WW Clubs and Groups - #236 Bale of Turtles Setting Labor Day Challenges

Itryharder
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving ech other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Good to see you. My Labor Day Challenge is to be in the 170's. To do that I need to:
1. :tread: at least 4x/week
2. Eat filling foods as more than 75% of my points.
3. Limit my bread servings to 2daily.
4. Drink more water

What ideas do you have to reach your short-term goal?
Judy
234.6/186.6/into the 170's by Labor Day :cool:

Princess1122
08-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday!

Went to Aqua Fit last night - the new gym has opened finally that is super close to my house, same company just a much better location - I checked their class schedule and their Aqua Fit classes are on different night then the other location so i will have to adjust but the one night is the same night as my TOPS so I will have to skip that one. I am so glad they finally opened though as I was not super fond of the drive to the other one.

We had lightening strike a tree in our yard last evening while I was at class... DH was home for it and there was not a ton of damage, it could have been way way worse! This is a HUGE old oak tree that is not in great shape to begin with so I was worried when he called to tell me what had happened but it was not so bad... we have some wood now for the fire pit... LOL. Crazy weather lately for everyone it seems.

Labor Day Challenege:
2-3 classes at the gym per week
Walk at least 2 time per week
Eat within my points
Try and only eat when I am truly hungry and knock off the emotional eating that I tend to do lately.
Lose 5 lbs... I would like more but lets face it... it is not exactly falling off me anymore :D

Judy: Good job with your W/I - anything in the negative is a wonderful thing! Sounds like you are doing really good!

Bandit: How are you doing? Has it cooled off at all for you?

All: Have a great day!

W/I tonight for me... I am sure hoping for something in the negative!!!

CherryAutumn
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry i didnt post yesterday. I gained .4 this week. It could be worse so i will take it. Still feeling stressed but i think it is now getting to a manageable level. I am going to try harder this week and see if i can take any off.:snail::snail::snail: Must keep moving. No Matter How Slow!

Princess1122
08-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Good morning all and happy Friday!

Went to W/I last night but did not stay for the meeting... I was down 2.4 lbs... I was very happy about that but just not feeling well so headed home, had some supper and then went to bed. Better today just the lack of sleep is catching up with me I think and thursdays are hard, I get dehydrated because I don't drink hardly anything compared with what I normally do because of W/I and I eat less during the day... I think is it more the lack of hydration then the food... LOL.

DH and I are going out to eat Saturday night with the family so that should be a good time. We are going to a like Italian place that DS found so I will really have to watch what I order as it is not normally weight loss friendly.

I hope that everyone is doing well, Have to run!

Cherry: I am so happy that you are doing better... I hope it stays that way for you and continues to improve!

Itryharder
08-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Cherry, up .4# is hardly anything and I you're on the right track for this week. You're doing it! Keep up the good work and here's :love: and :goodvibes: for a good week!

Princess, :bravo: :cheers: :balloons: :goodscale: What a great weight loss! This is exactly what you want. Weigh to go! Sorry you didn't feel well, but at least you know the reason. Hey, about the Italian restaurant:
The WW Cheat Sheet shows that one cup of pasta with marinara sauce is 7 points. Vodka sauce on pasta is also 7 points. The trick is to limit it to one cup, but I think those are both pretty good values. A huge salad first, a Diet Coke or seltzer, and a cup of coffee following and you've had a good dinner for not killer points. Good luck and most of all, enjoy!!!!

Bandit, thanks for the wonderful grilled pineapple rings topped with Cool Whip. I would have never thought of that and it sounds yummy.

All goes well here. Looking forward to our luau tomorrow. Then really going ahead in the month, it'll be quiet around here since my dd and her family are taking a vacation in Disney. I will try to get dh to have a nice time away also. we'll see.

Have a great day everyone. It's Friday the 13th., so don't walk under any ladders. LOL

I'm working on my challenge today and will be on the :tread: as soon as dh wakes up.

Judy
234.6/186.6/into the 170's by Labor Day :cool:

Princess1122
08-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone! Had a huge storm come thru here last night... pretty much wiped out the veggie garden... ugh! Lots of work to do to clean it up but more storms expected today...

Heading out to my Aqua Fit class then on to my knitting glass, then to the grocery store... will end the day going out to supper with the family. I will be using Judy's suggestions for my menu picks! Thanks Judy!

Princess1122
08-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday!

Had a nice weekend ... Saturday went well with the exception of DH came down with a flu bug and did go out to dinner with us, he told me that he would be fine and to go without him. The resturant was wonderful and we had a good time.

Sunday morning I decided to try something new, the gym that I go to has cycling/spinning classes and there was one at 9:15 Sunday morning so I thought "why not?" I told myself that if it was way to hard or if I did not like it that I could always leave... but I loved it! I made it through the whole hour and ended up going approx 16 miles - time went fast and it was one heck of a workout! I will be doing that at least once a week.

Friday night we got hit with a terrible storm, lots of flooding and some damage to the yard and garden but over all we were lucky. We are just so flat here that when we get a lot of rain really fast it has no where to go...

How was everyone's weekend? I hope that all is well and that we all have a good week and a fabulous W/I!

Clever Tessa
08-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi Turtles!!!!!

It's good to be home. I actually got home on Tuesday of last week, but the typical chaos ensued and, well, here I am, almost a week later.

I will have to keep this short n' sweet though... I used to be a massage therapist, working in the Napa Valley (yeah, real tough job ;) ) and had to quit because of tendinitis, which lead to trigger finger and carpal tunnel. Well, the tendinitis in my elbowS (yes, both, even being a lefty it's normally my right that's bad) has flared up from something I did (still trying to figure that out) and I alternate between feeling just fine, and feeling like I got whacked on my funny bone, then the fingers go numb - which as you can imagine makes typing interesting :lol: . Such fun! :rolleyes:

I'm outta here right now to go pick up my prescription. Anti-inflammitories, here I come!!!!!! :scooter:

Missed checkin' in with you guys! I'll get caught up and posting soon!

And no, while in California the rabbits did NOT take over my house. :cp: Thank God for small miracles.... I half expected them to have come in, reset my DVR and eat all the food in the fridge.

Toodles for now Turtles,

Tess

life4evr
08-17-2010, 12:54 AM
So I just really started weight watchers, along with my last year of nursing school joy. I am trying to actually trying to exercise this week. Which is my main problem.

Princess1122
08-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all!

I went home yesterday after work and got started on the yard work... started at 4:30 and did not get done till after 8:00, we had a real mess from the storms... I did not get into the veggie garden last night but need to today after work and before my Aqua Fit class, I can see tomatoes, etc that are just screaming to be picked.

Nothing much is new here today... just chugging along. It has been quiet around here lately, hope everyone is well!

Tessa: So glad to see you back! I hope that you had a nice trip and very sorry to hear about your elbows! I have that in my left elbow, have for a long time, it never seems to go away. Hope you feel better soon!

Talk soon!
princess

bandit2
08-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Morning, everyone!

Enjoyed my camping trip with the ladies and overall the weather was great.
Rained abit during the night & then again when we were packing up, but that was it. Swam in lake 2 times & that was great - beautiful beach!
Food was good - but not exactly point friendly but kept snacks under control and we walked lots. So really nice time.

Princess - congrats on the weigh loss, that is fabulous!

Judy - hope your luaua went well

Life4evr - welcome to our group and good luck on this journey.

This week have to do more yard work, have diner cruise Thurs night, my cousin is coming Fri for sleepover at trailer, singles dance Sat night and potluck Sun afternoon & in between visit with my dd. So super busy week.
Will miss my Tops meeting since that is cruise night.

Everyone else - hope you are all doing great on this crazy weigh loss journey.

KimL1214
08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
bandit2~ Glad to hear your camping trip went well! Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up!

Princess1122~ Did you get to your tomatoes?

life4evr~ Exercise is a big problem for me too. Have you come up with any plans to try and help you get your exercise in?

Clever Tessa~ If you had left some porridge out for them, you might have found them sleeping in your bed... Glad to hear California went well!

Itryharder~ How did your luau go?

So my mom's computer is finally working... and I'm trying to get back OP! Goal for today is to avoid the soda and get a walk in!

Itryharder
08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
:welcome3: to life4ever, we're a great group of gals who are persistent, maybe not fast, but persistent weight losers! Tell us a bit more about yourself. I'll fill in next time I post, but right now I'm in a big hurry!

Hi to all the Turtles,
Luau went great----having ds and his younger kids here has been hectic and challenging as far as food. I'll post later, but wanted to say hello.
WI tomorrow won't be great, but that's okay. I know the reason. Good to see lots of us chiming in. I think it was a very busy weekend for most of us.

Judy
234.6/186.6/170's by Labor Day :cool:

life4evr
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
@KimL1214 no I am working on a plan now. I am hoping after the first week of class my schedule settles down I can make that exercise and a better sleep schedule. My eating today has been horrible.

Princess1122
08-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all!

I made it to Aqua Fit last night, the water was soooo cold! I mean really?!?!?! would it kill them to turn the heat up just a bit?!?!? Ugh... no matter what move she called out I just kept jogging really fast, it was the only way I could stay in the water for a solid hour... LOL. The instructor just kind of looked at me funny when it came to the "cool down" part because I just kept jogging like there was no tomorrow... no flippin way was I going to "cool down" I was already a freeze pop just bobbing around! Oh well, I made it through! I may have to rearrange my schedule though and only do that once a week and the cycling/spinning twice a week, I just can not handle the cold like that.

Tonight I am meeting my boss and another co-worker for a "Team-Meeting" at a resturant down in a trendy section of the city for dinner... it should be fun. We are the only women on our team so we will do the girlie thing tonight and then go out with the whole team for lunch or something at a later date. I am a bit worried about eating out twice in between W/I's but I am sure that it will all work out, I will just try and make the best choice possible.

Judy: So glad to hear that your luau went well! I'll bet you worked your tail off making sure that everyone had a great time... I hope that you get some down time now to relax.

Bandit: Wow you are super busy lately! That is fantastic though! Have a great time on your dinner cruise, I would love to hear all about it when you get a chance.

Life4evr: Exercising is tough! My best suggestion is find something that you love to do, or at least like a lot, and start there... what ever it is - just find one thing that you can make time for and that you don't dread doing and work at that. There are some DVD's from Leslie Samson (sp?) called "Walk away the pounds" It is a great way to fit walking in at home on your own schedule and the time goes by really fast on those... just a thought.

Kim: I am sure that you will get back on track before you know it! Have you started back to school yet?

Tessa: How are you doing? It is hard coming back from vacation and getting back into the swing of things... Glad to hear the bunnies behaved while you were gone :D

Cherry: What is new with you?

I have to run but have a great day all!

Itryharder
08-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh, I meant to mention that I ordered Jeneen Roth's book, Women, Food, and God and I've started reading it. Princess, how do you like it so far?
Has anyone else read it? It's starting out a little odd, and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Judy

Princess1122
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Judy: I have started reading it but am only a few pages in because I have a book that I need to finish and get back to the library ASAP... I hope to get more into it once I get the other book completed. I agree though, it does start out kind of odd...

CherryAutumn
08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry i didn't get to post lately. Welcome Life4ever to the group. It is good to see everyone posting. Official weigh in on Wed. was 239.8 so i was down 1.6 this week. Right now i just keep yo-yoing between the same weights. At least i am on the lower end right now. The stress has kind of sky rocketed this week. My father in-law had to have a triple by-pass and it is genetic. It is very scary. I also have heart disease on both sides of my family. With three small children we have got to get our acts together. Sorry for the vent.

Itryharder
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, Venting is what it's all about. I know for me, if I vent, then I don't eat or stuff those bad feelings and frights into me with food. I am so happy you've lost weight this week. :goodscale:

I've got a challenging evening coming up----out to dinner once again. We are taking a df out for her birthday. I'm planning on eating something filling here, getting on the :tread: before I go, and watching the points carefully. I've got 14 left and I should be able to get something good with those points.

I am gearing up to knock off some of this fluff weight from my ds's visit and I know I can do it. :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to us all.
Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor Day :cool:

Princess1122
08-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh my word! I have been trying to get on here all day! Not sure what is going on or even if this will actually post... LOL.

Wednesday, right after I posted here last, I started to feel really cruddy, by lunch time Wednesday I had the full blown flu! DH had it last week, guess I caught it. Was out of work yesterday too but back today.

I will stop back tomorrow and see if they have this site up and running faster, will post more later.

KimL1214
08-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Princess1122~ YIKES! I hope you're feeling better!!! School starts on the 26th, can't wait as it means a steady income, PLUS a schedule!

Itryharder~ How was your evening?

CherryAutumn~ Don't be sorry for venting, it sounds like you have good reason to be a lil stressed... Lots of :hug::hug::hug:

life4evr~ How are you doing?

So... fly by... Been crazy busy as I have an INSANELY long day tomorrow! The group my mom sings with is singing the National Anthem for the Bo Sox game at Fenway tomorrow... and I'm GOING!!! I'm a lil psyched... if you're a New Englander, check out NESN as she'll be on there... and you might see me being a lil psycho excited somewhere in the stands!!! I'll check back in on Sunday! Have a great weekend!!!

Princess1122
08-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Am I the only one that is having trouble getting on this site and also getting messages posted? I was not able to get on here at all when I was at work Friday, at least at home I am able to get on eventually. Oh well... maybe it is "user error" LOL.

So I never made it to W/I on Thursday due to not feeling well so i am not exactly sure where I am right now... and my TOM seems to be very off track, it is coming like every two weeks so that is not helping, not sure what is going on there, will track it and if it does not correct itself I will call my doctor I guess.

Kim: I sure understand what the whole "schedule" means to keeping us on track and moving forward... LOL, funny how that works! I hope that getting back into the swing of things goes really smoothly for you!

Cherry: So sorry that things are stressful for you right now... I do understand how that can impact you, I know it does me. Best wishes!

Bandit: How are you doing? How was the dinner cruise?

Judy: How are you doing? How was the evening out with df? It sounds like you planned well for it, good job!

Tessa: What is new with you? Are you getting back into post-vacation life? Ugh, never fun but it always comes to that ;)

Thinking about heading to a spinning class, not sure I feel up to it so will just have to see.

Have a great weekend!

Itryharder
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi Turtles,
Yes, I had trouble getting online at www.3fatchicks.com too! Crazy.

Life4evr, good to have you with us. How are you doing? I've heard some gals like to pull a daily switch of exercise. For example, Monday Zumba,
Tuesday, walking, etc. You get it. I've downloaded freebies from my DVR and Netflix. I also bought a DVD at WW's for under $10. It's for beginners and I like the toning part. They've got at least 5 different routines and that would be a nice change-up. Good luck with anything you try. I usually have to fight my procrastination to start, but once exercising, I do okay. :tread: :swim:

Princess, had trouble with the site too. Not just you! TOM woes. It sounds like you are ready to head into menopause, but this can't be fun.
Sorry you got the flu, but glad you're feeling better. We're just now starting to get a few ripe tomatoes. It looks like we might get a nice crop this year.

KimL, $ and a routine because of school. All good things! Gosh, I've never known anyone who sang at a baseball game. This is a wonderful honor for your mom and her group. And what a thrill for you to be able to watch it! Have a wonderful time. Moments like these really uplift your life.

Cherry, here's a :grouphug: and :love: to you. Yes, it's kind of tricky. When I was young, I wanted to be thinner because I wanted to look better. Now it's a matter of health, and quite frankly living longer in a fit way. I think it might help to be determined in what you want to do, do the baby steps, and take deep breaths when the stress threatens to get to you. You can do this and we're all with you!!!! :goodvibes: :cheer:

Tessa, how are you doing? I'm looking forward to your next entry here!
:cheers:

Bandit, how are you? Holy moly, you have had a great summer! You know how to have fun!

My night out with dh and df for her birthday went very well. The menu changed at the pub we went to for dinner. Believe it or not, they had a roasted turkey sandwich on a club roll with French fries. I was able to substitute brocoli for the fries. All of a sudden, I used hardly any points. I remembered that unsweetened iced tea is a good substitute for Diet Coke, and I had a couple of bites of the birthday desserts the others ordered. Very proud of myself. Then Friday, which should have been easy, turned into a mess. My dept. store had a snafu with the payment we made, it turned into nonsense and craziness and my poor dh needed a buttered roll as a treat-----and I had one too. The rest of the day didn't go any better. Everywhere we turned, our luck went south----ugh! And because of the stress I overate. Good thing was we avoided ordering a pizza for the two of us. Kids are coming to :swim: today and I've got the food planned and it should work out okay. I'm rambling, so I'll say so long for now. Take it easy and do well. I'm still aiming for a good Labor Day result.

Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor Day! :cool:

life4evr
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi. I am back. Not so good of a day for eating. But other than that I am doing okay. The first week of school is over for me thank goodness. Who knew being a full time student again could be so stressful.

Labor day weekend we have a family gathering not to mention a family gathering the week before so I am going to try not to overdue my eating on those days.

Princess1122
08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Good afternoon Turtles... Just got back from the state fair, over all I did pretty good on my eating, I was not really very hungry though.

We had a horrible night here last night/early this morning... my old dog, her name was Cheena and she was a mixed breed dog that I had since she was 8 weeks old - she was going to turn 17 years old this October... well she went into convulsions last night at about 2:00 AM - we rushed her to a 24 hour animal hospital but there was little that could be done with a dog her age, they felt that something was causing her to have continuous strokes. Rather then watch her suffer we opted to have her put to sleep. She was my very best friend for over 16 years... She had a wonderful life and I feel blessed that she shared it with me.

I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

I will hop on tomorrow morning and see what is going on in the turtle world but for now I am going to sign off and take a nap.

Itryharder
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I'm so sorry about your dog. I am so happy that Cheena was able to be with you for so long and I'm sorry it couldn't have been longer.
You did the right thing, but this has to be sad. :grouphug: and :hug:

I'm sending :goodvibes: to us all.
Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor DAy :cool:

life4evr
08-23-2010, 03:32 PM
I am looking at my class schedule and the schedule at my gym. Trying to plan everything. Which isn't so great for me i am not a big planner. But I seem to have caught a cold or something.

bandit2
08-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi turtle:

Princess - I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Cheena - hope you are getting through this. You take care of youself and get some rest.

Been busy up here and had great weekend overall. Boat cruise was really nice, had a hot buffet and I tried to make best choices - but I did have a glass of wine as well.

Hope you all have a great week.

Princess1122
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Ugh, it has taken me forever to get on this site again... I try at work but never seem to manage to actually get very far.

Food has been pretty good so far this week... I have some fish in the oven and will make some rice and a vegetable on the side for supper tonight. I am still fighting this cold/flu thing, I was feeling pretty good this morning but not so great this afternoon so I think I will pass on the gym and just get a good nights sleep.

Thanks so much for everyones well wishes on Cheena, she was a good old girl and I am sure she is in a much better place now.

Bandit: The cruise sounds wonderful! You are the busy gal these days... LOL, that is a great thing!

Judy: It sounds like the dinner with your friend went really well and you did great... the next day, well, we all have those! Don't beat yourself up about it... I am sure that you did not do any damage and will back on track by now!

Kim: Colds are going around, me and my family have one right now and lots of people at work are coughing! Ugh, feel better soon!

bandit2
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone:

Princess - glad you are taking care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon.

Tonight going to movies to see Eat, Pray, Love (read the book last year and at first found it hard to get into) so hoping it will be more entertaining.
BUt, popcorn for dinner - I might try to pass on that, but that usually doesn't happen. Thurs night going 10 pin bowling with the ladies - that is lots of fun and has to be some exercise since by the end of it I usually am tired and arms sore. Then Friday going into Toronto to get my hair done and spend day with my daughter, so looking forward to that.

Eating has not been great. I thought last summer was tough since we had no meetings, but this year is same & I have had meetings with my new chapter. I have this thing about not throwing stuff out - have to eat up any leftovers and with buying extra things for company at my trailer, I have been overdoing it for sure. And extra patio drinks doesn't help. So, I really have to smarten up and get with my programme.

Enough complaining - hope everyone is doing better than me with their menus.

Have a great Tuesday.

Itryharder
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
hi Turtles,
Bandit, I get it about company and having food in the house and not wanting to waste it, etc. I ran into trouble with food on Sat. for our BBQ. Dh made more burgers than needed and instead of throwing them out, I allowed the leftovers to get eaten----by me! Not good. Since all my kids have put on weight and are all watching what they eat, even my angelfood cake with pineapple didn't go---and again I found myself eating way more than I should. I do better with this all at times, and then relapse. I think it's all part of the getting closer to normal weight regime and I'm not beating myself up over it. Had Chinese food at dd's last night and we split a broccoli and beef dish for four points and I had 1/2cup rice for 2 points, so that was all good.
I just finished reading Geneen Roth's Food Women and God. It's quite interesting and I'll need to read it again. She has eating guidelines at the end of the book that are so simple (but not easy) and I'm thinking about them a lot. I have gotten to the stage (for the most part) when I eat when I'm hungry and I try not to eat when I'm satisfied.
Well, good luck and :goodvibes: to us all. Be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/?/into the 170's by Labor DAy :cool:

Princess1122
08-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Good afternoon everyone! another day that I was unable to get online to this site at work... ugh! I always start my day off posting here and it is really throwing me off not being able to ... <stamps foot!> I read some where that is has something to do with the soy joy advertisement that is running up at the top of the page but not sure if that is true or not.

Anyway... food was not great today, eating due to stress but that is no excuse. W/I on Thursday will not be wonderful but I will keep trying. I am still struggling with the cold symptoms so I have not been to the gym this week.

Judy: So sorry that you are struggling... I hope it gets better. The book is better once I got into it a bit more... am about half way through it so I am eager to see what the guidelines are.

Bandit: I am eager to hear what you have to say about that movie... I tried to read the book a while back but never could get into it so put it on the shelf and thought I would go back to it some day... still have not gotten there... LOL. Anyway, good luck with the whole popcorn thing, I have never won that battle... LOL!

All: I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great week! Watch out for the early flu/cold bug that is going around! It is a real whopper!

Princess

bandit2
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - you & I seem to have the same problems with this weight loss thing.
But, I know we can buckle down and get on with it. Good luck this week.

Princess - I read the book last year and really had a hard time staying with it but once I got about 1/3 of the way through it was easier to stick with it.
The movie was really good overall and had lots of moments that hit home.
Ladies I was with enjoyed it as well. But, I know what you mean about the book - I had read excellent reviews and kept wondering if it was just me who had a hard time with it. Anyway, movie much better.
I did have the popcorn but got regular instead of large and didn't completely finish the bag (and that was my supper)

I read somewhere the other day that when you are having your meal when you get the point you are thirsty you are actually full - anyone hear about this theory. For me, I drink along with my meal so never have thought about this. But, maybe there is some truth to this theory.

Nice & sunny up here and we are suppose to get more muggy weather next week. But lately have not even turned on my fans.

Weigh in tomorrow, then bowling with the ladies.

Good luck at the scales!

Princess1122
08-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I hope that all is going well!

Food has been hard for me the past two days! I need to get it together and like Judy said try to not eat when I am not hungry! Ugh... a constant battle I guess.

Still feeling cruddy with the cold... I am hoping it goes away really soon! I am not going to an aqua fit class though until it is way gone... that water is just too cold for me and I fear a relapse so will find other things along with the cycling until I think the cost is clear.

Bandit: I am glad that you liked the movie... D-DIL and I are due another girls day out and I was going to suggest that movie as an option along with what ever else we can find to pick from. You and I must have very similiar reading tastes... I think Judy runs along with us also since we had the same things to say about the Geneen Roth book which I need to finish. Good luck at W/I tomorrow night, I have no expectations for mine but I sure hope you do well!

Judy: How are you doing? I am thinking about making your crockpot beans this weekend along with something else, I just have to figure out what! I found a knitting group that meets on Sunday afternoons at a Starbucks not too far from where I live so those kinds of slow cooker recipes will really come in handy for days like that... Sunday is football day here so it will give us something to eat when I get home and the group will give me a reason to get out of the house while DH yells at the TV :D

Well... as of this weekend I will offically be an empty nester... My youngest DS is going to move in with my oldest DS.... they both work at the same company and it is about 45 minutes south of where I live... oldest DS lives about 5 minutes away and the longer drive is taking its toll on youngest DS... so, I see remodeling a bedroom in my future... but I have a heavy heart also.

Have a GREAT evening everyone!

life4evr
08-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Hey. I have realized that if I do not eat breakfast I end up overeating for the rest of the day. Not a good feeling at all. Otherwise it's going okay. I am going to make it to the gym tomorrow.

Princess1122
08-26-2010, 07:15 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday... hoping online here at home to get my turtle fix for the day... LOL. Got on the scale this morning and it is not pretty so I will have a gain at W/I tonight... it is what it is... I hope to get it back on track when I get to feeling better.

Life4evr: Great observation and good luck at the gym!

Have a great day all!

Princess1122
08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
OMG!!! I actually got on here at work! I don't have an update just wanted to see if I could get on... LOL.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

life4evr
08-26-2010, 05:21 PM
So I didn't make it up to the gym, but I ended walking uphill to get to the hospital entrance. Parking is a little walk from the entrance. So I stopped at Arbys doing my points now. Not my finest move. Who knew so many calories in a sandwhich and fries.

bandit2
08-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi everyone:

Princess - good luck at your weigh in, tonight. Things will be different when you don't have the kids at home, but I am sure you will adjust just fine.

Life4ever - yes, some of those fast food items are surpisingly high in calories/points - even for small sizes.

Tonight I was down exactly 1# at my weigh in, then afterwards went 10 pin bowling with the ladies - it was our free night, every Thurs is ladies night and you get 2 games & shoes for free. So can't beat that - plus some exercise throwing those big balls. Lots of fun.

Tomorrow I get my hair done and it is well overdo, so looking forward to my appointment and spending day with dd - we will be having dinner afterwards so I am going to try and pick something not too bad for points.

Everyone have a great weekend!

jackiemomto3
08-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Hope I am not too late! My Labor Day Goal is 249! I am 255 as of today :)

Princess1122
08-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Saturday to you all!

It is a beautiful day here today and I am getting ready to head out to the gym for a cycling class... still not feeling great but I need to get at it so will give it a try! I will most likely go to my knitting class this afternoon but have not totally decided that yet.

Jackie: Welcome! No, you are not too late... We are very glad to have you with us. Tell us a bit about yourself when you get a chance!

Bandit: I was up .4 at W/I, I thought it would be worse so I will take it! They had a retirement party for one of the district manager so they actually had a cake at the meeting, everyone had a very small piece and the gathering was nice so it worked out really well. Congrats on your W/I - being down a # is wonderful!

Judy: How are you doing? I hope that you are well and have a nice weekend planned.

All: Have a great weekend and post when you can! Does anyone have any recipes to share?

bandit2
08-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone & a big welcome to Jackie! Nice to have new members who can share their experiences and maybe gives us some new things to try on this crazy journey.

Princess - .4 isn't so bad especially when you thought it would be worse.
Glad you are feeling better and nice you are getting back to gym.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend.

I got my hair done yesterday, so feel human again and we got in a big walk in Toronto and went to Swiss Chalet for lunch and I had grilled chicken caesar salad with no croutons, so not too bad & it was delicious. I brought grapes and water with me to eat on the train into the city and that was a good snack to have on hand.

It is suppose to be really nice up here all weekend, so looking forward to getting in the last rays of summer. Already I can notice the difference at night.

Anway, have a good weekend.

bandit2
08-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Princess - I can't remember if I posted the recipe I tried for zuccini/eggplant so here it is anyway. I took this to my ladies potluck and everyone loved it.

2 zuccinis, 1 eggplant, 1 med cooking onion, small can diced tomatoes, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and box of stuffing, 1/2 tsp thyme and salt/pepper to taste.

Sautee onion, chopped zuccini, chopped peeled eggplant in frying pan with abit of oil for about 7 minutues, then add tomatoes for a few more minutes.
In greased casserole dish layer, veggies, then premade stuffing, and cheese
until all gone ending with cheese on top. Bake for about 40 minutes at 350until brown & bubbly on top - I was surprised this was soo good.
Notes: I used marble cheese and stove top stuffing I made in microwave beforehand. I didn't peel the zuccini but I peeled the eggplant. I didn't cover when baking and I forgot to add thyme & still was good.

Also, don't for get about Judy's Impossible Veggie Pie - still one of my favourites! Enjoy

Itryharder
08-28-2010, 08:40 PM
:welcome3: to Jackie! We're glad to have you join us. Good luck on your Labor Day Challenge.

I've been away for a few days to Foxwoods which is a casino in CT. Dh and I had a wonderful time. It was so good to get away from the routine and all the things that have to be done around our house. A real mini vacation. Food was okay, not bad, not great-----and today has been good so far. Tomorrow I'll be back on the :tread: for exercise and everything will be back in order. I'm happy because I've gotten our clothes washed, kitchen straightened, etc. and the house is in order. Plus we had such a good time.

Gotta run, but will respond to all your posts tomorrow. Princess, I hear you about empty nest, but I think in a bit you'll get to like it. The good thing is both of your boys will be together and not too far away from you.

Also, Bandit, thanks for posting the stuffing/vegetable casserole again. I bought stuffing mix and now all I need are the veggies.LOL, but I will buy some and make the dish. It sounds delish.

Gotta run,
Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor DAy (Doesn't look like I'll make it)

Princess1122
08-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!

I am getting ready to head out to a cycling class and this afternoon I will go and meet up with a new knitting group that is meeting at a local starbucks so i am looking forward to that. It has been a weekend filled with cycling, knitting, chores and errands... LOL. I did manage to get in a cycling and a knitting class yesterday... DH and I did steaks on the grill and it was a nice evening.

Today is DS offical moving day so I have that to work out also. Like Bandit, we have had beautiful weather here lately, it is supposed to start heating up again though today.

Judy: So happy that you got away with DH... that is really truly a wonderful thing! I am very glad that you had a nice time and enjoyed yourself...

Bandit: That sounds fabulous! I will try and get the ingredients to make that this coming week... thanks for posting it! I'll bet your hair looks beautiful! I am sure that you feel better, I know I always do when I get to have my hair done...

I have to run or I will be late to class... have a great day everyone!

life4evr
08-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi. Well I has a rough week last week. Today was my weigh in day and I gained a pound. Which it could have been a lot worse.

CherryAutumn
08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Sorry i haven't been posting lately .

Welcome- Jackie

I will try to post later.

Itryharder
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi Turtles,
I am so cramped for time lately, but I'm stealing some time to write. You all sound like you're coping with life just fine! Weigh to go. I expect ups and downs on this weight loss journey and the downs are always better than the ups. LOL.

Princess,
that wasn't a bad WI. I know you want the scale to go the other direction and I think once your cold/flu leaves completely you'll be losing weight again. Are you feeling better? Hey, what are you making in your knitting classes? :goodvibes:I like to crochet. This past year I finally settled on a very simple double crochet stitch and then I do a border. I've got into the habit of a particular yarn that is soft with a glistening thread running through it. I make either pink or blue and I just make blankets because there always seems to be a baby somewhere that would like one.

Bandit, I'm glad you liked Eat Pray Love the movie because now I'll be happy to go and see it. Yay for you and your :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer:
:cheers: Glad you got your hair done. I go once a month because my hair grows like crazy and so do my roots. LOL. In any case, my hairdresser is a hoot and I think of it as a therapy session. Yay.

Life4evr, eating breakfast works for me. Are you so busy that it's hard to make time for breakfast? Do you hate to spend the points if you're not hungry? As far as Arby's, isn't it insane how many points some of those foods are? It makes me nuts and you know what, I still get hungry later.
Weird. Glad you're finding out points, etc. because knowledge is power. Good for you. :cheer:

Jackie, :bravo: for joining us. How are you doing?

Cherry, keep on keepin' on. You can do this and you've lost a nice bit of weight already. :bravo: :cheer:

I've gotta run. Yesterday and today have been good and I'm hoping for a nice weight loss by tomorrow. Gotta run. Dd and grandson are here and they're just back from a vacation, so I want to be with them. It's been long since I chimed in, so wanted to do that too. You all keep on keepin' on and onward and downward. We can do this. :goodscale:

bandit2
08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone:

Judy - you sound like you are having lots of fun, so keep it up and good luck at the scale.

We are having another heat wave up here and since I took the day off, I cut my back grass first thing while it was still shaded, then raked and that took 1-1/2 hr altogether then I headed to my trailer for a swim and to sit in the A/C and watched some daytime TV - so nice day and actually accomplished some things on my day off.

Cherry - nice to see you chiming in when you can

Jackie/Life4ever - hope you are all doing well and any weight loss tips/recipes are always welcome here.

Princess - you are probably getting same weather as myself and it is wicked, so stay cool!

life4evr
08-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Itryharder,

No I am not too busy. I just like to sleep lol. I am usually not hungry when I first get up. By the time I get hungry I am usually in the middle of class or clinicals and stuck there.

Today hasn't been a great day for my eating. I think I am coming down with something I am just feeling really drained and icky.

KimL1214
08-31-2010, 01:35 PM
life4evr~ I hope you feel better! :hug:

bandit2~ Heat wave is hitting pretty hard here as well, and of course the kids come back to school tomorrow!

Itryharder~ Sounds like we use the same thread! I knit like crazy when the weather gets cold and knitted both a green and a purple baby blanket last winter.

CherryAutumn~ :wave:

Princess1122~ I LOVE knitting! Awesome job getting your classes in!

So I know I've been missing from the thread, but I have been around... just not posting. I'm in charge of the latest 20-Somethings TBL challenge, so that has been sucking up a lot my time.

Overall things are going well. I haven't seen the scale move in a lil over a week, but I also just got rid of TOM, so I'm not overly worried about it right now. If I still don't see a move in a couple days, THEN, I'll be a lil concerned. The heat wave is here and strong right now, of course, because students come back tomorrow. I'm trying to prep myself for some moody kids. Bonus to it happening during the first week is that the kids are excited to be back (they say they're not, but they want to see their friends!), so it won't be as bad as it would be if the heat wave hit next week. They didn't plan anything for the afternoon of our last in-service day, so I plan on spending the afternoon getting my grocery list and remaining meals figured out for the rest of the week as I will be working CRAZY hours at the restaurant as well as at school!

Itryharder
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
KimL, good to see you. I'm going to open a new thread because we're long and I've got about two minutes. Dd and grandson are coming over in five to spend the afternoon.
Judy
234.6/187.8/170's by Labor Day :cool:

life4evr
08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Today has been a pretty good day so far. My eating has been okay and I even made it to the gym. I am about to use some of my flex points.

Itryharder
08-31-2010, 09:08 PM
life4evr, sounds great! :bravo: weigh to go! You're doing great!
I've started a new thread, #237-----we'll see you there.
Judy