Old 08-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

Default Chinese?

What do you guys order when going to a chinese place?
KmbRN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We are lucky around here to have a number of vegan chinese restaurants and all the others have a vegetarian section on the menu. The only thing to really be careful of is egg (if you don't eat) and you might want to reinstate no meat. We have a number of places near us that have mock meats but I haven't tried those except at the vegan chinese place.

Overall, I like chinese greens and tofu at generic chinese places. You can usually tell them something off menu pretty easily as well as pick what they may have from vegetarian section if they have one.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

If you are vegan or vegetarian, you might want to emphasize no fish,shrimp,flakes,etc. I worked in a Chinese restaurant for a few years and TBH, a lot of Asian cultures do not have a concept of fish not being vegetarian or vegan. It just doesn't compute It's a cultural thing

But to answer the question, my favourites:
Szechaun Spicy Green Beans (order with no minced beef)
Ma Po Tofu (again, emphasize no minced beef, it sometimes comes with it)
Special order: Singapore Noodles, order without the shrimp or chicken. Spicy, curry

Last edited by sacha; 08-08-2010 at 11:34 AM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

sacha - the fish thing is a good tip, I've encountered that mostly in Thai restaurants.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #5  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Bean Curd with Chinese Veggies....Gah it's so Yummy!
We only have 2 chinese places around here, no vegitarian/vegan places, but I try and find a nice veggie meal in each restaurant so I know I'll have something "safe" to eat no matter where my friends or family drag me.
The bean curd is lightly fried Tofu...it has great texture with the crunch veggies...now I'm craving it LOL
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote