Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default I think I'm glad it took 4.5 yrs...

So we've all heard the 90+% gain it back statistic and the most common thing I've heard is that "I went back to my old ways." Well since this jouney has taken me over 4 years, my "old" ways are pretty much my new ways. I don't really remember how or what I used to eat when I was heavy and when I get the urge to have that uncontrollable binge it is SO different than before. It's still a binge and still something that I need to find a solution to, but I don't feel as sick as I used to because the foods I'm binging on are either different or there's nothing in the house worth binging on (who binges on veggies???). The other difference is the next day or next meal I'm right back on track because I go back to my "old" ways. So for those of you who feel like it's taking forever to lose it, maybe that's not a bad thing. Maybe this new lifestyle will stick with you forever.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I hope you are right. I can only say, that for me, it's the only way to walk this journey. There are times when I just practice maintenance so I don't slip back into my old ways. There are times, for whatever reason, when I can't move forward but instead of giving up I maintain. So, having said all that, I do feel that my news ways are becoming my old ways. I like that alot. I agree, when you aren't keeping your old foods in the house it's hard to overeat like you once did.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been reading alot lately about those who lose the weight quickly are statistically more successful at long term weight loss. I don't think I've ever considered that I would fail if I didn't get the weight off faster but it sure does me good to hear about someone who took the long road and is doing well.

Thanks again.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #3  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

What a great perspective. Thank you.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I was thinking along the same lines this morning while swimming. Still a long way to goal but nearly three years into this journey I feel like this is a new way of life for me permanently. Just the fact I was swimming for exercise early on each and every Saturday morning is proof.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I completely agree! I'm losing fairly steadily, but I lost much more quickly in the past; 40lbs in three months, 60lbs in about five months. This time, it's looking like it'll take about a solid year to lose 50-60lbs. It's frustrating to see the scale move more slowly than I'm used to from before, but I definitely know that it's just giving me more and more time to adapt my healthy habits as my all the time habits.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote