Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W Laboring for our Bodies week 6

jcatron243
08-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone. Week 6 is on us.

My plan is to get a cup of coffee then head over to the gym and get in a good workout. Then I have to clean the kids room.

W 64 oa
E 60 minutes
E 1500 cals
D kids rooms

SilverLife
08-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Jeni, thank you for the new thread! Hope you have a nice workout!

Today's WEED:

W: 16-20 glasses
E: my whole Callanetics routine! It was grand. Gardening, only my own. (Don't have to water my neighbor's plants now, as she's home.) A nice walk, and will do my rebounding and the evening stretches.
E: Am more accustomed to my plan and am eating a bit less. Hooray!
D: Rising up and going on!

Sending you all best wishes for a very lovely day. :goodvibes

jcatron243
08-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I got in a great workout! I ran 3.3 miles (40 minutes), 2000 meters on the row machine (it normally takes 10 minutes, but I went slower today did 11 minutes) Then I did my old weight lifting routine (about 15 minutes worth). It felt really good.

love2b150
08-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Good Afternoon Jeni :wave:

Hello Everyone :wave:

I had a great weekend, looking forward to getting to my Sept 6th goal of 170 actually I want to see 169. I don't know if I have ever seen 160 anything. I was down 20lbs as of yesterday at 175.4 but today I am up .2 so 175.6.
I'm doing good so far today ..

W ~ 64oz plus ... I have already drank 50.7
E ~ doing Zumba this evening with my neighbor wish me luck
E ~ on point
D ~ make it a relaxing day :)

Have a great day!

love2b150
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow took me along time to type that.

Great workout Jeni

Hi SilverLife :wave:

emiloots
08-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi Silver & Love2B!

Jeni - yay for a great workout!

Been good, sticking to the diet with a few intentional modifications. Won't weight myself until labor day so hopefully I'll see some results. Staying within 50-100 carbs per day (trying to stay in the middle). Definitely eating more fat than the plan calls for, but DH and I agreed that it was too low fat. Trying to minimize my grains to one serving (1 slice of sprouted wheat bread). DH is sick so I'm on my own for the workouts until he feels better. Hope everyone has a great night!

W - 64+
E - P90X, back & arms, ab ripper
E - 50-100 grams carbs
D - do something for myself tonight, bath, read...something

TIARA
08-10-2010, 03:26 AM
w64
edo something
e1200
d fold clothes

SilverLife
08-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Good Morning, all!

Jeni, I'm glad you had such a nice workout!
Love2b, congratulations on your progress!
Emily, hope your DH is feeling better today. :)
Tiara, hope you're doing well! :goodvibes

Today's WEED:
W: 16 - 20 glasses
E: the usual :)
E: smaller portions, am not losing
D: Pace myself, get things taken care of, keep God first.

I wish you all much beauty today. :)

jcatron243
08-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Workday today.

W 64 oz
E stretching and abs
E 1400 cals
Dkeep a good attitude.

PopcornGal
08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone.

Trying to focus on sticking with this.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - not sure what with this heat - maybe a mix of inside DVD and walking outside
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - start grooming the dog

mtiger
08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Well 175 today and some spotting. WTH?? I guess the BIG M is rearing it's ugly head. My body is whacked. What to do?? Just keep plugging along.

Jeni- That's quite a workout. You go girl!!

Love- I am also coveting the 160's. Before i got married (26 years ago) I weighed 160ish. Then lost a few pounds and made it to 145. Man...I want to get back there.

mothermavis
08-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Be back am for more

Had a fabulous run tonight!

emiloots
08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey ladies -

Still sticking to it, hopefully I'll see results! I'll check back in later for personals. Have a great day ladies :)

jcatron243
08-11-2010, 12:06 PM
:wave: fly by post sorry.

Good news~my step dad is #1 on the kidney donor list. I'm sorry for the loss of somebody's family member, but I am thankful to the family that will donate to my family. I'm praying for both.

Heading to the fair today. Lots of walking, I will watch my food.

SilverLife
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi, all!

Jeni, I'm so glad your father is number one on the list. I'm keeping him in my prayers. Hope you have a nice time at the fair. Will you post about it? I like fairs!

Emily, Mothermavis, Mtiger, Popcorngal, I'm sending you all "whoosh" thoughts!

Today's WEED:

W: 14-20 glasses
E: Watering plants, Callanetics, rebounding, stretches. Took a day off from walking.
E: Lowered my calories back to losing level. It's nice to be in the swing again!
D: Rest and pace myself nicely today.

I wish you all an especially lovely day! :goodvibes

TIARA
08-12-2010, 02:58 AM
im up today tom is coming soon so i hope thats the reason..

PopcornGal
08-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone.

I missed checking in yesterday but still did a daily WEED.

Has anybody else done the 30 Day Shred? I did it once before and even did it on vacation by just memorizing the number of repitions. It was an easy thing since we were not in the same place every night and with no access to a workout room. I never got past Level 1 though. I hate two parts of the workout specifically - the push ups and the jump rope aerobics. In fact I can never do the second set of jump rope jumps following the jumping jacks in the first circuit. I just sort of hop from foot to foot like a boxer because my hamstrings are burning. Because of the intensity and the sections I dislike I find myself dreading it every night. But I know it really helps doing the combination of strength, cardio and abs.

So I just wanted to hear the opinion of any of you Women on WEED who have tried this before.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 Day Shred
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - stay positive about my lack of progress with the weight loss

emiloots
08-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Popcorn - I had 30 day shred, it was definitely a workout, I too never made it past level 1 but thought it was a really good workout.

Jeni - keeping your father-in-law in my thoughts, hoping good things happen soon for him

Popped on the scale this morning, down a little over 2 pounds in less than a week. Ate a little heavy last night, still within spec but more than I have been averaging the past few days. Been doing a lot of research, reading etc and there is so much conflicting information out there, all from MD's and experts so it's hard to decipher what's good and what's not. I guess each person's body, metabolism and the way they process macronutrients is different so no certain approach is right for everyone. Just trying to figure out what works for my body I guess. Hope everyone has a great day!

W - 64+
E - P90X - yoga tonight!
E - stick to the plan
D - definitely low on sleep lately, try and get to bed at a reasonable time

SilverLife
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Good Morning, all!

Emily, congratulations on the two pounds! It does take some experimenting, I agree. I followed a well respected plan for a while, and it didn't work for me at all. Had to change, again. I have a hunch that as our bodies get closer to where they need to be, we have to keep adjusting what we eat, anyway.
Tiara, hope you're doing very well!
Popcorn, I don't know anything about the Shred workout. I agree about the aerobic exercise, strength training and abs. Flexibility and balance are at the top of my list, too.
Jeni, am sending lots of good thoughts to you and your father. :goodvibes

Today's WEED:
Water: 16 - 20 glasses
E: Back to my complete exercise schedule. Feels nice.
E: Enjoying my food plan again. Was eating too much. Nice to have it cleaned up.
D: God first. Do the chores.

Sending you all best wishes and "whoosh" thoughts! :)

love2b150
08-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Jeni, glad your Dad is first on the list what a blessing :hug:

Hi TIARA and Mothermavis :wave:

PopcornGal, I can't do the jumping or hopping either. I keep saying maybe a few pounds down the line I will but I haven't got there yet.

Emily congratulations on the 2lbs plus :)

SilverLife thanks :)

Mindy, I honestly don't remember anything between 128 and 199. (maybe it's selective memory :D) I am officially 20.4lbs down today. I weighed in this morning at 175.0. I am totally speaking it into existence that I will not go back. The scale will continue to go down and I will reach my goal by labor day. I do remember hopping on the scale one day and it was at 200 something. When it got to 220 our oldest daughters birthday that's when I knew I needed to do something. I tried for years and never succeeded. I'd lose about 10 pounds and get all happy and then gain more weight. (Sorry about the book)

Mindy you are so close. I would so love to see 173 :). You'll be at 160 something before you know it. We'll do this :hug:

My days haven't been great exercise or food wise. I missed my exercise on Sunday and Tuesday. My calories have been ridiculously low. My water is the only thing that has been on point. I am getting back on track today though.

W ~ 64oz plus
E ~ 3 miles track or 45 minutes on the stationary bike
E ~ 1300-1500 calories
D ~ finish cleaning out my closet/hang back up what fits

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Hello :wave: Hope you all have a wonderful day. :hug:

jcatron243
08-13-2010, 05:28 AM
:wave: Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

I was so totally sick yesterday. I'm guessing it was food from the fair, but it may just be stress too. So I stayed in bed most of the day. Today is a work day. I'll see how I feel afterwork, I may decide to go for a swim.

W 64 oz
E walk, swim
E 1400 cals
D keep my cals down.

SilverLife
08-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Jeni, am sending you hugs and good thoughts. :hug:
Love2b, hope you're doing well this morning. :)

Today's WEED:
E: usual, perhaps a bit shorter
E: stay on plan
D: Take good care of myself. :)

Am sending you all lots of good thoughts. :goodvibes

emiloots
08-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Morning ladies -

Jeni - hope you're feeling better today
Silver - Hope you have a great day! Have you checked out Mark Sisson's blog (www.marksdailyapple.com), now that I'm looking at my diet it really falls in line with the paleo diet, high fat, little to no gluten, starches etc...all of our meats, dairy & eggs are already pasture raised, local and in my opinion beyond organic so that was nothing new. Coming from a long line of borderline diabetes women the diet makes a lot of sense.

Still here, sticking to the diet as best as I can. Went out for sushi yesterday so I did have a small amount of rice in the rolls but I just can't stomach eating an entire plate of sashimi. The one thing I'm having a hard time with is giving up my morning Starbucks latte, I get 1/2 the syrup but still not on plan, I've only had two over the past couple days but that's two more than I should be having. Baby steps right :) Maybe I can make it a once a month treat or something... Didn't do my exercise yesterday, Dan worked late, the kids were being 'difficult' so by the time he got home I was just done. Took a bath instead (at 10 pm) and called it a day.

W - 64+
E - P90X, yoga
E - On plan, 50-100 g carbs
D - Get our bedroom cleaned up, it's a mess!

mtiger
08-13-2010, 08:46 AM
SHRED- Can i say enough. Yes i have done it a zillion times..all levels. Yep, it is hard at first but stick with it. I used to feel the same way and now level 1 is fairly easy. Sometimes I am amazed at the the things i can do now that I couldn"t before. I feel strong and aerobically fit. STICK WITH IT!!

I am experiencing mid-cycle gain time. 176.4 today. I try not to stress about it anymore, like I used to. At this point I'm thinking, bring on menopause. I am ready for all these wacky hormonal changes to be done with.

PopcornGal
08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Jeni, I hope you are feeling better today.

Still struggling with not letting the lack of weight loss get me down. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am worried. I have never struggled so hard to lose weight given how hard I am working at it. I have been at this six weeks and my net weight loss is 4 lbs. :( I would be content with a steady one lb a week weight loss but this crazy up for no good reason or my body refusing to breakthrough a particular number is really getting to me. Sorry for whining, you guys don't have to respond to this. I just thought it might help me to be able to voice my disappointment.

Tonight is going to be hard to squeeze in exercise and eat right. We are going out to a family dinner and then the movies. In case you didn't know, I am addicted to popcorn, hence my name.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - hopefully 30 Day Shred
E - try to stay within calorie range of 1400 calories
D - groom the dog

SilverLife
08-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Emily, how wonderful that you have local, organic, pasture-raised food. That is the nicest, I agree. Yes, I do know Mark's site. Thanks for thinking of me. I don't have time to read everyone's sites, and decided to stick with PaNu and Hyperlipid. They are, by far, my favorites.

Mtiger, I'm sorry about all those hormone changes. They are a challenge, I agree. Sometimes I gain during them, sometimes I don't. There is always some surprise. Hope you are doing well.

Popcorn, I hope you have a lovely night out with your family. I was wondering why your username was popcorn. Do you like all the different kinds of popcorn and all the different flavorings?

I wish everyone a day with special beauty. :)

jcatron243
08-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Horrible migrane yesterday. Feeling the after effects of my meds this morning. I hope the feeling goes away before I have to drive to work.

Yesterdays food was good. Water was good too. No workout though, not with a migrane.

W 64 oz
E extra laps at the plant
E 1400 cals
D go for a walk after work

SilverLife
08-14-2010, 05:44 AM
Good Morning, all!

Jeni, hope your day goes very well. :) Am sending you healthy thoughts.

Today's WEED:

E: usual
E: stay on plan
D: Pace myself, get a little rest, stay gracious while getting everything done.

I wish you all a very special Saturday. :goodvibes

emiloots
08-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Silver - we are very fortunate to have several farmers around us that produce wonderful grass-fed pasture raised animals and practice beyond organic farming. One of them is attached to my CSA and the other is less than 5 miles from my house. Who would have thought in the Philly suburbs huh :)

Jeni - I hope you feel better really soon!

Hopped on the scale this morning, it's officially been a week and I'm down 2.8 lbs, yay! Dan and I are going out for our 5 year anniversary tonight, not sure what we're doing yet other than see Inception, but it'll be a nice night away from the kids. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

W - 64+
E - on break for our anniversary
E - on plan
D - clean the house, enjoy our night out

PopcornGal
08-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Good morning! Survived yesterday's dinner and movie out. I didn't eat any popcorn. I took almonds with me instead.

I have to get through dinner out with friends tonight.

My weight today was about where I expected it to be. Although my weight loss is not what I would entirely like I do feel like I am seeing a difference in my body. Just sticking with it as best I can.

Jeni - sorry about the migraine. I hope you were better today.

Silver - you seem like you would always be gracious. You are always so positive. Regarding the popcorn - I do like flavored popcorns. Carmel is my favorite. But according to my husband I will eat any popcorn anywhere no matter how bad it is. Unfortunately he is right.

Emily - CONGRATULATIONS on 5 YEARS!!!!!!!! Have fun tonight.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Today's WEED -

W - 72 oz.
E - 3.5 mile walk and 30 Day Shred
E - 1300 - 1500 calories
D - do some laundry

SilverLife
08-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello, all!

Emily, how splendid to have such good access to all that healthy food. Happy Anniversary! I hope you and your husband have a lovely celebration. :)

Popcorn, thank you very much for thinking such a nice thing about me. I have my better and my worse moments. Mmmm, caramel popcorn. I used to enjoy Cracker Jacks when I was a child. We had such fun opening those little boxes and looking for the tiny "prize". I tried making popcorn with butter and cayenne pepper once, but I don't remember it being all that nice. I've always thought maple syrup ought to be on popcorn somehow. I know someone who could eat popcorn just about every day. I could eat Swiss cheese any time. Guess we've all got something we like.

We're getting thunder, but, no rain yet. We're all hoping, as it's been a very dry summer. The grass is crunchy.

Sending you all lots of good thoughts and best wishes for "whooshes"! :goodvibes

jcatron243
08-15-2010, 05:24 AM
:wave: Food was good yesterday. Water good. No workout though. seems to be the story of my life. I will get my motivation back.

emiloots
08-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Morning ladies-

We had a nice time last night, Inception was really good, stuck to the plan other than probably about 2 cups of popcorn at the movies. Making up for it today by being extra good.

Silver - I'm thinking the same thing today, rain is threatning but nothing yet, come on rain!

Jeni - I wouldn't worry about it, sometimes we just need a break. You'll get back to your routine when you're ready.

Popcorn - looks like we have opposite nights, you stayed away from the popcorn, I didn't :)

W - 64+
E - P90X tonight w/ DH
E - 50-100 carbs, on plan
D - enjoy the day before work again, why do weekends always go so fast

PopcornGal
08-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Checking in for the day. I ate way too many tortilla chips at dinner last night. But I did eat only half of my entree and I did not get a drink. So it wasn't all bad.

Emily - I heard good things about the movie. I am impressed, I would never have been able to stop at just 2 cups of popcorn.

Jeni - I am having trouble being motivated to exercise but it helps right now that I am doing the 30 Day Shred. Since it is broken into 3 circuits and each circuit is broken into three components then I am able to break it down into little milestones as I am working out. "Got through the jumping jacks." "No more push ups" "All done with jump rope" Then it seems a little more doable. I really am missing my outdoor exercise with this excessive heat.

Silver - we got some rain but not enough. Everything is so dried out.

Today's WEED -

W - 72 oz.
E - 30 Day Shred (done)
E - 1300 - 1400 calories
D - prepare food for the week

SilverLife
08-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Good Morning, all!

We're still hoping for rain. We got a few, little drops yesterday, but that 60% never came this way. Hope you all are getting some.

Today's WEED:

E: Watering, walk, Callanetics, rebounding, stretches (that's my usual)
E: Stay on plan!
D: Stay on this plan, too. :)

Hope you all have a lovely start today! :goodvibes

jcatron243
08-16-2010, 05:33 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/210113-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-week-7-a.html#post3438411

Heres the new thread!