Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

Smile Wrinkles!!!

When people said I had nice skin, I would joke that when I see a wrinkle I would eat 5 lbs of chocolate and make it plump out.

Now that I am eating healthier on a low carb diet, I noticed that I am getting obvious eye wrinkles when I smile. I do take fish oil, and drink lots of water. I am not offically a chick, more like a hen, with a birth certificate written in Roman Numberals. But still this is new for me.

The good news is that I smile more.

Anyone else?? and cure suggestions are welcomed
LynnDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5 2"

"When people said I had nice skin, I would joke that when I see a wrinkle I would eat 5 lbs of chocolate and make it plump out."

That's hysterical! I might steal that one from you. Great job on the weight loss - I'd be proud of the smile wrinkles - you have something to smile about!
getnslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I can't offer much advice here.
For me, natural is natural. I don't
wear makeup, I don't worry about
my cellulite, I don't care if I have
bags under my eyes, I don't care
for the stretchmarks I have, and I
don't mind a few smile wrinkles. I'm
not trying to impress anyone. Good luck!

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I was just thinking the other day that being fat masked my aging. Now that I'm losing weight, I'm losing the padding that's kept my face looking young.

I still don't have wrinkles by my eyes, but I have frown lines on my forehead and between the brows, and am starting to get the trenches from nose to corners of mouth, too.

All ears for some remedy. . .moisturize, moisturize, moisturize was my mom's motto. So far not working.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #5  

Thanks all for the comments. One of my original goals in losing weight was have just one chin. I have reached that goal
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

I think the trick (based on women my age who look better than me) is to start moisturizing early and not stopping. Unfortunately, I breezed through my 20s and 30s with great skin and saw no need for a routine....Aha! With my 40s have come all kinds of wrinkles and all of a sudden...I have this great routine. Oh well I am using like 4 different things on my face at night, but still seeing the wrinkles (I do see an improvement). Think I would look better if I had started earlier, but I am cool with it. I used to get annoyed by the comments that I looked too young for (fill in the blank). Oh well, I don't get annoyed by those comments anymore because I don't get them...haha.

I certainly think sunscreen is a must and they make some awesome eye creams to dab on those smile wrinkles. I have also heard that drinking lots of water is a good thing. Not sure there is really much we can do about it.

Keep Smiling
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #7  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Botox?? kidding. I really liked the results I saw from nuetrogenas ageless intensives. I am in my 20's trying to stick to a routine (an failing thus far), I have huge pores! thats my reason for using something so strong, but I recommend it. Seriously. Retinol all the way.

Also, water and a diet full of veggies, and fish seems to be a common recommend.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

in your 20s....boy, stick with it...you will be glad you did I work with a lady who is almost 10 years older than me and her skin is beautiful....been with a daily routine since she was your age....it pays off
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

sunblock spf15+ or higher is the best to prevent them. Olay has some good products in their Regenerist and Total Effects line. Also retin-a, renova and retinol products are supposed to be good.

and yea, the lines and wrinkles really do creep up on you!

Last edited by ringmaster; 08-17-2010 at 03:45 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #10  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Stay out of the sun & use sunscreen is the best prevention. My aunt who is very fair has avoided the sun her entire life and at 69 looks great.

I am 40 and have some grey hair & wrinkles, but mostly I don't care. When people take pictures, I try not to smile too hard. That is how I deal with wrinkles. Actually, I'm more annoyed by the sun spots and large freckles. I wish I had stayed out of the sun as a youth.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #11  

I've often wondered about winkles. I have several friends (all same age as me) and they have wrinkles and I don't ... hmmm... they're thin and I'm not. BRING ON THE WRINKLES!
gypsywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm 55 and no wrinkles. But I really work at it. I take MSM every day, use coconut oil to clean my face, use some murad products and castor oil on my face before bed. Never leave the house without sunblock on my face. Castor oil is also great for eyelashes..makes them long and thick. If I get a little zit every now and then, I use a little tea tree oil and it goes away pretty fast.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #13  

This week I have heard about Coconut oil from other people also. How do you buy it and use it. With olive oils I try to get cold press instead of chemically processed oils. I see coconut oil in the cooking section. Is that how you buy it or do you have a favorite brand?

I use DMAE vitamins which has MSM in it. I call it my face lift vitamins.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have more weight to lose and just want to minimize wrinkles while I lose weight.