Atkins - atkins and jillian michaels

View Full Version : atkins and jillian michaels

onmyway90
08-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I have been on the Atkins diet for about two or three weeks now and this is my second time on it. I did Atkins last January through April and about lost 25 pounds. And four days ago I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. However, I seem to have hit some kind of barrier. I've stopped losing weight even though I'm in moderate to large ketone testings. What can I do to get over this plateau and start seeing results? I really want to lose between five to ten more pounds before September, is that doable?

JerseyGyrl
08-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Just curious what your menu looks like. Would you mind posting a typical day's eating? How much water are you drinking?

onmyway90
08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
breakfast: scrambled eggs or sausage
lunch: chicken salad with a little barbecue sauce
dinner: whatever meat dish my parents have made plus a salad
if i get hungry between meals i'll snack on a cheese stick or sugar free jello (0 carbs)
and i drink at least 64 oz of water a day

JerseyGyrl
08-05-2010, 06:54 PM
breakfast: scrambled eggs or sausage
lunch: chicken salad with a little barbecue sauce
dinner: whatever meat dish my parents have made plus a salad
if i get hungry between meals i'll snack on a cheese stick or sugar free jello (0 carbs)
and i drink at least 64 oz of water a day

IMO, it doesn't sound like you are eating enough.
Barbecue sauce, unless you are making it yourself and know exactly whats going into it, contains some form of sugar. On Atkins, its particularly important to stay away from sugar.
Veggies are also very important on Atkins, 12-15 of your 20 net carbs for the day should be coming from veggies. Fat is another biggie.
I hope this helps:)

Crush
08-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Change your diet up, there may be something your eating that is stalling you. I have found that some foods that are okay for some do not work for me.

sandyfanny
08-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Scott's Barbecue Sauce has no carbs, no sugar, no calories...no nothing, but it's excellent classic NC barbecue sauce. I'm struggling with drinking enough water again. I hate water.