Momentum / Flex - New WW Plan for 2011?

View Full Version : New WW Plan for 2011?

mari2011
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know about the new WW plan for 2011? I heard they are totally revamping the plan. Free fruits and veg, and a different way of calculating points. If this is true, I am very excited about it.

Has anyone heard anything in their meetings? The receptionist at my meeting did give me the heads up, but no info.

Iianae
08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I've been going to meetings for the past year, every week (except for 2 times I missed) and I've not heard anything about it.

Interesting though...let me know if you hear anything more!

QuilterInVA
08-15-2010, 02:04 PM
They usually roll out the changes early in December. It's about time for a revamp. It'll be interesting. I've been lifetime since 1977 and have been on every single WW program. It's always been the best program because of the continuing research they do. I'd love for fruit to be free!

mari2011
08-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Quilter, your stats are awesome. Congratulations!

I too am ready for a new plan. I've been on different versions of WW over the years, but never kept the weight off.

Someone over on the official WW boards posted that the Weight Watchers International quarterly financial statements talk about a new program in 2011. I went and spent time googling (I just had to know!), and it does say that in Australasia and the U.K., Canada and the U.S. a totally revamped plan will be rolled out for 2011. Points will be calculated differently than they are now, and the whole plan will be different.

Honestly, I'm ready for change. The article also said that this will be the first major change in WW in over a decade, when points were first introduced. I think it's very exciting. And I agree with you. Free fruit would be heaven. I know that fruit and veg never made me fat.

KimberlyinMN
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I heard a rumor that the new plan will be rolled out shortly - possibly November. I just re-joined and I'm looking forward to when the new plan does roll out, so that as a group we are all learning about the new plan. (I like it when we are all on the same page with a plan for the meetings.) :)

QuilterInVA
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I can't wait. I love fruit but only have 18 points so it's difficult to fit in much of it. I been on all the WW plans and really look forward to shaking things up with a new plan.

antiquilt
09-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Our WW leader told us that they all had to sign confidentiality agreements. One leader who worked for WW for 20 years put something on her Facebook page, which is easily tracked, and she was fired. Our leader just said there will be big changes if you like sweets & bread, and the new program starts for us at end of November.

QuilterInVA
09-30-2010, 06:46 PM
If its like the European plan of the same name, bread and sweets will cost a lot of points.

MissKoo
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
If points are calculated differently I hope they will give me a refund for the points calculator I just bought!

JennyT
10-03-2010, 09:25 PM
If points are calculated differently I hope they will give me a refund for the points calculator I just bought!

Me too! I am just getting the hang of this (3 weeks in) and am really enjoying it, I might stick with the 'old' plan anyways!

NLGirl
10-07-2010, 02:07 AM
So tonight at WW the leader told us the new plan is coming the first week of December. She says it is exciting and she is in love with it; but she could not give more details.

tamia
10-08-2010, 10:44 PM
OMG I havent gone and stayed for a meeting in weeks. I'm so excited at the idea of something new. Although It will be a little frustrating to learn a whole knew points system, but if fruits are free that would be GREAT!

GinaMyBoo
10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I had to register because I saw this thread online and wanted to share what I heard.

My sister has been doing WW for a long time and just told me about some of what she's heard so far. I don't know how I feel about what she told me. I think it is good but it'll be hard for a lot of people, especially those of us still pretty new to the program. Here is what she said:

There is a totally new calculation for everything. They will be using different things to figure out points (not calories/fat/fiber). Kind of sounds like they are trying to look at WHERE the calories come from (fat, carbs, protein) and not just the calories.

Fruits/Veggies are "free." You can eat as many as you like, except for starchy ones like potatoes :(

People will get more points, but things will also cost more points. But it sounds like if you like fruits and veggies, you can fill up on those to save points for other stuff.

She also said if you notice, there have been a lot of sales lately. This is because everything is being repackaged or phased out because of the changes. Most everything WW produces will be more points (maybe 1-2), so they have to change the packaging to reflect the change.

She said it also sounds like you'll kind of HAVE to get calculators and/or e-tools to figure stuff out. That part I don't like.

It sounds like, as far as health goes, they are placing an emphasis on filling foods. Things that are "bad" for you are going to be more penalized. So that part is good. My sister was saying, early on, she was losing but was eating a lot of 100 calorie packs (chips, cupcakes, etc.). She lost, but she didn't eat all that healthy still. She's thinking it will be harder to do that now because all those packs will probably be more points since they are high in carbs (and sometimes fat).

So take that for what it's worth. I usually trust what she tells me about WW. She seems to have insider knowledge or something (lol!). I guess we should probably just wait until our leaders or the e-tools talk about the changes. I hope they give us enough time to adjust instead of just saying, "Boom here you go!"

I don't like that it sounds more complicated. I liked WW because it was pretty simple once you got started. This sounds like a lot more thinking. But it DOES sound like it will force people to be smarter about the foods they eat, rather than sneaking by with all these small portion foods that really aren't healthy. So that is good.

Sorry that was so long! I wanted to share what I heard. I guess we should be on the lookout for changes. :dizzy:

Trishg21
10-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Hmm sounds interesting. I don't attend meetings, I just do WW on my own so I will be interested to hear what they are changing. I figure if I don't love it I'll just continue the way I'm currently doing it heh heh ;) So far it's working!

tamia
10-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Im a little nervous by all the changes. Although it would be nice to have fruits be free. I'm not really in the mood to learn a whole new points calculation formula. Right now I can basically do the points in my head. Blah. I'll just wait and see how it goes.

gerly1
10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I am just starting my second week. I hope the new changes aren't to complicated. That is what I am loving about WW is that it is so simple.:o

Joycelyn
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Gina, I have heard exactly what you have heard. I hope it's true. I'll take any diet that offers free fruits and veg to fill up on. This is the European WW plan that has been offered in Germany and the Netherlands with great success. The WW financial forecast (google it), states that the new plan will be released in Australasia, the U.K., Canada and the U.S. late November/early December.

At my meeting we will receive it the Monday following Thanksgiving.

It sounds like a tremendous improvement over the current plan. The WW CEO said in the report that this is the first major change in the WW system since points were introduced a decade ago.

Sounds exciting.

apronsbymeme
10-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I just heard that the new Plan was going to be revealed around Thanksgiving. Our Leader said she lost 3 lbs. in one week. But couldn't tell us anymore!!

Emily718
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone knew, will this new plan be the only option, or will we have a choice between the old plan and the new plan, kind of like how we have a choice between the momentum and core plans now? I know I could follow the old plan on my own but I do so much better as an active member. Thanks for any info!

apronsbymeme
10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Emily, I was told that you could still use the Points Plan. I wanted to buy the calculator and they told me to wait because things were changing. But If I wanted to still buy it I would still be able to do the point system.

Hilly4118
10-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I've been doing WW for a while and love its simplicity. I'm betting that we'll still be counting points, it's just that the points will be different. That kind of bums me out because I've only recently been able to actually remember the point values on my favorites! Should be interesting......
-Jenny

jnmcelwain
10-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I've been doing WW for about 6 weeks now, and been moving along pretty well, I'll probably stick with what I'm doing until I plateau and then mix stuff up with the new plan...yeah, that sounds like a good idea...lol

tamia
10-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I know have it in my planner the day the new plan comes out so I can make sure I have time to stay for hte meeting. I dont always have time with school and meetings.

Joycelyn
10-16-2010, 04:20 PM
We will still be counting points! Everyone check out the new November/December issue of Weight Watchers magazine which just hit the stands. On the second page WW's CEO has a letter to members telling them that a new program is coming at the end of November, but it will still involve points. This will be a major change in the program. Folks over on the "official" WW site say we will be calculating points differently, etc. Fruits and most veg will be free.

My area will introduce the new plan the Sunday after Thanksgiving (11/28). If you ask your area people they will tell you when it will be introduced. I can only assume it will be the same date for everyone since the CEO said we'll get it the end of November.

I am ready for a WW shake-up. We haven't had one in over 13 years (according to the CEO). It is long overdue!

QuilterInVA
10-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Everyone should give the new program a 6-week trial before they say they are going to stick with the old one - you might lose even better!

I hope they take fiber out of the calculation. I've seen so many abuse it. They add fiber to ice cream for crying out loud. A calorie is still a calorie.

You will not be able to stay on Momentum at the meetings when Pro Points comes out November 28.

oscar1973
10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes, the plan is changing. Yes, it will begin for everyone the Sunday after Thanksgiving. No, the old plan will not be supported. Give the new plan a chance. I hate it when people say, 'I'm going to just stay on the old plan.' If everyone said that, we'd still be eating liver and onions! You can't (shouldn't) judge something until you've given it a try. Once the plan becomes available, it will be just that, "the plan". Forget "old" vs. "new", it's just "the plan". Good luck to everyone!!

shcirerf
10-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I haven't been to a meeting in a long time. Sounds exciting to me. I'm a lifetime member. Been thinking about going back, now I know I am!

I like new stuffs!

Joycelyn
10-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I can't wait for the new plan. If it's true that "fruits and most vegetables are free" (I'm quoting from someone who said they saw the new literature), COUNT ME IN! I had started following the Mayo Clinic Diet, having read the new book, and Dr. Hensrud (the author) said unlimited fruits and vegetables should be the mainstay of everyone's diet.

If WW is doing this, I"M IN! Does anyone know for sure? Lots of folks say they know lots of things about the new plan, but who really knows? The leaders and receptionists have to sign away their lives and are sworn to secrecy!

QuilterInVA
10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
I believe its most fruits and vegetables are free. You can read the WW patent for the new plan and get it.

stratcat45
10-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Hmmmmm.....I'm all for free foods (especially fruits); but I'm not the biggest veggie eater and my guess is going to be that the veggies I love so much and measure out to stay within a point range aren't going to be the free ones. And it sounds as if the foods, besides Fruits & Veggies are going to be higher in points. I hate hearing that carbs may be one of the deciding factors of points....I've done Atkins and hated it! I just started WW 5 weeks ago and have enjoyed it so much and have been losing and I don't feel as though I'm depriving myself at all.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, I may have to drop out of meetings and just do the old program on my own.

QuilterInVA
10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
I do believe it's the simple carbs that are going to get the point increase. And why are you counting points for veggies now? Most of them are free. Both fruit and veggies contain carbs, as does dairy. It's not going to be Atkins. Most of the 100-calorie packs are not really nutritious, and the bars, so I can see them getting more points assigned. WW is about sound nutrition and exercise leading to a healthy weight loss, not eliminating food groups like Atkins.

pageta
10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
It's the simple carbs that get the increase, but you also get more points. So I don't think it's as restrictive as the Atkins. You can still eat those things - they just cost you more so you'll tend to eat less of them (since we tend to eat less of things that cost more points).

shellerooskie
10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I am a new member (working on week 5 as of today). I LOVE the program and the healthier lifestyle. I feel more energized!!! Weight Watchers has been around for over 40 years!!! WOW! They have to know what they are doing or else they would not still be around. I am putting my trust into them with the upcoming changes because of their continued success with helping people on their journey to weight loss.

stratcat45
10-22-2010, 02:23 PM
I know most veggies are free, but ones like potatoes, peas and corn are not...peas are my absolute FAVORITES!!! I don't live off 100 calorie packs and such, but have snacky things on occassion because every once in a while I just need that snack! I normally have daily points left over and very rarely do I ever use weekly points. I'm forming new habits and have found a plan I like and can stick with. I just don't want to see an abudance of change that takes the "fun" out of it!

MrsBonsai
10-22-2010, 10:04 PM
The daily points . . . are the required minimum. You are supposed to be eating all of your daily points. You should not have leftover daily points. If you often have leftover daily points, then you will stymie your weight loss.

Joycelyn
10-23-2010, 12:57 PM
stratcat, don't worry, I don't think WW will ever go low carb. If you read the letter from the CEO in the latest issue of WW magazine even he says that much of the information we've received from the 80's up to the early 2000's - low carb, low fat, etc. is just conflicting. He says the new program will still be points-based and simple.

Here's my guess (and sincere hope) about what they are doing. With the current points formula we are punished for eating fats (even good fats) and rewarded for eating more fiber (lower points, even if the calories aren't lower). So even though a food may have fiber added, the points are artificially lowered. This is not a true representation of calories. I've read (and I'm HOPING this is accurate) that the new points formula will use proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fiber to give us our points. That is what they are doing in Netherlands and Germany to figure their points. I believe that has been a "test" plan for our forthcoming plan, for over a year now. That formula is a true representation of what calories are made up of.

I too am losing nicely on the current plan, but the new plan sounds like a nice improvement, especially if it's true that "fruits and most veg" are now free, and that points more accurately represent calories.

I can't wait until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'll probably be the first one at my meeting!

llamalluv
10-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Yes, the plan is changing. Yes, it will begin for everyone the Sunday after Thanksgiving. No, the old plan will not be supported. Give the new plan a chance. I hate it when people say, 'I'm going to just stay on the old plan.' If everyone said that, we'd still be eating liver and onions! You can't (shouldn't) judge something until you've given it a try. Once the plan becomes available, it will be just that, "the plan". Forget "old" vs. "new", it's just "the plan". Good luck to everyone!!

Um...I do eat liver and onions. :?:

MrsBonsai
10-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Um...I do eat liver and onions. :?:

The original plan called for lots of it. ;)

MrsBonsai
10-23-2010, 03:44 PM
This is a link to someone's listing of the 1972 program, requiring liver once a week. Bleh. I don't like liver! ;)

I can't post it as a link because even though I've been here for years, for some reason it shows me as only 2 or 3 posts.

stratcat45
10-23-2010, 07:31 PM
MrsBonsai - I questioned my leader about my often having left over points (it's not an everyday occurance) and she told me to try my best to get them all in for the same reason you did. I quickly discovered that in order to get my points in, I was eating the snacky things - lol!! Adding the healthier stuff didn't add up the points. The truth is, there are some days I'm just not hungry enough to force myself to eat. I do try though!

Joceyln - thanks for the information; as long as it doesn't go low-carb like Atkins I should be fine. My doctor is totally against diets that eliminate a food group...he likes WW because you can eat anything (within reason) making it much better to stick to!

MrsBonsai
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Do you eat a lot of low fat/sugar free products? Maybe you can substitute in things like 2% instead of fat free cheeses. Or add avocado to a sandwich. Do you get your essential fats in? Would you mind sharing what a typical day is like?

tamia
10-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Try eating a slightly large portion of protein to get your points. (PS I'm always under my points, I never eat my flex points, I never touch my Activity Points and I'm doing just fine. Dont freak out unless it starts to affect your weight loss. As long as you arent under 18 points a day, you are fine.)

stratcat45
10-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the advice! It never occurred to me to just eat regular or 2% cheese to rake up some points. I guess it's because we're always looking for the less points! That's good advice.

And I'm never under 18 points. If I'm under it's normally only by 2-3 points.

Paintfancy
10-26-2010, 02:17 PM
This has me a bit concerned. I am one of those people that lives for the "extras" that we are allowed to have on WW. Yes, I know it's probably what's holding me back from really losing the last 10 lbs I want to lose. However, being allowed to have those extras is what has helped me be successful on WW. I'm nervous about losing that. I also know myself though and know I don't like change. I'm trying hard to re-focus my brain on the fact that no matter what, WW does their homework and whatever they are changing to, must be much better for me..... :shrug:

I just need to keep trusting that they are here to help us... :^:

Joycelyn
10-27-2010, 09:51 PM
paintfancy, not to worry. Speculation is that the structure of WW will remain the same, with daily points as well as weekly and activity points. You can still have your treats.

QuilterInVA
10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
No one said you can't have your "extras". They are going to cost you more points because they aren't very nutritious but you can still eat them.

Joycelyn
10-29-2010, 09:03 AM
I really believe Quilter is entirely right! Those 100 calorie "1 point" treats will be a thing of the past, but you can still have them. I'll bet they'll at least double in point value. It will be interesting! But the good thing is you can still have them!

Joycelyn
10-29-2010, 09:06 AM
...like for example the Vitatops everyone (including me) is nuts about. I really hope that just because something has a lot of fiber pumped in, the point value will no longer be artificially low.

I hope points will finally be a true representation of actual calories in a food. It looks like it will be!

And don't forget to go into the official WW U.K. boards on 11/7 or 11/8. They are unveiling their plan that day and speculation is that ours will be quite similar. Finally! It will be fun to lurk and get info.

Stripiest
11-01-2010, 05:35 AM
I think a whole new plan is a really good idea. I am a serial rejoiner, and when I go back to a diet I just fall back into the bad habits that stopped me being successful in the first place. If it is new it will force me to perhaps go back to the basics and learn some new skills for success.

Gail :D

FIFI2010
11-02-2010, 08:15 AM
its gonna be similar to the slimming world plan! thats the plan I do now, its super and it works. Ive been in weight watchers for years, it never worked, i was always hungry. If i was still in WW now i would be annoyed at them changing the plan, after all you have been hungry for so long....why all of a sudden is fruit free? Because slimming world is a threat to them!

QuilterInVA
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
There was no need for you to be hungry on WW if you followed the plan as written. It is about more than just staying within your points.

We don't even have slimming world in the US so why would they be a threat to WW. If you followed science, you would know that the field of nutrition is evolving constantly and WW is changing the program for the first time in 13 years to reflect these changes.

WW or Slimming World don't work. YOU work at following them. I can tell you didn't follow WW so I hope you are doing better with slimming world.

RoseRodent
11-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I am completely :dizzy: that people are saying that the current WW plan is simple! I never really went anywhere near WW because I couldn't understand the plan, that you had to go through reams of paperwork to figure the points in your food because calories are printed on the box by law, points are not.

Not sure it's such a good idea if all fruits are free, OK so fruit is "good for you" but I could eat pounds and pounds of grapes! One cup of grapes says it's 62cals, if I sat down with 300g of them and didn't count them towards my daily intake at all then that's 202 "free" calories in grapes alone from one sitting.

Uberfemme
11-02-2010, 06:31 PM
its gonna be similar to the slimming world plan! thats the plan I do now, its super and it works. Ive been in weight watchers for years, it never worked, i was always hungry. If i was still in WW now i would be annoyed at them changing the plan, after all you have been hungry for so long....why all of a sudden is fruit free? Because slimming world is a threat to them!

It's funny. I've read this same exact post on other sites (mostly UK) about the new plan. It's almost like Slimming World is threatened. And FYI, the current SW plan is a lot like the old WW Core plan. Just sayin'.

The free fruits are supposed to be within moderation.

SueSays
11-02-2010, 06:45 PM
The theory behind ProPoints in the UK, Germany, etc. (and there's really no reason to suspect the plan will differ in the US/Canada all that much) is that Points are based not on calories, but rather the components of a food (what makes up those calories) and how your body processes those foods. Hence the addition of protein to the calculation, for example. Because your body works much harder to break down and process foods high in protein and fibre, the Points for such foods will be less than the Points for a more readily processed carb or sugary food...EVEN IF the calories are the same. The example I was shown was pita bread - whole wheat pita vs. white pita. Both the same calories per serving, but the whole wheat pita was 2 Points less than the white version. In the past, the Points for rice were the same whether you opted for white or brown...now brown will be fewer Points.

I'm actually really excited about the new program! I agree that people could "abuse" the fruit rule, but really, the potential exists for anyone to "abuse" almost any rule of any weight loss program. You're only truly accountable to yourself, and in taking the effort to work around the system you only really cheat yourself in the long run. The reality is you will still have a minimum number of Points to eat each day, and healthy guidelines to meet - if you're following the program correctly, the odds are you will enjoy snacks of fruit and veggies without going overboard. There's not really room to eat masses of fruit if you're eating everything else you're supposed to!! (have you ever tried to eat a ton of grapes?? Your body won't thank you later!). Foods that don't offer a lot in terms of satiety will cost more now, so there's definitely going to be a push towards selecting more wholesome, healthful foods as the foundation of your day.

SueSays
11-02-2010, 08:20 PM
This is for the UK version of the program, but odds are that the basics are going to be very close here (if not the same):

http://www.weightwatchersmediacentre.co.uk/PDF/Weight%20Watchers%20Press%20Pack.pdf

It explains the basics of the "new thinking" better than I can! :)

RoseRodent
11-03-2010, 03:47 AM
I agree that people could "abuse" the fruit rule, but really, the potential exists for anyone to "abuse" almost any rule of any weight loss program. You're only truly accountable to yourself, and in taking the effort to work around the system you only really cheat yourself in the long run.

The thing for WW, though, is they have to have in mind those people who actually don't know. Believe it or not there are people out there who are genuinely entirely ignorant of nutritional advice apart from "sweets and chips bad" - that's as far as it goes for some people. If these people are told that fruit is free then they will not be abusing the plan by overeating it, they will be following the plan. If people find new information very difficult then the subtleties and nuances of the plan will be difficult to grasp, they are looking for hard and fast rules and mantras - I can eat as much fruit as I like, OK let's get 12 bananas then. They will get very frustrated with the program if it says you can have as much fruit as you like but actually not really, you can't have that much fruit. They are looking to follow the absolute letter of the black and white, and if it says free fruit then free fruit it is.

Not sure that many in the UK will easily forget the Audrey Chawner moment:
Nutritioni advisor: What foods do you think might be low in calories
Audrey: I dunno, um, trifle?

If that's your level of knowledge then you can't be told fruit is unlimited and be expected to know there should be a limit.

amym
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Hello to everyone..

I just joined weight watchers last night!! I was given the week one information but told the plan will change on November 30,2010. Our leader said that it was the biggest change that WW has ever gone through and he thinks it is great. So I am going to do the best I can for the next 4 weeks before the new plan is implimented.

amym

SueSays
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
If that's your level of knowledge then you can't be told fruit is unlimited and be expected to know there should be a limit.

No, but you'll learn. :) The materials WW provides are very clear about what comprises good nutrition, and how to enjoy things in moderation. I agree that some who join may genuinely be lacking in nutritional knowledge, but even from the Week 1 booklet alone, they can no longer claim to be completely in the dark.

Can you tell I'm a big proponent of personal responsibility? :D There truly is so much information available these days...in not too hard to find places....that I'm not really willing to give anyone a pass in terms of "not knowing". Perhaps some slack before joining a weight loss program of some kind....but certainly not after. So much information and so many tools are made available right from the beginning.

And, honestly...we're all so different. For me, if I'm eating 12 bananas a day, I'm not eating a lot of other things....I find bananas really filling and sometimes struggle with finishing one. So in my case, if I ate all those each day I likely WOULD lose weight...because I wouldn't also be eating all my regular meals. Fruit doesn't automatically become a barrier to weight loss, so in regards to that part of the new program it will be all about determining what works for YOU and being honest with yourself. My main point was that people will find ways to get around anything if they have a desire to - at one point, someone was bragging about adding flax or something to ice cream to up the fiber, therefore rendering the ice cream lower points! I'd honestly rather see someone eating a little more fruit each day, if it means that they won't be filling up on 100 calorie packs - at some point, the satiety of fruit due to the fiber will kick in (which it rarely does with those small packs - how many people have commented that they can eat a whole box?)

Dilliemamma
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I am wondering if they will take back the books I spent $20 on and give me new ones if they make them. I like the food companion and dining out companions.

izzystizzy
11-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Hey everyone, well since I am living in Germany i checked out today the new program... but it basically what everyone said the "Fulfilling factor" , because carbs are digested much faster and so on... But now i am not sure.. I lost a lot with WW when i was younger and I am back now... with my old material at home... and thinking about to change .. what do u think??

nancyp
11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Here's a link to an article about how the program will work in the UK. I had to do some conversions to understand the measurements, but it looks interesting. I for one never understood why salmon was so high in points but so good for you. I always thought you should have gotten a "discount" for the healthiness :)

mojojojo
11-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks!
I have been in a plateau for almost three months, so I hope I can lose
the extra pounds with the new system.
Thank you so much for the info.

Nmhawes
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
There is an article on CNN.com that details the changes coming to WW starting November 28th.

gingernut
11-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Hi There
New to today so wanted to say hello and answer your question
Yes the new plan was launched yesterday and fruit and veg at last are free and I believe that they have lowered the points value on things like lean meat etc
I actually do another programme after many years of doing the ww and being a leader for ten years , I find this one to be so flexible and fruit and veg meat and carbs are free on it , you do have limitations and it works as i have lost over 17lbs with them , I guess this is why ww decided to make fruit and veg free as it is working for people on this programme
I hated the points plan never did well on it at all to much freedom to eat rubbish instead of healthy preferred the one before which was much more balanced
It would be good to see what this one has to offer though

gingernut
11-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Just read a post that says that you don't have slimming world in the USA you do now as they launched a couple of months ago
This is the one i do now and love it , it took me three tries to get my head round the fact that you don't need to weigh and measure every thing and that i can eat as much rice pasta and potatoes as i want at meal times as well as as much chicken salmon in fact any of the proteins and also unlimited fruit and veg and muller light yoghurt I find this fascinating as I taught the weight watchers plan for ten years plus and drummed it into the members that they had to portion control and here I am slimmer now eating till I am comfortably full I love this sw programme ( not the green and red the extra easy ) and have got a lot of my ex members to join who also love it , It is just getting your head round it all:dizzy:

chele21
11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I have lost 101.8 in exactly 10 months on the points, and I suppose I am fine with the change. I do not handle change well, but whatever, I am sure it will be fine. My real issue is that the fact that I lost a 30+ dollar scale and now it is garbage? That is not ok. They should have pulled those scales a long time ago, because they have known this was coming for a long time. I do hope they step up and make good on the products people have purchased recently.

MrsBonsai
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Everything I've found about Slimming World says it is based on calorie restriction.

The new WW program is not based on calories whatsoever. Calories were completely taken out of the points equation.

Seems very restrictive to me.

Did you see the new Youtube video of WW pres talking about why they no longer use calories whatsoever?

nannylynn
11-08-2010, 03:09 PM
...like for example the Vitatops everyone (including me) is nuts about. I really hope that just because something has a lot of fiber pumped in, the point value will no longer be artificially low.

I hope points will finally be a true representation of actual calories in a food. It looks like it will be!

And don't forget to go into the official WW U.K. boards on 11/7 or 11/8. They are unveiling their plan that day and speculation is that ours will be quite similar. Finally! It will be fun to lurk and get info.
I just went to ww united kingdom. It looks great. Only problem is because of stomach problems, I really should not eat raw veggies and fruit. I guess I will eat more cooked veggies and I can eat canned fruit. Hope that is included

nannylynn
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I am wondering if they will take back the books I spent $20 on and give me new ones if they make them. I like the food companion and dining out companions.
I have at least 6 books. pocket calculator and the scale. They will not take it back as it is all on sale. they are trying to get rid of the stuff. I have been a WW since 1964, you can only guess all the stuff I have been left with, but the diet works. I have just gotten to goal, a second time with a weight loss of 100 pounds. never give up

Shytowngal
11-08-2010, 05:56 PM
This is stressing me out... I have been very happy with Weight Watchers and I "know" almost every single point total off the top of my head and can calculate restaurant foods easily.

I feel like I have to learn this all over now! :( I guess EXTRA incentive to try and hit goal before this change - or I may give it a shot, or just switch to calorie counting...

ducktape54
11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
darn....i am doing ww at home and will have not way to get the new books :(

Raydee8
11-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm so glad a change is on the horizon.....to keep on saying that you can eat whatever you want as long as you track it MAKES sense, but I don't think enough emphasis was made on the "filling foods"....that's where the focus needs to be. It's a great program; I enjoy it EVERY time I join....ha ha...I don't know if that's good or bad?

Vjw
11-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I just read it will be called points plus. There is a new cookbook, trademark and calculator. Well we will see in a few weeks!

aleka
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
You can pre-order WW new cookbook on Amazon.

nannylynn
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
You can pre-order WW new cookbook on Amazon.
is that a cookbook with the new plan......

aleka
11-12-2010, 05:04 PM
is that a cookbook with the new plan......

Yes, nannylynn the cookbook is with the new plan. You can pre-order it, but they won't be shipping it until after Christmas, I think it said Dec. 28th.

QuilterInVA
11-13-2010, 05:50 PM
The details of the plan will not be complete in any book WW okays. That would be stupid on their part, wouldn't it. And the WW plan is not just just points. It's based on behaviorial modification.

I think that everyone who wants to do WW should have to pay for the information. I am so tired of all the freeloaders who say they can't afford it. I have an income (SS) of $1357 a month and I manage to pay for my monthly pass and rent and everything else.

Rocketter
11-13-2010, 11:36 PM
My first post here....just discovered this site....

Was grocery shopping yesterday and found Progresso soup with the new blue PointsPlus logo. Interestlngly the chicken dumplings soup is now 2 pts., was only 1. Lots of WW items on sale.

You can download the UK pro points calculator to get an idea of the point differences. WWbread was 1 pt for 2 slices, now 3 points. Calculator includes Protein, Total carbohydrates, Total Fat and Fiber. Processed foods, breads and even WW "treats" all are higher in points. But that's probably why the base points are now 29.

As my leader said this week...We will all be NEW members and learn the new program together.

aleka
11-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes, nannylynn the cookbook is with the new plan. You can pre-order it, but they won't be shipping it until after Christmas, I think it said Dec. 28th.

Sorry nannylynn, I just re-read what you posted and I read it wrong the first time. :o I don't know if the new WW cookbook has the new plan in it. The only thing I read was that all the recipes have the new point values in it.

Itryharder
11-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Just a quick shout out to QuilterInVA: Hey! I remember you from posting a long time ago on Core and different spots. You've done a terrific job!!!!! Weigh to go on your terrific weight loss and :bravo: for being so close to goal. We started posted here at about the same time. :carrot:
Itryharder

QuilterInVA
11-14-2010, 03:11 PM
If you want to do WW you have to do the new plan. All previous plans will be obsolete so you can do them but don't call them WW. Why wouldn't you want to try the new plan?

Every store I know sells off old stuff when new things are on the way and I don't see anyone complain about it when the purple clothes are on sale because they are now out of style because teal is in. Why did you think WW was selling the stuff so cheap?

Anyone who works for WW has had to sign a confidentiality agreement and if they break it they are fired.

I always sell my old stuff on ebay. There's always takers there and some sell the stuff for more than they paid for it. The calculator is on Amazon for $56 as of yesterday? Should they not sell it?

Let the buyer beware!

RoseRodent
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I am so tired of all the freeloaders who say they can't afford it. I have an income (SS) of $1357 a month and I manage to pay for my monthly pass and rent and everything else.

My income comes to equivalent $657 before tax, so maybe that's why there are people who say they can't afford it, because they have incomes even lower than yours? Mine is a good SS income in this country, a single unemployed person who has not had 60 or more weeks' work in the preceding 108 weeks gets $378 a month, so there really isn't any money to pay for anything at all over rent, fuel and taxes, even those bills are usually behind.

Yes you could say don't choose WW if you don't want to pay for it, but let's face it very little of the money is for the materials, those have an upfront cost to product but then it costs little to bulk print them and ship them out by the crate, the cost is in the support structure, which people who are trying to do the program alone are not getting.

And soem people are trying to figure out whether they think the plan will be suitable for them before they part with the fees which they genuinely intend to pay. I might join WW, but I want to understand what I am getting for my money. If you are buying a TV do you expect to have it out on display, read reviews of it and compare it to other TVs or do you expect it to be in a box out the back and the sales staff to say they cannot tell you anything about it for confidentiality, if you want to buy the TV buy it and then you'll find out what sort of TV it is?

Re. the reduced items, at least if you are buying out of season clothing you are well aware that it's reduced because it's out of season, it is quite clearly the old colours, fleece jackets in summer time and only in sizes 8, 12 and 22. WW did not put up the reason why their materials went on sale, sometimes (in the UK at least) they do sales at certain key seasonal times such as early January to encourage more members. If you think you have just got a great deal on some materials you wouldn't have chosen to afford only to find out they knew the materials were about to become obselete and you didn't then there's a certain right to be :mad: about that.

MrsBonsai
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Yup. Everyone knows the change is coming. Everyone knows it's points based. And that it rolls out on November 28, and that it's the biggest change in 13 years for WW. How? Because the President issued an article in the WW magazine, and everyone all over the net is spreading the word too.

They may not be able to have the leaders talk about it, but there's certainly enough press about it. It's still nutritionally sound. It's points based, although they took calories out of the equation. Again, youtube videos issued by Weight Watchers.

If you do not wish to continue with WW, then just quit and work with what you have. If you wish to continue with them, then realize you've already put trust in their scientists and doctors and nutrition experts to come up with something that works. It has already been tested. So . . . that leaves one question:

What are you arguing about? Either give it a whirl or back out. Seems a simple enough choice. You already know how to do WW if you have been in the program. If you are not yet a member, then you really should not know how the program really works yet anyway. So your choice is still the same knowledge. Points based, works for lots of people. Good information scientists studies doctors nutritionists . . . and tested, even the new program. So you know if they are making a change, there is a reason. So either go with it, or quit Weight Watchers and stop digging on people who really believe in WW's ability to create a great program.

Food scales are still going to be useful. You just won't be able to click on the points button anyway. I have a WW scale. I've had it for a while. I don't use the points function. I weigh what I'm using and use nutrition labels and other nutrition fact books and WW books and their calculators to find the info to figure out the points. Sure I'll need a new calculator. Oh well. It's my choice to continue with the program.

But if you are NOT going to switch to the new program, then save your money and quit now! Because they are not going to talk about old programs. Thank goodness we don't have to eat liver once a week anymore. Times change. Science shows new things. Here we go . . . the bus is moving along . . . either stay stuck with the old ways and old programs or move with WW into the new program and lose that weight!

stratcat45
11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I joined WW's back in September. The staff at my center were very honest when we bought products - they told us the program would be changing in or around November, that's why everything was on sale. I feel bad for those of you who were not told this.

Last week was the first mention of the new program from our leader. She said she herself hates change and she was sure she'd gain weight on the new program and hate it; however, she has been doing it for a month now and does like it and she's had no weight gain! So that made me a little hopeful.

It seems most people are concerned over their "favorites" becoming too high in points. There is a link on this thread that leads to details of the UK Pro-Points plan. From the over view I see there - yes, things will go up in points; but your daily and weekly points will go up as well. So it may all even itself out.

Best thing would be to wait for the launch, hear the information and make a decision from there.

MrsBonsai
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
community DOT weightwatchers DOT com / Blogs / userblog DOT aspx ? blog ID = 1039387

Hoping this works. You need that http thing with the : and the two / before you put the rest in your browser.

There’s been so much buzz about the changes that are coming to Weight Watchers, that we thought we’d answer a few of the key questions. So, here’s what you’ve been asking us:

Why the change? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?
While the current plan works and has worked for millons of Meetings members and Online subscribers it’s important to note that science is continually evolving, which means Weight Watchers needs to change too. We want to make sure our members and subscribers have the most up-to-date information they need to lose weight and keep it off. You will find that the new program changes will make following the Weight Watchers plan even more flexible.

Will those of us who subscribe to Weight Watchers Online get all the new info? Do we have to do anything?
When you log on to the site on November 29th, we will walk you through the new program, step by step. There will also be guides, videos, and games to help you have a successful transition to the new program.

Can I continue to use my iPhone app?
The iPhone app will be updated to support the new program. It should be available to download on November 29th. We will also have Blackberry, Android, and Windows Phone 7 calculator apps shortly after the new program launch.

Is fruit free on the new program?
Yes – you can eat all fruit until you are satisfied.

Is all fruit free? Even bananas??
Yes even bananas!!

Even… mangoes???
Yes even mangoes!!!

DoItThisTime
11-16-2010, 12:48 PM
For me, once the new plan comes out, if I prefer to stay on the old one for whatever reason, I will. I will also continue to attend WW meetings either way. Why? For me, WW isn't just about points or what plan they have, but it's about the accountability and support at the meetings...I know each Tuesday I have to weigh in and I know my friend will be expecting me!! The meetings are the key for me and then whatever point system works the best for me--current or new one--for convenience and consistent weight loss.

I also track sodium and pay attention to what types of foods I'm eating while I'm tracking points, so I already pay attention to the nutritional value of foods.

I know the current point system like the back of my hand from being an online-only member years ago, but it wasn't working for me because I couldn't stick to it. Once I started attending the meetings where a friend was going, I have lost consistently each week for seven weeks. The only difference is attending the meetings. If the new plan ends up being more time-consuming to figure out my recipe and food points or weight loss isn't working as well, I'll just keep doing it the way I am now.

stratcat45
11-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I agree DoItThisTime...for years I tried to do WW on my own and always failed. It wasn't until I started attending meetings (with a friend) that I started to see results.

At our meetings, we don't really discuss the plan that much. It's more supportive and sharing then discussing how to calculate the points. I do want to give the new system a try though and if it doesn't work, I'll go back to the old one. But I'll probably continue with meetings either way!

Amy8888
11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Re. the reduced items, at least if you are buying out of season clothing you are well aware that it's reduced because it's out of season, it is quite clearly the old colours, fleece jackets in summer time and only in sizes 8, 12 and 22. WW did not put up the reason why their materials went on sale, sometimes (in the UK at least) they do sales at certain key seasonal times such as early January to encourage more members. If you think you have just got a great deal on some materials you wouldn't have chosen to afford only to find out they knew the materials were about to become obselete and you didn't then there's a certain right to be :mad: about that.

Really? I knew this change was coming. Our leader mentioned it very briefly about a month ago, just said they had a meeting the previous Sunday and she said big changes were coming. Then she brought it up every week since then (no details, just letting us know). Based on the rumors I've been hearing and yes, even in the WW magazine, I stayed after one meeting to make sure I knew the exact date the changes would be discussed so I wouldn't miss the meeting due to holiday travel.

I really don't know how a true WWer would not know why everything is on sale. They even completely revamped our meeting room last week, from the moment you walk in (where they sell the products) to the layout of the meeting itself. I did think it was funny though, I got to the meeting a little earlier than usual last Saturday and a woman who apparently never attends the meetings, just weighs in and leaves, was commenting to the receptionist about the great sales going on. I wanted to tell her "yeah, because the points values are going to be different in a few weeks, idiot" but that was not my place. :)

And really, it's not like the food that is on sale suddenly goes BAD when the Points re-calculation takes place. They'll just be like any other food you buy at the store that is not pre-labeled with Points, you have to do the work yourself using the nutritional label required to be printed on food. And if you're someone who is not on WW but you buy WW supermarket foods, then do you really care if the points value is being recalculated?

Thanks for the reminder though, I really should stock up on SmartOnes if they are on sale!

Amy8888
11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
At our meetings, we don't really discuss the plan that much. It's more supportive and sharing then discussing how to calculate the points. I do want to give the new system a try though and if it doesn't work, I'll go back to the old one. But I'll probably continue with meetings either way!

When I first joined WW the meetings were almost always about Points, and I think at the time, as a new WW member, that was useful for me. (Ever notice how the new members seem way more focused on perfectly calculating Points than the older ones?). I quit WW a few months after joining that first time because I was moving and dealing with a bunch of crazy stuff.

When I rejoined I found a new leader and she has been amazing. I think we discuss Points occasionally but it's never the focus of a meeting. (Tracking may be a focus, but not "let's discuss the Points value of every food you eat"). She gets really deep into emotional eating, the root causes of overeating, even the long-term benefits of exercising (her mom is currently in a nursing home due to complications of diabetes and she uses this example as a good reason to exercise way more than she discusses earning Activity Points as a motivator).

My point is, if you have a great leader you can benefit from attending even if you never intend to count Points (although counting really helps). I did not count points in October due to a lot of travel and I managed to maintain my weight loss the entire month. I really think that was because the lessons were sinking in. I was starting to see the big picture of effective weight loss and management...to really think about why I was eating. I don't think I could have managed a more intuitive approach to eating for a whole month if I stuck with that first leader, I would have probably just thought well, I can't count this month so I might as well stuff my face.

I am definitely looking forward to the new plan. I was apprehensive at first but I really could use that "new member feeling" right now. I think with the insights I've had about the bigger picture of weight loss, this will be a good way to re-think the details.

Granmums
11-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Just came back from my meeting. New weight watchers program will begin 29th of Nov 2011. My coach has given a few hints ...she did the new program last week and lost two pounds...she also stopped us from buying the Complete Food Companion and Eating Out Companion and told us that she gave us to much info with that one, but didn't want us to lose the money....hmmmmmm. Yes, they signed a confidentiality form. Oh well...long as we are still losing we can wait. Good luck all.

fillupthesky
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
hey everyone-

i do WWonline, and i'm wondering how this will affect those of us who do not attend meetings...anyone heard of anything? i'm assuming they'll be some kind of tutorial, but i'm not sure.

also, if you have recipes stored on your acct online, will the point values be adjusted?

i'm looking forward to see what they have to offer this time around.

thanks in advance!

MrsBonsai
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
The info the WW blog posted today said:

Will those of us who subscribe to Weight Watchers Online get all the new info? Do we have to do anything?
When you log on to the site on November 29th, we will walk you through the new program, step by step. There will also be guides, videos, and games to help you have a successful transition to the new program.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the recipes you stored, will have to be reconfigured or reentered by you. The old points were based on calories, fat, and fiber. The new points are based on protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber. So seeing as the recipe builder doesn't have the info on specific items you have entered, you will probably need to rebuild.

MrsBonsai
11-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Have to admit, I'm stoked! :carrot: The UK WW boards have a lot of posts with people posting weight losses of around or above 5 pounds for their first week on the new plan, while eating all their new points plus the weekly points! They actually said that it looks like those who at their weekly points lost more than those who just ate their daily points.

Anyone else go and read through the boards there?

MrsBonsai
11-16-2010, 09:31 PM
http : / / community DOT babycenter DOT com / post / a25107987 / propoints_-_a_sneak_peek_for_you_from_nz

Hi everyone
I'm not sure if our plans will be exactly the same (I'm in NZ), but our propoints got launched today so I thought I'd share the blurb that was on my tracker - I'm an online member. I'm having a look through now and it looks great!
Sorry if any of this information is old-hat, but I wanted to share in case there is something here that wasnt known as yet.

There's more if you want to read it. :)

fillupthesky
11-17-2010, 02:17 AM
thanks for the info :)
i just hope they dont wipe out my recipe so i can have it to re-enter...lol

spryng
11-17-2010, 06:30 AM
thanks for the link! here is the australia/new zealand ww site and it has a propoints thread so there is lots of information there too if you are interested, I just finished devouring every word and I'm soooo excited for this new plan to be unveiled to us as well! :)

http://www.weightwatchers.co.nz/community/mbd/index.aspx

pageta
11-17-2010, 08:01 AM
also, if you have recipes stored on your acct online, will the point values be adjusted?

If you entered the recipes using ingredients they had in the system, the points should be automatically adjusted for you. If you entered any ingredients manually by telling it the calories, fat and fiber, you will probably need to re-enter those ingredients with the new values in order for the points score to be accurate.

MrsBonsai
11-17-2010, 10:25 AM
thanks for the info :)
i just hope they dont wipe out my recipe so i can have it to re-enter...lol

In the replies on that link, it said they left all the recipes in there. And what they did instead, is if you used the WW entered ingredients for your list, it automatically converted. And if you entered an ingredient yourself, it will prompt you for the remaining info needed to figure out the ingredient.

Did anyone else notice the note regarding sugar free items? I don't use sugar substitutes anyway, as they give me a headache. But I thought it was interesting that they want you to use WW's calculations on those items because they add in the sugar alcohols in the calculations, and we don't have that ability with the calculators.

MrsBonsai
11-17-2010, 10:27 AM
thanks for the link! here is the australia/new zealand ww site and it has a propoints thread so there is lots of information there too if you are interested, I just finished devouring every word and I'm soooo excited for this new plan to be unveiled to us as well! :)

Thank you :D

I'm really excited too! :D

McKenziesmomma
11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
:wave: Hi all! I am still in the process of going through all 7 pages of this thread and reading so if any of what I'm about to say is a repeat I am sorry.

My WW leader won't say much. She has hinted that if you like fruit that you will love the changes. I have heard her say she will have to calculate for us how many points we will get for each day and that it will change from what it is now. She said that the way points for foods are calculated will be changing, and she said that the old calculators will be no good; however, she did say WW was going to sell the new calculators at "cost" to current members for a couple of weeks. She said it would be $7.00. She also said alot of the WW companion books will be at a lower cost for a few weeks.

Hope this helps.

I have been with WW for about 5 weeks now. I love it, and I'm excited to find out about the change.

spryng
11-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Yeah I keep finding myself reading the weight watchers uk boards now, they have been on the plan for about a month and alot are seeing some great losses! Fruit is definitely free, even bananas and most all veggies are free except corn, potatoes etc.. my leader said to bring 10 bucks for the new calculator so I guess the prices are different even within the states. I already have it though on my phone, if you have a droid smart phone of any kind it's called Ultimate Point Calculator and it's free and it has both the version we are doing right now and the new propoints version which is kinda cool to play with until we switch, will give you an idea of what is going up in points soon.

Joycelyn
11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
spryng, I'm wondering if you have the right calculator. In Europe the plan is called Propoints, but here in the States it is called Pointsplus.

Some of the new Progresso soups have the new Pointsplus food values on the label. Folks are saying the points values have doubled.

spryng
11-20-2010, 07:03 AM
yeah it's the UK calculator but they should be calculating the same, it goes off of protein, carbs, fat and fiber now and that is what the one on my phone does.. I think the plans will be the same except for the name :) and yes on things that are more fatty or carb laden lots of things have gone up, but our pts are going up too so honestly from what I've read it about even's out. I'm not a big fruit eater so the free fruit doesn't interest me much but overall the plan sounds great and I can't wait to try it :)

mybaskett
11-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I have tried WW several times. Carbs have always been my biggest problem. On the plan I was always concerned about the calories and the carbs. Focusing on all things minus calories is exciting to me. I can't wait untill November 28th.

Rebecca Jo
11-20-2010, 11:06 AM
I understand that there is a slight difference in the calculator we will have and the one in the UK - both use protein, carbs, fat and fiber. But the NI on food packages in the UK is not exactly the same as here - some difference in the calculation of carbs and fiber. So the calculators are slightly different to adjust for that. How much difference that will make in points, I have no idea. Might be zero.

I got that from what I "think" is a reliable source, but I have no proof that it's accurate :)

MrsBonsai
11-20-2010, 02:13 PM
You can read through the US Patent office, and find that yes they did use slightly different calculations.

put all that w stuff in front, and the all the DOT for .

Remove returns etc . . .

google DOT com/patents/

about?id=467NAAAAEBAJ&dq=weight+watchers+calculator

MrsBonsai
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Cool beans! The NZ boards posted a menu :)

Needs the w's, and . for DOT etc

weightwatchers DOT com DOT

au/images/3081/dynamic/GCMSImages/AU_MealPlan.pdf

spryng
11-21-2010, 09:05 AM
that is good to know about the calculators! I will download a new one once it launches here then :) Still counting down the days! One week from today!! :)

QuilterInVA
11-21-2010, 11:37 AM
The formula for our PointsPlus is in the patent. I goggled and found it - had to wade through a lot of legaleze but I work for an attorney. I tried it and the UK calculator and came out the same on the foods I tried. It's going to be a shock for carb lovers. Me not so much - I'm a meat, veggies, fruit and dairy girl because I am wheat sensitive.

spryng
11-22-2010, 05:00 AM
thanks susan! nice to know the new calculator I downloaded is accurate then, I won't have to worry about getting another one next week :)

Joycelyn
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
We've been told by testers on the official WW board that Propoints calculation is DIFFERENT than the Pointsplus calc we'll be using in the U.S.

In the U.K. food labels are different. On U.K. food labels fiber is automatically subtracted from carbs before the carb number is put on the label. In addition, the fiber is listed separately. That makes for a different, although similar, calculation than ours.

Hope this helps. Food labels differ from country to country, thus the differences in calculations, but I've read that Weight Watchers is FINALLY STANDARDIZED throughout the world. Yipee!! We'll all figure fats, carbs, proteins and fiber. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverose1209
11-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Can anyone tell me how sweet potatoes will be? Are they not free? If not are they high point?

spryng
11-23-2010, 05:22 AM
no they won't be free, a regular potato on the new plan is around 6-8 pts so that might give you an idea of what the sweet potato will be. I think 90% of veggies will be free but not potatos or corn etc..

Joycelyn
11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
All potatoes, corn and peas count. Maybe parsnips too. I'm not sure on that one.

But winter squash, including pumpkin is free. Finally. I've always loved butternut squash but rarely ate it because I didn't want to point it.

Finally, all fruits and most veg are free. This will be the best WW plan yet.

ckatgo
11-24-2010, 07:21 AM
I could not get the link to work on Mrs. Bonzai's post, can someone please post the actual link for me?

thanks

This looks like a very good plan, I just started and may wait until the new plan comes out.

MrsBonsai
11-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I could not get the link to work on Mrs. Bonzai's post, can someone please post the actual link for me?

thanks

This looks like a very good plan, I just started and may wait until the new plan comes out.

I have over 25 posts now and can actually post the links. Just tell me which one and I can repost it. :)

oppscdaizy
11-27-2010, 12:45 PM
I wonder how this is going to affect my points? I start new points on Saturday. Is it going to recalculate what I've already put in online? If so it's hard to calculate for the next two days. Maybe they'll start everyone fresh on Monday?

Koshka
11-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I am not sure. For stuff you enter that is not from their database I feel sure they can't recalculate since they need info you haven't supplied such as grams of carbs and protein (if what I've read is right).

For stuff in their database, I'm not sure.

In my case, I'm going to carefully record separately the nutritional information on what I eat today and tomorrow (although I'm thinking to go to Sunday morning meeting to get materials) and then when the online version comes out on Monday (which is where I track points) then putting everything in for Saturday and Sunday.

Another alternative is to just change to start your week on Monday (Prorating weekly points) and then when Saturday gets here change to a Saturday start.

me4life
11-28-2010, 09:36 AM
if its like the propoints plan it says the typical female will get 29 points and 49 anytime points and the daily points will never go below that level.

i joined online but will be starting tommorrow and it says on there that it will be released online tommorrow and in meetings today

Koshka
11-28-2010, 01:28 PM
That is correct on the number of points. That is the one thing that concerns me. I still have 50 pounds to lose and my points will never go down. That doesn't seem quite right to me but we'll see.

melrmm99
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I am new to this. I used weight watchers for a while but I never signed up for the meetings or anything. I bought the books and all of the info on ebay and I was wondering about the new Weight Watchers 2011 info. I want to join Weight Watchers on-line and I and since I have never done it before, so I was wondering when I sign up will I get the books and info from weight watchers with the membership or will I have to purchase them separately?
Any bit of info would help......thank you :?:

me4life
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
you don't get books online but all the info is there plus you always have the message board on there

melrmm99
11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Thank you for the info me4life :)

JuliaReese
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I think if you are a member, when you go in to weigh during the week it launches you'll get a new calculator/slider and a start up book. That is what they did when they introduced the core plan. I like the idea of a new plan, but I rely heavily on my old weight watchers cookbooks...I guess I'll just have to go thru my favorite ones and favorite recipes and redo the points. It rolls out in Canada December 6th.

skyootr
11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
ok - so any of you in the US have you checked out the new plan online?
I'm wondering how you figure out your daily points allowance on the new plan... on the old plan I get 24 pts per day.....

I'm in Canada and they aren't launching the new program till our meeting next week... but I think you guys in the US have access to it today!

anyways if anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it!

Koshka
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
There is a questionaire when you log in. If your ticker is right you are likely going to be at 29 daily points though. I'm at 196.8 and am 5'4" and get 29 points and that is the minimum.

If you go to meetings when you weigh in they give you your points. I went to a meeting Sunday and got my points there but also got it online since I do recording online.

skyootr
11-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks Koshka! I was just curious as we won't get our new materials till next week at the meeting - Canada is a week behind the USA in rolling out the program!! but thanks for the info!

ATXchic924
11-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with logging in to the weight watcher website? I am not able to access my account to add my points for the day. :( I have my meeting tomorrow so I assume they are hiding the website from me till then.

I hope this new point system is something I will be able to do. I like weight watchers because it is almost effortless. I wont like it as much if I it is more work.

Koshka
11-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Trying clearing your cache.

So far the program doesn't seem like more work except that you do have to calculate the new points. I'm sure that as time goes on I will remember foods that I eat a lot so I think it will be fine.

Dawn415
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Can you order books, points calculators, and food scales online on the WW online site?

I am not seeing them but I haven't joined yet either.

Dawn

you don't get books online but all the info is there plus you always have the message board on there

misscoffee
11-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Has anyone checked out Wiki? They posted the new calculation for the US ProPoints. Just google Weight Watchers Wiki.

I'm wondering if it works for most items?

I'd love to know my daily points allowance.
I'm 5'8" female and I weight 180 at the moment, looking to weight 165.
Anyone got some tips on that?

MrsBonsai
11-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Has anyone checked out Wiki? They posted the new calculation for the US ProPoints. Just google Weight Watchers Wiki.

I'm wondering if it works for most items?

I'd love to know my daily points allowance.
I'm 5'8" female and I weight 180 at the moment, looking to weight 165.
Anyone got some tips on that?

I need your age.

misscoffee
11-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Oops, I'm 25 ;)

Is there an online calculator yet for this? Or an easier formula? I'm in dire need for more information of this plan and Canada is keeping us out of the loop until who knows when. I called a couple centers in my province and they were not willing to say when the official date was for the release of PointPlus.

fillupthesky
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
That is correct on the number of points. That is the one thing that concerns me. I still have 50 pounds to lose and my points will never go down. That doesn't seem quite right to me but we'll see.

this was a good point- if you have more weight to lose, what happens? anyone talk to a leader about this? (i do WW online)

skyootr
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
misscoffee - I'm in Canada too - BC and they are releasing the program on Monday I am told (my meeting is Tuesday and we will have all the new info/books etc. available at that time...
I've been told at the info will also be available online for us starting Sunday... so we shall see!

misscoffee
12-01-2010, 12:21 PM
misscoffee - I'm in Canada too - BC and they are releasing the program on Monday I am told (my meeting is Tuesday and we will have all the new info/books etc. available at that time...
I've been told at the info will also be available online for us starting Sunday... so we shall see!

I surely hope so. I wanted to simply purchase the materials, and they wouldn't let me unless I signed up... so I guess I'll have to buy a WW calculator and Food Companion off eBay or something.

It's terrible how non-accommodating they are, when I called the 1-886 number - wow! So rude!

QuilterInVA
12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
You are saying WW is rude for not selling you products when you aren't a member? That was a lot of nerve to even go to get them. It is corporate policy that if you aren't a member you can only buy food products. They don't give you the program for free or for buying a few tools.

happycamper4
12-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Join if you want material. It is well worth it. This is a great program and I love it. Following it for two days I can tell you that I am not hungry and you get plenty of daily points and lots of weekly points.

I know I have a lot more to learn but change is good and this was a good one.

meryem
12-03-2010, 06:06 AM

ducktape54
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I am surprised how much I like the new plan. I was scared to see the new changes and that I would not find anything to eat that was not a lot points. I don't like most fruits and veggies. But I really do like the program so far

MaryL
12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
The Australian? New Zealand WW have a free month trail at the moment

donna0120
03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know about the new WW plan for 2011? I heard they are totally revamping the plan. Free fruits and veg, and a different way of calculating points. If this is true, I am very excited about it.

Has anyone heard anything in their meetings? The receptionist at my meeting did give me the heads up, but no info.

I've lost 70 lbs with W.W......Iv'e kept it off for almost 6 years.
The new program.....not so sure about it yet. I'm up a few pounds and I'm having a hard time adjusting....still in the "testing" stage for me.