Yankees today...
Boy, what we would've done with everyone healthy....... YIKES !

Clydegirl.... are you guys going to pull out of this one ?

Clydegirl
09-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Caroline NO. Not a chance.

EZMONEY
09-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Working at the VIKING FEST, for the ex, with my son in law at the BBQ...was just so happy when his padres went back into first tonight and he had it on his phone....NOT!

EZMONEY
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 9/26 :)

We are heading for home TEAM :carrot:

Looks like DIANE is in the drivers seat but SHANNON is close...very close :)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 158 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 161 WINS

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 139 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 176 WINS ~ 1st Place

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 85 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 172 WINS ~ 2nd Place

Slashnl
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, I guess I'm glad I chose the Phillies. Lately, the Rockies have not been helping me much! I don't think that we're going to see the post season. You just can't keep making mistakes like the Rockies have done.

EZMONEY
09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
DIANE my step-d just called me to say she was going to the game there tonight....wearing her L.A. jersey to represent!

Her and her boyfriend are on there way here from New York...I know they went to a Chicago Cubs game the other day.

Clydegirl
09-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Well looks like the fat lady has sung...when you lose by 2 touchdowns this point in the season there is no hope :no:

But like a busted sunny side up :chicken: egg there is hope :dance:

scramble it! :woohoo: throw in some cheese...bacon...onions...and wa-la....:angel: heaven :angel:

baseball is good :carrot:

Little League World Series run is happening :)

So what if my DODGERS smell a little fishy, like relatives that moved into the spare bedroom w/o you knowing :dizzy:

Lets ROCK and ROLL this through the play-offs TEAM...it is the AMERICAN GAME after all and we don't give up...EVER! :)

Gary this seems like such a long time ago you posted this.

One loss and we are done. What a difference a year makes.

EZMONEY
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
The beginning was a lot better than the end this year Big Bird!

Slashnl
09-28-2010, 11:36 AM
What is sad is that there isn't much hope for us "regulars" to this thread. You would think that there would be one team that would be standing out and we could all support. I don't think the Rockies will be that team. Darn it.

EZMONEY
09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Here in the San Diego and Los Angeles papers and online I am reading how players are upset that fans are not coming to the games to cheer them on...even the division leaders....

guess their millions block their reality minds on this economy!

Sweetcaroline
09-29-2010, 12:49 AM
The big E is here and I don't mean the state fair...

Here's to next year guys... :drinkup:

We still have 4 home games against Yanks..could be painful, or could be a lot of fun watching them sweat....

Clydegirl
09-29-2010, 01:06 AM
And we're done

Reds won and we lost to the Pirates. :mad:

We still have 5 games to play.

4 against the Rockies. So guys will you show up to play?

Clydegirl
09-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Here in the San Diego and Los Angeles papers and online I am reading how players are upset that fans are not coming to the games to cheer them on...even the division leaders....

guess their millions block their reality minds on this economy!

We have 2 more games to go to. Both against the Rockies. I got really cheap seats for Sunday only because we will each get a free ticket to a game next year.

I'd like to see some effort and there are some players I never want to see wearing a Cardinal's uniform again.

BillBlueEyes
09-29-2010, 05:15 AM
LOL at the The big E - yep, now that the Red Sox Nation is officially eliminated, we no longer have to read the diehards chanting about the fat lady singing "It ain't over til."

If teams don't play the bottom of the ninth when the home team is ahead, why are the remaining games being played?

EZMONEY
09-29-2010, 09:18 AM
WE KO'd DIANE out of the race last night.....

Shannon is the only one left with life....

Slashnl
09-29-2010, 11:14 AM
And we're done

Reds won and we lost to the Pirates. :mad:

We still have 5 games to play.

4 against the Rockies. So guys will you show up to play?

AND... We're done.

Just how dull will these last 4 games be, Clyde? Neither one of us are going past those games, so I guess we're "playing for pride". Or we'll be trying out a bunch of other guys and letting the starters rest up for the off season. Yawn!

Clydegirl
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Diane, our game today, the only regular on the team is Rasmus.

All our minor leaguers are getting to play. They can be fun games to watch.

Jimenez will try for his 20th win.

Wainwright is done for the year. He did something to his arm. Garcia is finished for the year as well. Pitching should be interesting.

Sweetcaroline
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Should we start a new thread called, contracts, trades and injury updates.. ?

EZMONEY
09-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Well we sweep the ROCKIES....

where were YOU? the last 2 months.....

BillBlueEyes
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Yay - it's time for Winter Baseball - Everybody gets to declare themselves the winner.

Clydegirl
09-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Should we start a new thread called, contracts, trades and injury updates.. ?

Or do we have to wait until the you know what is over :p

I need to post somewhere on here during the off-season. I'm all for it.

I'm hoping there's a few changes on this team.

Slashnl
09-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Well we sweep the ROCKIES....

where were YOU? the last 2 months.....

Swept... by the Dodgers.... AT COORS FIELD???? Wow.

Luddy
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I've been on a mini-hiatus from baseball recently. A little on purpose, a little not. I actually sat down to watch the Cardinals game last night only to find out they played earlier in the day. :rolleyes:

I never used to not know when they played. But I'm going to catch as much as possible these last 4 days.

EZMONEY
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Who in the heck do I root for TEAM?

My son in law's (aka the kidnapper) padres who I despise....

or....

the giants which I have hated since birth?

I am in a fix.....

Clydegirl
09-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Who in the heck do I root for TEAM?

My son in law's (aka the kidnapper) padres who I despise....

or....

the giants which I have hated since birth?

I am in a fix.....

Root for the Braves in the wild card. Forget about the division the Giants are going to win it.

EZMONEY
10-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Root for the Braves in the wild card. Forget about the division the Giants are going to win it.

Why not...the Braves are America's team right?...that's what TBS said for years!!!

Clydegirl
10-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Diane nice win last night against you guys.

We are going to the game tonight. It's still fun going to the ballgame even though we're not going anywhere.

Clydegirl
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM
We've won 3 of 3 from the Rockies.

A great scene at Busch Stadium today "Stand For Stan". A tribute to Stan Musial, one of the greatest Cardinals ever. He was driven around in a golf cart and honored.

Who's going to win the west? What do you think Gary? Diane?

Clydegirl
10-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Went to the game today. Swept the Rockies.

Got vouchers for a free game next year.

2 Reds fans sitting behing us :( They were well behaved.

EZMONEY
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
IT'S OVER :(

The regular season that is and we have a winner :) Two actually, Shannon and Diane tied for first with me and Sweet-C in a distant tie for second. My teams won 10 games the last week to give me a little respect...very little ;)

Great job ladies with your win and good luck in the Play-offs with your Braves and Phillies ....and as far as your 3FC Bucks go...checks in the mail ;)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 168 WINS ~ 2nd Place Tie :)

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 168 WINS ~ 2nd Place Tie :)

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 147 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 180 WINS ~ 1st Place TIE :carrot:

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 89 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 180 WINS ~ 1st Place TIE:carrot:

EZMONEY
10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Well TEAM I spent the week-end camping and was so fortunate to have the padre games on the radio...not!....as I watched the kidnapper's expression change from sad to glad from thursday to last night as the pads closed in on the giants....but today, all alone at home this afternoon watching the game, I didn't get to see those padres wipe that smile right off his face....since he was at the Charger game!

I feel a little sad for him and a couple of other loved ones that are Padre fans...but I am sure I will get over it soon! lol

Now hoping those giants get ko'd right out of the shoot!

I haven't figured it out yet but I am not pulling for the giants/yankees/phillies!

It has been a fun year TEAM!

Looking forward to "chatting" through the play-offs and SPRING TRAINING!!!!

Slashnl
10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Clyde, bet you wish you played the Rockies all year!!! Sigh.

Oh well, it is mercifully over now. I'm rooting for the Phillies.

Sweetcaroline
10-04-2010, 11:02 PM
IT'S OVER :(

The regular season that is and we have a winner :) Two actually, Shannon and Diane tied for first with me and Sweet-C in a distant tie for second. My teams won 10 games the last week to give me a little respect...very little ;)

Great job ladies with your win and good luck in the Play-offs with your Braves and Phillies ....and as far as your 3FC Bucks go...checks in the mail ;)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 168 WINS ~ 2nd Place Tie :)

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 168 WINS ~ 2nd Place Tie :)

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 147 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 180 WINS ~ 1st Place TIE :carrot:

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 89 WINS

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 180 WINS ~ 1st Place TIE:carrot:

Can we all have trophies ? So that no one feels like a loser ? :D

Sweetcaroline
10-04-2010, 11:05 PM
At least we beat the Yankees in the last game of the 'our' season... that felt good...

I'm rooting for Texas and Atlanta... :corn:

Clydegirl
10-05-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm rooting for the Twins and the Braves.

At the moment we have the "Should I stay or should I go?" Good song ;)

Tony don't wait too long until you decide. We need to get number 5 signed this off season.

BillBlueEyes
10-05-2010, 06:30 AM
At least we beat the Yankees in the last game of the 'our' season... that felt good...That did feel good.

Did you notice that the New England Patriots won last night?

Was there once a time when the sports seasons didn't overlap? I have a vague memory of going from one sport's season to the next instead of this simultaneous stuff.

Slashnl
10-06-2010, 10:49 AM
No kidding, Bill. Hockey and basketball are starting now too. The lines between the seasons have blurred!

Clydegirl
10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Make your predictions.

Phillies over Reds.

Braves over Giants.

Texas over Rays.

Twins over Yankees.

Sweetcaroline
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Make your predictions.

Phillies over Reds.

Braves over Giants.

Texas over Rays.

Twins over Yankees.

Sweetcaroline says:
Texas over Rays
Twins over Yankees
Braves over Giants
Phillies over Reds...

Sweetcaroline
10-06-2010, 07:24 PM
That did feel good.

Did you notice that the New England Patriots won last night?

Was there once a time when the sports seasons didn't overlap? I have a vague memory of going from one sport's season to the next instead of this simultaneous stuff.

Yes Bill... I didn't hear something about that game, it was football right ?... Oh my goodness, that was great !

Randy Moss is gone ! I wonder if it was for :moo:-ning the Miami fans...

EZMONEY
10-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Not what I think but what I WANT!

Reds ~ Braves ~ Rays ~ Twins

Clydegirl
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Not what I think but what I WANT!

Reds ~ Braves ~ Rays ~ Twins

So what do you think?

How about that no-hitter by Halladay?

EZMONEY
10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Honestly...with work today I didn't know!

WOW!!!

good pick up for them eh?!

Slashnl
10-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm a little late, but my winner predictions are:

Phillies, Rangers, Yankees, Braves

Sweetcaroline
10-08-2010, 10:20 PM

........................... Hi everyone :corn:

Clydegirl
10-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Hello Caroline.

EZMONEY
10-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Just soooo freakin' happy the phillies and giants are doing well....

Gary's a liar....Gary's a liar.....

Clydegirl
10-09-2010, 11:15 AM
My man, Rick Ankiel, gets the game winning home run to beat the Giants :)

The Reds were a mess last night.

Slashnl
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
So, I have a little baseball bet with a coworker. It's kind of funny because there isn't much money involved, but it's helped increase my attention to the playoffs. We take turns picking opposing teams and for each game they win, you get a dollar. In this first round, I have/had Phillies, Twins, Rangers, and Giants. (I didn't want the Giants at all, but my coworker doesn't like them any more than I do, and I got stuck...) Very difficult to cheer for the Giants.

But, I'm up $1.00!

Clydegirl
10-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Woo-hoo one dollar.

I'm still rooting for the Braves but I wonder if they can beat the Phillies.

EZMONEY
10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
That was quite a series with the giants and Braves....I sure felt bad for that Conrad kid.....suicide watch on him please!

Slashnl
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
No kidding, Gary. I felt really sorry for him.

I heard on the radio that they aren't starting the next games until Saturday. Now, how smart is that? If you want people to watch, do you really put the games up against the multitudes of college football games?

BillBlueEyes
10-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Go Texas

[Or, for that matter, anybody else playing the Y*nquees.]

EZMONEY
10-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Bet the Rays wish they would have lost the pennant to those damn yankees now!

Slashnl
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm for Texas, too! But, I'm going to be gone for about a week, away from the radio, TV, computer, etc, so I guess I'll find out when I get back how it all went!

Enjoy the games everyone!

Clydegirl
10-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Still waiting Tony.

How long does it take to decide if you're coming back as manager?

EZMONEY
10-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Dodgers have raised ticket prices....

yeah....that outta help

BillBlueEyes
10-14-2010, 08:34 PM
So that was the problem!

Maybe Red Sox Nation will seek the same cure, LOL.

Sweetcaroline
10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Go Texas

[Or, for that matter, anybody else playing the Y*nquees.]

DITTO

Sweetcaroline
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Big weekend coming up .... I can't wait to watch some more baseball...
:corn:

Sweetcaroline
10-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Twas the night of the big game
and all thru the stands
Not a Yankee was smiling
Not even a grin

The bats of the Rangers
All covered in tar
soon would be hitting everything out of the yard

When along came a Yankee
dressed up in his stripes
was swinging and missing
cause he couldn't see strikes

OK... someone take it from here... anyone ?

Clydegirl
10-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Twas the night of the big game
and all thru the stands
Not a Yankee was smiling
Not even a grin

The bats of the Rangers
All covered in tar
soon would be hitting everything out of the yard

When along came a Yankee
dressed up in his stripes
was swinging and missing
cause he couldn't see strikes[/COL

[COLOR="DarkRed"]OK... someone take it from here... anyone ?

I'm impressed.

Go Rangers how about that?

EZMONEY
10-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I can't improve on that Sweet-C....

watched the first 3 innings in the Irish pub having burgers with my wife this evening....

Clydegirl
10-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Oops not a good 8th inning.

BillBlueEyes
10-19-2010, 05:51 AM
8 - 0

Right in the Y*nquees own ballpark.

Thank you Texas Rangers!!!

[Note to self: The season is over, you're not paying attention to baseball.]

Clydegirl
10-19-2010, 10:05 PM
How about those San Fransisco Giants!!

Clydegirl
10-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Don't you love the Molina brothers? :)

BillBlueEyes
10-20-2010, 05:32 AM
10 - 3

Right in the Y*nquees own ballpark. Again!

Thank you Texas Rangers!!!

[Note to self: Predicting that they won't have to travel back to Texas courts disaster. No expectations for a three game sweep.]

EZMONEY
10-22-2010, 09:35 PM
it kills me rooting for those giants.....

go Rangers!

out of town all last week w/o a computer...working this week-end too....but I may come home depending on when I finish each day...

but then all gone all week....

miss my buddies.....

Sweetcaroline
10-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Psyched !!

Let the gingerale flow !

BillBlueEyes
10-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Double Psyched !!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Rangers

Clydegirl
10-23-2010, 09:52 AM