Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #1  
tab

Default NEW! I want to start... Somerset Co. NJ

Hi, Im new, have not started yet.... Im looking for how to start..... Any places by Somerset Co. NJ? How much is the food, etc? Thanks.. Sorry, Im lost!!!! Thanks
tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #2  

tab!

Have you checked the http://www.idealprotein.comsite? On the contact us page, there is a clinic locator. If you're lucky, a local clinic will have a presentation where you can check it out. Some clinics will just want you to come in for a consultation.

Check out the IP FAQ thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-diet-faq.html

The price varies from clinic to clinic. I pay $4/package; at 3/day, that's $84/week. Some clinics require you to buy a starter kit with a pre-picked selection of the packets; some let you pick what you think you'll like. Some require you to buy boxes of 7 packets, others will let you do "one of these, two of those."

I got really lucky, my coach lets me pick my packets in the quantities I want. And, in the first 2 weeks I could exchange any unopened packets I didn't want.

The first week, the cash outlay is more than the packets. You'll probably pay for the initial consultation, and approx $75 total for 4 different supplements. 2 of the supplements (about $45) will last about a month, the other one for about 2 months, and the fiber capsules will depend on how many you use/need.

Come join the group in the weekly chat thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-7th-13th.html
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
the fiber capsules will depend on how many you use/need.

Ah, fiber capsules? Could you say a little more about these?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #4  

Default Fiber capsules & Psyllium Husks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Ah, fiber capsules? Could you say a little more about these?
When I bought my first week's packets and supplements, my coach recommended I purchase a bottle of Floralax and that I take one a day and more if I felt I needed it. Needing it = bloating, no bowel movement, etc.

You can buy them at idealtogo. The capsules contain
- psyllium husk 250 mg
- aloe vera 150 mg
- prune powder 50 mg.

I usually take one a day and if I need a little something extra , I take 1 tsp of psyllium husks. I had some ground psyllium husks from a naturopathic treatment I did a couple of years ago. They're easy to find in a health food type store and a lot cheaper than packaged fiber.

If you start taking psyllium, start with 1/4 tsp in a cup of water in the evening, well after your last meal/snack. I use a no-caffeine chilled herbal tea (not a laxative tea). Work your way up to 1 tsp by 1/4 tsp increments over a couple of weeks to give your system time to get used to it, i.e. less gas.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-08-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: didn't proofread the first time :(
Old 08-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
When I bought my first week's packets and supplements, my coach recommended I purchase a bottle of Floralax and that I take one a day and more if I felt I needed it. Needing it = bloating, no bowel movement, etc.

You can buy them at idealtogo. The capsules contain
- psyllium husk 250 mg
- aloe vera 150 mg
- prune powder 50 mg.

I usually take one a day and if I need a little something extra , I take 1 tsp of psyllium husks. I had some ground psyllium husks from a naturopathic treatment I did a couple of years ago. They're easy to find in a health food type store and a lot cheaper than packaged fiber.

If you start taking psyllium, start with 1/4 tsp in a cup water in the evening, frwell after your last meal/snack. I use a no-caffeine chilled herbal tea (not a laxative tea). Work your way up to 1 tsp by 1/4 tsp increments over a couple of weeks to give your system time to get used to it.
Super information. Thanks. And just one more question. Do the capsules have carbs?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Super information. Thanks. And just one more question. Do the capsules have carbs?
It doesn't list carbs, only the quantities of the ingredients. When I looked up psyllium husks on My Plate, (livestrong.com), I think 1 tsp had 18 calories, 4 g carbs and 4 g fiber. Me, I just figure it's a wash. It probably takes more than 18 cals of body energy to push that stuff through. And the carbs aren't digestible if they're all listed as fiber. YMMV.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

My IP facility has the fiber pills but they are called Novalax....same ingredients....$28. I've managed with the psyllium mixed into my pudding shakes but it took awhile to get the amount right..
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #8  
tab

thanks for your help. i joined online, I could not find any near me. There are only a few locations that have a webpage or facebook acct.....
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #9  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Smile Tab from N.J.

Tad from N.J.
I just saw your request for help in getting started and the fact that you have joined on line. There is not a clinic near me so I also joined on line in May. I have not had any problems. I order from Ideal to go and I talk to a coach any time I need to. I also type in my meals, weight and measurements for my coach. I have also been reading this board for a few weeks and have gained info. I joined this board today. Do not feel like you are out there alone, just watch the weight come off!
petiteandcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #10  
tab

Thanks!!! I should get my ideal today in the mail. I started 2 days ago using EAS (from walmart). I cant wait to see my weight drop! I gained a lot of infor from this board. everyone is so sweet & helpful. So much to read and learn!

Last edited by tab; 08-18-2010 at 09:44 PM.