South Beach Diet - Weekends on Phase 2?

View Full Version : Weekends on Phase 2?

erinea
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I am almost finished phase one and was wondering if anyone has tried sticking with phase one during the week and advancing to phase 2 for the weekends.

femmecreole
08-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Never had a planned weekend (or any other time to do a phase one day intentionally) but sometimes I go days without any grains. Never fruit though.
Lots of veggies and some fruit every day.

snackiejackie
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
i have a very hard time on the weekends, it the worst for me!!!! but i try to stick with carbs in the am or early afternoon so that i dont feel bloated and full all nite. i also try and get a rough plan of my weekend so i can be prepared before leaving the house, bring carrots or nuts with so you dont get in rav mode and eat whatever you see...hopefully this helps.l

Lexxiss
08-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Since you say you're almost finished with Phase 1, I'm thinking you are talking about after you finish your 2 weeks, doing Phase 1 during the week and Phase 2 on weekends.

What many Beachers do here is what we loosely refer to as Phase 1.5. It is less restrictive than P1, but is more restrictive with grains than a full fledged Phase2. The concept is addressed in the SBD books when Dr A talks about adding foods slowly after finishing P1.

I hope this helps-if not, perhaps you can be a little more specific.