General Diet Plans and Questions - Silly question

View Full Version : Silly question

saggzz
08-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I am just going to ask it anyway.

If I ate 3500 extra calories to gain one pound, would it show up on the scale immediately the next day? Or would it show up a few days later?

The reason I asked this is b/c I went out to dinner last night. I had some bread, 2 glasses of wine, a few bites of hubbies dessert and I am up 2.8 pounds today. Now, I know some of that is water retention from the wine etc, as I know I did not eat enough calories to gain 2 pounds. So, that just got me thinking that if I really did sit down and consume 3500 extra calories would I see it the next morning on the scale?

Lori259
08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Good question~I know I eat whatever I want too without counting every THANKSGIVING ~Proboly 7000 caloires or so ~for just that day~Just a free day so I am not sufferring throughout the holiday ~LOL Anyways I did notice I weighed about 2 to 3 pounds over for only about 1 week then it was right back to where I was & losing again~but I honestly really aint sure!
I have those moments monthly though Gains near tom Of month or if I eat different foods ~I see changes even if I am within my calories still~so several things can do it~but I would just say to stay on plan & Forget about the higher amounts of calories u consumed last night & weight will be back to normal & dropping again in no time! Just do not continue that way cause the gain would stick.

STAY COOL today saggzz~Another hot one here in OHIO for us today looks like!
HUGS*