Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/150/120

Height: 5"4

Smile i cant help it that i want to get skinny fast..but the right way!

I want to loose 8lbs-10 lbs a month (2-2.5 lbs/week) does anyone think that is excessive..i think 2lb or 2.5 a week is fair...im eating right (good nutritious food, small portion several times a day) and exercising daily...is my goal reasonable?
Ladybugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'0

it doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Thats actually what i'm striving for myself! Keep up the good work!!
Pandabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Its not unreasonable, no. 1-2 lbs of weight loss is pretty standard for a week's loss. If you're eating enough nutritious calories and working out a reasonable amount, then its possible.

However, you don't have a ton of weight to lose so it may be a little bit slower than you might like. Why don't you focus on a time goal, rather than a weight goal? Commit to going to the gym three days a week for a month. Or eating on-plan every day, no matter what comes up. That way, no matter what the scale says at the end of the month, you know you committed and stuck to something
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

2lbs-2.5lbs a week at 150/5'4 is actually not realistic, unless you plan on losing a lot of muscle as well.

If you weighed more, say 200lbs or 250lbs, then it would not be much of a problem as you would have a great deal more of body fat to lose, but not at 150lbs.

Keep a consistent calorie deficit and 1lb per week is a lot more reasonable.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i agree with sacha

at 5 4, and at aroun 140 is (give or take a few) im LUCKY to lose 2 pounds a MONTH. Thats eating very low calories.. BUT everyone is different. If this isyour first time dieting, it will be much easir/faster. Ive chronically undereaten/overtrained for a while now, so im all messed up
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'm 5'5'' and 140 lbs. I lost weight
fast at 160 but now that I'm thinner
it's become harder to lose weight. Don't
stress yourself over it.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/150/120

Height: 5"4

Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate it
Ladybugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

It's definitely harder to lose weight the thinner you get! Pounds may drop at first, but it will slow up big time as you get nearer to your goal.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

The only thing you can predict/control is whether or not you will be consistent with your eating and exercise plan. How many pounds you lose per month, every month would be impossible to foresee. The pounds will come off in whatever manner they're going to come off in.

In the scope of your life, it won't matter much if you hit your *goal* in 3 months or 6.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I think at your height and weight, that is an overly ambitious goal.

One of the pitfalls of setting a goal that is very hard to achieve is that if you fall short, you may get discouraged and give up altogether. Maybe not -- maybe you can set a 2-lb goal and if you lose 1 you'll think, "Hey, that's great, not as much as I wanted, but in the right direction!" But too often people severely restrict their calories, exercise to exhaustion, and then get frustrated when they don't lose as much as they hoped. Or, (perhaps more likely) they simply can't keep up with the extreme food plan + exercise routine and give up before they see any results one way or another.

From April 9 to July 8 I lost 14 pounds. That's about a pound a week. Let me tell you, it felt fast. Almost every time I stepped on the scale, it was moving in the right direction. At your height and weight, every pound makes a difference. In just a couple pounds, your jeans are looser. A few more and you're down a size. And just like RockinRobin said, this is a change you are making for the rest of your life. Sure, it would be nice for it to happen tomorrow... but if takes a little longer . You have many years to enjoy the fruits of your labor!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #11  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

I read the first post and the second and thought WOW one can actually lose that in a month, I looked at the height and weight also immediatly thinking I was doing something wrong as I am pretty close to that height and weight. THEN everyone else chimed in and I felt better, I am only losing about a 1lb a week and have been very frustrated but now I know why.

I am just an impatient I want to lose it all yesterday and be done with it. Thank you for posting this and keep moving forward, time will tell your success but patience is necissary.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
The only thing you can predict/control is whether or not you will be consistent with your eating and exercise plan. How many pounds you lose per month, every month would be impossible to foresee. The pounds will come off in whatever manner they're going to come off in.

In the scope of your life, it won't matter much if you hit your *goal* in 3 months or 6.
Yes, definitely I agree with this! There is no predicting weight loss and in my case, when I tried, it was nothing but a set up to fail. Plan to be consistent because you can't plan to lose X pounds by X date. But even if the scale doesn't show big losses, your measuring tape just may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing It 2010 View Post
I read the first post and the second and thought WOW one can actually lose that in a month, I looked at the height and weight also immediatly thinking I was doing something wrong as I am pretty close to that height and weight. THEN everyone else chimed in and I felt better, I am only losing about a 1lb a week and have been very frustrated but now I know why.

I am just an impatient I want to lose it all yesterday and be done with it. Thank you for posting this and keep moving forward, time will tell your success but patience is necissary.
Don't sweat it! You are doing great and your body is responding exactly as it is supposed to, whatever that may mean for you.

Weight loss is so much about patience.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/184/144

Height: 5'6

I was losing at least 10 pounds a month for the past 4 months. I wasn't doing anything too extreme. Ate 1200 -1300 calories a day and worked out a few days a week. However being in the 150's has been a whole other story. It it has really slowed down for me. I cant eat any less and the increased toning excersices i'm doing make me soo hungry. But everybodys diffrent so who knows.
ape85 is offline   Reply With Quote