Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Having Trouble...

Hi - I have been on the MRC diet for 3 weeks now. I have had a few small cheats along the way (too many melba or a cheese stick) but nothing drastic. I was doing great, lost 10 pounds! However, for the past week I have lost nothing and even gained .5 pounds. I am sticking to plan so not sure what is going on. Has this happened to anyone around this timeframe? I thought maybe it's just my body in shock but its so discouraging! Thanks for any advice!
Pookie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185 / 165 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

If you're a female, are you coming up on that time of the month? My situation sounds very similar to yours. I did preconditioning for 4 days, then went from the yellow to blue to green diet in the presribed time and did great. (Lost about 10 lbs) == Now I"m stuck. I haven't lost more than a pound this week --and I think it's because of the whole TOM thing. In my case, I went on vacation during this time,too. I didn't follow the plan exactly as far a scheduling meals etc, but I didn't eat foods that were off plan and my body never went out of ketosis -- I checked once a day.

So... I'm hoping for both our sakes it's period related....unless you're a guy in which case, i'm hoping something altogether different for you!
jetperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Height: 5'2"

This came from a early members post, I remember around day ten this happened to me and this post is correct, and helped me. I have been on the program for 8 weeks now lost 35 lbs, but last week hit another plateau, I'm looking forward for the huge weight loss after.

Reposted from Deb FoCo, CO.
I've posted before about a 10 day plateau. They might have given you some paperwork about that at you first session. Basically, your first 2 weeks are MOSTLY water weight loss because of the low-carb menu. Around that 7-10th day, your body starts holding onto water like crazy so your cells won't collapse. After a short plateau, you'll start losing pounds again. You ARE losing fat, it's just that those cells are filling with water. Hang in there and don't give up! So many people have posted the exact same question. You're not alone! It happened to me, too!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #4  
Aprilw94

Also....I know we drink sooooo much water as it is, but if u can increase your water by 20 or 30 oz during this time then the plateau ends very quickly. I was told that because our cells feel like it needs the water it hangs on to what we give it but if there is more than enough water it in a since " flushes" the body and you aren't hanging on to the water as a defense. Don't know if this works for every one but I didn't hit a plateau in my first month that last longer than 3 days either time I have done this, mine came later when my goby was recalibrating.
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Hi Pookie31, Welcome and congrats on your first 10 lbs. One thing to keep in mind, is that little cheats means you're not actually sticking to the program. It took me a few months to learn i'm very sensitive to ketosis. Just the thought of a wrong food is pretty much enough to kick me out of it. I spent my first few months thinking little tiny off program things like a bit too much of something to a bite of my BF's something could no way actually affect me, but it did.

And i'm not sure if anyone else is like this too, but for me, every other 10 lbs is harder. 0-10 was easy, 10-20 was tough, 20-30 was easy, 30-40 was tough, 40-50 happened pretty easily and so i suspect my next 10 to be tougher.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote