Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Vitamins for breakfast

I have to take so many vitamins because of all my deficiencies in the morning that I don't have room in my stomach for breakfast. I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing. lol I usually end up drinking about 24 oz water with my vitamins cause I have to drink a lot just to get some of those horse pills down. It can be frustrating, but I remember the fish on Nemo, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming!". Maybe one day I won't have to take them anymore.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

You would be getting a lot of vitamins, but not many calories and your body needs that. Is there any way at all you could break them up, take some in the morning, some at night? Or even just a few here a few there throughout the morning? That way you would take them all still, but would maybe have room for some food?
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/125 (HW: 188)

Height: 5'6"

I think it's important to note that MANY vitamins need to be taken with food to get absorbed by the body. So you could be diligently taking those horse pills daily and get zero benefit for it if you're not eating any calories, unfortunately. You can check the bottle to be sure -- most have "one pill daily taken with meal" under directions or the like. I second what Laureedee was asking -- can you scatter them throughout the day? Maybe take some with breakfast, some with lunch, and some with dinner?
lexie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Make a protein smoothie with fruit and spinach to take them with - that way you are getting nutrients with your vitamins.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244.2/233.8/140

Height: 5'8"

How many pills and what kind are you taking? It is best to divide them half in the morning with breakfast, half at night with dinner. Your body is unable to get the full nutrients if you are taking too many at one time. Breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day, you shouldn't skip it.
PudgyGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

My doctor suggested to do it that way. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach and in the afternoon on an empty stomach. I can do it in the afternoon that's no big deal, it's just the morning. I usually finally get some real breakfast food about an hour and a half after I take them.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote