General chatter - Do something that makes you feel pretty

MrsDawsondn
08-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Don't know why but I felt the need to post a feel good thread.

Sometimes there are the smallest things that make us feel good about our self or feel pretty or a confidence booster. Are there anythings that you do or a service that you like that makes you feel pretty refreshed or renewed?

For me things that make me say. " I feel pretty" are:

Getting a cute mani/pedi
Getting my hair done or doing it up extra special
buying new makeup :carrot: BTW i LOVE SEPHORA!
Playing in make up
Buying an outfit that flows on my body just right ;) No matter the size the fit is what matters

Come on now any ideas? Cheap or expensive it doesn't matter what do you do that gives you those *feel good* fuzzies :goodvibes?

ideas ideas 3FCr's

bandit2
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Getting hair done at salon
Eyebrows waxed
Spa day
Sitting at outdoor patio having glass of wine with my girlfriends & catching up

Crystalynnn
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
buying new clothes. err shopping for the clothes without any hassle of trying to fit into them.

MrsDawsondn
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Stepping out in a cute pair of sandals with a little swish in my walk feeling the air between my toes LOL. I know it's silly but I love it ha!

MrsDawsondn
08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Taking a me day and going to a local coffee shop dressed casual but cute sipping on a latte and read a good novel. :goodvibes:

CarbsAreEvil
08-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I put on leggings and makeup and go some place crowded. That usually does it for me.

katylil
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Wearing high heels! I automatically feel taller, thinner and sexier!
I also love having freshly dyed and blow-dried/straightened hair and getting my makeup perfect (which doesnt happen often!)

tw326at41
08-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I love a pedicure and getting my hair done followed by dinner and drinks with friends!

SweetCurves32
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Painting my toenails a bright, fun color. Makes me smile when I look down and see my feet looking all pretty. :D

Shmead
08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Good sex.

Ciao
08-05-2010, 09:35 PM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1-1.jpg

As simple as it may sound, I feel
very beautiful in boxers and a t-shirt! :D
When I'm comfortable I feel very very
good about myself and that's just
what I need at the end of the day.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1.jpg

2phatinvictoria
08-06-2010, 01:02 AM
having a shower, then doing my hair, painting my toes and finger nails, and putting on freshly washed pjs. Thats when I feel the best.

FitGirlyGirl
08-06-2010, 10:02 AM
painted toe nails combined with sandals or flip flops, cute undies, a good hair day (which happens more and more now that I eat healthier), an outfit I like, good mascara, the library (I'm a geek, and books make me feel sexy.), a good day at the gym, raunchy comments from hubby ;)

nikki531
08-06-2010, 11:06 AM
~Getting up early, putting on a fun face mask and while that is drying making myself a yummy latte, sugar free flavoring and skim milk of course!!
~I also keep a good sugar scrub (I like bath and body works) in my shower and use that after my body wash. It exfoliates and the oils leave a subtle scent all day!
~A hot bubble bath then climbing into freshly washed sheets!!
~Spa days complete with new hair, pretty nails and toes, a nice massage and a facial!!

MrsDawsondn
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Good ones guys. Because of my weight I have become more of a flip flop girl but Lord knows I love my heels. I love the shower painting toe nails doing hair and getting all dressed up bit. I think when I lose just a bit more weight I can then break out the heels again. I cannot wait! Almost there!

Teresa66
08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Getting my hair done. In the last few months I've had the luxury of being able to afford to have it cut and colored. It is so awesome not to have to color my own hair and have that one-note color that comes from a box. I always come out feeling pretty.

I also love make-up and will save and save until I can hit the MAC counter and splurge on their wonderful products. For years I only used the cheaper stuff and there really is a difference that just makes me feel pretty.

Hamoco350
08-06-2010, 11:48 PM
I literally have the worst hair and eyebrows. They look good when tamed, but it is HARD to get them under control sometimes. lol

When they look good, I feel good.

Also, when I'm having a good skin day.

lolcat
08-07-2010, 01:33 AM
I love taking a long bubble bath, and scrubbing with my favorite body wash mixed with sugar... it exfoliates wonderfully without the burn of salt. After I dry off, I use a lightly scented body oil, then fresh soft cotton pjs. Makes me feel pampered.

funnycanadiangirl
08-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I totally second the comment about the heels. I have a pair that I just love and they always make me feel like a million dollars.

A few weeks ago I went on a guy's night out (being one of the guys I get invited to such things) and it was SO hot that I ended up wearing a casual dress, and I felt like a total stunner. I normally HATE dresses, but it was kind of fun reminding my partners in crime that I am actually a girl (biologically, at least!)

And I have a friend who (sadly) lives out of town who never fails to make me feel gorgeous. Every time I see him there's a genuine compliment or two that leaves me feeling like Heidi Klum!

lizziep
08-09-2010, 02:46 PM
sugar scrub! i love the Bath & Bodyworks eucalyptus spearmint. getting out of the shower all oily and soft definitely makes me feel pretty- dare i say sexy?
i have a new one that i love love love! it's a face scrub and it exfoliates and gets a little warm and it makes me skin super soft and happy. it's called dermalogica multivitamin thermafoliant. mouthful! makes me happy in the face. :)

ETA: that dermalogica was a gift and holy crap it is expensive! i had no idea. guess i'll be hording it forever cause i'm never gonna get it again. lol.

guamvixen
08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
wearing high heels. sigh, i love my high heels! I don't wear anything shorter than 4'', even being 21 weeks pregnant! When i was overweight, i couldn't wear high heels, so now, i wear them everywhere! Those are about the only things that make me feel good and sexy!

jigglefree
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
SHMEEEAAADD!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT...GOOD SEX especially when I'm really sleepy.

A well fitted skirt and some heels. That makes me feel really good and there's a running joke at the office that when I wear heels and a skirt a different walk comes with the outfit.

lizziep
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
skirts!! i forgot about that. skirts always make me feel pretty. also wearing shirts or tank tops that show off the tattoos on my back.

lucky8
08-10-2010, 01:16 PM
tan tan and more FAKE TAN just love it...........and im gona put some one 2night make me feel so much better having colour in my cheeks i also look few pound lighter when i look in the mirror :carrot:

Im also now getting hooked on false eyelasehes , loverly :)

MrsDawsondn
08-10-2010, 02:51 PM
@lucky8 I have really been toying with the idea of getting my lashes done but everytime I get ready to something happens with finances.

You guys are giving me some good non-food related rewards for weight loss.

motivated chickie
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I think my most standout beauty asset are my strong nails. So I grow them long and keep them unpolished. I get tons of comments on my nails.

After losing 40 pounds, I bought a strapless polka dot dress that is very short-to my upper thigh. I've never owned a dress that covered so little. I have to remember not to lean over in it. I also bought high heel canvas summer shoes to match. I have to tape up my feet to prevent blisters, but it's worth it.

serendipity907
08-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Painting fingernails, I only ever use a clear or translucent pink, but it can make all the difference in how I feel :)

Also a nice hot shower and then hopping into freshly washed sheets too! :)
(About to go and do this!)

Bothering to wear a nice fitting pair of jeans and a cute top, I'm much better at doing this lately. I am breaking the habit of buying and wearing massively oversized and unflattering clothing :)