Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #1  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Onederland!!!

After more than a year on here, finding and losing motivation many times over, I finally did it!
An old friend asked me to play the music for her wedding ceremony the first weekend of July and it was the kick in the back side that I needed.
Starting on May 18, with much effort, I forced myself to cut out almost all carbs and sugar. My job, being a ramper at an airport was a workout in itself.
The first week was the hardest and I had a couple days of slip ups along the way, but my Tuesday morning weigh-in put me over the moon. The scale for the first time in over five years read under 200! I did it!!! And I WILL keep doing it!
Wohoo!!!
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

Congratulations!!! Keep it up.
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! Welcome to Onederland!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #4  

Congratulations!!!! I know just how you feel! When I weighed myself last week i had finally dropped down into onderland as well!!!!!!!!!
raznt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #6  

Height: almost 5'3"

congrats...you are doing awesome!
joy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Congrats!!!!!!!!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #8  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! I've got about 8 lbs to go to Onederland (since I gained a couple this week, Argh).

I will be so happy to get out of the 200's.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #9  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Featherfire - are you working out along with the low carb/sugar deal? I want to start doing that, but gosh I love bread! And cereal... and peanut butter... everything loaded with carbs. Infact, I just had a handful of fruit loops and could kick myself right now.

I'm not going to be in onederland if I keep this up! Err! Good luck to everyone trying to get there and congratulations to all of you who have made it! I can't wait to join you!
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #10  
Coffee Addict Hippy

Brittanie, I loved pasta and cereal and peanut butter to the end of the earth, but I found that after the first week, the cravings really faded. I still give in to the peanut butter cravings, but I now buy the all natural (Teddie brand) because it's purely peanuts and no added sugars. I consider peanut butter a good protein source, along with cashews. Good snack, not too much guilt! I'm putting it on bananas and celery sticks ( or late night on a spoon!!!)
I do let myself now that it's been over two months, have some carbs as a reward, and as for cereal, I love Fiber One. It tastes good, has no sugar, and the carbs that are in it are good carbs. :-) The only down side is that skim milk has 12g of sugar per 8 oz!!! Yikes!!! It's a treat for me now, along with a daily 6oz container of plain greek yogurt. I put ground cinnamon and nutmeg in it and it tastes fabulous!

I will admit that I have a guilty pleasure this summer that actually hasn't hindered progress. Edy's ice cream brand has the most AMAZING no sugar added flavors. Breyers makes it as well, but the Edy's has less sugar and I love the triple chocolate, mint chip and butter pecan.

My only wish is that I saw the difference in the mirror that all my co workers seem to see along with my family. To me, as I see myself every day, not much has changed, though I'm in a 16 for the first time in years, and my bra band is back to a 36 from a 38. (I only wish the girls would go back to the A I started with, rather than the D/DD they turned into..)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #11  
Coffee Addict Hippy

Oh, and to answer the question I forgot, I DO work out.
My job is baggage handling and all the outdoors work involving planes so I get a great workout while being paid.
On my days off, and at least twice a week before work I do a basic Tae Bo routine. I admit that I do get lazy with it and will have days where I choose to sit on my butt and watch tv, but the scale keeps moving south. I think the gallon of water / 124 oz of fluids I make sure I have per day really helps flush the fat out and numbers down. By cutting the sugar, I'm forcing my body to burn the fat stores versus the sugar in my diet for energy.
Once a week I also dedicate two and a half hours to mowing the lawn. Large lawn, push mower, lots of hills and obstacles = exhausting!