Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

aj - I need to get back in gear too - maybe we can get each other motivated! How's seattle?

Just got back from a run - am doing pretty well with exercising but haven't been strict on plan with food.

burgundy - glad you had a fun weekend but sorry your tummy wasn't cooperating.

maddiesmom - woohoo for outlet shopping - so fun - glad you were successful.

Planning on a walk with a buddy later time permitting and more exercise tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #17  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

AJ: Was there a trigger that caused the bad eating/smoking? Stress from moving again? Are you working up in Seattle? Start out slowly, I would recommend working on the eating portion first - start by taking away the fast food - you will feel so much better when you're filling your body with lots of good fruits/veggies. Now that you're in Seattle, I bet you can get a ton of fresh fish too. How are things otherwise?

Dance: How are you feeling / how's the knee? I'm guessing you're doing better if you are going exercising later. How was your Texas trip?

Burgundy: I know how being around babies makes you want to have one. I've seen so many infants in the past few weeks (plus my friend had one back in March and another few are pregnant now), it really makes me want to have another. Hope you find out what is going on so you can have your little bundle. Sorry you're feeling icky too, it's amazing how horrible fast food can make you feel. I vow to never eat McDonalds again! Definitely not worth it!

Well, I went and ARP'ed again today. The knee is still pretty bad. Got up to 7.5 on the dial. Two more treatments to go. I was in tears today because I was pushing myself to get through this and get better. Jeff saw me tearing up and got me some water and let me rest. I'm telling you, if I wasn't getting results, I would have given up by now due to the pain. I'm amazed I go back each time. I go back on Tues and Wednesday, then I start training with him again and using the ARP to build the muscles so I can get them stronger. We'll see what happens. For now, I'm pretty much giving up on running - right now it's totally not worth it.

What was everyone else's plan today? Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #18  

maddiesmom - there are so many other ways to get exercise - I totally agree that right now running just doesn't make sense for you. So very sorry you have injury pain and even more painful ARP to deal with - aren't you finding that the pain wears you out? I've been lucky with my knee lately - a few twinges today but not bad and I'll probably ice it later.

aj - how can we help? will you be my mileage buddy tomorrow?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

So along with my lowfat diet, I have decided today is the day to get back to walking. Gonna get the dogs ready and try for 2 miles right now. Keep your fingers crossed that we make it. I'll post more later.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #20  

AJ-30ds was killer. Thats the second time I did it all the way thru. I just kept thinking of Vicky working out in the high performance area of her gym. She kept me going along with Dance and all the words of encouragement. Im eating lowfat right now and it seems to be working except for the mishap over the weekend. Never again. Anything we can do to help you get back on track, let us know and we will do our best.

Dance-lets get ourselves back on plan and strict with food. I did good today. Had to get straightened out after the weekend.

Vicky-thanks. I know when the time is right I will have a child, one way or another. Are you and Matt planning to have another one anytime soon? Running probably isnt the best for you right now, but there are so many other things you can do. Hope your pain gets better soon.

Did 2 miles with the pups, it was getting dark on us so we had to hustle. Then I came home and did a little workout on the wii. Not as much of a workout as 30ds but at least I got up and got moving.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #21  

Just got back from a 3 mile walk with my buddies so that's a good exercise day for me, combined with the run this morning.

burgundy - woohoo for being back in the mileage groove! Do you notice a difference in your body after 30ds?

Haven't had dinner yet so I'm trying to figure out what I can eat that won't take long to put together.

aj - how did the changes to your eating plan go today?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Vicky- The smoking was a surgery to remove my gallbladder. I didn't handle that well. And I git cocky and didn't have a scale for 5 months. I didn't think I was really gaining until I over heard my dad say to my brothers "Look at her, all that work and now nothing to show for it." Now I am just sabotaging myself.

Allison- Really cute pics on your fb! Who is the baby?

Dance- Great start with a mac n cheese ending to it. Its TOM, I am on fertility drugs that make me cry over EVERY THING! and my husbands family is coming to visit and I am so crazy with anxiety.

Seattle is awesome. The food (OBVIOUSLY) is amazing. I live above the famous pikes market so fresh fruits, veggies and fish daily. I just can't eat 1 peach... I eat 5. I have never in my entire life felt so out of control. EVER!!

I think I need something more strict than calorie counting. I just cheat.

I am going to walk to work tomorrow. its a whole whopping 1 mile. Seems like nothing compared to what you are doing but for what ever reason I take the bus or make davey drive me.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 AM   #23  

There are so many informations,I like this post.please continue.
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #24  
aka Vicky

Allison: Aw, thanks for the compliments! You definitely inspire me as much as I inspire you! To answer your questions, Matt and I are thinking of trying next year (mid to late 2011). We really want to focus on Madeline and make sure finances, etc. are in order. We want to move into a bigger house as well, but if that doesn't happen before the end of 2011, I'm still going to have a baby! I'm definitely getting baby fever.

Dance: I find that pain complely wears me out. The ARP makes my muscles contract 500 times a second, so it's working those muscles harder and faster than I could even think of doing. I'm literally sweating when I get out of the gym (not so good when I have to put a suit back on and go back to work!) I'm getting better, my sciatica is going away and my hip isn't as bad. I'm going to get some new workouts from Jeff and taking running completely out of my routine until he thinks I can do it again. It's going to take some strengthening to get my knees to where they need to be. Great job on the workouts!!! You are a mileage queen!!

AJ: So sorry to hear about your surgery - I heard gallbladder can really do a number on your digestive system. How are you feeling these days? What can we do to help you get back into control? Walking a mile is a great start - it's better than taking a ride! As for the eating - start by eating the healthy stuff - 5 peaches is still better than a big mac and fries (for example). Baby steps is the way that worked best for me. Little changes here and there that will add up to pounds lost. You can do this! Dont' let others' comments (your dad's for example) derail your efforts. IF you lost it once, you can do it again! The fact that you came back shows that you are resilient.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #25  

Dance-it feels so good to get back to walking and when I was walking I was losing. Not like now the scale doesnt want to go lower than 193. I really dont notice a big difference in my body. I am feeling bloated lately. TOM may be on the way.

AJ-the baby is Chris' cousins. We went to see her this past weekend and is absolutely adorable. Walking to work is a great start. You'll find your groove again and start losing.

Vicky-Baby fever is spreading like wild fire, lol. I would love to get pregnant before my 30th birthday so I have 11 months.

Havent gotten out for a walk today, probably gonna wait til about 8. Almost went to late last night at 845 so gonna get going earlier today. Wanna go out and jump on the trampoline but I need to clean it off. After raining it has some gunk on it. Want to get 2 miles in again today.

We went to the river to swim this morning. Chris and our nephew Joel fished. They caught a few bass. It was a nice morning.

Havent heard from the boys mom since before the weekend. Its been a nice little break. I am sure I will hear from her near Friday(payday).

How is everyones week going?

So I just tried doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. Its 40 minutes. It says for your first time to do as much as you can and build up to doing it all. I didnt do it all. It was a bit much on my knees but I did what I could. It was still a good workout and I worked up quite a sweat. Still gonna get a walk in. Now time to make some dinner, what to make???

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 08-10-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #26  

Hey, girls! I took today off to work on construction projects and I moved (with help from some guys) 1.5 tons of flagstone for an addition to my patio so that counts as my workout for today, phew! Am vegging for a bit before hitting the shower.

aj - what kind of job do you have? If you can get into the habit of walking there and back, I think that would be helpful with getting into a new groove. My sympathies on the fertility drugs - they made one of my buddies pretty emotional for a while - that's tough stuff and as far as I know, they don't make weight loss any easier.

burgundy - what did you decide on dinner? I'm a bit stuck for ideas myself Good for you on the miles - I bet that will get your ticker moving again.

maddiesmom - You have really been through a lot with all the ARP but what a great thing you've done for your body, losing so much weight and getting your back sorted out. In no time, your knees will be stronger than ever and you'll be able to run around after your little one with no trouble. It's probably hard to even imagine a pain-free existence at the moment. Have you worn any of your new outlet clothes yet?

Hope you all have a nice evening...
Old 08-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #27  

Vicky- Thank you. Wait... you want another baby?

Allison- Do you listen to Jillians pod casts? I use to just love her and lately (maybe jealousy) I just can't stand her advice. I am still listening though.

Dance- The drugs are so not good and I am not even sure I am really ready to be pregnant but that changes daily. I am a art director/web design coordinator with a company that builds sites for Dentists and Ortho Docs. Its... ehhh. I am trying to create good habits but it the home part I really struggle with. Cooking and prepping for work.

I am having a good day. I will be at 600 calories by the time I go home from work and I even got a sugar free vanilla latte =) I really need to take the time at night to prep for the day. I have enough food and it is 11:20 here and I have 40oz of water down!! Good day.

Can someone fill me in on who is still here? Also, where is every one weight wise?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #28  
aka Vicky

AJ: yep, I want to have another one - we're going to wait until next year to start trying, but I would have another one in a second! I agree, planning food for the next day is hard for me too. I try to go to the store and then I clean and prep all my produce so I can hurry and bag it for my lunch. I pretty much eat the same thing every day, but at least it's "Dummy proof" where I don't have to try and figure out what to prepare.

Weight wise - I made it to Onderland on 4th of July weekend - first time in more than 10 years I think. It's crazy to think! I'm at 78 pounds lost. Still doing the calorie counting (sort of - I basically eat all fruits, veggies and lean protein) and then I work out with Jeff still. Before I hurt my knee, I was working out with him 3-4 times/week.

Dance: Your yard work sounds like a hefty workout to me!! Any plans for mileage today? I did wear my new clothes yesterday, and I have to say, I feel better than I have in a long time. I know I'm getting there, just takes time. I'll take pictures this weekend with me in the new dress (still can't believe I'm going to wear one) and post them on FB.

So yesterday, I went and ARP'ed and I reached 10!!! Still can't believe it. My knee doesn't hurt as much as it used to and my hip pain is almost completely gone - it's getting there. I went and strengthened with the ARP today, so next week I can begin training again with Jeff. Very excited that I won't be getting zapped on a daily basis.

Food has been good - I'm really trying to stick to plan. I have about 3-4 weeks before I have to start shopping for a dress for my SIL's wedding, so I'm hoping for a 12, but if it doesn't happen, I'm happy that I'm a 14 - that is 5 sizes down from where I was, so I can't complain.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #29  

aj - your job sounds interesting - good for you for getting something creative! What do your meal plans look like these days? Are you still shooting for protein for breakfast? Low-carb? Bringing lunch to work is hard for me (too lazy, I guess) and I only have a few options I'm comfortable with as far as restaurants (Subway, Panera's, Whole Foods) where I won't be tempted by fast food or other bad choices. What are you bringing for lunch these days?

As far as weight, I haven't made any real progress in quite a while but I'm looking at it as maintenance practice and I seem to have lost some more inches from running as my clothes are looser than they used to be. I don't calorie count except for sort of in my head and clearly that's what I need to do to get things going again. Too many treats, *sigh*.

As far as still here - Maddiesmom, Burgundy and I are the always crowd. Mygrits was posting all the time for a while but in the last few weeks, I think she's been caught up with other stuff (her online business and her daughter is looking at getting divorced). We haven't heard from Neesy in ages but on FB I saw that she wasn't planning on moving to Korea anymore so hope she's doing well.

What do you hear from Lindy? She looks gorgeous in the pix I've seen on FB.

I'm walking with a buddy after work tonight so it'll be a 3-mile day for me - anyone else up for mileage? Food is fine so far - B: strawberries and yogurt, L: tuna sandwich, veggies. Not sure what dinner will be yet.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #30  

Vicky---- OMG ONEDERLAND! How exciting. What do you like most about yourself 78lbs lighter?

Dance- What do you eat at panara? I brought a homemade yourt parfait with blueberries, a banana, a large salad for lunch a grapefruit for snack and to fish my sugar cravings! I still would love to do protein breakfast but I am so lazy in the AM