Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #1  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Goodbye sweet, sweet Tim Hortons

the time has come that I must end the relationship I have with Tim Hortons coffee.
My usual iced coffee of 170 calories is bad enough, but the coffee I used to get I have learned is closer to 370. I haven't had one in a long, long time, but still - holy crap!

I've had to break it off with Tim, we just can't see eachother anymore *Dramatically throws arms up and wails*

Thought it might be a little easier to pass up seeing it in black and white just how much of my calorie budget I was wasting on a 'simple' coffee.
Any one else find things like this, that are ridiculously higher in calories than you would have thought?
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #2  

I also had to end my love affair with Tim Horton's. I used to love getting iced coffee, but I couldn't get it without having a donut. I miss him, but it's for the best.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #3  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I had to giggle...I like Tim Horton's too, but I don't live close enough any more to keep up the affair.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

This Tim Horton guy is quite the player.

Congrats on breaking free and realizing the very
high calories involved.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

I went through French Vanilla Cap withdrawal a few years back. It is tough to kick Timmy's when the rest of Canada is so enthralled. It is like crack in a cup.....
mommajen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #6  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

What in the iced coffee is causing it to be 170 calories? Sugar and cream? What was your usual 370 drink?

Starbucks is the same way. People get those caramel mochiatos, etc. and are shocked to learn it is like a full meal's worth of calories in a cup.

I've already drank coffee black, so that makes me coffee addiction doable
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #7  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Not all of Canada is enthralled!

There is a LOT better quality coffee out there, and you can make some of those delicious drinks yourself for not too expensive, controlling the ingredients and not being tempted by an unhealthy dessert!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm a timmy's gal 100% lol I'm lucky I never took sugar in my coffee (somehow sweet and coffee together grosses me out blech) I still have a large 1 cream coffee in the mornings, and it makes life worth living LOL Any chance you can get an iced coffee with milk and sweetener instead of sugar and cream? that's gotta bring the cals down to next to nuthin! But it abstinence is your best attack right now, you go girl !!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

I have got to the point where I can resist the donuts, so usually I have a med. coffee double cream when I go. I can't do a road trip without that!
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

Tim, Tim Tim.... I moved away from you, but the sweet memories of a large coffee with cream and two crullers live on. I miss you still.

Contrats on giving him up! I had to move to Utah to do it. No willpower against the cruller, I tell you.....
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #11  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I'm a timmy's gal 100% lol I'm lucky I never took sugar in my coffee (somehow sweet and coffee together grosses me out blech) I still have a large 1 cream coffee in the mornings, and it makes life worth living LOL Any chance you can get an iced coffee with milk and sweetener instead of sugar and cream? that's gotta bring the cals down to next to nuthin! But it abstinence is your best attack right now, you go girl !!!

see that's the odd part, i get a large iced coffee made with milk, no sugar . . . and its still telling me it's 170 calories, doesnt seem right at all to me but meh, its not something I need anyway.

Ohhh Tim how you taunt me so.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #12  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

I'm another one who loves her coffee. I solved the problem by asking the guy who makes it exactly what they put in there as a general rule.

Long story short, if you are just getting a coffee with milk, it's probably the proportion of milk to coffee and the type of milk that's setting you up for those calories. You can still have your iced coffee; just ask for it without milk, and then YOU put milk in it, the type of milk you like, according to the number of calories you want to spend.

Also, I don't know if you can do this, you might get the coffee iced without milk and add whatever flavored, fat-free creamer you have to hand. There are several types of it that come in individual servings that do not have to be refrigerated, and if I needed it, I might stock a few of these in my car.

:-) Cheers! I haven't had coffee yet today, and I probably won't, but we'll see. Sometimes it seems like a "must."
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I'm a Latte girl. We don't have a Timmy's or Starbucks here, they are both over 500km away. But we do have 2 places that make the fancy drinks and I always got the latte or steamed milk. One place uses skim and the other whole milk.

My mom bought me a Bosch Tassimo machine, a latte with those are only 80 cal. I have one cup a day.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm a coffee, 1 cream Timmy's girl too, but it's very rare that I indulge because it's just cheaper to make my own.

Iced coffee is really easy to make, too. Just use your morning's leftover coffee, or brew up another batch and let it go cold. I used evaporated milk instead of cream, and maybe a teaspoon of sugar, as well as ice cubes (you can also freeze coffee in an ice cube tray so as not to water down your drink). It was really refreshing! Better yet, I made one for my husband, using Bailey's instead of milk and sugar.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Are they using whole milk? Maybe switch to skim to make it better.

I'm a Starbucks type of girl, but I make my own coffee at home mostly now. I found the same syrup I like, sugar-free vanilla. Its 0 calories and since I only like a dash of milk with my coffee, the whole drink is maybe 20calories
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote