Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Default BFC and dining out (fast food included)

I got a little off track today. I got a sugar surge for going over my 5 G of sugar per meal on the BFC while eating out. It was over by 2 grams of sugar for my lunch.

It was not too bad, but I did get shakes, and later got a mild headache. Maybe it was from something else though.

However, sometimes at work, I am at the mercy of the FF chains. I try to eat as clean as possible. I was originally trying to eat whole foods, but, in my world I cannot do it at work all of the time.

My next challenge is I must be eating at either Subway or Jack in the Box . I have some time to prepare as this is a week away.

I will have to eat at Quiznos in the next week or so. I will choose the veggie Sammie with no sauce and the plain iced tea. The Sammie is 2/1.

I also did eat at Chipotle today. Bring your low calorie high fiber tortilla like I did, choose 1 meat, and sour cream and veggies. That is my plan for next trip there. 5/1

As I said, If I had no need to eat out, I would bring my own food. But due to my job, I sometimes have to succumb to eating out. I cannot strap food to my body for an 8.5 hour day as I travel the rail system.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/120; 147/156/120

Height: 5'7"

What other restaurant chains do you have available to you?
MiniChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #3  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

I hear ya, Chewy. I have a job that requires me to travel a lot, and often I am in new places where I can only eat fast food for lunch. Just do the best you can, and understand that before this plan, your choices probably would have been much worse.

If you have chains that are common, make a couple of post-it notes with some go-to menu items within the s/c values and stick it in your planner or wallet so you always have options.

Good luck!!

Also, I just got my S/C Counter in the mail today from Amazon. It has some good information and might be a good tool for you to have along during the day. I think it was like $8.00.
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #4  

MiniChick, I have Subway, Jack in the Box, McDonald's, Wahoos (which I love the shrimp tacos and 1 conforms to this plan.) I also have Chipotle, Daphene's Greek, La Salsa, Baja Fresh, In N Out, Taco Bell, Del Taco, El Pollo Loco, Quiznos...

These are ones I can think of for now.

Txalupa,

I have been going online for the nutritional information. All of the Restaurant's websites, so far, have had that information. I also can plan ahead as I get my work schedules weeks in advance.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/120; 147/156/120

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
MiniChick, I have Subway, Jack in the Box, McDonald's, Wahoos (which I love the shrimp tacos and 1 conforms to this plan.) I also have Chipotle, Daphene's Greek, La Salsa, Baja Fresh, In N Out, Taco Bell, Del Taco, El Pollo Loco, Quiznos...

These are ones I can think of for now.

Txalupa,

I have been going online for the nutritional information. All of the Restaurant's websites, so far, have had that information. I also can plan ahead as I get my work schedules weeks in advance.
You have a number of good options there. If you're not above bringing our own tortilla to Chipotle, maybe you could bring your own flat bread "buns" with you to In N Out for a burger. Their protein style wrapped in lettuce is great, and having your own bun would make it even better. I've ordered burgers protein style in other places and it was a joke. One place, that will remain nameless, wrapped all my stuff up separately in foil and the cheese melted and stuck to the foil; it was a mess. We're so lucky now that restaurants put their food's nutrition profile online. That helps tremendously. That's great that you can plan your lunches ahead like that.

Last edited by MiniChick; 08-06-2010 at 07:25 PM.
MiniChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #6  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I ate at Wendy's the other day...I had a value fry, double stacker value (no ketchup, no bun), and a garden salad (no croutons) with a ranch dressing packet.

It was 4/2. Also 4g fiber.

Chewy, I know you want to keep your fat low too, so this wouldn't be your best option, but yeah, I really get a hankering for fast food fries sometimes and at least wendy's doesn't used hydrogenated oils. So This could be good for other people!
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #7  

MiniChick, thank you for the In and Out tip. I am not above bring my own tortilla or buns. In fact, I did this yesterday at Chipotle's.

kcx, Thank you for posting the Wendy's information. I have access to one too.

I just read on page 312-313 in the BFC book, Subway Tuna Sub is 5/3, but that is kinda high. I will do a salad there, and bring my own dressing.

I took the BFC book's advice and ate out at Taco Bell a few days ago, before I began the diet. I ordered a cheese quesadilla, because I was stubborn about eating meat...

When I tasted it, some creamy sauce was in it too. I was expecting a tortilla and the cheese.

So, heads up for anybody wanting just a clean cheese and tortilla quesadilla, you may want to order it with no extra secret sauce! Who knows what that had in it.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #8  

My friend told me the best service about the BFC. I have tried this place and I can say that every thing is in order. The quality of the food and the service are all superb.

Last edited by JayC; 08-10-2010 at 07:07 AM.
JayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

I went out to hibachi and calculated everything before I went so I could stick to the BFC. I had hibachi steak and shrimp, the onion soup, and sauteed vegetables for a grand total of 5/2 - and a very filling meal might I add. Obviously I didn't have any rice.
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote