Old 08-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default Gone off food !!

I know it seems impossible for such a major big person such as me, but over the last few weeks I have seriously gone off eating. I mean I fancy nothing, and don't really enjoy what I'm eating. I have been eating mainly protein and veggies. I occasionally have porridge for breakfast, but am finding it increasingly difficult to eat. I am never hungry, and struggle to get in a decent number of calories. I drink LOADS of water, at least 150 ozs a day, but feel I need it, and miss it if I don't get it. I'm a bit concerned that I may not be eating enough, and that this will slow down weightloss. I have tried adding in seeds as these are a good source of natural fat, as I was aware that I wasn't eating any really. I'm not really looking for advice, just wondered whether this had happened to anyone else.
Thanks
Sam
x
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I wouldn't worry about not eating enough. You shouldn't eat when you aren't hungry just to get some calorie level in. Eating when I wasn't hungry was exactly what got me in the situation I was in!

If you are bored with the food you are eating, try new things. There are many healthy options. Do you have farmer's markets there in Belgium where you are at? I always find some new fruits and veggies that I never had before and it is good to find new things.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

For me it comes and goes. There are days when I am genuinely full on under a thousand calories; then there is today when I could eat my shoes, I'm so hungry and not a single calorie left in my budget (it's evening here).

If I find I have more than 2 or 3 days at a very low level, I do make an effort to add more good calories in, just so's I don't get into the habit of going lower and lower and lower.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

It happens to me when it gets hot. It has been a record breaking hot summer here so I'm getting a little appetite control help from Mother Nature.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #5  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

I also go through phases, not hungry - can't get enough. I think you're fine and doing yourself a service eating the proteins and veggies and I'm sure your body is being nourished. You should never eat just to eat, so just keep it up! Congrats!
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #6  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Thanks everyone - will jsut stop worrying then. I see so much on this site about making sure we get enough calories - I have always had the opposite probelm
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
It happens to me when it gets hot. It has been a record breaking hot summer here so I'm getting a little appetite control help from Mother Nature.
+1
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote